Control

Living or Loving

 

                                                         

 

 

  A week passed by and Key couldn’t find his best friend no matter how hard he looked. Every time he passed by the elder’s house he would find an empty house or he would find Minho telling him that Jinki was either out or not feeling that well.

Since that strange night Kibum had been worried sick for his best friend and overly warry over everything that happened around the city. It was funny, how he had never noticed how many things happened around until now that he was mixed amongst those unusual things that happened around.

Heaving a sigh the young soldier walked down one of the many large hallways of HQ. He huffed a little before knocking on the office on the commander and waited for the answer.

“Come in” Came the voice of the commander G-Dragon in his usual calm but slightly imposing tone. Key nodded a little and opened the door after fixing his cap and walked in.

“Good evening Sir, I just came in to hand in my weekly report” Kibum announced standing straight before the large desk, his hands folded behind his back holding the file of his reports.

“Good, at ease soldier” the commander answered calmly and finished signing a paper before looking up and extending his hand and side smiling “tough week?”

“You could say that sir” Kibum answered handing over the reports and folding his hands in front of him. The commander hummed and started looking through the files.

“And how’s your companion? Lee Jinki was it? I haven’t seen him around” The commander asked looking through the files, but Kibum didn’t miss the twitch in the corner of his mouth as the commander’s lips turned into a small smirk that the other obviously thought was discreet.

“I’m… afraid I don’t know sir, I haven’t seen him in the whole week, I heard he called in sick” Kibum said keeping a poker even if inside of him a lot of red flags went off.

“hmm, well then, hope he gets better soon, wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to your friend right” the commander told the younger with a smile, a slightly mocking tone able to be felt hidden by a layer of sugar coated words. Key felt a wave of anger growing in him at the commander’s behavior and his smile before the commander’s face dropped into one of shock and disbelief even if he tried to hide it. Key frowned a little and right when he was about to turn around a hand landed on his shoulder making him jump out of his skin for a second.

“Evening commander G-Dragon, sorry for barging in like this, your secretary said I could walk in, I wanted to hand in my reports and a form from the doctor, that being the  reason why I didn’t showed up for work, it was a very bad case of the flue. Hello Kibum.” Onew’s cheerful voice sounded as he handed his own document’s to the commander with a smile that never failed, patting Key’s shoulder when he addressed the other.

Key was at a loss for words, shocked even, he wanted to scream so hard and loud at the other but he couldn’t he had to stay put. He remained silent watching as Onew talked with the commander right in time to catch as the commander’s hand went under the desk discreetly. Key kept looking at the commander as he talked with Jinki.

“So just a cold? That’s a relieve soldier, so are you ready to be back in action or do you need… some more time to get better” the commander said never taking his eyes away from Onew, his left eyebrow twitching and his eyes flashing anger and confusion before the man went back to reading the documents.

“No sir, everything is in order, I am ready to go back to my duties sir” Onew said a half smirk tugging at the edge of his mouth before he bowed and put on the cap that he was holding in his hand by his side.

“Very well, you two are dismissed soldiers” the commander said nodding his head, his eyes not leaving Onew.

With a bow both boys left the office, Onew’s arm settling o Key’s shoulders as they walked out of HQ. They walked in silence until they were far enough of HQ and praying eyes when Key slapped Onew’s arm away and turned to look at the older as if he was quizzical.

“Man! Where have you been!!! Do you have any idea of how worried have I been?! Last time I saw you, you where bleeding and didn’t look that well, that or I am going crazy and hallucinated and now you reappear all smiles and normal!” Key huffed and looks at the other slapping him before hugging him tightly.

“Hello to you too! Man that’s one hell of a hand you have there, thanks god it was a slap and not a punch” Onew chuckled rubbing his jaw and cheek before hugging the shorter. Key huffed and pulled back crossing his arms and glaring at the other.

“Well? Where were you?!” Key asked looking at his best friend serious.

“I was sick, really, but I am all better now” Onew said shrugging a little.

“Tell me the truth you stink head, what was wrong with you, you saw the commander’s face… something is fishy and I don’t like it” Key looked at Onew whispering the last part while looking around warily. Onew huffed and motioned for the other to follow him, Kibum complying reluctantly and following the other to a more secluded area. Once they were alone Onew looked around befrore pulling a small leather pouch and pulling out a strange device from it showing it to Key.

