Aware

Living or Loving

                                                       

 

“Luhan?” Key asked once more, greatly concerned for his friend and teammate. He knew something was wrong.  His teammate wasn’t like this, and if the blood covering the young soldier wasn’t enough to give it away, the fact that his goofball of a friend looked like this did raise a red flag on Key. He was ready to call the other again when the doe eyed human threw a bone chilling, unhuman roar to the wind and launched at them at great speed, baring his claws and ready to tear them to shreds.

The loud thunderous sound of bodies colliding made Key jump back as he stared wide eyed as Taemin ran foreword to block the attack. The young soldier stood there gaping shocked as the mutants wrestled on the floor, Taemin trying to pin the other boy down without hurting and Luhan just trying to kill the younger mutant in the bloodiest way he could.

“” the human cursed and looked through his things for something to help Taemin out. Pulling out his hand gun from his clothes the human aimed it at Luhan and after a moment of hesitation he took a shot hitting one of the insane man’s arms right when he was about to take a deadly strike at Taemin.

A bone shrilling pained scream left Luhan’s mouth as he stopped his wild attack and growled wildly with gritted teeth’s holding his arm. Taemin stared wide eyed at the wild young man perking up when he heard one of his pack mates shout at him.

“Hold him!! Grab him! Keep him still Taemin!!!” Xiumin shouts at Taemin from afar, running to them hurriedly. Reacting quickly, Taemin nodded and followed his mutant companion’s order, taking a quick hold to Luhan and pinning him down to the floor.

“Hurry god dammit!” Taemin grunted trying to keep the wild boy down. Even injured, the trashing soldier put up a serious fight, roaring and growling at Taemin’s face trying to get free.

“Guys!! He’s here!!” Xiumin called back running to Taemin and helping him still Luhan.

“What’s going on Xiumin!” Taemin demands looking at the shorter mutant utterly confused while looking as the rest of the pack arrived and worked on tying up Luhan so he wouldn’t hurt anyone nor himself. Gulping loudly while tying Luhan and saying soothing words to him Xiumin turned to face Taemin and glanced at Key before leaning closer to the other mutant.

“He shouldn’t be out here Tae, you need to protect him ok… they are doing it again” Xiumin answered gulping while Taemin’s eyes widened and looked back at him speechless.

“T-they are? I-I thought…” Taemin tried out looking at the rest of his friends, Kris looking at him and nodding confirming what Xiumin said. While Lay worked hurriedly on healing Luhan’s arm with a calm face, Xiumin took a deep breath and continued getting up when the pack started to take Luhan away, the boy roaring a growling at everyone.

“I know, I thought so too but then we bumped up with these, and he’s not the first, we are working on it for now so… when we get more info on what’s going on we will tell you ok… I promise so… for now… it’s best if you two are careful ok” Xiumin said looking at Taemin worriedly and slightly apologetic. Temin gulped and looked at Key who was taken aback by everything looking as they took his friend away. Heaving a sigh Taemin nodded.

“Alright…. You’re right, I don’t want anything happening to him… I’m sorry for this Min” Taemin apologized gulping and blinking what Xiumin side smiled a little patting his shoulder.

“It’s ok Tae, don’t worry ok, we will get through this” Xiumin said nodding and turned to leave, stopping and turning back to Taemin to tell him before he left.

“One thing…be cautious around other humans ok, don’t get too close and if you can convince Key to stay out of this… do it, this happened when Luhan told me he would dig up on something he found, and we can’t contact Tao after he started to investigate as well, I don’t know what’s going on Tae, but I don’t like it” Xiumin said serious and after finishing the warning to his friend he turned around and ran off after the rest of the pack.

Taemin looked at them leave gulping thickly before going to Key and grabbing his arm a little bit too arsh and starting to drag him back to the dorm, his only thought being tp keep him safe.

“Hey! Tae- hey! Hey! Hey! Stop!” Key huffed yanking his arm back and glaring a little at Taemin.

“What’s going on? Will you explain me or you’ll just hide it from me?” Key looked at Taemin refusing to go with him another step without an answer.

“Key, I just want to keep you safe of, it’s best if you go back home now” Taemin tried to convince the young soldier. Kibum just crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

“I will find out either way Taemin, even if you tell me or not” Key replied calmly but letting his statement as clear as day. Taemin sighed and bit his lip looking to where the others went and then back at Key before sighing.

“If I tell you what we think is going on… promise me that you won’t look up on it inside the dome and you won’t do anything stupid” Taemin said looking at the human pleadingly, clear that he didn’t want to hide anything from the older but he didn’t want him to get in danger. Key looked at him taking a deep breath ready to argue, but huffing and letting the air out with a reluctant face and nods.

“Fine… but I won’t turn away if something jumps in my face, I will stay away from what I can and won’t go looking for trouble, but if trouble comes my way I’ll face it all the way” Key said and Temin couldn’t do anything but agree. After this little exchange the pair walked closer to the dome but still stayed far enough to not be spotted. They sat side by side and got as comfortable as they could before the young mutant heaved a sighs.

“I guess it’s time you know the truth, I just thought it wouldn’t… be like this, nor this soon” the young mutant side looking down at the floor tugging at the grass beneath them.

“Tae, I asked you because I really want to know and be a part of your life, really, I want to know you better than anyone, I will always be with you and I will never leave your side ok” Key said smiling reassuringly and leaning closer to him softly laying his head on his boyfriend’s  shoulder.

