5/?

The Complication

Lying on the couch, again- it seems to be Luhan's favourite place to be, with his head resting on Sehun's tummy- Sehun absent mindedly pets Luhan's hair, between his ears. He'd long since learned that he shouldn't stop, or there'd be consequences. Especially as a cat, Luhan was prone to lashing out. Not strongly, of course, they were only mild scratches, but still enough to teach Sehun a lesson. Do not stop under any circumstances.

"Well," Luhan mumbles drowsily, "I think today went ok," he wriggles, nearly winding Sehun.

"Really? I think it could have gone a little better myself," Seun smirks, hoping that Baekhyun and Taeyeon aren't at home convincing themselves that Luhan is an abomination that should be turned in to scientists or something. Sehun really doesn't want anything like that to happen, he thinks, scratching Luhan's ears lightly. He lets out a hum that sounds almost deliberately ual, and Sehun does his best to force that thought from his mind. Only the problem with doing that is the thoughts tend to come back twice as strong, so soon Sehun is having undesirable thoughts about the cat lying very close to his crotch.

No inappropriate touching, no inappropriate touching. !!

"I'm still allowed to sleep with you, right?" Luhan asks, for what feels like the thousanth time. After a short sleepy pause- it's getting late now- Luhan half gets up and twists his body into a position that cannot be comfortable, so he can look imploringly at Sehun.

Sehun sighs, "Yes, Luhan. You're still allowed to sleep in the same bed as me," he corrects, telling himself he's imagining the slight drop in Luhan's face when he changes the wording.

"Ok, good. Just checking. Didn't want you to have changed your mind without me knowing," he mutters, flopping back onto Sehun's stomach, face down this time. Sehun can feel his nose and lips pressing into his skin through his thin shirt and he finds himself needing to chant Baekhyun's warning over and over again. Sehun goes back to Luhan's hair in the hopes that the action will help take his mind of that, but it just makes him hum into his abdomen, and that really doesn't help his situation at all.

"Can we go to sleep now?" Luhan says through a yawn. For the sake of getting away from him for just a few moments.

"Yeah, why not," he grunts, gently shoving Luhan away from him and rising to his feet with creaking joints. He checks the time: nearing eleven thirty. They'll have to bathe tomorrow- yet another experience Sehun thinks he doesn't want to have. 

-

Sleeping that night is an affair to say the least. Luhan insists he should sleep in the , and Sehun won't let him anywhere near him without clothing on. Luhan, very disgruntled and petulant, eventualy agrees to a compromise in which he is wearing pyjama bottoms (which are too long for him) but nothing on the top half of his body. 

As Sehun lays down in his bed, Luhan lingers in the doorway, doing a strange little dance, exchanging his weight from foot to foot. Sehun looks away, lest he become further distracted from sleeping. But when he doesn't feel Luhan getting into bed a few long moments later, he rolls over and asks pointedly,

"Luhan, what are you waiting for? I thought you wanted to go to sleep?" He notices the peculiar way Luhan is standing, with one leg crossed over the other. It takes him a while to understand, in his tired state of mind, but eventually it twigs,

"Luhan, you know how to use the toilet, right? Just go use it," he says dismissively. Luhan has been in the bathroom enough times while he was using it to know, he's certain.

"I. Um. Ok," Luhan says, voice very small. Sehun hears the telltale sounds of lights being flicked on in the hallway and the bathroom door being locked. Then a short while later the toilet flushes, and an he hears the plumbing whoosh through the walls of the building, and a squeak and a shudder when they turn off. It's an old building and Sehun doesn't know a thing about plumbing, so he doesn't know if it's meant to sound like that or not. It's pretty funny when the boiler suddenly turns on, and the noise sends Luhan running outside. Used to, anyway.

Luhan comes back into his bedroom, looking a little sheepish from what Sehun can see in this low lighting. One ear is pressed flat against his hair so that is blends in, and the other is pointing to the side. Sehun raises a hand and waves him over, then lets it flop back down onto the mattress, an open invitation. Luhan slinks towards him, still shy, and crawls closer, tail sticking straight up in the air. 

Too tired after the escapades involving getting Luhan dressed to think about anything more than platonic, Sehun jerks his head to tell Luhan to come closer. Luhan grins, the faint light glinting off his elongated canines. Luhan reaches out, still on his knees on the bed, and rests his palms against Sehun's stomach, pressing in a way that feels part like he's having a massage and part like he's being kneaded like bread dough. Luhan laughs nervousl,

"It's weird doing this when you're awake. I usually would wait until you're asleep to do this."

"And what exactly are you doing?" Sehun asks, not used to this sort of thing. He's seen him do it to blankets and things before, but that was quite a long time ago, back when he was still a kitten. At least he no longer has claws, he supposes.

"I don't really know," he stops his actions, then curls up against Sehun's side with his head resting on Sehun's tummy in a way that Sehun cannot fathom being comfortable at all, "I've just always done it to you. I like you, y'know?"

"Not really, but whatever floats your boat," 

-

Sehun wakes up similarly to the morning before, with Luhan lyings across him and weighing him down into the mattress. However this time it's different, because he'd been having a very graphic dream, involving the  other person currently occupying his bed. Sehun is ashamed of himself. He tries to free himself of Luhan's anchoring body, but he proves very difficult to budge. 

The only option is to wake him up, and he does so, but cautiously. Luhan stirs, moving only his head and only then jst a little so he can look at Sehun's face.

"Luhan. Get off,"

"But I like it here," he frowns, pressing his face harder against Sehun's chest where he's managed to next himself amongst the covers. Sehun grimaces,

"I need to shower," He says, trying to convey the urgence that he feels. He need to get out from underneath this person right now, or something might happen, "and you need to shower too," he says, just looking for an excuse to make him move, but then he sniffs the air and phew. Both of them stink, and Luhan hasn't used deoderant before, ever. He'll need to get some soon, when he buys hom some clothes.

Very reluctantly, Luhan slithers off Sehun and onto the floor, where he waits for Sehun to get up too. He does, and quickly bolts to the door, trying to hide his problem as best he can, surprised Luhan hasn't seemed to notice anything amiss yet, and heads to the bathroom. Sehun turns around to shut the door and receives a yelp from Luhan, on the other side of the door, who had apparently been trying to follow him inside.

"No, Luhan. I. I'm not showering with you in here. It was ok when you were a cat but not. Not anymore," he slams the door shut, locking it instantly. He ignores the distraught yelling emanating from the other side of the door and focuses instead on turning the shower on, undressing and oh god Luhan's seen me before.

He showers rapidly, barely even using conditioner on his hair, towels himself dry quickly, before remembering he hasn't brought any clothes with him and sinking to the floor dramatically. He buries his hands in his wet hair and rocks on his heels a few times,

"Luhan, can you get me some clothes please?" Its a long shot, because Luhan is hardly known for behaving.

"Not unless you let me in first. You should have brought them with you! Why can't I come in, anyway? It's not like it's anything I haven't seen before!" 

"That is not something I want to hear!" he calls back, frustrated. The only thing he can do is wrap the towel around him and hope to catch Luhan off guard when he comes out. He's just so clingy, and while that's not normally a bad thing exactly, in this situation it's the last thing he needs.

Trying to keep his face as stoic as possible, he unlocks the door, and nearly trips over Luhan who was sat leaning against the door and feel backwards when he opened it. Sehun darts away from him, holding the towel up with one hand and opening his bedroom door and sliding through the crack. He doesn't have a lock on his door so he leans his bodyweight against it, expecting Luhan to push it open. This reminds him of his childhood, when he and his sister would play chase in the house, and then get yelled at for messing around with the doors.

But nothing comes, so he relaxes, and rushes to put on some clothes, not really looking at what he's wearing, then goes to check on his new housemate. He opens the door just a crack and finds him still sat on the floor glaring pointedly at him. Sehun balks, not having been subject to such rage from a human since he was living with his family (he fought with his sister a lot.) As a cat it's a different matter.

