Meaning

Living or Loving

 "Good, now I can help you now that I know what's the situation, but if I ask you need to be honest ok" Tao smiled at his friend. Key nodding in agreement.

 

"Good, now, we know that you love or at least think you love Taemin, now you need to do something about it" Tao smiles looking at Key while helping him get up to walk home since it was quite late.

 

 "Do something about it? You can't be serious" Key couldn't help but look at his friend skeptically since everything seemed just too easy when he said it.

 

"Yes my friend, do something about it, I know it sounds insane but, we are doing something insane, and there for something fast paced, if you really wish to enjoy what you have to the fullest then why don't do it, you're sure, I'm sure he's sure so why wait?" Tao said shrugging while walking calmly next to him both exiting the alley.

 

"Yeah I guess but.... Isn't it.... TOO rushed?" Key looked at Tao gulping clearly scared of what could happen to him or Taemin if they made a wrong choice. Tao just smiled calmly and continued walking in silence for a while until he took a deep calm breath and looked at Key.

 

"Look Key.... I will tell you this and then leave the rest to you ok" smiles looking at him, continuing when Key nodded.

 

"There's a saying that goes like this, there comes a time when you have to make a choice, live or die that's it no more, well my version of this saying is, there comes a time where you make a choice, live or love" Tao smiled looking at his friend. Key just looked back at him completely lost and barely convinced.

 

"How can you say that?! That's the most!! Arg!! What the heck is that supposed to mean?! I doubt anyone would be crazy enough to choose death for love!” Key questioned looking at him looking for a clearer answer. 

 

"Ok, easy cowboy, you'll see what I mean when your time to answer that question comes, for now I give you a clue, would you chose to live forever but without love nor someone to spend all that time with you, or would you chose a short love in which every second was well spend being loved and loving someone?" Tao smiled and with that he took a turn and walked up to his house looking back and waving at Key.

 

"You think about that when you make your choices cap" and with that Tao walked to his house, leaving Key to walk the short way to his house with those thoughts.

 

Heaving a sigh he decided to walk into his house and drag himself to bed when a smile crept of his face. He was determined to start his new ways for sure, a new life outside where he was hidden from everyone. Sure at the moment he didn’t understood a single word of what Tao was trying to tell him, but he was determined none the less. With a smile he walked to his bed and plopped down sighing, only having about two or three more hours of sleep and planning on enjoying them. As he drifted of he only thought of Tao's words. But as if throwing a spell over him this words kept him tossing and turning in his bed.

 

For a week

For two

For a month Key was unable to sleep. Job had suddenly rained on him, rebels around the city were being a problem, paper work rained and hours seemed to grow shorter.

 

Everything seemed normal until the soldier had an encounter with one of the rebels. He had cornered the young woman and was aiming at her until he got paralyzed by her words.

 

“Please! You don’t know what it’s like! You don’t have the slightest idea!! They are not all bad! They can love! I love one of them! You blind bastards!! PLEASE!!!” the woman begged and cried looking at him in the eyes. Key couldn’t bring himself to pull the trigger, just the fact that this woman stood there defending the truth, what she believed and what she loved, the same thing he should have been doing, just that was enough to stop him there staring at her with wide shocked eyes and an intern struggle.

The woman noticed this and gasped stepping closer causing Key to aim her with a trembling gun.

 

“you know some are different” the woman whispered and got closer trying again “please, you need to help us, don’t do this, don’t turn your back on us, don’t be blind, please fight for this, fight for us please” she kept pleading and looking at him with tear stained cheeks.

 

With a curse the soldier lowered his gun and neared the woman grabbing her arm and looking around before rushing through an empty building and managing to leave the area where all the other soldiers were without getting noticed. He headed to his secret passage and pushed her inside once he opened it.

 

“just head down there straight or just stay here until everything back there clears out ok you’ll be safe” Key looks at her gulping holding his gun to his side. The woman smiled and threw herself on his arms hugging him close.

“Thank you so much sir, really! I knew some day someone would understand!” The woman said with a happy tone and a small sob. Key blinked and gulped looking at her and patted her back a little.

 

“Don’t thank me yet ma’am, now you better hide ok, and if you want my advice, I would lay low for a while” Key said as he stepped back and looked at her. The woman chuckled and shook her head a little.

 

“I know you will understand someday why we throw ourselves out there to die for what we love, in fact, by helping me know I know you’re a step closer to following your heart and understanding, all I’ll  tell you even if I don’t have any right to as the stranger I am to you, don’t allow the true monster blind you, always follow the truth you know, and not the truth they tell you” the woman said smiling and caressed his cheek before turning and running off down the hallway towards the outside of the dome.

Letting out a breath he didn’t knew he was holding Key looked around and huffed running a hand through his hair and arranging his cap. He cursed at his luck as people just kept throwing riddles and confusing words his way. He already had a hard time figuring out he liked a mutant in those ways, and now seeing people that were willing to fight and die for what they loved... in all honesty it made him feel weak.

 

While walking out of that alley and holding the gun firmly to reunite with his team he decided to do a quick pondering. What did he knew?

 

He knew that he loved Taemin. That he was sure what he was and what he wanted… sort of. He also knew that he wanted to give it a shot and start his fresh start or die trying-…

And then it all clicked into place.

It all made sense.

 

He remembered what his mother once told him a few days before THAT day, before the day his life changed.

 

“Never try to understand what already has a simple answer, never try to find what there isn’t there, and always be sure of what there is, never be afraid to love and never be afraid to fight for it my Kibum, if you’re not afraid to love and you are ready to fight for it, you’re happy ending will always come, even if it is the beginning of the end.” She had said with a loving smile clear she knew what she was saying while she comforted him after a rough day he had.

 

As if thinking by themselves, his feet turned around and started running. He ran off when his team was walking to him, not even caring what they thought. He could have sworn he saw a knowing smile on Tao’s face, the younger probably recognizing the facial expression that had taken over Key’s face when he found the meaning to all his questions.

 

He started running down another secret exit he had found. He ran with all his might to the exit, to the surface he had come to know and miss.

 

With a small groan he pushed the door open and looked around. Luck or fate, whichever it was, was on his side. He spotted the source of his struggle about to enter the nearby forest where he lived.

 

“Taemin!” Key called over catching the young mutant’s attention and darted off towards him. Taemin’s ears perked a little before the mutant looked back. The young mutant could had barely reacted and turned around when a body collided with his and a pair of lips met his.

 

A small smile formed on both faces as lips moved together in perfect synch. Taemin wrapped his arms around Key keeping the human close to him and never wanting to let go.

Key smiled into the kiss finally feeling complete. Even if he knew that this was only the start of his own war against everyone that would try to stop him.

Everything was clear for now.

Everything had…

A meaning

 

 

----

Hey everyone!

I am so sorry for the wait

I really appreciate you support!

I love you all my subscribers and I will do everything to keep up my updates even if it takes time!

As for this chapter I hope you all enjoyed it!!

From now on there will be more action.

Please keep up with me and I hope you all enjoyed this

 

Peace out! <3