Unreal

Living or Loving

“Watch your step, Luhan has made quite a mess down here” Taemin said holding Kibum’s hand as they walked down the steps to the cellar.

“Yeah, I can imagine considering he almost did a number on us” Key said looking around and hopping the last missing steps before looking up at the others that where there. Lay had been assigned to be down there most of the time since he was the healer of the pack. Xiumin was in the room most of the time as well since he was Luhan’s mate, and like any worried mate he refused to leave the room. Apart from those two the other pack members entered the house only when needed.

The room looked terrible, broken and shattered things covering the floor, a hunched figure being in a dark corner.

“How is he?” asked Taemin looking at the others, giving Xiumin a side hug for comfort.

“Still the same, I really don’t know what else to do, between that and him trying to kill me every time I get close it’s really tiresome” Lay said rubbing the back of his neck and heaving a sigh “Any news from Tao?” Lay asked looking at them with hopeful eyes. With apologetic eyes Key looked at the other before looking down shaking his head. Lay hummed and sighed sadly before crossing his arms over his chest and looked back to the dark corner.

Angry growls and snarls came from the darkness as amber colored eyes glared daggers at them. It took merely seconds before Luhan launched foreword out of the darkness in his new form, being held back by the chains they had put on him for safety, jaws snapping continuously with snarls and barks as he tried to get a clear bite at them.

The young man had been mutated into a creamy colored wolf, eyes having turned amber as a side effect. Even if his size was that of a massive wolf compared to a regular wolf, when compared to the other mutants, he was rather slim, but his claws and fangs looked sharper and deadlier than those of any mutant he had ever seen if his life. He was a killing machine made for speed and agility, not brute strength. Whoever did this to Luhan knew the man’s abilities in fast killing and tactical thinking and mutated him according to his abilities.

“But, if it helps a little, Key found out something” Taemin said showing Lay the device he was holding in the palm of his hand still holding Xiumin to his side. Lay frowned and walked closer taking the device frowning and started inspecting it.

“That’s strange… I have seen this before… but where?” Lay said and handed it to Xiumin, the shorter starting to inspect it as well and agreeing with Lay before perking up.

“Suho!” Xiumin said looking at Lay before calling for said man.

“What? What is it Xiu?” Suho said looking worried sick when he walked down the stair into the cellar and approached them.

“Look” Xiumin said looking at Suho with wide eyes offering the metal piece before looking at Luhan. Suho took the device in his hand and inspected it thoroughly with knitted eyebrows as he turned the device in his hand, his eyes widening with recognition.

“Kris! Chanyeol!” Suho called over handing the device back to Xiumin and making his way closer to the wild Luhan but staying at bay while the others got there. Kris and Chanyeol ran inside upon hearing their names being called.

“Suho?” Kris asked looking at his friend worriedly, Chanyeol standing beside him with an equally worried expression.

“Hold him still please” Suho said pointing at Luhan while looking through Lay’s healing instruments. The raven haired man pulled out two types of pliers, needle holders and surgery wire twister, plus a small knife from the bag and headed towards Luhan.

“What’s wrong? What will you do Myun?” Lay asked looking at Suho. Key had learnt that Suho’s real name was Joonmyun, but everyone called him Suho and no one dared to question it since he was also the alpha of their small pack.

A normal person with general wild behavior knowledge would have placed Kris as the alpha of their small pack, because even if Jonghyun was as strong as Kris, the latter still toppled over him in size. But not this pack. This pack was ranked with experience, experience in the labs where they were turned. They were ranked in inner strength and not in brute force.

They all had agreed on Suho leading because everyone, even Taemin and Jonghyun who joined the pack after a year of exploration, even they had seen Suho in the experimentation labs the first day they got to the hell hole. Taemin had confessed to Key that after only two days in the labs, his first thought about Suho had been ‘how long has he been here enduring this’. So when the pack was formed, their ranks were made for respect to the other’s sufferings. That and Kris insistence on Suho being the strongest out of all of them had granted the other the alfa title.

“Right, I forgot you guys didn’t get to this phase, thanks to god we escaped those places just in time, here, come you’ll help me” Suho said to Lay stepping closer and crouching next to Luhan when Kris and Chanyeol managed to pin him down.

Jaws snapped accompanied by never ending snarls as Luhan trashed around trying to get free. He glared at Kris before trying to bite his face, Kris pinning his face against the floor to keep him still.

“It should be right here” Suho muttered searching through the fur in Luhan’s nape before making a victory sound.

“What? what is it?” Lay asked looking to what Suho had found and gasping when he saw it. The same device that Taemin had shown to them was in Luhan’s nape, piercing through the skin and attached to him, the light in it flashed, sometimes flashing several times before Luhan started a brand new fit of snarls and attacks.

