7/?

The Complication

Sehun arrives home with trepidation weighing him down, rather than the elation to be reunited with his cat he might have had a few weeks ago. He can't believe he left him alone at home. It doesn't matter that he's used to being left alone, it's different now that he's human: not only is he more capable of breaking things and generally ruining the interior of his home, but he feels stronger emotions too, it would seem. Sehun feels guilty, and hopes he doesn't return home to a sulky, petulant man with a propensity for climbing the furniture.

After unlocking it, the door swings inward almost silently, and Sehun listens out for any signs of Luhan coming to greet him, but the house is silent. He shucks off his shoes, and dumps his breifcase on the kitchen counter, leaving it there to deal with later on, when he has the presence of mind to deal with yet more paperwork. It doesn't matter, he can do it tomorrow. 

"Luhan?" He calls, expecting an immediate response echoing from somewhere in the building, but he's met with yet more silence. It's unnerving. What if he ran away? What if he hurt himself and is unconcious? First, he checks the living room to make sure he isn't there and Sehun just didn't see him on the way in, then he scales the staircase and peeks into each of the rooms along the landing, at last coming to his room. 

There, he discovers Luhan, bundled up in his bedsheets and sleeping peacefully. Somehow the image tugs at his heartstrings, and he is very relieved to find him safe and uninjured. He's even fully dressed, and in some of his own clothes too! A few days ago, he'd gone shopping for clothes for him to wear, so now Luhan's wardrobe consists of a sixpack of cheap underwear, two pairs of jeans and a few graphic t-shirts. Usually it's a struggle to get him to wear them, since he prefers to wear only  Sehun's old hoodies, but right now he's wearing his own t-shirt and boxers. Though he is bundled up in Sehun's duvets and blankets, so maybe he can't completely train him to stop stealing his things.

Now he no longer has to worry about Luhan, he heads off to the kitchen in search of food. He's too lazy this evening to make anything more complicated than rice and a few fried vegetables- not the most healthy of meals, but it'll suffice. It tastes good enough, too, so he enjoys it while he can. Once he's done, he takes his time cleaning up, relishing in the peaceful silence but at the same time missing Luhan. Usually around now he's underfoot, messing around or causing trouble, so it feels strange and almost wrong to be by himself. 

Dishes clean, he scoops the left over rice into a tupperware pot and puts it in the fridge to eat tomorrow maybe, and checks the time on his phone. It's late enough that he can justify going to bed early, so he goes to the bathroom and washes up. He prolongs brushing his teeth, knowing that he's going to have to share a bed with Luhan again. And it's not that he doesn't want to, but at the same time, he doesn't have any particularly strong desire to do so either. He takes his time changing into his pyjamas too, eyeing the sleeping man suspiciously out of the corner of his eye.

One of Luhan's muscular legs is thrown over the duvet he's hugging, and his tail is loosely coiled over his waist. Sehun spends just a little too long looking at his bare legs to be considered appropriate. He can't help noticing in this time that his leg hair is a similar colour to the hair on his head (and other places, if he recalls correcty,) which shouldn't really be a huge shock, since he used to be pink all over, but for some reason Sehun is still stupified.

After putting on his pyjama top, he climbs into his side of the bed, away from Luhan, and tugs the covers out of Luhan's grasp and arranges it so it covers them both. Taking advantage of his unconciousness, regards his face. While his features are not childlike -definitely not that!- there's definitely a kind of, maybe not innocence, but naievity present. Even with the light smattering of stubble on his jaw, he looks like he knows nothing of the world, and Sehun finds he rather likes it. Cynicism wouldn't become him.

For some reason, that he cannot fathom, he wants to touch Luhan's face. He doesn't, of course, because that would just be weird and there's no reason for him to do so. And he doesn't really want to touch luhan's face anyway, why would he want to do that? He sighs loudly and rolls over violently, making the mattress bounce and for a second Sehun is afraid he woke Luhan up, but he doesn't even stir.

