Busted

Living or Loving

The next day Key woke up early and reported to HQ. He took the first shift in patrolling the outside, and the the inside of the dorm. He made everything as quickly as he could and by 2:30 he called it a day. He took his neon bike and rushed all the way to the house.

"Great" he muttered when he saw a traffic jam up ahead. Key smirked as he thought about doing one of his favorite things, free fall. The boy turned off the grounding system of his bike, the vehicle falling right through the neon particles. Before he could fall into the hard floor that was miles away, he turned the grounding system on again, falling on the road that was right below.

"ers" he said rushing his way through the completely empty road. He took a little longer than what he had planed, having to take an alternative route and getting back to the one that would lead to his house. But it still took him way less than if he had stayed on that blocked road.

Key reached his home and took the quickest bath he could. He put a light green shirt and a jacket on top, he placed his trusty beanie on his head and stormed out, having a small fight with his shoes on his way out. He hid in an alley close to Onew's house.

"Just in time buddy" he muttered under his breath, stepping back so that he wouldn't get noticed. When he stepped back, Onew passed by the alley.

Key had been waiting for his friend, keeping a close eye to him since the morning. By the time that Key had reached the alley after work, Onew was already placing the lock on the door of his house. The boy poked his head out of the alley, watching his older friend pull the hood of the jacket that he was wearing up. 

When Onew had a decent head start, Key allowed himself to walk out of the alley, pulling the hood of his own jacket on. He followed the older quietly, hurrying a little his pace every time that the other got mixed with the crowds. He also had to be careful every time that the other turned around to check if he was being followed.

Key grinned every time that the other did any of those careful actions, because that only helped to confirm his thoughts about the other hiding something even more. 

"Where the hell are you going man?" Key muttered when he saw Onew take a sharp turn and enter what Key believed that was an alley with a dead end. He gulped loudly at the thought of being caught by the other, only to sigh quietly when he saw the other moving away some wooden planks.

His eyes widened when he saw his childhood friend pulling a brick that was uneven to the others, revealing a secret passage on the floor.

"Looks like you too know a few tricks of this city" Key said, following the other a minute later, just to give him a safe head start. 

The tunnel was pitch black, making it difficult for Key at first. His eyes adjusted to the dark just in time to see the other starting to fasten his pace until it was a jog. Key did the same, using the echo of the tunnel to cover up the sound of his footsteps. Onew came to a sudden halt, causing Key to stop in his track as fast as possible. Onew outstretched a hand and pressed it to what looked like a wall.

A loud rumbling filled the tunnel, bright light sipping through the new form edges of the wall. Brick by brick the wall drew apart from the rest of the tunnel, until a gap big enough for a human was made. Onew crossed the gap and as soon as the boy was completely out, the gap started to close.

Without even thinking about it, Key darted for the exit. When he was near the space he jumped, his body squeezing swiftly through the gap and tackling Onew by accident.

The older's first reaction was defend himself, throwing a blind punch that was met by air. Key rolled off from the older, his hood hiding his face even more. Onew rolled over and launched his body forward, tackling and pinning Key to the ground. Key pressed his hands against the other's chest and pulled him out, making a backflip to stand up.

"Onew it's me!" Key yelled holding his hands up in the air in surrender. Onew fisted the hood that covered Key's face and pulled it back forcefully, revealing Key's face. Onew pulled back his hood and was about to scold his friend when loud snarls filled the air. Both boys widened their eyes, each recognizing the sources of them.

At the same time both boys turned around and pressed back to back, extending their arms in a human shield. Onew faced a black massive wolf, with it's lips pulled back exposing sharp fangs and the fur bristled. Key faced a similar scene, a smaller light brown wolf emitting enraged snarls.

Recognizing the animal, Key lowered his arms and walked closer to it, throwing his caution out of the window. He gave a few steps, the animal perking it's ears up and showing that he recognized Key, sparing a glance at him. The wolf looked back up front, not wanting to lower his guard, allowing Key to walk up to him. 

When Key was next to the mutant, he slowly wrapped his arms around the wolf's neck and ran a hand over his head. Key looked back to his friend, Onew staring at him with wide eyes. Key also noticed that the other wolf had calmed down, but it still had his gaze fixated on him.

"He's friendly" Key muttered in the wolves ear, the snarls slowly dying down and being replaced by a content rumble because of Key's petting. Onew looked at Key with mouth slightly agape. The older was pulled out of his trance when the larger black wold nudged at his hand with its nose. Key raised an eyebrow at his friend and a knowing smile filled his face.

The sound of snapping bones by his side made Key look at the mutant who was shifting right next to him. Key quickly looked the other way when all the fur started to disappear and Taemin's smooth skin started to show. He looked over at Onew, who was also looking away from the boy and having a similar thing happening next to him with the other wolf. They both heard footsteps walking a way and after a few minutes walking back to the.

"What's wrong with you hyung?!" Taemin's voice sounded in the air, the angered question being directed at the boy who came from a few bushes that were behind Onew. Key recognized the black hair and strong jawline from almost two nights ago, this was Taemin's brother. 

"What's wrong with me?! I didn't do anything! That human attacked Jinki!" Taemin's brother, Jonghyun if Key remembered right, defended.

"That Human happens to be Kibum! The human that I told you about, and anyone could see from miles away that Kibum just fell on top of him when he got out of the tunnel!!" Taemin yelled, standing in between his brother and Key as a barrier. Key placed a hand on Taemin's shoulder, the boy looking back at him with concerned eyes.

"I think we need some explaining to do Onew" Key told his childhood friend, seeing as how Onew was fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. Onew nodded and walked closer to Key, a strong hand stopping him. Onew looked back to see Jonghyun's worried gaze.

"It's ok jjong, Kibum is my oldest friend, and also my closest one" Onew assured the other mutant, Jonghyun casting a furtive look over to Key before letting go of Onew.

The small group walked all the way to the beach that Key had seen before, the mutants striping their clothes and shifting back to their animal form when they got there. Key watched as Jonghyun laid down and allowed Onew to sit and use his side to rest his back comfortably, a content look obvious in the beast's face. 

A small nudge to his side made Key look back at Taemin's brown wolf. Taemin slowly laid down and looked at Key expectantly.

"You want me to sit by your side?" Key asked looking at the wolf that was now laying on the floor. The wolf made a little nod and lowered his head, still looking at Key with large eyes. Key smiled and sat down, slowly pressing his back lightly against the wolf's side. A content rumble sounded in Taemin's chest, eyes closing while he enjoyed the warmth that came from Key's body.

Key felt himself relax, an overwhelming feeling of safety washing over him. He enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, and feeling of the strong and steady beating of Taemin's heart. The fresh air caressed his face and refreshed his being. 

The boy decided to look at his side, catching Onew with his eyes closed and a small content smile playing on his lips while he enjoyed the breeze.

"So Onew, when were you planing on telling me" Key asked, seeing as the other suddenly stiffened. He knew that Onew didn't want to speak, but he needed an explanation, especially after all the scolding a lectures about how one shouldn't leave the dome and meddle with the mutants. Key looked expectantly at his friend, the other sighing and turning a little to face him.

"I-I'm sorry Key, I know I shouldn't have lied... But this life is dangerous and I wanted to keep you safe, remember that you are family to me" Onew explained looking at Key in the eyes. Jonghyun made something like a hum, agreeing with what Onew was saying.

"Oh come on, I go out of the dome for every mission and I'm still alive right. Plus I have Taemin now" Key affirmed, running a hand through the mutant's fur. Taemin perked his head up and huffed, pressing his head to Key's. Key chuckled and lightly pushed the wolf down, running his hands through his fur, and petting his head.

"I'm not talking about the other mutants or any other danger outside Key... Just be careful, and don't get caught ok" Onew said standing up and dusting his pants off. Jonghyun stood up behind Onew and they both walked back in the direction of the plains. 

Key just snorted and looked back at the sea.

"Like I would get caught, please... Do you think I could get caught!" Key asked turning to face Taemin. The wolf just made something that looked a lot like a shrug and closed his eyes. 

"Gee thanks for the encouraging gesture" Key grumbled, crossing his hands and sulking next to the beast. Taemin huffed and raised his head once again, Key's cheek affectionately.

"Eew, don't do that, a simple nudge or any other thing would have worked" Key scolded, cleaning his face with his forearm. Key hugged hi knees to his chest trying to think about what could have meant that warning. 

He got so caught up in his thoughts, that he didn't noticed the movement behind him.

Behind the older, Taemin had stood up and walked a few steps directly behind Key. Taemin wanted to do whatever he could to cheer up his Key. Well technically not his yet, but he had already grown attached to the boy. 

Taemin stood there staring at Keys back, thinking of possible things that he could do. During those seconds and maybe minutes, that he stared at Key's back, he felt like he had seen the boy from this angle before; but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't quite place when or where it had been. During his wondering, a great idea popped into his mind, but he had to get Key's attention first.

The young wolf made something like a wolfy grin and gave quite steps closer to Key. When he was just inches away from the boy he stopped. The wolf took a hold of Key's hood with light teeth, the other not even noticing. With a quick move, Taemin pulled the hold over Key's head successfully pulling him out of his trance. Taemin dashed away from Key and stood far away, shifting to his human form and getting dressed.

Key pulled his hood away from his face, glaring at Taemin who only answered by throwing himself on the floor while laughing like a maniac.

"I don't see what's so funny Taemin!" Key yelled at Taemin. Taemin tried to recompose himself and sat up, looking at Key while drying the tears that had escaped because of so much laughter.

"It is when you're this grumpy Key" Taemin pointed out, earning a pout from Key. When the young mutant saw that pout, his heart instantly melted. Taemin had read in a few book that were left abandoned in the cities, books about fiction and romance, that everyone has soulmate. A soulmate was that special someone destined to be with them, someone that was destined to be his since the day that they were both borned. Someone who would be his other half, the one that would complete him.

Now Taemin had read those stories before and after becoming this, but only now that he had finally met Key he had started to believe. Only now he believes that such a thing as a soulmate really exists. Because every time that he thought of the boy, every time that he looked at the boy, all he could think about was spending the rest of his life with him, to hold him close and never let him go.

With a content sigh, Taemin stood up and walked up to the still pouting Key. He placed a hand over Key's shoulder, causing the older to look up at him. Taemin helped Key get up and looked at him in the eyes.

"Hey, I'm sorry ok" Taemin said, Key nodded and looked at the floor. Key didn't want to admit it, but he was slowly falling for him, for the mutant boy that was in front of him. He knew he shouldn't since it would be too dangerous for them, but every time that he looked at those eyes, at that face, he could feel his heartbeat increasing and his face grow warm.

"Do you like to swim?"  Taemin asked suddenly, making Key look at him with a confused face. Taemin chuckled at the confused face and repeated himself.

"You know, swimming, we could go swimming tomorrow if you want" Taemin explained, Key's face brightening up significantly. It had been six years since the last time that Key had actually went swimming, the city not having any places to swim at.

"Y-yeah, that would be nice" Key said shyly. Taemin smiled brightly and bounced a little in his feet.

"Great, then I will pick you at the secret passage, like alway ok" Taemin beamed, causing a faint blush to cover Key's cheeks. Key nodded and looked at Taemin. His heart skipped a beat when he saw those eye that were always happy and filled with wonder. Key forced himself to look away, feeling the heat in his face increasing.

"Come on, let's get you back to the city" Taemin said, not even waiting for Key's response and linking their hands togerther. Key's heart raced inside his chest at the contact, the boy cursing in his mind for his behavior. In a few minutes they reached the secret passage.

"well here we are" Taemin smiled at Key. Key smiled back before slowly turning around.

"Tomorrow?" Key asked, confirming what Taemin had offered before.

"Tomorrow" Taemin confirmed. After that, they bid their goodbyes and Key started to open the hidden passage. A hand on his shoulder made the boy jump startled. Key turned around to see a grinning Onew next to him.

"Mind if I go back with you?" Onew asked with a smile.

"Fine, but you'll be treating me for diner and telling me EVERYTHING got that" Key said pointing a warning finger at his friend. Onew raised his hands in surrender and smiled.

"Fair enough, I have been busted after all" Onew agreed, walking past Key and waiting for the other to lock the door.

In their way back, Key couldn't help but think about a particular word of Onew's sentence.

I have been busted anyways

Busted 

That's what he couldn't allow to happen 

To get busted 

------
A/n:

Okay so ^^ I hope that you like this chapter and remember that there will be a whole lot more surprises up ahead 

As always I kindly ask you for your opinions, I like to hear what you people think, know that your enjoying this

SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS!!!! This is so awesome!!! XD

Also, maybe most of you wont care but I'll do it anyways..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE!!!!!! Yaaaaay!!! 

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed it and until the next update ^^

Peace out<3