“We need to take this out, they use this to control him” Suho said taking the needle holders and using them to take a hold the device. Lay nodded and started cleaning the area and shaving the hair with the knife when Suho talked again.

“ it’s already starting to morph with his skin” Suho cursed before looking at Lay and exchanging the needle holders for the knife he had in hand.

“So what do we do know” Lay asked scooting closer hovering over Luhan, his eyes taking the serious calm expression they got when he entered the healer mode.

“You, grab that thing firmly and don’t waver” Suho said before taking a deep breath and nodding “Here goes nothings”

As soon as Lay had a firm hold on the device once again, everything changed. Luhan started to whimper loudly while trying to trash around, a pain expression filling his eyes. He kept trashing and whining when Lay pulled the device and Suho started to cut through the skin that had mixed with metal. Chanyeol gulped closing his eyes looking away from the boy but keeping an iron grip on him, while Kris tried to fight back the nausea and shivers that ran through his body. Taemin had to react fast enough to hold Xiumin still as the later was starting to react on instinct upon seeing his mate in pain.

“We need to cut the attachments” Suho told Lay as the device was almost out of the pinned man, only a net of thin almost invisible wires connecting it to him. Key blinked and willed his body to move before landing on his knees in front of them looking at Suho. Suho nodded in acknowledgement and told Key what he had to do. With steady hands Key freed his friend and team mate from the device, Luhan shifting to human and laying on his side on the floor.

Shallow breaths left Luhan’s body as he trembled there with his eyes closed. Xiumin ran to them when Taemin allowed him to go, dimming that it was safe to do so. He kneeled next to his now mutant boyfriend and took his head carefully, helping Suho and Lay in cleaning and bandaging his wound. He was relieved when he saw that it wasn’t a deep nor a large wound, just a superficial wound since that controlling device had been attached to the skin mostly.

 “X-Xiu” Luhan croaked opening his eyes a little and looking a Xiumin, whimpering before smiling a little his eyes feeling with tears “I-I t-tho-ught I-I wouldn’t g-get t-to see y-your ang-el face a-again” He said weakly.

“Shhh its ok, you’re here with me, you’re ok now” Xiumin whispered, tears running down his face as well. Xiumin hugged his lover close as he softly combed his hair whispering reassurances on his ear until the newly turned mutant fell asleep in his arms.

After helping the others clean up everything Key headed back to Taemin and hugged the younger tightly sighing shakily.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Taemin asked worriedly hugging his mate trying to reassure him. The couple started heading out walking up the stairs, the elder staying in the young mutant’s arms.

“Why are my team and my friends getting targeted? I’m scared, what if I’m next?” Key gulped loudly looking up at Taemin scared and anxious, even if he tried to put on a strong face. Taemin blinked and side smiles cupping one of his cheeks caressing it softly.

“Don’t worry love, nothing bad will happen as long as I can help it” Taemin reassured with a small loving smile as they walked out of the cellar and made way for Kris and Chanyeol to walk by and take Luhan to a more comfortable resting place.

“Yeah, plus your hot is not the only one on the hunt, so don’t flatter yourself” an extra voice that Key didn’t expect to be hearing said making him look to the side with wide eyes.

“Baekhyun?! What are you doing here?!” Key asked the newcomer pulling back from the hug just enough to give his full attention to Baekhyun.

“What? You’re not the only human that gives classified information to the mutants and is part of this family” Baekhyun laughed a little holding a silver suitcase.

“Wait so? You are in this mess as well?” Key asked the other surprised.

“Of course I am, and I don’t call it a mess, I call it my new life, as soon as I find out everything we need to set the mutant population free from this hell, I’m running from that place before they get a chance to catch me, anyways, where’s Luhan? I overheard the others in my division so I have some good idea of what’s happening” Baekhyun said looking a little worried but keeping an amused face, the young soldier placing the silver suitcase on the table. Key blinked and hummed nodding before frowning a little.

“Luhan is resting, he’s already on the clear, and before I start questioning you, why are you here? You must have come for something more than bringing information… right?” Key

“Oh yeah, of course I did” Baekhyun said grinning, looking over Key’s shoulder, his smile growing even more. Key looked at his friend arching his eyebrows before looking back.

Before Key could even turn to look back at what Baekhyun was looking at, Kai rushed past them. As he reached Baekhyun he placed his hands on the other’s hips and lifted him in the air, spinning with him in pure glee. Baekhyun laughed happily placing his hands on Kai’s shoulders. When the mutant lowered the human they shared a kiss filled with joy and love, Kai’s arms wrapping around Baekhyun’s waist bringing him close in a loving hug while Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Kai’s neck with the same amount of love that the mutant mustered.

“So this is your reason?” Key says chuckling amused leaning back against Taemin’s chest. Upon Key’s word Kai smiled and laughed and Baekhyun pulled back grinning.

“Do I need any more reason than this?” Baekhyun said grinning and letting out a small giggle when Kai kissed his neck grinning.

“God I’m going to get cavities, are there mutant dentists by any chance?” Luhan said limping towards us with a side smile, Xiumin holding most of the other’s weight as they headed for the couch.

“I thought Suho told you to rest” Kai questioned raising an eyebrow resting his chin on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Yeah but I wanted to know what was all the fuss out here, plus I need to get used to my new life and know what’s going on” Luhan said sitting down on the couch with a groan.

“Yeah but take it easy Lu, you’re not well” Xiumin said sitting next to him and grinning when Luhan leaned his head on his shoulder.

“Yeah Luhan, Xiumin is right, you need to be very careful, especially now” Baekhyun said heading to the table with Kai latched to his waist.

“Why?” Luhan questioned looking at Baekhyun confused.

“Is it because of what you overheard in your division?” Lay asked walking out of the kitchen area drying his hands and heading towards them, having heard what Baekhyun had said earlier.

“Yes. Now listen or we will all be in danger, these past…. Easily I could say month, a special team has been tasked with the secret mission of targeting the best of the best soldiers in the field or the smartest of all, most of them….. Belong to our group of close friends” Baekhyun said turning a computer he had inside the silver suitcase to face his friends.

On the bright screen a list could be seen. Almost everyone that Key knew and was friends with was in the list, including Baekhyun. Under the names you could find a small description of the person and it’s jobs status, and right next to all that you could see a picture of the person.

“What’s this Baek?” Kai asked confused, his eyebrows furrowed as he pointed at the screen, specifically at Luhan’s picture on the list. His picture was crossed over with a red line, the words T.C plastered on the picture as well in bright red. Baekhyun gulped and sighed looking at the mutant attached to his hip.

“Turned, Controlled, they marked the ones that they already caught like that, everyone on the list is supposed to be marked like that by the time they want it to happen” Baekhyun informed stepping back to allow them to step closer and have a look.

Key positioned himself next to Lay, the rest of the pack crowding around them. The started scrolling down the list, Key recognizing most of the members in it. Sure there were people he knew but he wasn’t close with them, like for example a soldier named Eunhyuk. He remembered talking with said man and his brother, really keen men they were, but both had been crossed over in the list which meant they probably were suffering the same fate Luhan had suffered. He also recognize Amber and even found himself in the list, his legs feeling week for a second upon seeing his oblivious face staring back at him in the screen.

 Reaching the end of the list they found Tao’s picture on the list, crossed over with the line and letter’s just like Luhan’s picture had been. A gasp ripped through Lay’s chest as he stared wide eyed at the picture. The man’s strength gave out, and his weight fell back on Chanyeol’s arms, the other reacting fast enough to catch him just in time. Even as his core broke down in sadness and despair, not a single tear was released by the young mutant.

“W-we need to save him” was all Lay could muster before he pushed his body away from Chanyeol, and walked away from the table.

Kibum stared at the man as he walked off, something within him urging the young soldier to help his new friends, and he was sure as hell that he would do so. Taking a deep breath he willed himself to take a last look at the list while the gears in his head turned to form a plan to recue all those soldiers that had been crossed over in the list. His heart and mind however wasn’t ready for what his sight caught upon falling back on the list.

In the very last line of the list, the very last image, staring back at him was Onew’s picture. The man’s face was half crossed, a T shining brightly on it.

In that moment everything stopped flowing in Kibum’s mind. He felt bewildered, he felt as if he was orbiting in some foreign space. He knew something was wrong with his best friend, but not this. And on top of everything, the other didn’t say a word about any of this. So that’s why the mutants looked at him strange, they knew, they smelled the change.

Everything to Kibum felt like a dream now…

It felt like something from another world….

His mind unable to grasp everything that was happening at the same time…

Everything was….

So unreal…

 

--

Hello again! ^_^

Please note my lack of knowledge for medical procedures jajaja, but all of you got the idea I hope

Anyways… yeah a lot of things are on play now, especially since finals are nearing, all ready to eat me up in one gulp XD

also for that reason I apologize for any typos

 

So about this story and chapter, I really appreciate all of those lovely readers that have endure all this, yet again I thank all of you XD

I am also planning a lot of stories for the future so if any of you have anything you would like to suggest, like pairings or anything feel free to tell me at any time ^_^

Comment and subscribe, that’s the fuel of this and every story of mine, and if you want to send me a PM feel free to do so as well, I don’t bite and I answer.

 

So thanks again for everything, I’ll keep up my hard work

 

Peace out <3