Clue #11: The Unexpected.

Clueless

It was another shock for all of them; for Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Yoonyoung, Mirae, and Sooyun, that all that they could do was just staring blankly to the solid wall in front of them, without even do any effort to make it open again. Except for Mirae.

Mirae kept on sobbing as her hands kept on punching on the wall as if what she did could bring her boyfriend Junho back to her.

After seconds of the awkward silence, Yoonyoung came approach her crying friend and kneeled beside her, hugged her from her right side to give her comfort.

"Mirae-ah... I know it's hard for you, maybe harder than all of us feel. But you have to remain strong, that way we can keep on moving forward together to get out from this mansion. Arasso?" Yoonyoung kept on patting on Mirae's back.

"I don't know whether I still want to get out from this mansion or not. And without Junho here..." Mentioned about her boyfriend made her sob even more.

Wooyoung stared at her in a sympathic way but couldn't find the right words to comfort her. All of these times, Mirae had been one of the toughest girl among all, had been complaining the less, and now, there she was, sobbing in front of her friends, turned out to be the most fragile.

Wooyoung kneeled beside Yoonyoung, his eyes stucked in Mirae's wet eyes. "I'm sorry." Was all he could say to her. And then there was another long silence as the others joined them to give Mirae comfort.

After several minutes passed by, Nichkhun stood up in front of his friends and once again played as the team alpha, "Guys... I know we're in our bottom line now. But we have to keep moving. Either way our effort to enter the secret passage will be all useless."

"But I don't want to go." Mirae said again, kept on holding to her words.

"But we have to keep together..." Wooyoung tried to make her change her mind, but it only made it worse.

"You guys go, then. I'll stay here."

"But we can't go without you, Mirae-ah. We have to stay together." Khun rose his tone.

"We aren't together anymore, anyway Khun! Or can't you see?!" Mirae stood up quickly and shouted back at Khun. "Do you see Chaerim anywhere? Or Taecyeon? Or Chansung? Or Misun or Leesung or Junsu or..." She wanted to say Junho but she couldn't stand it, the tears kept on falling on her cheeks.

"I know how you feel towards Junho, we all feel that way too about losing him... But..." Yoonyoung tried to help Khun.

"No! You don't know how it feels because you still got Wooyoung here with you! And you, Khun! You don't know how it feels because you still got her with you!" Mirae cried as her finger pointed out to Sooyun. "None of you know how I feel! I can't move! Not with him out there!"

Sooyun, unexpectedly, walked towards Mirae and slapped her once, once and hard, made her stop her crying and stared at her in confusion.

"I may not know how you feel exactly. Because we're not you. But think of this. Think of how Junho want you to survive this journey, how sad would he be if you chose to stay here on your own and made his sacrifice all useless. Think of how he would feel about that and stop thinking about how you're feeling yourself, would you?! We came here together and so we will when we're out. Think. Not with your heart. But with your brain. You're our friend. So is Junho. As precious as the others. Please understand us too." For the first time, Sooyun talked this long with Mirae, for the first time after years of their cold war.

Mirae's lips were shaking, once again she cried. But Sooyun hugged her this time, hugged her tight and whisper. "You can cry, but you can't give up. Not now, not before we get out. Arasso?"

Mirae nodded silently in her hug. It seemed like the bond between both girls has all fell into pieces. Others could just smile looked at them both. Sooyun signaled her boyfriend Khun to keep moving forward. Wooyoung and Yoonyoung walked out first towards Khun, while Sooyun and Mirae walked together in the back line.

 

*****

 

They walked through the dark hall, eventhough it wasn't as dark as they thought it would be, they still squinted their eyes several times to sharpen their sights.

The hall was dim, some corner even had some old yellow bulbs hang over it. But it didn't help in cleared their sight since the bulb kept on and off continuously.

Khun was walking on the front row while all the three remained girls walked together in the middle and Wooyoung walked in the back line. The hall seemed to be endless for them. They felt like they had walked for miles but hadn't find any turns or ends.

"Maybe it's just another trap for us. If not, the voice wouldn't guide us to enter the door, would he?" Yoonyoung started to feel tired that all that she could think was the worst.