Key frowned looking at the little metal piece. It was a little device with tiny needles and wires in it and a light flashing every now and then at the center, every time the light went on, a spark of electricity lighting up in the end of the needle along with dried blood smothered around it. It also had some kind of empty glass capsule in it that seemed like a useless piece of the device, that being why Key didn’t pay attention to it.

“W-What the hell? What the is that Jinki, where did you get this?” Key asked confused taking the device and looking at it, holding it up in the light and inspecting it closely.

“My nape… I was working up till late one day to get some extra money, and before I knew it I was being held down by three guards with masks and the I felt an incredible stinging pain in my nape, after that I got beat by the guards before they left, but there was someone else because when they left, there were four guys instead of three. Anyways, after that I headed home but I still felt pain in the back of my neck so when I was heading home on the way I touched my nape and felt that, when I did so I grabbed it and just… sort of yanked it off of me, it hurt like a , but just as I did it started flashing and doing that, I don’t know what it is but I am sure this will help us figure some things up”  Onew explained looking at Key to see what he made up of this.

“So… maybe… I need to go out of the dome tonight, maybe we can help Luhan with this” Key said causing Jinki to frown.

“Help Luhan? What? Why?” Onew asked his friend with his frown still on his face. The younger sighed since his friend didn’t knew so he figured he had to explain him.

“Look, like a week ago or so I was out of the dorm with Taemin, everything seemed normal until suddenly Luhan appeared all crazy and wild, we were confused and we still are, Taemin and the rest of the pack came up with the theory that maybe humans were once again doing experiments with other humans, Taemin also explained to me that this is how he and every mutant became a mutant in the first place. Anyways, I thought it was hard to believe if I hadn’t seen it happen before my own eyes, First Luhan started behaving all wild and tried to attack us, now he’s a full wolf that is still trying to kill us, we don’t know how to help him, but now, maybe this will help, you said you had it on your nape right” Key finished explaining looking at the device that was back on the pouch before handing the leather bag back to Onew.

Onew was shocked, gaping like an idiot trying to grasp everything. He had been gone for just one week and so much had happened. He looked at his friend and agreed to go with him to the outside nervously, rubbing his arm a little unsurely.

“Thanks Onew, It means a lot, I am really worried… not only for the pack, but for everyone as well, what if they really are starting to do this things again and they lose control of it like last time, where will we go? Space? That’s not an option… we need to stop anything bad from happening Jinki” Key said determined.

“Yeah… but we…” Onew said unsurely, flinching and looking back when two guards called Key.

“Yes soldiers?” Kibum said bowing to his comrades and looking at them patiently.

“Captain Kibum, we were told by the commander to deliver you a message, there have been unusual sightings of mutants roaming dangerously close to the city’s main entrance and near the roads, your team along with other teams have been assigned to a special mission to take care of the situation, your team was selected upon recognition of your team’s abilities and field experience, this mission will take place in three days, rendezvous will be by the main gate at nightfall.” the soldier that Key recognized as Ravi informed him waiting for the other’s response.

It was odd for Key that they suddenly came up saying that. He had made sure that the pack remained out of view this past week so that nothing would happen to them, and he hadn’t seen out of the usual in his own patrolling hours. Nevertheless, this was an order coming directly from the commander, and even if he didn’t agree sometimes, it was his job to follow orders.

“Ok, tell the commander that I will be there for the mission” Key said with a firm nod before dismissing the soldiers and thanking them for their time. As soon as they were out of view the younger turned to look at his best friend.

“We need to warn the pack, they were planning on having a run that night” Key said starting to walk down the sidewalk towards the alley with the secret exit.

“I don’t know Key, something doesn’t feel right about that special mission man” Onew said following Key while looking around the neon streets and the buildings that started to light up as the day was coming to an end with an artificial sunset setting at the end of the dorm.

“I know, that’s why I’ll warn them, and I’ll be extra careful, plus if something happens you’ll be in my ear piece” Key said shrugging a little.

“Still, promise me you’ll be very careful ok” Jinki said to the other seriously, helping Kibum in opening the passage way to the secret exit.

“yeah I promise man, you know that I would never do anything stupid” Key said making Onew scoff a chuckle “ok ok maybe I do mess up from time to time but hey! I will be careful this time ok” Key reasoned walking down the tunnel and reaching the door that lead to the surface.

“Ok… anything else happened while I was gone?” Onew asked smiling when the setting sun came into view, Key closing the door once they were outside.

“Key, well, what I told you with Luhan, and Tao is still missing” Key said walking to the forest and down the worn-down path that lead to their pack’s home.

Key smiled at that thought. They belonged to a large group, a family, a pack. That’s how Taemin and the other’s called themselves, a pack of friends. For Key it was exciting, it covered his face with a smile and with happiness every time he thought of them as his pack.

 

The two soldiers walked quietly down the path reaching the cabin they already knew so well. Key brought his fist up and knocked a few times frowning when he didn’t get a response. Onew almost jumped out of his skin when an angry roar was heard in the distance, both soldiers looking in the direction of the sound.

“They must be at Xiumin’s place” Key said glancing at Onew before motioning for him to follow.

“Was that Luhan?” Onew asked following Key while looking around the forest and the house they were looking for appeared before them in the darkness of the forest.

“Yup, he’s been like that for a week, we locked him in the cellar of the cabin so he wouldn’t hurt anyone, but it’s been a hell of a challenge since day one” Key huffed knocking on the door and waiting for someone to open up.

After some waiting the door was opened by Kai as the younger looked at both of them with wide surprised eyes since he wasn’t expecting their visit.

“We have something that could help with Luhan’s case” Key told the young mutant. Kai looked at them before his gaze returned to Onew.

“Yeah, they’re downstairs with him right know, Taemin is here with Jonghyun as well” Kai informed them moving to the side letting them in but his eyes never leaving Onew, his face contorted in a confused frown.

“Thanks Kai” Key told the younger and walked inside knocking to the trapdoor of the cellar. After a few seconds and some rustling inside, the trap door was opened by a grinning Taemin.

“What brings you here love?” Taemin grinned at the human, hissing and complaining when Jonghyun passed him by in a hurry getting out of the cellar and locking eyes with Onew before rushing to him. Key chuckled and rolled his eyes at them before focusing back to Taemin.

“I have something that could help with Luhan” Key said pulling the device out of the pouch and showing it to Taemin. The young mutant took it and frowned inspecting it.

“Where did you find this?”Taemin asked looking at his lover confused before looking back to the device.

“Onew found it, he said something about having it on his nape” Key told the mutant crouching down to his eyelevel. Taemin inspected the device a little closer before going down the stairs.

Key started going down the stairs after the mutant, glancing at the side for a moment. A small frown formed in his face when he saw Jonghyun and Onew talking quietly right before the walked out the door. Key stayed there for a moment looking in the direction where the couple had been a few minutes ago with a frown. Something in the back of his mind told him that there was something odd happening with his best friend, but then again, who was he to pry in the other’s private life?

With a shrug Key stepped into the cellar to help the others.

-

“Come in” the commander’s voice sounded as he looked out the window.

“You called sir” a deep voice asked from behind the commander. A smirk formed on the commander’s face as he turned around and placed the glass of whiskey he was drinking on the desk.

“Yes, I have a job for you and your team, there are some stones on the way that need to be removed” The commander said nearing the tall masked soldier of the Special Forces. He cupped the man’s face and grabbing the edges of the mask carefully pulling them down with a smirk.

“I need you and your team to go and do a special job, in three days at nightfall a few teams will go out on a mission, but they won’t come back from it because your team will make sure of that” the Commander said smirking and removing the mask revealing Tao’s stoic face and his stern gaze looking forward. The commander chuckled and patted Tao’s cheek smirking.

“Yes sir” Tao said not moving one inch, his stern gaze fixated on the wall.

“Good, you’re dismissed” The commander said stepping back after covering the soldier’s face again. He looked as what he called perfection left the room. Everything was perfect, everything was just right.

Because in life it was all about that…

If you had that you held the world in your palm…

It was all about one thing only…

And that thing was called…

Control.

-------

Why does it feel so good, so good to be bad!

Here’s another update, and please don’t kill me

I will keep on my hard work on giving you lovely fans more updates

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Please leave a comment and subscribe as always

Your comments are what keeps this fic going!

So give yourselves an applause and a cheer for that!

I hope you enjoyed it and don’t forget to check out my other story,

“Mending of the Hearts” “Because how do you heal a broken heart?”

Also I have some great ideas growing in my head so be expecting more stories in the future!

Now until the next update!

Peace out! <3