“So…. About what was happening just now… I guess if I explain you everything” Taemin nodded and took his hand, side smiling when Key softly squeezed it to reassure him. “Well… the thing is that like I told you I wasn’t always mutant, I was human once, but my brother and I, we weren’t in our best economic days back then, our father left us when we my brother was born and my mom died when I was ten. My brother Jonghyun tried really hard to make enough money to keep our house plus get food, but everything was just too hard. When we were losing hope, this guy in a suit came to our doorstep and offered us a place to live so we could be safe. We took the offer without thinking, hell who wouldn’t take such an offer after being at the verge of dying… but if I had known better, I would have thought better, I wouldn’t have taken that offer” Taemin sighed shakily and nodded a little. The human looked at his lover patiently waiting for him to be ready to continue.

“It was all a trap… they were tricking people in need and using them for experiments, it was a secret military project… they would say ‘what better way of taking care of the useless trash of the streets than turning it into something useful’ and with that thought they did… horrible things to us, they would inject whatever they felt like, they opened us up like pigs and did everything they could think of, until we became this, they wanted unhuman soldiers that they could control with ease, but it didn’t work, we somehow managed to escape, how I am not sure, but we did, after that we spread through earth as an attempt to stop these experiments to continue and that’s also why mutants don’t trust humans, because they betrayed our trust… but now after what happened, I’m afraid they never stopped their experiments how we thought and now they found a way to control mutants, that’s what was happening to Luhan… he was turned and was following a command form his ‘Alpha’… whichever that order was, it wasn’t supposed to end well, nor the way it did…” Taemin gulped looking at the floor.

“That’s horrible” Key gasped hugging him close having the need to comfort his boyfriend

“Well, it’s in the past so I guess it’s ok, what matters know is to not let it happen again” Taemin said softly hugging Key to his chest and allowing himself to soak up on the love and comfort the soldier had to offer.

“You are right, and don’t worry, I won’t look for trouble but I will back you up and help you no matter what you need ok” Key smiled pulling back and sharing a sweet and reassuring kiss with the young mutant. Taemin returned the kiss with a smile feeling better by having his boyfriend. After that and a little reassuring chat they got up and headed back to the entrance of the dorm.

“Please be cautious Key, what they said about the others being missing was serious, Tao has been missing for two days now, and Luhan was lost and look how he appeared, I don’t want anything bad to happen to you ok” Taemin looked at Key pleadingly. The older man smiled and cupped the mutant’s cheeks and kissed his nose.

“I will Tae, I promise ok, nothing bad will happen” Key reassured kissing the mutants forehead before kissing his lips softly. Taemin hugged the older close before parting from the kiss and smiling at him.

“Ok, then please come by tomorrow ok, maybe we can have some answers as to what’s happening with Luhan” Taemin said caressing his back before helping him open the door to the dome.

“Ok I will, and if I casually notice something I will tell you” Key said and laughed a little when he got a slightly stern look “ok ok I won’t do anything”

“Good, I just want you to be safe ok, plus I promise that if I need anything I will ask for help ok” Taemin smiled looking at the soldier who walked in to the tunnel. Key nodded and turned to Taemin smiling.

“Ok and if I need help I will come look for you” the human smiled and kissed the mutant one last time before pulling away.

“I love you Bummie” Taemin said making Key laugh at the new petname.

“Bummie?” Key asked chuckling lightly.

“Yes, I like it, it’s cute” Taemin said nonchalantly with a small shrug and a bright smile.

“Ok fine, then I love you too my y mutant” Key laughed a little blushing before stepping back closing the door “See you” Key said waving before closing the door shut and starting to walk back with a smile plastered on his face, but a slight worry itching the back of his head.

On his way to the exit of the alley that hid the tunnel Key had to frown and near a wall. He carefully inched closer to inspect a marking on the wall only for his eyes to go wide and almost pop out of his sockets.

It was bloody handprint dripping down the bricks of the building. The mark made the soldier go on full alert mode and look around rushing out the alley and hugging his damp jacket closer around himself as he looked through the chilly streets of what caused that print. He spotted a figure stumbling down the street in a hurried pace, one of its hands helping om supporting the figure’s weight against the wall as it walked, and the other clenched in a tight bloody fist on his side. Key didn’t think twice as he tried to catch up the surprisingly fast and familiar figure. He could swear that that coated figure was Onew. As he was closing in on the figure he took a turn. Key took the turn only to be found by an empty street and the figure nowhere to be seen.

Key tried to wrap his mind around the happenings but everything just raised alerts on his mind.

He just knew that now everything wasn’t what he thought.

Now he knew everything or most of it...

Now he was...

Aware 

---

Here's yet another chapter! I hope you are really enjoying this!!! Now I am managing to get some free time that needs to be spent in some other way that doesn't involve being lazy so...

I try to do more updates!!!!

I also couldn't help myself and started another story, so if you lovely readers would like to give it a try, it's called "Mending of the Hearts" and it's a Taohan.

for those that didn't knew, my sotries are all about doing fics with uncommon shippings so that those empty spaces in our hearts that crave for new things XD!!

Still I apologize for the never ending long waits and It really means a lot for me that you lovely readers stick around! 

As always your love is welcomed and apresiated!

Please keep commenting and enjoying this story!

Thank you for everything!

Peace out! ^_^