"Ya! Why you are so pessimist? Keep walking. We'll get out soon." Said Wooyoung.

"But I'm tired. Aren't you?"

"Well..." Wooyoung was tired too, but he was afraid that Khun wouldn't like the idea of stopping for a while.

"I think we need to stop for a while." Said Sooyun read up his mind. Khun wouldn't reject it if it came from his girlfriend's mouth.

"Arasso. We'll rest here. Mirae, are you feeling alright? You look pale." He said as they started to sit on the cold cement.

"I'm fine. Just a little bit thirsty, that's all."

"Ah... We don't have any food or drinks with us. I just remembered! Ottokhae?" Yoonyoung cried out holding her tummy.

"Me too. I'm thirsty. Maybe that's what makes us very tired. We haven't eat anything but the breakfast. And then...none." Khun agreed.

"Maybe we should take a rest. You girls could sleep while Khun and I search for a way to get out." Said Wooyoung. Everyone looked to the team alpha questionly and he was nodding in answer.

"You'll leave us three here? But you said yourself we have to stick together!"

"We'll be back, Mirae-ah... It's only a one way tunnel anyway, we'll let you know if something's going on. Okay? Don't worry." Khun tried to comfort Mirae who started to look panic again. It was obvious that she had no strength left to face another lose.

"It's okay. You're here with us. Our boys are strong. They can look after themselves. They'll only be gone for a while. We'll take a nap and find them beside us again when we wake up. Right, Wooyoung-ie?" Yoonyoung looked for a comfort and strength in Wooyoung's eyes and she turned to be very afraid when she found none. Wooyoung himself looked scared somehow.

"Yeah, she's right. We can look after ourselves. Go take some rest so you can walk again and soon, get out from this mansion." Wooyoung answered with a smile, caused his eyes to disappeared.

Khun hugged Sooyun tightly before he went, and laid a kiss on her forehead before he stood up and headed towards the darkness in front of them. "Come on, Wooyoung-ie."

"Ne." Wooyoung walked closer towards Khun as he started to walk towards the darkness. At first he wanted to walk straight to him, but then he stopped in front of Yoonyoung. "Are you feeling cold? Your nose is red. You look so stupid. Here." Wooyoung let go of his jacket and gave it to Yoonyoung. No hug. He just smiled and went, joined Khun as they disappeared into the darkness.

 

*****

 

"I like you."

"What?"

Khun's cheeks went all red that day, the day when he confessed to Sooyun. He knew that she would reject him right away, he knew exactly where her heart was. But he still want her to know his feeling. At least she knew.

"I really like you, Sooyun-ah. Maybe even more than you like Junho. Hehehe" Khun tried to sound like he was joking, afraid to hurt her, while in fact he was dead serious about what he was saying.

"What...are you talking about? This is not funny." Sooyun was about to get away when Khun suddenly grabbed her wraist. "What do you want with me, Khun?"

"Nothing. Just for you to listen."

"I listened. I did." Sooyun moved her head away. This what Khun was most afraid of. That everything between Sooyun and him would change. But it didn't happen. She then smiled, even if she didn't move her head. "And I thank you. That...so sweet of you."

"I'm sorry?"

"I'm glad you tell me. I wish I have the same courage."

Khun looked at the way she was looking. And then he saw them. Mirae and Junho, they were holding hands together, laughed like the world belonged to them, and to them only.

"You still like him a lot, do you?" Khun asked.

"Yeah... Maybe not as much as you like me. Hahaha" Sooyun joked out Khun's words and repeated it all to him. "But it seemed like he like Mirae more, right?"

"You can't predict one's heart." Khun smiled to himself. "I can't predict myself for liking you this much either."

Sooyun turned her back to face Khun, she smiled at him, nothing more, not even move a little bit closer to him. And then tears started to fall. In that very second, she really wished, really hoped, that her heart belonged to this nice man in front of her. If only.

 

*****

 

Wooyoung and Nichkhun walked side by side slowly together in a straight line. They had been walking for almost 30 minutes and felt very exhausted already that they almost gave up and decided to come back to the group and tell them that they found nothing.

But just as they about to came back to where the girls were staying, Khun spotted a wooden door on the end of the corner. The corner has an end!

"Hey, look!" Khun ran towards the door. "We can get out! It must be a way out!"

"What?" Wooyoung ran towards his friend to make sure that what he saw was not his hallucination only. "Hey, it's a door! Is it locked?"

"I'll handle this. You go call the girls."

"What about you?"

"I'm going to work on the door. I won't go anywhere. You won't lost yourself, will you?"

"Of course not. It's a long straight way." Said Wooyoung. "Just... Sign me, anything, if you need any help, okay?"

"I'll be fine. There's no one here but us anyway. You go back here quick. Okay?" Khun insisted as he kept on trying to made the door unlock with the old key that hung on its hole.

"Arasso." Wooyoung walked fast in a straight line towards where the girls had been waiting for them.

 

*****

 

". What makes it so difficult to open? Ya!" Khun talked to himself as he kept on trying to unlock the door by swing the key to the right. But the key seemed to stuck somehow that it wouldn't move, no matter how hard he has tried.

And then suddenly, Khun felt a cold breeze on his neck, along with a soft sigh. He quickly turned his back, faced the empty room behind him. No one.

He went back to the door and struggled, and the cold breeze came again. The sound of the sigh has became more audible this time, made him all shivering. He turned his back again just to found nothing.

"Wooyoung-ie? Is that you?" Khun shouted to the thin air in front of him.

The door behind him opened up, let out a giant squeak sound, and then he felt strong hands grabbed him on his neck. Cold.

 

*****

 

"Guys! Khun has found a way out! Come on! Let's go there!" Wooyoung ran towards the girls with a big grin on his face, showed that he wasn't lying.

Mirae stood up quick, looked very glad to hear the good news. "Really? Really Wooyoung-ie?!"

"Where's Khun?" Sooyun asked worriedly. "Why isn't he with you?"

"Ah... He's there in front of the door, trying to unlock it for us. Let's go there." Said Wooyoung as he checked up on Yoonyoung. "Ya, Rudolph. You okay now? We will get out! You hear that?"

"Ya! Be nice to me just once, could you?!"

"AAAKKK!!!" A scream heard from the end of the hall. All heads turned to that way with terrified expressions. Their happiness has somehow turned to ashes.

"Oh, no..." Wooyoung ran fast towards the sound as the girls ran behind him. "Nichkhun!!!"

Sooyun ran the fastest among all, she had made her way to the front row already and then stopped when she met an inter-junction in front of her. With a full panic, she shouted to Wooyoung who was still running behind him, "Wooyoung, which way?!"

Wooyoung sounded confused behind her. "What? We go straight!"

"Which ing way?!"

"Straight, goddamnit!" Wooyoung shouted. But as soon as he joined Sooyun stood there faced the inter-junction, his jaw dropped. "What the..."

"Which...ing...way...Wooyoung-ie?" Sooyun asked again, tears began to fall on her cheeks.

Mirae and Yoonyoung were right behind them, they could smell something very wrong. Very, very wrong.

"There's no inter-junction here before. I swear."

"AAAKKK!!!" Khun's scream was heard again, but it was hard to tell from which way did the scream came from.

"Khunnie!!!" Sooyun shouted to the empty spaces in front of her, hoped to hear an answer, and then there was only silence.

"Looks like the maze is on." The mysterious voice suddenly came back again. His voice echoed on the hall that looked like a giant tunnel. His laugh filled the room, made them freeze on their spots.

Sooyun cried as she hugged Wooyoung, she knew that there was no hope left for her to see her boyfriend for the last time. It was the last kiss Khun gave him earlier on her forehead. It hurted her so bad to know it.

Mirae and Yoonyoung stared in disbelief. It was not long ago when they lost Junho, and now they had to face another lost. It was worst, it was their team alpha.

Wooyoung was the only guy know. He had to remain strong. Therefore he dare himself to ask, "What do you want?"

The voice answered as calm as always. "Left can be right, and right can be left. You can turn and move forward, but there's no turning back..."