Chapter 12

Waiting for Our Tomorrow

Eunhyuk woke up Sunday morning lying down, facing the wall with Hyunae still nestled in his arms. He looked down to see her still in deep sleep. Only when he saw her hand resting gently on his chest did he realize how closely he was holding her. He could smell the scent of shampoo from her hair. She stirred a little bit, trying to snuggle closer to him. He brought her closer with one arm, while pulling a blanket over them with the other. Glancing outside the window he noticed it was almost pitch black still. The storm clouds seemed to still be ominously hovering over the sky. It was sprinkling lightly now, and the winds have calmed a bit. It must’ve only been around 5 am or so seeing as if the sun had not even made an attempt to peak through yet. He glanced down at Hyunae who was nuzzled perfectly beneath his chin in the crook of his neck. Surprisingly, he didn’t dislike the feeling of holding her close. Even more so, he had a yearning deep down to stay the way they were for as long as possible. He couldn’t help but notice her face still as pale as it was yesterday.  Her temperature was for sure high as he could see traces of beads of sweat on her forehead. Guilt washed over him and he cursed himself for being the reason she was probably getting sick. She looked so frail and weak at that moment that no one would ever believe the strong façade Hyunae put up every day. He contemplated getting up to take care of her so her fever would go down, but hesitantly decided against it since he didn’t want to wake her up.

She probably hasn’t slept well this whole week…come to think of it; it’s probably been so long since she’s been able to have a real goodnight sleep.

He reached out to pull the blanket up further.

I’ll let her sleep longer, rest helps getting rid of fevers too.

Eunhyuk shifted a bit in his position closing his eyes again with a deep sigh.

About 2 hour s later, Hyunae’s eyes fluttered open, not remembering much of what had happened last night. Her head felt heavy and her sinuses were congested. Breathing seemed like a difficult task as she groggily regained her senses. She tried to get up only to find herself unmoving. Looking up she finally realized that Eunhyuk was holding on to her tightly. She immediately put her head back down when she saw him stir a bit. To her dismay, her head landed back on his chest, not the bed. Eunhyuk woke up once again and stretched one of his arms. He took a peak down at Hyunae while grazing a hand across her  warm forehead.

Fever’s still there…better make her eat something first.

With that he carefully unraveled his arms from Hyunae’s body and lifted her to position her more comfortably on the bed. With one arm under her knees, and the other hand under her neck, he gently placed her head on the pillow. Pulling one of the covers over her, he swept her long hair from beneath her and brought it to one side so it lay on one of her shoulders.

When Hyunae was sure that Eunhyuk was gone, she opened her eyes slowly. Staring up at the ceiling she tried to process what just happened and also what had happened last night. She glanced to her side to see Eunhyuk’s ipod still lying there on the bed.

I wasn’t dreaming…he really protected me all night.

A slight smile crept on her face. She was grateful for his actions and would save these memories in a very special place in her heart in case this was the only time she’d be able to experience his care. She sat up in bed and immediately regretted it as her head spun a million miles an hour. She felt nauseated and weak. Her eyes shut tight as she grabbed on to the side of her head. She was trying to take slow deep breaths, but she could feel the blood flushing from her face. Her senses started to weaken as her vision blurred and she broke out into a cold sweat. Her body wasn’t responding to her desperate attempts to stay conscious. She regretted not taking better care of herself. She’s gotten sick before, but never this bad. It was to the point where she felt so weak it was as if she was paralyzed. She felt two hands grip her shoulders and shake her a bit.

“Hyunae…Hyunae can you hear me? What’s wrong? Answer me, come on…” Eunhyuk said gently.

She tried her best to reply normally, but it came out like a 5 year old who was about to cry

“I-I don’t feel so good…”

He chuckled at her obvious statement

“Don’t laugh at me! I seriously fee-...” she groaned and pouted with her hands still clutching her head. Still semi chuckling he responded,

“Arasso, arasso! Here, eat some porridge first and take some medicine, then if you still feel this way we’ll go to the hospital.”

She shook her head. She didn’t want to eat, she just wanted to sit there until her body calmed down. He was a bit taken it back. Hyunae had never dared act stubborn around him and his mom, this was definitely a different side of her that was rarely seen. Not to say he was angered by it, at least it gave her personality some dimension.

 

 

SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER! I hope you all understand, school is crazy for me right now! I have more of the story written so don't worry, you wont have to wait as long for the next one. To my subbers and silent readers, thank you guys! As always comments are appreciated!