Book Two: Twelfth Tale

Multitales: ExoMin (NEW UPDATES!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 B o o k T w o
XII. Min x Suho
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The short brunette stood dumbstruck, blinking several times to get her bearings straight and making sure that what she was seeing wasn't a hallucination. But no matter how many times she did there he stood in all of his princely glory looking down at her as if he was expecting a specific kind of reaction that she wasn't delivering.

"Min?" he waved his hand in front of her face. "Did you hear me?"

"Huh? Yeah." She shook herself out of her confusion and yet still managed to look very visibly confused. "Sorry. I just-I'm surprised that's all."

He was clearly confused. "That I'm asking you out?"

"That you know my name," she corrected matter-of-factly. "I didn't think you did."

"We've been classmates since middle school-"

"Elementary," she corrected without missing a beat.

"Right. Right." He looked nervous. It was almost hilarious and she probably would've laughed had it not been for the fact that she was so damn suspicious, not to mention still extremely confused. Suho wasn't the kind of guy that got nervous, hell, she was sure he didn't know what the definition of the word and yet here he was looking like he would rather be anywhere else but there, standing in front of her and asking her out on a date, of all things. "So... how about it?"

How about it? Min had zero experience dating let alone being liked by someone but if TV and film taught her anything it was that there's usually a lot of flirting and courting that goes on prior to going out. He never once showed interest in her. She was sure she would remember if there was any flirting or courting, so why he was standing in front of her at the moment was beyond her. She was absolutely sure he hadn't known he existed until that very moment, not once could she recall interacting with him in all of the years they'd gone to school together. They barely had overlapping classes. So why? Why was he there and why did her gut tell her something was up?

He must think I'm completely dense. "Sorry. I'm going to have to decline."

He looked flabbergasted, his big brown eyes almost looking as if they'd bulge right out. "Excuse me?"

"Yeah, look," She was going to give it to him straight, "It's nothing personal it just seems weird that after all this time you're asking me out on a date out of nowhere. A little suspicious if you ask me. Very She's All That meets Carrie. Luckily for you, as far as I'm concerned I don't have telekinesis."

This was the first time she had looked at him up close and it was almost surreal. He looked like a model straight out of Instagram and it irked her how insanely perfect he looked with his charismatic eyes, perfect lips, gorgeous smile, and straight nose. Yeah, no guy who looked like that would, in their right mind, consider going for someone as plain as her. There was a reason she didn't exist and it had a lot to do with how well she blended into the background.

"Is it really that weird?" he asked, and she was caught off guard by the sincerity in his voice.

"You tell me," she challenges with a shrug, "It's been like ten years and suddenly I exist. I just find it hard to believe that you're genuinely interested in me."

His eye narrowed slightly as if willing her to be convinced by him. "Things change."

But Min was no full, no matter how dubiously handsome he was she'd stick to her instincts."I don't believe that."

He sighed, adjusting his bag on one shoulder and running his fingers through his dark, messy locks with his free hand."How can I prove it to you?"

"If you're being serious," she huffed finally grabbing her belongings from her locker and closing it with a small thud, "Then you're just going to have to figure it out."

 

+++++

 

Four Months Later

"Thanks, man," Suho said, grabbing the large bag of popcorn and extra-large soda from the guy tending to the concession stand.

Heading straight for the first theater, evidently the biggest theater, he he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter