Clue #12: The Messed Maze.

Clueless

 

 

The team member has three time decreased. From twelve... To six... And now it was just four of them. Wooyoung was the only guy left, with Yoonyoung, Mirae, and Sooyun to guard.

The mansion has taken all of their friends, their loves, their brothers. Their anger were now as big as their sadness that they weren't quite sure anymore which part was bigger than the other.

But now they didn't have another choice. Faith has brought them here, and all that left for them to do was just finish what they has started. No turning back.

Sooyun was still sobbing on Wooyoung's chest, they hadn't move anywhere from the inter-junction, the one that he was sure enough wasn't there when he was with Khun.

"You might be panic that you hallucinate it or..." Yoonyoung tried to explain the sudden 'appearance' of the inter-junction, while she herself wasn't sure of what she was saying.

"I swear to God it wasn't here when Khun and I..." Wooyoung hands were shaking as he mention the name. "But it can't just mysteriously appear after... Ah... I don't know."

"Wooyoung-ie, take a deep breath. We need to think this straight. Do you remember which way the door is?" Mirae tried to calm herself down as she asked about it.

"I told you it supposed to be there. It supposed to be a way straight to...there." Wooyoung pointed out his index finger to a solid brick in front of him.

"Think again, Wooyoung-ie." Mirae pushed him a little bit harder this time.

"I won't die here. We have to get out." Yoonyoung joined her. She was about to cry again.

Wooyoung knew it was going to be hard for him to handle three girls in once, especially in the situation like this. He closed his eyes tight, try to think clearly. "How could there suddenly be a inter-junction while there wasn't before?" There was only one option. Right or left?

"Right." Sooyun wiped her tears and tried to help her friends. If Mirae could be that strong, why wouldn't she? She was the one who taught her that earlier, right? "I think we have to go right."

"Girls?" Wooyoung asked the other two for an agreement as they both nod in unions. "Okay, then to the right we go."

With heavy steps and deep long sigh, Wooyoung walked towards the hall on his right, followed by the girls behind her.

 

*****

 

"The door!" Wooyoung screamed. He ran towards the exact same door he saw with Khun just an hour ago before he disappeared. "This is the door! We're here!"

The girls ran behind him as they approached. The door was opened already. "It's unlock already." Said Wooyoung to them. "Maybe Khun has succeeded. Maybe he is okay!"

Sooyun didn't let herself to hope too high, but she was very happy to have that idea in mind. "Yeah, you're right. We should keep on going. Maybe we'll meet him along the way." She said.

Instead of another hall or big, spaceful room behind the door as they imagined it would be, there was only one small room, a dusky one, with a wooden staircase led to upstairs in the middle of the room.

"We're heading upstairs with that thing?" Mirae asked. "You sure it's strong enough to support our weight?"

"If Khun could..." Sooyun said with bright eyes. "Maybe we..."

"What if he was never here?" Yoonyoung said to herself, so quite that it was barely audible. But Sooyun heard it. And soon the brightness in her eyes were gone.

"She's right." She said to herself. "What if he never made it?"

"So, upstairs or not?" Wooyoung asked the girls again. They looked at each other and rose their shoulders.

"We're here already. We should try." Yoonyoung suggested. "Girls?"

"I'm with you." Said Mirae. "Sooyun-ie?"

"Arasso." She answered simple.

"I'll be on your back." Said Wooyoung, signed the girls to go up first. Mirae went first, and then Sooyun. When it was just him and Yoonyoung in the small room, Wooyoung sighed.

"Your turn." He said.

"Wooyoung-ie..." Yoonyoung paused at the third staircase. "Do you really think we can go out? All of us? All who are left? Do you think he'll get us again? Do you..." She hadn't finish her sentence when Wooyoung approached to her and kiss her on her lips.

They paused for several seconds after that until Sooyun called out for their names. "Yoonyoung-ie, Wooyoung-ie, you guys there? It's very empty up here. Looks like it's another hall."

He let go of the kiss and look deeply into Yoonyoung's eyes. "You have to trust yourself. Trust me. Trust us." Said Wooyoung. "I won't let him get you. I promise."

Yoonyoung's lips were sealed. She didn't know how to react to the sudden action Wooyoung just took. "Guys?" This time Mirae was the one who called out.

"We're here. Just a second. I slipped my shoe." Said Yoonyoung without removing her eyes off of Wooyoung's. "You too, sir. Promise me you'll be okay. Can you?"

He just smiled. Didn't know he has to be happy or sad. Somehow he knew that this togetherness won't be long. But he was glad that he finally did it. Years ago, he wouldn't even think of it to happen.

"Ya! Answer me, you babo!"

"I hope so. Let's move."

Yoonyoung moved upstairs and Wooyoung looked at her from behind. Suddenly, an uneasy feeling strucked into his heart.

 

*****

 

They all got themselves upstairs, but what weird about it was that the hall look exactly the same as the one they saw and walked in before, exactly.

"Hey, I feel like I've been here before..." Said Yoonyoung.

"I told you, it's looks like the exact same hall." Said Sooyun. "It feels weird."

Everyone looked at Wooyoung who still stared blankly at the empty hall tunnel-like in front of him. "We should keep on moving."

So they moved, they went straight until they reached another inter-junction that looked exactly the same like the one they saw before. "Right again, Sooyun-ah?" Asked Wooyoung.

Sooyun turned her head to her left and then to her right. Tried herbest let her woman's intuition to lead her. "Right again, it is."

And then to the right they moved. After several minutes they walked, they faced a wooden door that looked exactly the same as the one they saw before.

"Is it me or is it the same door Khun has succeeded to unlock?" Mirae asked in confusion.

"It sure looks the same." Wooyoung frowned his eyebrows, looked confused himself as he walked approach it and took a peek inside the room behind the door. "It is the same room."

Yoonyoung took a peek too to make sure that what Wooyoung was telling was right. And he was. It was the exact same room, the small and dusky room with a wooden staircase in the middle of it. It was crystal clear. "But...how?"

"The maze is on...don't you all remember what the man said before he disappeared again?" Sooyun gasped as she realized it.

"Ah... You mean, he's playing trick on us?" Mirae asked.

Wooyoung closed the door and circled his watch on its handle for a sign. "Let's move. Maybe we should have turned left. Come on, let's turn to the inter-junction again."

So they moved again, turned their backs on that door and moved. They traced the same track all over again, maybe it was the third time that day. Yoonyoung and Wooyoung walked in the front line while Sooyun and Mirae walk in their backs.

"I try not to sound so worse, but I don't think he'll let us out." Yoonyoung whispered to Wooyoung. She was scared. She was very scared. But she knew, no matter how scared she was, it brought her no help to get out of the mansion.

Wooyoung said nothing to her. He just hold her hand in his and put their hands inside his pocket to keep them warm. Somehow, the hall has turned out to be so cold.

"Sooyun-ie, Mirae-ah... Do you feel cold?" Asked Wooyoung as he turned his head back. "."

Yoonyoung frowned. "What?"

"They're gone."

Yoonyoung turned her back and found her back empty. Sooyun and Mirae was nowhere in sight.

 

*****

 

Sooyun and Mirae walked side by side, they began to feel the coldness too as they started to shiver a little bit. "Wooyoung-ie, are we still far from the inter-junction?" No answer.

"Ya! Wooyoung-ie!" Mirae walked faster ahead and stopped. "Where are they?"

"Who?" Sooyun asked as she blew a warm air to her palms and patted them together to make it even more warmer.

"Wooyoung-ie and Yoonyoung-ie."

"What?!" Sooyun walked approach Mirae and shouted, "Ya! Wooyoung-ie! Yoonyoung-ie!" No answer, only silence.

They looked at each other in fear. They had been divided, coincidence or not, it was just the two of them, alone.

Suddenly, a long sigh heard behind them as a cold breeze wiped their hairs in a slow motion. They both gasped and held each other tight. "Who's there?" Mirae shouted.

Maybe, it was not just the two of them, they were not alone.

 

*****

 

"Now what?" Yoonyoung started to cry, she was panic. She never knew it was going to be this fast. Neither was Wooyoung. He knew something bad was going to happen, but not this soon.

"The door." Wooyoung grabbed Yoonyoung's hand and walked fast towards one direction. "We should stay in that room and lock the place down until we find out what to do."

None of them could think of another plan right now so they both walked to the small room Wooyoung referred to earlier. They kept on walking until they saw the door again. Weird. Wooyoung's watch was not there.

"You sure it's the same one?" Yoonyoung asked, felt dizzy suddenly. Everything seemed so look-a-like now in her eyes, everything looked suddenly the same.

Wooyoung didn't answer, instead, he dragged her into the room and closed back the door behind him. His face was pale. Yoonyoung was never see him this scared. His hands were shaking as he started to move heavy things to block the door. She wanted to help but she couldn't move her hand, her brain was still trying to figure out something out.

Suddenly, another wooden door that they hadn't realize was there opened slowly letting out a creepy squeak sound. Yoonyoung turned her back quick spontaneously.

"Stay away from the door!" Wooyoung hadn't had time to move when suddenly something grabbed Yoonyoung's feet and dragged her into the dark room behind the door.

"Kyaaa! No! Wooyoung-ie!" Wooyoung was quick enough to grab her hand and kick whatever that was trying to get her in. After that, Yoonyoung felt the grip was gone. She crawled away from the door, along with Wooyoung, and cried.

"What's that?! What's that?!" She shouted in panic.

"Sshh... It's okay. It's gone." Wooyoung held her tiny face in his hands. "You're okay. You're okay."

It hadn't been a minute left when suddenly the grip came back, this time, Wooyoung was the one who felt it. None of them were ready for it, so when Wooyoung's body slipped and dragged quickly into the room as the door shut and locked, Yoonyoung could only scream.

"No!!!" She stood up and approached to the door, banging it like crazy. She knew it was no use. But she didn't stop. She was all alone.