Thanks

Waiting for Our Tomorrow

When they got home Hyunae immediately headed toward the downstairs like she usually would.  Pausing as she was about to reach the stairs, she turned around to face Eunhyuk who was making his way into the kitchen.

“Eunhyuk-shi!” She called out

He turned around at the sound of her voice. She looked down biting her lip as if regretting calling out to him.

“Hm?” He answered to encourage her to say what she wanted to say.

“Um. Today was nice. Being able to talk to you and all for the first time. Thanks, you know, for not shutting me out..”

She scurried down the stairs too scared to see his reaction. Whats gone on the past two days have been a rare occasion for her and she didn’t want to push her limits. She wanted to leave the house on a good note. With that she grabbed a change of clothes and took a long hot shower. Eunhyuk shook his head and chuckled when she ran off like a 5 year old. He had to admit that spending time with her wasn’t as bad as he’s made it out to be all these years. For the few moments where they just talked , it was like they had both forgotten about the past that separates them.  He had actually appreciated her company in that short time.

If only we could just forget.

It was hard for him to realize how little he actually knew about her. He knew she took pictures, but was completely oblivious to how much passion and knowledge she had about it. The more he thought about it, the more it bothered him that he really didn’t know much about her. Sure he knew all the things she did. She lived with them after all. But he had no idea what her interests, likes, dislikes, etc. were. He felt kind of ashamed considering she knew almost everything about him. Hyunae had been very observant to Eunhyuk and his mothers personalities and likings. She was able to accommodate everything according their liking from certain ways things should be put away to what flavor cakes to buy during celebrations. None of this would have bothered him before…so why is it irritating him so much now? He used to hate her all the more for trying to be “little miss perfect”, always accommodating to their taste. He saw it as a façade, her way of up for forgiveness. He leaned his elbows on the table supporting his chin with one hand, he could figure out what it was that is making him have a change of feeling toward Hyunae.

Is it because I know she’ll finally be out of my life in a week?

He sighed losing himself in his thoughts.

Hyunae was downstairs getting a head start on packing. She was packing up random belongings and placing them in moving boxes. She teared up as she came across old family photos as well as her old stuffed animals she still saved from her childhood. She kissed the old stuffed bear in her hands and placed it carefully in the box.

Umma, Appa, I’m finally heading out on my own. Are you proud of me? I’m doing the right thing right?...I miss you so much…I need you.

 

Sorry guys, short chapter! Another one will be on its way soon though (: