Voicemail

The Book of Taengsic

Another sad one :'( 


 

Ring! Ring!

.

.

.

Ring! Ring!

.

.

.

Ring! Ring!

.

.

.

Ring! Ring!

 

-CUT-

 

Hey, it’s Taeyeon! Sorry I couldn’t get to the phone right now but if you leave a message, I’ll make sure to get back to you. Thanks!

 

 

Uhhh…hey. It’s me, Jessica…again.

You’ve probably gotten my other messages already and, knowing you, you’re getting pretty annoyed with them by now….sorry about that.

Well, I was just calling to ask how you are and if everything’s alright. It’s been a while since I last saw you; or even talked to you in person.

What am I saying? Hehe, you’re probably doing great. Tiffany’s told me about how you got your music business started and how you already have so many musicians signing up with you!

I’m proud of you. I know how you’ve been working so hard on that for so many years, stressing yourself out. It’s good to see that life is finally working out for you.

 

Pause.

 

…Taeyeon.

 

Long silence.

 

*Sniffles* I miss you.

I miss you so much, Taeyeon. I miss being able to lay beside you every night. I miss seeing your face every morning when I wake up. I miss us.

I just…I feel so…empty without you.

I haven’t even heard from you in months! I try to reach you and I try to see if you’re doing alright…

…but it’s like you’re pushing me away. Like I meant nothing to you.

 

Long silence.

 

I know you told me not to cry when you were gone. But the feeling’s overwhelming, it’s just too strong that I can’t hold it in anymore

I’ve cried every night since you left, wondering what I did wrong to drive you away from me. If I said something to you that hurt you…

 

*Voice shaking* T-Taeyeon, p-please tell me! Tell me what…what I did wrong a-and I’ll fix it! I’ll fix whatever it was that drove you away!

*Crying* J-Just…p-please come back to me…please come back.

I promise I’ll be a better girlfriend. I’ll treat you better. I’ll take care of you when you’re sick. I’ll be by your side when you’re feeling lonely.

…just don’t leave me anymore…please.

 

Long pause.

 

Taeyeon, why?

Why did you leave?

Our relationship was perfectly fine. We were both happy and I know we loved each other so much! I remember seeing you smile every time we were together. You told me that we were meant to be…that you would never leave me.

…but I guess that’s just wishful thinking.

 

*Sigh* You know what the worst part about all this is?

…I never got a reason why you left….one day you were just gone.

You left me. *Pitiful laugh* You left me all alone without the slightest clue as to why you had to go. You’ve moved on with your life and I’m left here, trying to cope with the pain I feel. Trying to figure out what made you leave in the first place.

 

Pause.

 

If you get this message…please contact me. I just want to hear your voice again…

 

…I love you, Taeyeon.

 

*End Call*

 

 

 

 

-END-