6/?

The Complication

A brief moment passes while Sehun sits up like a startled rabbit, but then he's sprinting up the stairs three at a time and rushing across the landing to the bathroom, rapping on the door and demanding to know what the hell just happened,

"Luhan! What the hell is going on in there?!" He bellows, fearing the floor, and the water damage and the mess he will most likely have to clean up himself, since Luhan is damn near useless when it comes to cleaning,

"Oh, nothing, I just fell out of the bath. I'm fine, don't worry!" Sehun is only slightly ashamed to realise he hadn't worried about Luhan's safety at all, and it only occurs to him now that he could well have been seriously hurt after a crash like that, "It's not locked, you can come in," Luhan calls, as if able to sense Sehun hovering outside, uncertain.

Decision made for him, he takes hold of the cold ceramic doorknob and twists, opening the door to reveal a completely man, dripping wet and deliciously muscled. Sehun shuts his eyes and gulps, addam's apple bobbing. Delicious- he really just used the word delicious to describe a man's body, what is he, a teen magazine now? He shakes his head and opens his eyes again, making sure to avoid Luhan and instead survey the room. There's water everywhere, the blue curtains on the tiny window bove the toilet are even damp along the bottom hem, darker than the rest of the fabric.

It's mostly water, Sehun consoles himself, as long as he gets most of it off the floor, then the rest will dry on its own, hopefully. He spots the white towel hanging on the towel rack- thankfully not drenched with water- and makes a grab for it, tossing it at Luhan who squawks,

"Wrap that around your waist," he commands gruffly, pretending not to notice the offended scowl Luhan shoots at him. He obeys, though, however reluctant he is, and wraps the towel around him. He holds the corners together, not knowing how to tie a knot properly. Sehun thinks it would be better not to offer assistance, because then he'd end up with his body far to close to Luhan's, and with Luhan not wearing any clothes that might lead to even more unwanted feelings. 

"Get out. Go find some clothes," he says, and steps out of the way so Luhan can pass him by. He pretends not to notice the damp trail his tail leaves behind as it brushes past his leg, and his sly smirk, instead concentrating his mind on the excruciatingly dull task ahead of him- he always hating cleaning of any kind. Sighing like a man wronged, he drags some towels out of the cupboard and throws them over the floor, hoping they'll soak up most of the excess water.

Maybe he should call Baekhyun and Taeyeon, they've probably made messes like this before- he doesn't want to think how- but surely they've needed to clean up messes like this before, right? Sehun is too careful, or lonely is another way of looking at it, to do anything like this. He calls Taeyeon up and has her talk him through how to fix this, the exasperation in her voice making him feel a little childish. He's plenty old enough to know how to do this on his own.

While he mops away at the vinyl flooring with towels, he can't help his mind wandering back to the glistening planes of Luhan's chest and striking abs. As much as he hates himself for it, it's not something he can control. He wonders if he'll ever be able to walk into the bathroom in the future and not imagine Luhan posing for him in the bathtub. Sehun shakes his head, and smacks his forehead attempting to dispel these thoughts, thoughts Luhan obviously knows he's having about him. He sighs and picks up all of the wet towels, about to carry them downstairs to the washing machine so he can launder them, but after he opens the door he trips over something that someone has carelessly left in the doorway.

As he falls to the floor with a tremounous thud, a loud cry alerts him to the fact that it is fact a someone not a something, and that someone is Luhan who was sat in the doorway. The wet towels have fallen haphazardly onto the floor, water soaking into the carpet. Sehun curses, hurrying to pick them up. To his surprise, Luhan helps him, in his own way, pushing them closer to him with the heels of his hands. It's a bit of a strange way of helping, but at least he's not being unhelpful, Sehun concedes.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry..." Luhan mumbles, trying to explain himself, "I was just trying to get out of the bath but I slipped and fell, and then the water went everywhere and it got in my ears and it- I'm sorry for making a mess." He finishes, looking up at Sehun pitifully, tugging absently on his collar. Sehun sighs, standing up and heading downstairs with his arms loaded. He doesn't say anything to Luhan, but while he's shoving the soaked towels into the washing machine he realises he's already forgiven him.

In fact, he forgave him the moment he saw him, and this does not bode well for the future. He pinches the bridge of his nose; as a cat Luhan was pampered and spoiled to the point of being allowed to get away with almost anything and it would seem as though this isn't going to change with him as a human. He presses a few buttons on the washing machine then head into the living room, intent on watching some tv and letting his back relax after being bent over for so long.