After that, Sehun makes a concentrated effort to go to sleep, though he finds it more difficult than usual, since it feels like Luhan's presence just behind him is being branded into his back, despite him not being close enough to touch. Every time Luhan shifts, or even so much as breathes a little louder than normal, Sehun has to restart the whole process of falling asleep. It frustrates him, because he's never had this much of a problem falling asleep before, so why now?

It takes him at least an hour longer than normal to fall asleep.

-

He doesn't know what time it is when he wakes up again, but it must still be the middle of the night because it's pitch black and there is only minimal orange light filtering into his bedroom from the streetlights outside. The thing that woke him up, he notices with a dreadful start, is Luhan. He's obviously gravitated towards him unconsiously, and now instead of his duvet, he's hugging Sehun. His leg is over his waist and Sehun is beginning to panic because he hasn't had this much intimate physical contact in a very long time.

He feels it in his face first, a gentle burning heat in his cheeks, and then when Luhan sighs and snuggles even closer it spreads through the rest of his body like a flashfire that has him squirming and trying to push him away desperately. But Luhan won't budge. Sehun sighs, trying to think of something, anything, other than what's happening right now. He can't feel this way about Luhan; his ex-cat. It's wrong, it's unethical, it's beastialty! But is it really? Sehun finds himself contemplating, as he looks down and insepects Luhan's very human hands, toned arms and thighs.

If anything, despite the tail, and the feline ears poking through his still pink hair (though his roots are starting to show through a white-blonde colour now, just a little,) Luhan is a better human specimen than Sehun is. With his years of working a desk job and filing papers, he's lost almost all the strength he used to have when he was still at college and playing sport occasionally. He's still slim, but on the way to gaining weight. If he keeps eating like he does now, then he'll be overweight by the time he's thirty-five and maybe have a paunch by forty. 

Ok, so Luhan is human, that still doesn't excuse the immorality of the situation. Yes, Luhan kissed him that one time, but that's because he didn't know what he was doing, so there's no way that anything like that will happen again, not now that Sehun explained what it was and why people do that. 

But over the short time he's been here, like this, Sehun has become alarmingly fond of him. He definitely likes having another person around the cat, and he- he hasn't missed the cat version of Luhan one bit. It's not even that Luhan is high maintenence, although he kind of is, but more like he can't resist giving him attention. He should really stop doting on him, before he does something stupid like fall for him.

He looks down at Luhan's sleeping face again. Even with his mouth open, and drooling on him, he looks kind of sweet. Luhan tilts his head to one side and snores, loudly. Sehun winces, but is grateful for the distraction, because he was well on the way to thinking that Luhan was adorable there, and he can't have that. Sehun makes one last feeble attempt to shove his bed partner off of him, but gives up almost instantly, conceding to the quite comfortable warmth of Luhan's body pressed up along his side.

-

The next time he wakes up, it's still early because he has to go to work, but Luhan isn't clinging on to him anymore. That doesn't mean to say he's on his side of the bed, but it's better for Sehun this way. It means he isn't being forced to examine his soul further at six thirty in the morning. But then as he stumbles sleepily through his usual morning routine, he's forced to confront the concept that maybe, possibly, just perhaps, he might like Luhan a little more than as a cat owener, or even a friend. Friends certainly don't think about each other's abs the way Sehun thinks about Luhan's. Not that he thinks about Luhan's abs.

But it's not his fault, he can't help that he walked in on him that one time. Anyone would think about that, right? And if his memory insists on remembering the whole thing, then that's not his fault either, right? He shakes his head and shovels yesterday's leftover rice into his mouth. No, not his fault at all.


so sehun s beginning to catch one that he like, like-likes Luhan lmao

i know every one is sad rn because of everything but i seriously recommend watching this to cheer you up a bit

ill finish this fic but i most likely wont do any fics in the future with luhan as a main character which is irritating as i had a huge plan for a fic with him as protagonist i guess ill just change it idk, maybe ill eat my words *grumbles*

so yh comment and stuff i dont bite

tumblr | askfm  my askfm is so empty no one ever asks me anything haha...im so lonely