Granting you happiness

Waiting for Our Tomorrow

 

Hyunae held one of her arms and stared at the ground awkwardly after her explaination. Eunhyuk was really at a loss for words this time.

Is it even possible to have that much kindness in one broken soul?

Yet he pressed on,

"Does the existence of that guy matter that much to you?"

"Yes" She answered without hesitating

"You...and auntie are my only and my strongest reminders that everything was once real. That happiness isn't a mystical power only seen in fairy-tales. And because of that, Is the one reason that has kept me around for all these years."

She sighed and began walking toward a hill, sitting down with her knees hugging to her chest. Closing her eyes she felt Eunhyuk sit down next to her. They both stared off at the moon and the stars, feeling the occasional breeze of the still night.

"Even as a young child. I understood and brought all of the responsibilities upon myself that night. There was no convincing me that it wasn't my fault. Everyone tells me that it was one of those 'wrong place at the wrong times' moments...but I was the reason. With all the guilt ridden in my heart then and till this day, you'd think naturally that I'd want to get as far away as possible from you both. The only way the three of us could have freedom, is to seperate and forget.  I've come close so many times, but in the end I always turned back. Years past and I couldn't use the excuse that I was just a child anymore for the reason why I stayed. For years now I've been more than capable for fending for myself. But I was selfish...Eunhyuk..I'm the most selfish person in this world. Because I didn't want to leave my only past behind, because I didn't want to risk forgetting the happiness I once felt...because I didn't have the strength to walk away, i've remained an unwelcomed presence in your life."

Silence filled the air as the stillness of the night trapped them both deep in their thoughts.

"...Not for long though, Eunhyuk-shi.."

He looked at her confused,

"What do you mean not for long?"

She half smiled. Her eyes never looking sadder as she looked at him for a brief moment.

"I'm done..I'm done being selfish. I'm leaving the day before auntie gets back. There's a studio above the restaurant that has been vacant for awhile. The boss has noticed me eye-ing it for quite some time now. He's offered it to me with a price I'm more than capable of affording with the money i've worked for. Now that I'm 18, I'm allowed full access to the funds that accumulated after my parents death. I don't plan on using any of it unless of emergency, but my point is, there's nothing holding me back now. We're graduating in a couple months..it's my perfect opportunity to finally fulfill your wish and grant you your happiness."

He felt himself tense as he tried to register everything going on. Although he had said to her many times that her leaving would finally grant him his happiness...he never thought the day would actually come. Even more-so, he never thought that he'd feel this way when hearing the news.

"You can't just pick up and leave without any warning.."  He said quitely. Her head shot up,

"Isn't this what you want..?" He didn't really know how to answer her now.

"I meant it for my mom. She'd be heartbroken.... You know how attached she is to you...I'll have to deal with that backlash while you're out starting a new life?"

She shook her head slightly looking up at the moon.

"I already wrote your mom a long letter, explaining everything to her. We all knew this day had to come. She and I...have had many talks about it. She told me that when I was ready, she'd support me 100%. Theres no better timing than this. It hurts my heart too. More than you can think. The thought of leaving it behind is still unbearable. I'll be just as heartbroken leaving her.."

And you...

"I know you worry a lot about your mom. Don't worry, I'll send her letters and visit a lot. I wont be living that far away. If you guys ever miss my cooking or need my help, I'll be there in a heartbeat." She said trying to sound cheerful.

"I know..." he whispered. Eunhyuk had to admit that he's grown dependent on her throughout the years. He suddenly felt the urge to explain himself to her.

"Hyunae I...I mean...its not that I want to hate you. My heart just wont allow anything else. It'd become numb. Because hatred, is one of my most vivid feelings now...and I can't control who it chooses anymore."

"I understand Eunhyuk. One day, something or someone will open up your heart, and allow you to love again. One day the resentment and hate bottled up inside of you will be released, and you'll be free to pursue your happiness. That day...will be the happiest day I think." She said sincerely.

She looked at her watch and was surprised to see how late it was getting. She took the initiative to get up first.

"We should get going, you're still sick and its getting late." He got up and followed her without a word. Silence emersed the two as they began their journey home. He noticed Hyunae shiver as she rubbed her arms to keep warm. About to take his sweatshirt off and lend it to her, he stopped himself.

I want to give you a chance Hyunae. Just give me time..give me time to mend my broken heart and fight away my hatred for you.

 

Mainly a filler chapter. The interactions and thoughts seen with Hyunae and Eunhyuk at this point of this story is nothing more than just caring for eachother secretly and wanting to be friends. There aren't any romantic feelings just quite yet, just thought i'd clear that up. Comments/Subscribers would be sooo much appreciated!