Couple Costume | Part IV

The Book of Taengsic

 

It had been about an hour or so since the party had started and people were already drunk out of their minds. The music seemed to have gotten louder and the dancing definitely got more vulgar.

 

On the dance floor, Jessica and her friends were dancing along to the music as well. They, too, were no exception from the drunk status. Having had a couple drinks from earlier, Jessica could feel the effects of the alcohol kicking in, but not so much that she was completely wasted. She was still able to think properly and her inhibitions were somewhat functional.

 

This helped her to ward off any hormonally aroused men that tried to dance along with her and cop a feel of her curvy assets, which, for the past hour, has been happening non-stop. Tonight, she promised Tiffany that it would be an all-girls type of night, no boy drama whatsoever.

 

Eventually, the guys at the party got the message and stopped trying to get with the girl. Although, that didn’t stop them from continuing to gawk at Jessica like a piece of meat. I mean, who wouldn’t? Especially when five of the hottest girls in school were dancing so promiscuously against each other; grinding and swaying their hips to the beat.

 

As they continued to dance, they would talk to one another about random things just to keep the lively spirits up. In actuality, they were practically yelling in each other’s ears because the music was so loud.

 

“I can’t believe Jay is still trying to get with you, Sica!” Tiffany exclaimed as she bopped her head to the music.

 

Bora shook her head in agreement, “I know! Didn’t you reject him like a million times already?”

 

The rest of the girls laughed at Boras’ statement while Jessica just smiled at her joke.

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulders as she continued to sway her hips ily, “It’s whatever. You know guys are always like that to us! And I mean, I’m not really looking for anyone.”

 

At that statement, Hara slapped the girls shoulder as if a thought just popped up in her head, “Oh yeah! It’s because of your girlfriend, right?” She gave Jessica her teasing smile and wiggled her eyebrows in a playful manner.

 

Jessica and Tiffany nearly choked at that declaration. They looked at each other with wide eyes and could not believe what they just heard. Jessica Jung having a girlfriend? She giggled at the thought.

 

Don’t get her wrong, Jessica isn’t some homophobic maniac. She just never thought her friends would think she had a girlfriend. Turning back to Hara, Jessica guffawed, “A girlfriend? What are you talking about, Hara?”

 

“You don’t have to pretend Jessica, we saw her earlier before you got here, right guys?” She turned to both Bora and Minkyung who were also shaking their heads in confirmation.

 

The three girls could still see the confused expressions on Jessica and Tiffany’s faces so they decided to explain more. Minkyung chose to speak up next, “It’s the girl wearing that couple costume with you. You’re a nurse and she’s dressed up as a doctor. I mean, you guys did plan that right?”

 

“I didn’t plan anything with anyone! Tiffany helped me choose my costume!” She shook her head as if trying to clear her thoughts, “Just show me which girl you’re talking about.”

 

The three younger girls looked around the room to see if they could spot the mystery “doctor” and eventually, their eyes landed on a group of girls chatting by the entrance of the kitchen. Hara pointed her finger that direction and ushered the two older girls to look.

 

“That’s your girlfriend, right? The one dressed as a doctor?”

 

As Jessica focused her attention to where Hara was pointing, she spotted a petite, and rather short, girl standing with four other people as they talked amongst each other. Indeed, the girl was dressed as a doctor. She mentally laughed at herself for the coincidence that she found herself in. Jessica could now see why the girls would mistake the two to be dating.

 

And somewhere in the sub-conscious depths of her mind, Jessica did think the girl was kinda cute.

 

Jessica turned back to her friends giggling at the irony, “I can see why you would mistake us to be dating. I mean, the chances of us having similar themed costumes is crazy,” she released a sigh, “but no, I’m not dating that girl.”

 

The girls nodded their heads, lips jutted out and pouting, “Oh, ok then. Sorry Sica!”

 

Jessica and Tiffany could only laugh at their friends’ silly mistake. They began to dance once again after hearing the music pick up speed. After a few minutes of just dancing and no talking, Jessica decided to speak up again.

 

“But I will admit, the girl is kinda cute.” Jessica smirked.

 

The girls laughed at their friends’ remark. Jessica has always been the straightforward one out of all of them.

 

“Yeah, she kinda is.” Hara agreed.

 

Bora decided to join in on the fun as well, “Are you kidding me?! Kinda?! She has such a baby face, it’s adorable!” She turned to Jessica with an annoyed pout, “You have such a cute girlfriend Jessica!”

 

All the girls began to laugh again at Bora’s hilarious joke. Jessica smiled her toothy grin at the girl and slapped her in a playful manner, “Oh stop it, will you? I told you, we’re not dating.”

 

“But you want to, don’t you Sica unnie?” Minkyung teased.

 

Hara and Bora both gave the girl a thumbs up for her witty remark. They always rejoiced in the fun that teasing their unnie had to offer. Jessica, on the other hand, couldn’t help but smile at the craziness of her friends’ idea.

 

“I never said anything! Besides, I don’t even know her name.”

 

Looking at the direction of the blonde “doctor”, Tiffany joined in on their conversation, “I think her name is Taeyeon…I’ve seen her in my biology class before.”

 

Tiffany then turned back to face Jessica with a mischievous smirk, “Why? You want me to get her number for you?”

 

Jessica scoffed, “Whatever, I’m gonna go and get some more shots while you guys just stand here and make foolish remarks!”

 

The four girls laughed at Jessica’s frustrated behavior and followed behind her towards the kitchen.

 

Across the room in said kitchen, Taeyeon was with her friends again and she watched as Yuri and Sooyoung participated in a drinking game. Since the last time all five girls talked, the amount of alcohol they have been drinking nearly tripled! Their movements and speech were beginning to get somewhat sloppy and their inhibitions were practically down the toilet.

 

That is, except for Taeyeon.

 

She still stuck to her cup of soda and was the most sober out of all of them. Watching from the side, she could only shake her head at Yuri who was currently losing this round and had to drink four cups of alcohol. Taeyeon was so not looking forward to carrying the girl all the way back to their dorm room.

 

Releasing a sigh, she turned away from the game and looked around the room for something interesting to do. Her eyes, again, landed on the figure of her dream girl; the literal personification of Goddess. Taeyeon bit her bottom lip as her eyes scanned the girls’ heavenly body.

 

Since Jessica was turned back from Taeyeon, the first thing she noticed was her amazingly shaped , especially in that tight skirt she wore. She suddenly took deep breaths realizing how short her skirt actually was; the girls lace could be seen under them.

 

Glancing further down, Taeyeon clenched her teeth at the sight of Jessicas’ perfect thighs. So smooth and fair, Taeyeon was surprised she hasn’t pounced on the girl yet. The fishnet stockings she wore with her outfit only further enhanced her appeal, in Taeyeons opinion. She released another sigh at the thought that the girl would never be hers. She was too unreachable.

 

As Taeyeons eyes made their way up Jessicas’ body once again, she noticed the girl beside Jessica pointing her direction, right at her. Jumping into panic, Taeyeon quickly turned away, pretending as if she wasn’t just checking Jessica out.

 

Suddenly, she felt knuckles push against the back of her head. Turning around, she saw Sunny with a displeased expression on her face. Taeyeon rubbed the back of her head and asked the girl, “…What?”

 

Sunny crossed her arms and sighed, “And you wonder why people call you a byuntae…”

 

Realizing that she was caught staring, Taeyeon sheepishly smiled at the girl, “hehe, sorry”

 

After that, Taeyeon and Sunny continued to talk and sway to the distant music as they waited for the other girls to finish their game. Without warning, Taeyeon felt a body pounce on her from the back and throw their arms over her shoulders. She turned to look and saw a drunk Sooyoung. Following quickly behind was Yuri who was also extremely drunk being supported by Seohyun.

 

“OH MAH GAD TAEYEOOOON!” Sooyoung drunkenly shouted in the girls’ ear, “Th―This… this party is… amazin’” she started getting really close to Taeyeons face and poking the girls’ cheek in an uncomfortably close manner, “Dontcha think??”  

 

Taeyeon pushed the girl away from her body and laughed at her behavior, “Yeah Soo, so much fun.”

 

“Maaaan,” Yuri ruffled her hair in an annoyed way, “I c-can’t belieb I los’ tha’ game! Those guise are a buncha damn cheaters!” 

 

Sooyoung stumbled over to the girl and started rubbing her back as if consoling her, a concerned expression all over her face. Sunny could only snicker at her two friends’ drunk behavior. Sooyoungs face looked as though she was genuinely worried for Yuri’s “extreme” loss.

 

Seohyun may have had a few drinks, but she was still functional enough to think clearly, “Yuri unnie, Sooyoung unnie, I think you should stop drinking for tonight.”

 

Both drunk girls looked at the maknae with a dazed expression, as if what she said was the craziest thing ever.

 

“Whatareya talkin’ about, Seohyunnieeeee??” Sooyoung slurred, “Thas a crazy idear!”

 

“YEAH! MORE RUM!” Yuri shouted.

 

After the two drunk girls were finished jumping around and yelling out random things, Yuri spoke up again after hearing her favorite song come on.

 

“GUISE! I LUVV THIS SONG! Comeon lets go dansh!”

 

The girl grabbed Sooyoung by the shoulder and the two started dancing in the silliest way possible. Taeyeon could only shake her head as she walked backwards towards the living room, her friends following right behind. However, because she was walking backwards staring at her friends’ craziness, she bumped into someone that was also not looking where they were going.

 

“Oh I’m sor―” Taeyeons words were instantly caught in when she turned around and saw who she had bumped into. She stood there with mouth wide open and eyes bulging out of their sockets.

 

There, right in front of her, stood Jessica Jung. The girl had her eyebrow raised and a look of both amusement and curiosity upon seeing Taeyeons sudden shocked expression. Behind Jessica stood her four other friends, also looking at Taeyeon with amusement on their faces. 

 

“J-J-Jessica!” the short girl squeaked out, voice suddenly five pitches higher, “I-I’m…I’m s-sorry I b-bumped into you!” Taeyeon nervously laughed, “I can be such an i-idiot sometimes!” 

 

All this time, Jessica and the girls stared at Taeyeon with amused expressions on their faces, trying to stifle a laugh. She was a stuttering mess and it was rather entertaining for them to watch. For Jessica, she thought it was kind of cute how the girl was acting. She could obviously tell that the girl dressed as a doctor liked her by the way her cheeks were a bright red and how her body jittered.

 

As for Yuri and the others, they just stood behind Taeyeon, biting their nails in amusement. They awkwardly felt secondhand embarrassment from seeing her jumpy behavior. Taeyeon continued to babble.  

 

“A-Anyways! Y-Y-You look a-amazing t-tonight!” she brought her hand out to gesture at Jessica’s costume, “I mean, l-look at you! So y―”

 

Taeyeon immediately shook her head upon realizing what she just blurted out, “T-That’s not w-what I meant t-to say! I meant beautiful! You look really beautiful tonight!”

 

She continued to blabber on and on until she saw Jessica reach up and touch her upper arm. This caused Taeyeons’ breath to hitch; she felt shivers run down her back at the girls touch.

 

“It’s okay” Jessica warmly smiled at the shorter girl, “You don’t have to explain. It’s not that big of a deal.” 

 

Taeyeon didn’t say anything; she was speechless. The girl was too stunned by the fact that Jessica just held her arm to even utter a single word. There was a long pause where no one said anything until Taeyeon felt someone nudge her shoulder from behind.

 

“Yah!” Sooyoung yelled out loud, “Stop daydreaming will you? Your girlfriend is trying to talk to you!”

 

Taeyeons’ eyes immediately doubled in size upon hearing what Sooyoung just said out loud. She quickly turned around and elbowed the tall girl in the stomach, face red with embarrassment.

 

“She’s not my g-girlfriend, Soo!” Taeyeon bellowed.

 

Everyone snickered at the girls’ shy behavior. As for Jessica, she just smiled at the girl, finding it cute that she was acting all nervous. She could see the shorter girl bring her hand up to try and hide her blush but to no avail. All the girls could see right through it.

 

Suddenly, Jessica felt arms wrap around her waist in a back hug. She turned and saw that it was Tiffany. The girl rested her chin on Jessicas’ shoulder.

 

“You’re Taeyeon, right?” she questioned.

 

Jessica looked back at the girl named Taeyeon and saw that she swiveled her head back at them with a shocked expression.

 

“Y-You know my name?”

 

Tiffany began to giggle and Taeyeon could see her eyes suddenly turn into crescents, “Of course! Why is that so shocking?”

 

“N-Nothing…” Taeyeon muttered, “I just didn’t think you would know me.” 

 

“Nonsense! You’re in my biology class, silly.” Tiffany then turned to Jessica with an impish grin on her face, “Anyways, my friend Jessica here wanted me to ask for your number since she was too shy to!”

 

Immediately, Jessica gasped and elbowed the girl right in the stomach. Hara and the others began to laugh at Tiffany’s joke from behind the two girls.

 

“Tiffany! I so did not say that!” Jessica hollered. She turned to Taeyeon with an apologetic smile, “I’m sorry for her…she’s just joking around.”

 

Naturally, Taeyeon would be upset and disappointed at what Jessica said, but what she said after nearly brought Taeyeon over the edge.

 

Jessica looked down in a shy and embarrassed manner, “But I mean, I wouldn’t mind getting your number…”

 

For the nth time that night, Taeyeons’ eyes widened in astonishment. She couldn’t believe what she just heard; were her ears deceiving her?

 

Did Jessica Jung just say she wanted my number?!  

 

AM I DREAMING?!?

 

PLEASE TELL ME I’M NOT DREAMING!

 

Taeyeon quickly turned around to her friends and could see that they were equally shocked to hear what Jessica said. Once she turned back around, she saw that Jessica and the other girls were beginning to walk past them.

 

“Well, we’re gonna go get some more drinks,” Jessica announces as she was just a few steps away from Taeyeon. Once Jessica was right next to the girl, she turned and gave Taeyeon the iest smile ever, “I guess I’ll see you around,” leaning even closer to Taeyeon, Jessica was just a few centimeters away from the girls’ ear, “doctor.”

 

Taeyeon felt hot air fill her ears as Jessica spoke and it sent chills all throughout her body. She was beginning to feel hot from the close proximity between her and the girl of her dreams.

 

As Jessica and the other girls finally passed by them and entered the kitchen, Taeyeon stood rooted in her spot, still dazed from the events that just took place. Not even a second later, Yuri and the others surrounded Taeyeon with smiles on their faces.

 

“Oh my God, Taeyeon! I can’t believe what just happened!” Yuri cheered.

 

“Damn Taeng, you’re one lucky kid!” Sooyoung proudly remarked.

 

The girls continued to pat Taeyeon on the back and talk about what just happened with Jessica while Taeyeon just stood among them, lost in her thoughts. Her heart was beating like crazy and her breathing was rather heavy. Taeyeon thought to herself that she needed to do something before she dies from thinking about Jessica for another second.

 

“Guys!” Taeyeon shushed her friends, “Can we go do something? I think I might die from hyperventilating too much!”

 

The girls just laughed at Taeyeons statement and agreed with her suggestion.

 

“Sure, Taeng.” Sunny patted the girls head, “How ‘bout we go dance? Get all that excitement out of your system.”

 

“Good idea, Soonkyu. Distract myself…” Taeyeon mumbled to herself as they began to make their way to the living room turned dance floor.

 

Little did Taeyeon know, that encounter with Jessica Jung was just the beginning of one interesting night. 

 


Sorry this update took longer than usual guys! I've been a bit lazy lately...you guys know me...

But I found my motivation again & I was able to finish writing the rest of "Couple Costume" so anticipate that! 

Thanks again to my loyal subscribers for sticking with me & liking my stories.

Yours Truly,

INBHKTY