Sehun clears his throat, "Are you, um, going to shower now?" He asks through the crack between the door and the wall.

"I don't want to shower," he spits, slowly standing up, "my ears will get wet," he touches them as if testing to see if the're still there.

"Well in that case you can have a bath instead," he suggests, stepping out now that he seems safe enough, now that he doesn't think Luhan is going to attack him. Luhan scowls again, but nods. As a human, he can't clean himself with his tongue anymore, and cleanliness is pretty important to him, judging by the way he'd spend ages everyday grooming himself. And coughing up pink hairballs everywhere.

He pushes Luhan into the bathroom, then leaves him standing uncomfortably behind him while he turns on the bath taps and puts the plug in. He debates over whether or not he should use one of his more expensive bubblebath things to make it smell nice, but then maybe Luhan wouldn't actually like the smell. He decides in the end to just leave it be, and after testing the water temperature he stands back for a moment, waiting for the bath to fill.

Luhan is still stading in the same place, looking anxiously at the rising pool of water in the tub. 

"You have to actually take your clothes off in order to have a bath, you know," Sehun laughs. He'd thought Luhan would be more eager to be getting undressed for him, but this is a pleasant surprise.

Luhan slowly removes his trousers, pulling it up from the back of his collar while looking at Sehun with trepidation in his eyes. Maintaining this eye contact, Sehun steps aside to let Luhan into the bath, angling himself closer to the door so he can get out of this awkward situation as soon as possible. Luhan gets down on his knees by the edge and leans over, tentatively dipping his hands into the warm water. Sehun knows it's not too hot, so he expects Luhan to step in any moment now.

But he doesn't. Instead he just gradually dips his hands in deeper, seemingly fascinated by the water. After what feels like an eternity of pointedly watching Luhan's hands and nothing else, Sehun begins to grow frustrated.

"Just get get in!" He doesn't shout, but he guesses the tiles in bathroom make his voice seem louder than he'd intended because Luhan jumps violently, splashing water all over himself and the floor. Sehun rolls his eyes. 

"Really, Luhan, just get in. It'll be over faster that way," he explains, trying his best not to sound patronising. He's not sure if it's working or not judging by the petulant mewls Luhan is making. 

It takes nearly half an hour longer of coaxing and persuading for Luhan to finally get into the bathtub and Sehun thinks he's got a few grey hairs now. He looks at Luha, sitting pitifully with the water up to his waist, his knees tucked to his chest. He doesn't move, just stares at Sehun with wide pleading eyes. Sehun feels his resolve crumbling.

"What?" He's meant to sound sharp, but then his voice had wavered, making him sound maybe scared. Luhan shrugs. Sehun points to a blue ball of netting material,

"That's the loofah. Use that, some soap and wash yourself down. Pretend the loofah is your tongue, use it in the same way if that makes you feel better." He doesn't think Luhan will ever understand how weird it feels to say that out loud. "That one is for your hair, and that one is for your body, understand?"  

"I understand," 

"Good, can I go now?" Sehun folds his arms. Next time, he vows, he's just going to give him a bucket of warm water and the loofah and not bother with all the fuss of the bath. So much effort.

"Yeah," Luhan mumbles moodily. Sehun leaves, and elects to go catch up on reading his book in the living room until Luhan's done, then they can decide what to do for the rest of the day. Sehun wonders if every day is going to be this much hassle. Looking at the clock, it's nearly midday already. They'd spent pretty much the whole morning trying to get Luhan clean.

Sehun sighs, his stomach feeling empty and he's tempted to apologise to it, but that would weird. He goes back to reading his book- sure that Luhan will come down when he's finished.Loing himself in the adventure of the protagonist in his book, he doesn't notice how much time has passed, still not Luhan. 

Then he hears a splash and his heart drops through the floor.


wooowww a decent chapter? maybe? i think its because im not trying to anything resembling a plot this time so its easier lol ahhh im so tired

tumblr! ask.fm!

yo please comment <3