He almost falls asleep to the commentary of a live cricket match but a slight warmth against the back of his hand which is hanging off the sofa jolts him back to lucidity. Luhan is leaning contritely against the sofa, his fingers laced together and his knees tucked up to his chest.

"I'm sorry," he repeats, "I'll behave better in the future, and I'll be cleaner and I'll do my best to act like a human ok? Please forgive-" Sehun yanks on his arm, and tugs him up onto the sofa with him, doing his best to block out the screaming voice of reason telling him that this is a terrible idea, and lets Luhan lie on his stomach. He drags his fingers through his hair once,

"There's nothing to forgive. But I will still hold you to your promises of behaving better, alright?" Sehun rubs gently between Luhan's ears, marvelling at how they twitch when his fingers draw nearer, just like they did when he was a cat. When he makes this mental connection, his mind screams at him to stop this, to stop treating a cat in this way because it's just morally wrong but then Luhan hums, tuning his cheek against Sehun's stomach, and he suddenly cares a lot less. 

Luhan hums, a soft husky sound that puts Sehun at ease for some reason. Sehun watches Luhan's breathing slow and eventually he falls asleep on him. When it comes to be time for bed, he manages to partially wake him up, so he's a drowsy little kitten he has to almost carry up the stairs to bed. Brushing his teeth is difficult too, but once that's done they collapse onto Sehun's bed together, and it doesn't even occur to him that he shouldn't be there.

-

"So this here is my number," Sehun points to the post-it note on the fridge, "if you have an emergency, call me, ok?" Luhan nods,

"Ok, I will," he agrees, staring at the string of numers intently, probably memorising them. 

"Only in an emergency," Sehun stresses, "I don't want you calling me or texting me things that aren't important," Luhan nods again, satisfying Sehun. He ruffles Luhan's hair then picks up his breifcase and sets off to work, shutting the door behind him firmly. It leaves Luhan feeling a little bereft. He stands in the kitchen for a few minutes, not quite knowing what to do now that Sehun is gone.

He's never been home alone without Sehun, not since he turned into a human anyway, so he is at a loss of what to do. He stares at Sehun's phone number, already wanting to call it, even though he's only just heard the engine of the car dwindling in volume as it went down the street. The TV seems like an agreeable way to pass the time before Sehun returens, so he heads to the living room to waste as much time as he can.

He can't sit still, unable to focus on one program for more than a few minutes, so he ends up flicking through hundreds of channels to try and find something to watch which twisting and turning on the couch to find a comfortable position to lounge in. 

He misses Sehun. Looking at the time, he realises it's only been an hour and a half, so he still has to wait ages until he gets home in the evening. He tries to sleep, but only manages to get himself to lie with his eyes closed for a while, since it's still morning he can't force himself to sleep just yet. He gets up and crawls over to the window, annoyed that he can no longer sit there and watch the goings-on of the street outside. He watches the passers-by until midday, when his stomach growls loudly, and he concludes that he should find food. But what? Luhan doesn't know how to make human food. He can only hope Sehun left him something n the fridge.

To his delight, there is a small tupperware box of rice on the second shelf down. Gleefully, he gets it down and reads the post it note Sehun left on it for him. He didn't even see him doing this for him this morning, and he feels buoyant that Sehun made this for him. He knows his master probably didn't mean it in that way, almost certainly, but then he's seen the ways he's been looking at him when he thinks Luhan isn't watching, Luhan bets its only a matter of time. He'll have to come up with a plan to get him to fall for him.

Still clumsy with his chopsticks, Luhan slowly eats his rice which has little bits of ham and vegetables in. Then he tries to wash up, but it doesn't work very well so he just leaves the tub in the sink and hopes that Sehun can deal with it when he gets home. Satiated now, he doesn't know what to do with himself. Think, Luhan, what would you normally be doing while Sehun is at work?

He wanders around the house until he reaches Sehun's -now his too- bedroom. The curtain is wide open and casting a wonderfully warm looking patch of sunlight on their shared bed. Luhan bites his lip, debating mentally whether he should take his trousers off before lying in the sun or not, but it just looks too good. He can't resist stripping them off, and rolling amongst the covers for a breif moment, before hugging the majority of the duvet with his legs.

It only takes a few short minutes for the sun to warm up his bare skin, and Luhan thinks this must be what heaven is like. The bed is comfy, warm and he is surrounded by Sehun's dizzying scent. It isnt long before he shuts his eyes, managing to fall into an easy and relaxing sleep this time, imagining that Sehun is right there beside him.


terrible author is terrible im so sorry feel free to throw rocks

if anyone has ideas/questions for this fic come chat me up 'kay

ask.fm | tumblr