Chapter 10

Waiting for Our Tomorrow

Umma, Appa, I’m finally heading out on my own. Are you proud of me? I’m doing the right thing right?...I miss you so much…I need you.

Tears flowed down her face, but she refused to cry. She had to be even more strong from now on. She continued to pack until she felt her stomach growl angrily. Her hand went up to clutch her stomach remembering that she hadn’t had time to eat all day. She made her way upstairs feeling a little weak as her fatigue and hunger started to hit her all at once.  With everything that’s been going on lately after that day in the rain, not sleeping, and taking care of Eunhyuk, it’ll only be a matter of time until she gets sick too. She groaned at the thought, the last thing she needed right now was to be sick and bed ridden. Making her way to the kitchen, she was startled to see Eunhyuk still sitting at the table.

“You’re still up?” She asked grabbing a ramen package.

“Yeah, lots on my mind I guess.” He answered noticing her injured hand didn’t have the bandage on it  anymore. He noticed her hair was a little damp and was down from her usual pony tail.

She must’ve taken it off when she showered

She finished making her ramen and dished herself some in a bowl. She stood leaning on the countertop sipping her ramen, enjoying the instant warmth and satisfaction it brought to her body. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Eunhyuk’s voice.

“You can sit down you know...”

She looked up with a ramen noodle still in , sipping it up quickly she made her way to the table. Eunhyuk couldn’t help but observe how she had dark circles starting to form under her eyes. Her face was also paler and she looked weaker compared to a few days ago. His eyes shifted to her hand. Her wounds had turned into a dark purplish red shade by now, but the burn marks obviously looked painful and would probably scar if she didn’t properly take care of it. Apart from the burn, he noticed that her hand seemed bruised and a little swollen. She looked like she had difficulty using it for even the smallest tasks. A flashback went through his head as he remembered the day in the class room when Eunmi nearly crushed Hyunae’s hand.

Eunmi probably ended up spraining her hand with the impact of her weight.

His mind went back to the incident to when Hyunae yanked her hand from underneath Eunmi’s foot.

Well…that certainly couldn’t have felt good…aish…stupid pabo!

 

 As Hyunae got up for her second serving of the ramen she made, Eunhyuk went to get the first aid kit. Before she could dig into her second serving, she flinched as Eunhyuk grabbed her wrist examining her wounds before he started applying medicine on them. Hyunae who was too shocked to say anything or react to his sudden gesture, merely sat there staring at his concentrated face as he rubbed medicine on her hand, blowing on it slightly to ease the stinging. She hid her pain whenever the chemicals hit her burns, but he still seemed to be able to sense it whenever it would sting more. No words were exchanged as he focused on tending to Hyunae’s wound. A small smile crept on her face at the way he was cradling her small hand in his ever so gently, being careful not to injure her sprain any further. To be honest she hadn’t even noticed how much pain her hand had been in these past few days.  As if reading her mind Eunhyuk finally broke the silence,

“How the hell did you not notice any pain when your hand is so badly burnt AND sprained?”

He looked up at her for a second, waiting to hear her explanation.

She laughed a bit,

“The magic of aspirin I guess?”

She said as she shrugged her shoulders. She noticed a slight smile on his face as he went back to wrapping her hand. It faded when he realized she was staring at him.  

“Don’t think anything of this…it doesn’t change how I feel about you,” he said coldly.

 

 

Hey guys sorry its taken me so long to update. Schools been crazy lately! More to come I promise!

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!

On another note, I can't help but notice that there's a fic out there that has striking resemblence to mine. The overall outline, main characters, start of the plot and everything. I know its inevitable to have similar stories, but I worked really hard and kind of take pride in the individuality my story has. And the similarity I saw in this other fic is not coincidental. It just kind of upsets me to see my storyline being used elsewhere.. but if you know  who you are, please reconsider using my plot, its like stealing my individuality and it REALLY discourages me from continuing this story if someone else is just going to do it. Its flattering that people like the story i've come up with, but i can't help but be bothered by seeing it being copied. Even with the same characters.

With that said, thanks for my subbers so far, you guys are all amazing!