The answer to stopping time...

Waiting for Our Tomorrow

When I'm lost, in the rain...In your eyes I know, i'll find the light, to find my way. When I'm down, your there pushing me to the top.

 

Hyunae got permission to leave early when her manager noticed that her face was a little pale and her injured hand was making it difficult for her to carry out certain tasks. Feeling apologetic she left hesitantly as her manager willingly took over her job for the last few hours. Not wanting to go home just yet, she decided to head to the park across the street. The chill of the evening made her shiver, rubbing her arms to keep warm. She grabbed her camera out of her camera bag, not wanting to miss the opportunity to capture great lighting just as the sun was beginning to set. She took pictures of random things like the cars whizzing by, the colorful leaves on the trees, etc. Walking onto the perimeter of the park. She spotted a boy sitting on the bench she usually sat on to collect her thoughts. The sun was setting right behind him, defining his sharp looking profile, casting perfect lighting as his eyes were fixed right in front of him. It didnt take her long to realize that she was looking at Eunhyuk.  Without thinking Hyunae took a step closer and took a snapshot not wanting to miss her chance for a great picture for her portfolio. She observed the picture as it popped up on her screen and realization hit her that she probably just looked like a creepy stalker taking photos of strangers. Oh well she thought, it's all for the sake of good photography. She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard someone clear their throat. She looked up to see Eunhyuk looking at her inquisitively. She gulped, wishing she was invisible.

I wonder if he saw me do that...

"Didn't you say you had work?" Eunhyuk asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Hyunae nodded without saying a word,

"They let me off early, I couldn't be very productive."

His eyes shot to her hand instinctively once she said the last part. He noticed her bandage was a little worn and tattered with a few rips, obviously having no use in aiding her anymore. She self-conciously tried to pull the sleeve of her shirt down to try to cover up her hand when she saw him observing it.

"I-.."

"Whatever." He looked away convincing himself that he didnt care. She stood there awkwardly, fiddling with her camera. Her eyes roamed ahead of her staring off into the horizon. The sun was a few minutes away from setting completely and the colors in the sky were breathtaking. Warm shades of purple, pink, orange, and yellow illuminated the atmosphere paving way for a clear night. She brought her camera up and took a few snapshots of the scenery. She felt Eunhyuks eyes burning a whole through her once again which made her shiver, but when she looked back at him, his eyes showed something different. Not the usual hatred...but curiosity.. She smiled slightly removing the camera strap from her neck, and walked toward him.

"Here, wanna give it a try?" He looked away rubbing his hands together.

"How hard could it be, taking a few pictures.." She proceeded walking up to him

"Here then, give it a go" She said encouragingly. He hesitantly took the camera and stood up walking around to find something that interested him. He saw an old soccer ball laying near a tree that must've been left by a family earlier and decided that that was his object of interest. Walking over to it with Hyunae following a moderate distance behind, he centered the soccer ball into focus and snapped a picture of it. When he viewed the picture, he smiled a bit in satisfaction as it didnt turn out too bad. It was kind of plain, but pretty clear none-the-less. Hyunae peaked over his shoulder examining the photo.

"Not bad..." she inquired

He chuckled realizing he had been holding his breath waiting for her reaction.

"Not bad? So...not good?" He asked looking at her. Noticing she was standing closer than she thought to him she took a few steps back.

"I didn't say that, its really not bad" She said thoughtfully.

"Its an inanimate object, how much better of a picture can you possibly get from it? It's not like you can ask it to change emotions?" He said, a little annoyed at how easily he could read that she was unimpressed.

"You're absolutely right Eunhyuk-shi.." She began as she carefully took the camera from his hands, "You can't possibly expect inanimate objects to exude any type of emotion. That's why its your job, as the person behind the camera to create an emotion through your methods of photography. Every picture...has a purpose or thought behind it"

She kicked the ball a little, positioning it closer to the tree nearby.

"In your picture, you centered the ball, which is great, but for more dynamics, it's more interesting when you set the focal point off center in order to create more of an artistic feel. Since the sun is casting a shadow on both the tree and ball, the lighting would benefit you the most if you were facing the same way the sun was pointing in order to avoid glare."

She knelt down on one knee, crouching over with her camera in order to focus.

"If you shoot from a lower angle, even though your focal point is off center, it will still be the first thing to catch your eye  as its surroundings will blur out a bit."

 

She snapped the picture and walked over to show it to Eunhyuk who observed her every action, the picture turned out way more interesting than his. You could see more bold detail in the soccer ball that was seen on the lower left hand corner. While the dim sunlight spotlighted it, you could see traces of the surrounding nature around it. She angled it so that your eyes were draw toward the soccer ball and the tree, but she also managed to capture the detail of the city life of buildings starting to light up in the background.

"You can get plenty of emotion from an ordinary picture, it just depends on what you want to express or feel from what you're seeing. I'm guessing the kid that left that ball here has been through a lot with it considering its all worn out and tattered. There's probably a lot of unknown adventures and stories behind the history of this abandoned ball. Capturing it in a vast open space like this can express the loneliness and emptiness you can feel when you lose something so precious to you."

Her voice got quieter as she said the last part of her sentence. Eunhyuk looked up  to see her staring sadly at the photo she'd just taken.

"You said every picture can have plenty of emotion..." he began, "depending on what you want to express or feel from what you are seeing.." She nodded, not understanding where he was going with the repitition of her words.

"So...what were you trying to express or feeling when you took a photo of me earlier..?" He asked hesitantly. Her eyes shifted to his, not expecting his inquirey. Looking back down she placed her camera back in her camera bag. She began to walk away slowly

"Its getting late, we should head back, you're still sick..."

She tried to change the subject. She walked away too scared of what she would see in his eyes if she looked back. She felt his hand suddenly grab her arm as he pulled her to turn around to face her. His hands firmly gripping her arm as his eyes stared intently into hers.

"Don't contradict your words. Tell me Hyun..."

She was shocked to hear him call her that. He used to call her that all the time when they were little. She turned her gaze to her arm being held by his. His gaze followed her and he slowly let go of her, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"I...I wanted to capture the Eunhyuk that I never get to see anymore. Although I can try my best to remember that guy, time eventually blurs my ability to remember vividly. Photo's are the answer to stopping time...and at that moment in time, the way the light hit you, the way the sun was setting behind you, was a perfect moment. I wanted to stop time right there, to capture the moment I could see something other than hatred in your eyes. Where I could see a gentleness and calmness in you. I wanted to keep the moment...so when I'm lonely, or for the next time you get angry at me...I can look at that picture, and remind myself that the warm side of you is still there. That you are also just as lonely as I am. This way...I can never hate you..no matter how much you hurt me."

 

 

Second post! Sorry for not being able to get on this every day.  Let me know what you think! Sorry if its kind of y haha.