Couple Costume | Part I

The Book of Taengsic

“Taeyeon will you please just go with me?!”

 

“No, Yul, I don’t want to go!”

 

“It’s one party Taeyeon! I don’t wanna go alone,” the girl clasped her hands together in pleading, “please?”

 

“Will you stop whining like a little kid?” Taeyeon looked up at Yuri with an annoyed look, “besides, I have midterms to study for.”

 

Yuri’s shoulders noticeably shrugged. She looked back at Taeyeon with a frustrated expression. Taeyeon, on the other hand, was laying on her bed, textbooks and notebooks scattered all around her.

 

“You’re like the smartest person in this whole university! You don’t need to study!”

 

Taeyeon looked up at the other girl with an are-you-serious expression, “If I wanna become a doctor, Yuri, I need to pass these exams.”

 

“Just one night. Loosen up and enjoy one night, Taeyeon. Please?”

 

Taeyeon could see the pleading look in Yuri’s eyes. Don’t get her wrong, Taeyeon did want to go to this party. But she did not want to jeopardize her grades; especially since she’s in this university on scholarship.

 

“I’m sorry, Yul, but I really can’t.”

 

She looked back down at her notes and continued to review. Yuri sat down on the edge of her bed and looked at her in hopelessness. Feeling an added weight in front of her, Taeyeon looked up.

 

“How did you get invited to Donghae’s Halloween party anyways? He’s like the most popular guy in school and, not to mention, he lives in a frat house.”

 

Yuri’s face lit up. Taeyeon was showing some interest in the party. In her head, Yuri was thinking that she could use this to her advantage. She rested her hands behind her on the bed and leaned back, “Oh, well…” she turned to face Taeyeon who was looking back at her with curiosity, “you know how I’m on the co-ed swimming team with Minhyuk?”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head, looking back at her notes.

 

“Well apparently, Minhyuk is close friends with Donghae and they were having a conversation the other day and he told Minhyuk he was having a party and that he could invite anyone he wanted. So, Minhyuk decided to invite me and now I’m bringing you along!”

 

Yuri could be seen smiling at Taeyeon, hoping her explanation would persuade the girl. All she got was a nod of the head and an, “Oh…cool.”

 

Her smile faltered and she ruffled her hair in annoyance. Well I guess that won’t work, Yuri thought. A menacing smile slowly crept on her face as she stared at Taeyeon. Time for plan B.

 

Standing up from the bed, Yuri straightened her Mickey Mouse costume and walked over to the door of their dorm room, “Fine Taeyeon, you win,” she said as she opened the door preparing to leave, “you can stay here and study all night and I’ll just go to the party myself,” before she closed the door behind her, Taeyeon heard her say, “you know…I hear Jessica Jung is gonna be there.”

 

Taeyeons eyes widened at the statement. She was frozen in her spot, pen not moving from its current position. Unsure if what she heard was true, she turned to the door to ask Yuri but the girl was gone. Taeyeon quickly got up from her bed and yanked the door open. Peaking her head out, she saw Yuri walking towards the elevator.

 

“What did you say?” she called out.

 

Yuri stopped in her tracks and a mischievous smile found its way on her face once again. She slowly turned around and walked over to Taeyeon, an innocent smile hiding her true mischief.

 

“I said you can stay here and study all night.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “No, the part after that.”

 

“I said that I’ll just go to the party myself.”
 

Taeyeon groaned in annoyance and Yuri internally laughed at the look. Yuri actually did know what Taeyeon was talking about but she just loved to tease the girl. She gave Taeyeon a questioning look, “what part are you talking about, Taeyeon?”

 

The shorter girl fidgeted in her spot, hand tugging at the sleeve of her shirt, “Y-You know…y-you said something a-about J-Jessica Jung…” she stuttered.

 

Yuri snapped her fingers, pretending as if she finally got what Taeyeon was saying, “Oh right! I said that I heard Jessica Jung is going to be there.”  

 

For those who aren’t aware, Kim Taeyeon has the biggest crush on Jessica Jung. Being that both girls are from total opposite sides of the spectrum—Taeyeon a “study nerd” and Jessica a “popular girl”—She was always afraid to approach the blonde beauty. But she was ok with that. Taeyeon preferred to admire the girl from afar. If you were also not informed, Yuri, Taeyeons best friend, was no stranger to this fact.

 

Yuri looked at the shorter blonde in expectation, confident her trick would work this time. All she got in return, however, was silence. She could be seen mumbling incoherent words to herself, as if mentally contemplating whether or not to go. Growing a bit impatient,          Yuri audibly huffed and turned back around to leave.

 

“Well I guess I’ll be going now!” she waved her hand behind her, “have fun studying, Taeng!” 

 

With the pleasant desire of possibly seeing Jessica tonight growing each second, Taeyeons resolve slowly broke down. She bit her lower lip in distress. Yuri was getting farther and farther away and so were her chances of going to this party. Turning her head back to look at her books, Taeyeon ruffled her hair finally having made a decision.

 

“Yuri, wait.”

 

Again, Yuri stopped in her tracks and turned around to face the other girl. She knew she had Taeyeon in the palm of her hands now. Lifting an eyebrow, she asked the girl, “Yes Taeyeon?”

 

The latter looked around in uneasiness, clearing in the process. There was a pause in her speech until she took a deep breath to finally speak, “Just one party, right?”

 

Without even a second passing, Taeyeon felt a body crash into hers in a tight hug, “Thank you, Taeyeon!” Yuri pulled away, both hands firmly on each shoulder of the girl, “I promise, you won’t regret going to this party!”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but laugh at the expression on the tan girls face. A smile spread from ear to ear, one could practically feel the amount of mirth radiating from her very being.

 

In the next instance, both girls found themselves in the confines of their dorm once again. Taeyeon sat on her bed, bottom lip protruding as she twiddled her fingers about. Yuri, however, was pacing the room.

 

“So…” Taeyeon began, “what am I gonna wear anyways? It is a Halloween party and I didn’t really plan much.”

 

Yuri turned to the girl, index finger tapping her chin, “Well let’s see…” she scanned the room for any ideas as to what impromptu costume she could come up with. Unexpectedly, her eyes landed on Taeyeons closet. In it, she could see five pairs of blue doctors’ scrubs and a white lab coat to match.

 

Bells were ringing in Yuri’s head at the sight.

 

Throughout this whole time, Taeyeon was staring at Yuri in anticipation. She saw her expression go from deep thought to a smiling maniac.

 

“Uhh…Yuri?” Taeyeon’s eyebrows furrowed, “are you ok?”

 

Hearing another voice brought the taller girl out of her thoughts. She turned in excitement, “I know what you’re gonna dress up as.”

 


So this is a mult-shot I've been working on and I actually didn't expect this story to get as long as it did. LOL 

But I hope you enjoy this story and comment down below! I like hearing from you guys 

Also, since I've made my return to AFF, I've gotten a lot more subscribers! So I just wanted to say hi to all my new readers and thanks to all of you for supporting me TTuTT