Book One: Ninth Tale

Multitales: ExoMin (NEW UPDATES!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   B o o k O n e  
IX. Min x Chen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Min walked through the back entrance of the establishment she worked at and headed straight for the door that read 'Employees Only' to place her things inside her locker before taking off her leather jacket and placing it on the hook inside. She checked her attire in the body-length mirror, adjusting her black short-sleeved cropped top and smoothing down her black high-waisted leggings, as she checked and double checked to make sure she was looking good. She wore her favorite pair of ankle boots for comfort and added height and retouched her smoky makeup and short blonde locks. Feeling confident in how she looked she finally closed the locker and headed out and up the stairs to the second floor. 

"Min!" She was immediately greeted by one of her fellow co-workers and smiled as she walked over behind the bar to extend her arms out to pull her bestfriend Irene into a hug. "Damn, girl.  Looking good."

Min laughed and then complimented Irene on her own fashionista-like attire.  "Not as fine as you, girl." The two girls laughed and continued with the light banter as they started taking out some of the liquor from beneath the bar to set them up in the bins of ice behind them. 

The two worked in a very popular spot in Hongdae, a hipster-style townhouse that served as a restaurant in the bottom floor, a club at the pool house, and a bar on the second floor which was decorated with comfortable vintage couches and chairs in order to exhibit a homey environment. It was basically the ultimate hang-out spot that catered to the artistic and to those who just enjoyed a chill night with their friends.

On certain nights it held certain events, and that Thursday night was one of those nights. Min's favorite night, in fact. For a certain reason. And that reason suddenly walked up the stairs, making Irene straighten as she patted her friend on the back to get her to turn to look.

"What? I'm-" Min's attention was captured immediately, making her stop mid-sentence to look at the man she had been crushing on for an embarrassingly long amount of time.

"Don't you just love Open Mic Night?" Irene teased with a sly smirk as she looked over at Min who was still staring at him as he made his way toward the small  stage in the back which was already surrounded by groupies clad in barely-there dresses, tops, shorts, or skirts.

Min sighed, slightly frustrated with herself and drew her attention away from him before picking up a glass to start wiping it with a fresh new rag. "It's okay."

Irene's mouth was pressed into a straight line as she glanced over at Min and then back at the mysterious singer who stole her bestfriend's heart. He was a good looking guy, no doubt. Not to mention he had an incredible voice, but from the moment she saw the way Min gaped at him the first time he performed, she knew she was love struck.

It was later in the night, when the venue slowly started becoming a little fuller that he began his three-song set with his trust guitar by his side. He started with two covers: 4Men's 'Baby Baby' and then Ha DongKyun's 'Please Love Her'. Then moved on to his own original song that he had personally composed and written himself. Strumming his acoustic guitar along, he began singing, his beautiful and soulful voice immediately captivating everyone in the room.

"Anyway, I really like you
You hugged me when I was quietly smiling, babe
I waited for today, for your sweetness
Look at me, I’ll protect you, babe
I dream every day
Of holding your hand and flying forever, until always"

Min was one of those who was captivated. As she always was whenever he sang. But something about the lyrics totally drew her in further than usual. She listened close and found hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter