A little bit of trouble

Getting His Voice Back

Gen rubs her eyes as she makes her way down her stairs to the living room. There she sees Onew sitting on the couch with a big bowl of cereal in his lap. She smiles; as soon as they get home he eats. She gave him some credit though; he did take a nap before going to the kitchen. She walks over to him and sits next to him. She puts her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes.

“Can I open it now?” Without looking at her Onew reaches over the side of the couch and grabs the yellow striped bag and hands it to her.

Gen is ecstatic. She hurriedly goes through the gift paper in search of her gift. When she finds it she lifts it up to her eyes and stares at it. Two sweaters, that is what she sees. She looks at Onew with confusion.

“What is this?” Onew smiles.

“It's couple fashion. In Korea two people that are best friends or dating match each other. Since we are both, I thought I would buy something to tell everyone were together.” Gen smiles. That's so sweet.

She unfolds the sweaters to look at them thoroughly. “Oh! One is a sweater dress and one is a sweater. Onew this is so cute.”

sweater dress

She holds her sweater dress to her to measure the length. It's a little short, but it's nothing some leggings can't fix. She puts her head back on Onew's shoulder, satisfied with her gift. She told herself she was going to do something when she was alone with Onew, but she can't remember. 

She quietly hums to herself as she thinks. OH YEA! She lifts her head and looks at Onew. He, turns away from the TV he is watching and looks back at her. He smiles, but she does not, which makes his smile fall right off his face. He puts the bowl down on the coffee table and takes her hands in his.

“I'm sorry I ate the last pop tart.” Gen opens to say something, but stops.

“YOU DID WHAT! Wait… that's not what I wanted to talk about.” She pauses to look in his eyes. “Why didn't you got to Chuseok in September?” Onew leans back onto the sofa.

“I don't know.”

“Yes you do. You can't miss these important holidays. You said Chuseok is an important holiday in your country. Why didn't you go back?”

“Because I didn't. Ok. I didn't want to.” Onew looks at Gen annoyed. Gen ignores it and presses on.

“Well, next important holiday, you're going back. You need to see your family anyways.” Gen got up, taking her gift with her and slowly walks back to her room. Onew laughs to himself. When did she get so bossy?

{}{}}}

 

 The rest of November went by and Onew finds himself, once again, packing his bags. Gen gave him strict instructions. He has to leave for Korea and spend time with his family during Christmas and to stay until New Year's. Gen failed to realize that Koreans celebrate the lunar New Year, so she won't be seeing him until February 19. She immediately regretted her words, but stuck to them. That's why Onew is packing and Gen is quietly sitting on his bed watching him, sad that he is going to be gone for so long.

“Stop looking like that.” Onew says zipping up his last bag. Gen groans and flops back against his bed.

“You're going to be gone so long! What am I going to do? Who am I going to spend time with? Jaquan?” Rolling his eyes, Onew gets up from the floor and makes his way over to Gen. Gen sits up and looks at him.

He places his hand on her thigh and looks her in the eyes. “Time will fly by. And we will talk every day. Ok?” Gen nods and crosses her arms.

Onew leans towards her and place his lips onto Gen's. Gen invites his tongue inter mouth as they slowly start to descend onto the bed. Onew moves on top of her and between her legs, letting his hips rest on her hers. He lifts his hands to her head and lightly runs his finger through her hair, knowing that Gen loves that. She smiles through the kiss, the sensation if Onew's fingers massaging her scalp making her roll her eyes. She rubs her hands up and down his back, telling him she likes it and in return he presses his pelvis into hers.

He buries his face into her soft neck and lets out a quiet moan. Gen makes him feel so good. Just holding her and doing little things makes him feel so good. His hands leave her hair and makes their way down her shoulders, to her arms, and over to her sides. He rubs her there and slowly makes his way up to her . Onew wouldn't call himself adventurous, but he can't help be, with Gen. She just brought the dirty out of him.

One of Onew's hands lands on her and rubs, causing Gen to jump, while the other makes its way to her stomach. When it gets there and starts to rub Gen suddenly gets up and lightly pushes Onew off of her. Onew rolls to the other side of the bed and lays there, not really registering that he is off of Gen. Gen gets up and puts her shaky arms around herself, suddenly feeling self-conscious. 

After realizing, Onew sits up on the bed and looks up at Gen in confusion. Gen looks back at him but shyly looks back down to the floor. She peeks up and looks down to his pants and her face gets hot. Onew follows her eyes and hurriedly places a pillow on top of his lap. Trying to act like he doesn't have a hard on, Onew returns his gaze to Gen. 

“What's the matter?” Thinking of a believable excuse, Gen makes her way to Onew's bedroom door.

“It's time for you to go, and I don't want you to miss your flight.” Onew looks at the clock on his wall and jumps up. He has to meet Jaquan outside right now. He grabs the bags on his bedroom floor and exits the room. He passes Gen on his way, but stops and returns to her. He places a sweet kiss on her lips then continues to run to the door.

Gen lets out a pent up breath and leans on the hallway wall. She is going to miss that boy.

{}{}}}

 

Onew leans back on his seat and takes a deep breath. 11 hours from Washington to Seoul. He brought books and magazines, watched a couple of movies, but none of that could make time go faster. He took naps and conversed with other passengers, he even taught a little girl a few words of Korean, but still time went by slow. It was all nervousness though. On his way to Washington from Seoul he had a blast. It felt like he was only up there for two hours. 

He closes his eyes and hums to himself, letting the warm early morning air flowing through the car windows, blowing his nervousness away. Jonghyun slyly peeks at Onew while he drives. It's 6:00 in the morning; Jonghyun hasn't personally seen Onew in over 6 months; how come he hasn't gotten a big hug or an ecstatic smile from the guy? All he has gotten is a small smile and a hey. What has America done to his best friend? He decides to ask him, knowing guessing will not answer his questions.

“Hey Jinki, what is your deal?” Onew opens one eye and looks over to Jonghyun.

“Nothing.”

“Then why are you so quiet.” Onew shrugs his shoulders, pretending that he doesn't know.

“I'm just enjoying the sensation of being back home.” Jonghyun nods and continues to drive Onew to his parent's house.

“Once I drop you off, go to sleep. We don't want you to be sleepy when we take you out for dinner tonight.” Onew lifts his head.

“Who are we?”

“You know… Key, Taemin, Minho, and I. We are going to take you out and catch up.” Onew worries. All of Shinee together in a restaurant? “It's a private place, just the five of us.” Onew relaxes, the last thing he wants is a storm of reporters and fans asking him questions.

Jonghyun stops the car and parks it in front of Onew's parent's house. “Remember, go to sleep. See you tonight.” Onew only brought two bags with him so it wasn't needed that Jonghyun help him, so he exits the vehicle and walks up the stairs. He hears the car horn blow and Jonghyun scream out the car. “BYE!!” Onew waves behind him and enters the house.

Its dark inside but the kitchen light is on. He quietly walks to the kitchen, being mindful that his parents are sleeping. He sees a note on the kitchen table with his name on it and walks to it, opening it. It is a simple piece of paper that holds the message ‘Welcome home my wonderful son’. Onew smiles while putting the note in his back pocket. He sits his bags under the table and walks over to the fridge to get a glass of water. He needs to take his medicine before he goes in a fit again. 

After getting a glass of ice cold water Onew opens one of his bags to retrieve his pills. He digs his hands into the bag, but comes up with nothing. He doesn't freak though. He opens the other bag and digs through it as well, but still comes up with nothing. Now he freaks. He pats himself up and down thinking he maybe put it in his pocket or something, then he goes through his bags again hoping he did a bad job of looking the first time. However he comes up with nothing. 

He slams down in a chair. How could he forget the most important thing to pack? Just his luck, now how is he going to hide this from his parents? Onew could cough once and his parents would be on him like dust on a video tape player, asking him millions of questions. Then they would find out and not allow him to go back to America. That means no more Gen.

Onew thinks. Maybe if he goes to the drug store, he could find some kind of cough medicine to help him. He looks at the time on his watch. He has enough time to take a nap and go to the store, before Jonghyun picks him back up for their get together. Onew picks up his bags and make his way to his room. He wasn't really tired but a nap wouldn't hurt.

{}{}}}

 

Onew fixes his hair in his bedroom mirror, getting ready for his dinner when his father peeks his head through the door. He walks up behind him and places his hands on his shoulders. He looks Onew in the eyes through the mirror and lightly smiles. Nothing is said between the two, but a lot is spoken through each other's eyes.

Onew turns and hugs his father. Feeling his father's arms wrap around him, Onew smiles. “I missed you dad.”

“I missed you too son.” They let each other go. “So how is America?” Onew sits on his bed and his father follows.

“It's great. I'm having a great time.”

“That's good. You seem happy, a kind of happy I haven't seen you be in a while. Have you made any friends over there?” Onew nods.

“A couple. I live with them.” 

“Oh really? That's good, don't want you to be lonely over there.” it is silent for a minute, before he continues. “So do you intend on staying there permanently?” Onew looks over to his dad.

“No I intend on coming back. Why do you ask this?”

“Well, now that you aren't in Shinee anymore, your mother and I are wandering when and where you are going to settle down. We want you to stay in Korea and since you are not super busy, we would like you to think about a family.” Onew swallows hard. He knew this day would come, but he expected it many years later.

Onew looks down at his hands. All he could do is nod. He didn't want to talk about it, starting a family is one thing he is not ready for. He looks at the time on his clock sitting on his dresser. Jonghyun will be picking him up in two minutes and he has to put his shoes and jacket on. He looks at his father and stands up.

“I have to go. Jonghyun will be here any minute and I want to meet him outside.” His father nods and stands up. He walks to the door and looks back to his son. He doesn't say anything but he does wave. 

He exits and Onew sits back down on his bed. He puts his head in his hands and rubs them down his face. *what a “wonderful” conversation*

{}{}}}

 

“So how about you tell us about this Gen girl.” Key says before putting a spoon full of food in his mouth. 

Onew looks up in shock. For the last 30 minutes the guys have been doing nothing but laugh, joke, catch up, and eat. It's been perfect nothing but happiness since they arrived at the restaurant. However, (Onew knew this too) someone had to bring up his girlfriend. Not that he doesn't mind talking about her, but to be honest, it's a touchy subject, especially after his conversation with Minho. Especially since he is talking to four guys that don't have much experience around foreigners. Key is an exception, but the rest of them?

“How do you know about Gen?” Onew is talking to Key. Either Minho or Taemin told.

“Minho told me,” Key states. Onew looks over to Minho who is quietly playing with his food. He turns back to Key.

“Gen is my roommate… we are dating also.” Jonghyun's mood pops up.

“You are dating again? What does she look like?” Jonghyun says interested. Onew picks his phone out of his back pocket and goes through it. He finds a picture, and then lifts it up for the whole table to see.

Jonghyun's eyes widen and so does Key's. Taemin is surprised as well. He has heard about Gen, but Onew never showed a picture of her to him, he just asked for advice. Onew knew that they would react like that, and thought it to be funny that they did. He smiles and lightly laughs at his younger friends. 

“She is really pretty Jinki,” Key says putting down his eating utensil to grab the phone. “And she wanted to be with you?” The smile on Onew's face quickly disappears. Key gives the phone to Taemin so he could give it to Jonghyun. 

“She is full figured.” After looking at her he hands the phone back to Onew. “I always knew you liked full figured women.”

Onew turns red and puts his phone back into his pocket. He is glad they didn't say anything negative.

“I'm happy to see you're dating, I'm also happy that you're happy. You seem to glow now,” Key says.

“Yes I am happy.” Onew pauses. “Can I ask you all a question though?” He pauses again to think. “I really like Gen, and I don't have that long a time left in America. I don't want to leave her; I want to be with her for a long time.” Minho, who has been silent ever since Gen was brought up, finally speaks.

“Like marriage, long time?” Onew shakes his head.

“I haven't looked that far in the future, but I can't see us not together. What do I do?”

Taemin puts his elbows on the table and leans on his hands. “You could stay in America with her.” Onew shakes his head again.

“My parents want me back here. My dad and I had a conversation about that before Jonghyun picked me up. They miss me, and now that I'm not as busy as I used to be, they want me to settle down and spend more time with them.” Onew sits back and relaxes, thinking.

“Well, Jinki I told you how I feel about this…” Onew looks down to his feet under the table. Minho sees this. “… but, if you really like Gen, you should try. I feel bad about what I said, I still think I'm right, but, I shouldn't have said that.” Everyone else at the table looks back and forth between Onew and Minho, not understanding what is going on. What did Minho say?

“It's ok. You saying that made me think and I really needed to think about all of this. I realized I want to be with Gen no matter what color she is. So thank you,” Onew says.

“What did Minho say?” Taemin asks, lost like the others.

Onew waves his question off. “Nothing important now. It's all in the past.”

{}{}}}

 

The next day Onew sits on his bed waiting for Gen to answer her Skype. It's 2:00 in the afternoon there, so it should at least be 12:00 in the morning back in Washington. She is probably sleep, so after three more minutes, Onew moves to turn his Skype off. However as soon as he begins, Gen's face pops up on the screen.

“Hey Jinki.” She waves to him through her computer screen. Gen's eyes are halfway closed and this makes Onew feel bad.

“Did I wake you up?” Gen shakes her head.

“I left my laptop on when I went to take a shower. I didn't hear my Skype ring until I got out. I was on my way to sleep, but I wasn't sleep.” Onew still feels bad.

“Well go to sleep. We can talk another day.”

Gen nods her head and a yawn escapes . She grabs hold of her laptop and brings it over to her bed. She doesn't want to let go of him just yet. “I'm going to miss you so much,” she says while lying down in her bed.

“I'm going to miss you too.”

“I can't wait until you come back. I bought your Christmas present today. You're going to love it.” Onew's eyes light up.

“You bought me a present? What is it?”

“You're going to have to wait until you come back.”

“Gen that's a really long time,” Onew whines. Gen sleepily giggles.

“Stop whining.” Gen's eyes are starting to close. She tries to keep them up but it's not working.

“Gen I'm going to leave so you can get some rest.” Gen nods again but tells Onew to stop when he reaches to turn off his Skype.

“Sing me a song so I can go to sleep.” Onew freezes for a moment. She wants him to sing a song? He looks over to his bedside table, at the liquid cough medicine sitting there. Then he looks at the beautiful girl on his screen, nearly passing out in front of him. He closes his eyes and says a silent prayer before looking back at Gen.

“Sure…” Onew thinks of a song while Gen gets comfortable in her bed.

Onew starts to sing and Gen's eyes light up. He is singing his song from ‘To the Beautiful You’. She smiles so bright. Onew sees this and smiles. He can't go overboard just because Gen likes his song. He still is sick, he has to be careful not to cough or throw up. So Onew slowly sings and makes sure not to cough.

Gen's eyes slowly close and he sees her relax in her bed. He continues to sing until the song is over and then sits there watching her sleep. She is so pretty he wishes he was there with her, holding her until she woke up the next morning. He would kill to just sleep in the same bed as her. Not to do anything ual, but to be close to her in such an intimate setting. Feeling her soft body enclosed in his. It would be heaven.

Onew is kind of proud of himself. He sung to his girlfriend without having any problems. He didn't cough nor throw up in front of her, he must be getting better. Maybe he can survive his stay here after all. He just has to keep taking medicine.

He closes his laptop after saying goodnight to Gen's sleeping form. He looks up to his ceiling. It's going to be a long time until February.

{}{}}}

 

February 23 (THAT DIDN'T TAKE TOO LONG DID IT? :-P)

 

Gen paces back and forth on her living room floor, waiting on Onew and Jaquan to show up. It's been so long since she has seen him in person. So long since she's been in his presence, so long since she has felt his arms around her, so long since she felt his soft lips on hers. They talked throughout his stay in Korea, but one of them was always on their way to sleep. So it was nothing but sleepy hellos and even sleeper goodbyes.

She looks through the living room window once again and sees a truck pulling into her driveway. HE'S HERE! Gen backs away from the window and stands in front of the door, wanting her to be the first thing Onew sees. She fixes her hair and straightens her clothes out, making herself perfect for him.

She hears footsteps coming up the porch, then a rattle of keys, and a slide of the key going into the lock. She braces herself. She missed him so much and now finally she is going to see him again, touch him again. She can't wait for him to open that door and show his handsome face. The first thing she is going to do, after she attacks his face, is cook him something. She knows he is probably hungry.

The door slightly opens and a mass of dark red hair that is slowly fading back to black pops through. Slowly the face, neck, shoulders and chest of Onew walks through the door. As his body comes into the house Gen can't help but smile. He is back and safe. Onew puts one of his bags down while Jaquan, who is behind him, brings his other bag in. He stands up in front of Gen smiling. Neither one of them move. They don't move an inch until Onew lifts up his arms, inviting Gen in for a hug.

Gen runs into his arms and hugs him hard, it is a little too hard, but Onew doesn't say anything. He embraces her back by wrapping his arms around her too. She lifts her head, softly grabs him by his ears, and leads his lips down to hers. Onew gladly places his lips on Gen's, missing the feeling. However something is off. Ignoring it, Onew takes her body in tighter then stops. That's what's it. Her body doesn't feel the same. 

Gen notices Onew stop and lifts her head to look at him. “What's the matter?” Onew looks down to Gen's body. It doesn't feel the same because it isn't the same. Onew looks at her stomach and hips, noticing that they are smaller. Her arms are too, and so are her legs.

Gen notices Onew looking at her new body and smiles. “I lost a little weight. Don't I look good?” A little? Gen lost a lot of weight.

When Onew left for Korea, Gen set herself on a mission to lose as many pounds as she can before Onew returned. So she set herself on a strict diet consisting on nothing but vegetables, water, and laxatives. Every other week she would treat herself with one cookie from Subway and a soda. It was hard to keep a diet like that going, but Gen did it, and now she looks wonderful. Almost like the girl on the poster back in California, she just needs to lose about 10 more pounds. Now she doesn't have to feel bad when comparing herself with female kpop idols, and Onew's past girlfriends. And she can prevent embarrassment for Onew. Everyone wins.

Does it look good to Onew? He doesn't know. He liked Gen's past shape, and he was kind of hoping he would be coming back to that shape, not the one that is in front of him now. “You look beautiful Gen,” he says. He is not lying; she still looks beautiful, just not as beautiful. He's not going to say anything. Looking at her face she looks very happy, so as long as she is happy he is not going to bring anything up.

Gen separates from Onew and ushers him towards the kitchen. “Jinki I know you're hungry, so just sit down at the table and I'll cook you something right away.” Onew let her lead him to the kitchen but he stops her when he feels a cough coming on.

“I'm not hungry right now, I'm kind of tired. I think I should take a nap before I eat.” Surprised and a little disappointed, Gen nods and lets him go to his room. Onew slowly walks to his room signaling Jaquan to follow him. Noticing Onew didn't take neither one of his bags; Jaquan picks them both up and quickly walk behind him.

In Onew's room, Onew sits on his bed and wipes the sweat off of his forehead. Jaquan see this and is worried. Jaquan thought when he picked Onew up from the airport that Onew would be his usual happy self. However when he first laid eyes and him he looked everything but happy. Onew was sweaty, pale and was walking really slow. He looked really sick and Jaquan was worried. He asked Onew what was wrong, but he said nothing was the matter so Jaquan dropped it.

Now Onew just looks pitiful. Jaquan sits Onew's bags on the floor and makes his way over to his bed. He looks over to the boy who is lying down on his back with his arm over his forehead. “Man, what is the matter? You look horrible.” Onew shakes his head. 

“Nothing is the matter. I'm just a little tired.” he pauses and peeks through his arm at Jaquan.

“So… Gen lost weight.”

“Yep.”

Onew continues to look at Jaquan. “So what is that all about?” Jaquan sighs and leans back on his elbows. He shrugs.

“I don't know what is up with her. One day she is regular happy Gen. And next thing I know she is calorie counting, exercising, skinny Gen.”

“How do you feel about that?” Onew asks, curious.

“I mean, I'm happy that she is happy… but there was nothing wrong with the first Gen. To be honest I prefer the first Gen.”

Onew sits up. “Do you know why she lost all her weight?” Jaquan shakes his head.

“Nope. She wouldn't tell me.” Jaquan stands up and makes his way to the bedroom door. “I got to go dude. Get some sleep and take a hot bath or something, you look horrible.” Jaquan walks out, leaving Onew by himself.

He falls back down on his bed, out of breath. He is so tired, but he is nowhere near sleepy. He slowly gets up and tiptoes to the bathroom, trying not to alert Gen of his presence. When in the bathroom, Onew slowly takes off all his clothes and sits on the edge of the tub. He really didn't feel well. He really should have remembered to pack his pills.

He thought he was going to be fine after surviving one day without them, but boy was he wrong. Two days after he arrived to Korea Onew started to feel the effects of his sickness. He started coughing more and throwing up. Then he started to get dizzy as well as light headed. He was getting tired easily and had to stay sitting or lying down most of the time. Most of his days there were in his room with his door closed, not allowing his family to see his him like that. They asked about him and addressed their worries towards him, but he calmed them down. He said something like ‘Korean air and American air are different. He has to get used to being in this atmosphere’ things like that. But that was nothing, but bull. He was actually, and still is getting sick from blood loss.

Onew turns towards the faucet and turns on the hot water. A hot shower will do him some good. Maybe he should take a bath, that way he could just sit and relax. He stands up and goes for the trash can next to the toilet. He pulls it next to the bathtub; gotta be safe; don't want to throw up in his own bath water. Onew lightly laughes at his disgusting joke. It wasn't funny or anything, but he laughed anyway.

When the bathtub fills with hot water Onew slides in and lets out a breath. Just what he needed, a hot bath. He grabs his soap and washcloth and rubs the two together. While doing this he can't help but think about Gen. Why did she lose all her weight? He liked her the way she was. He hopes it has nothing to do with him. He would hate it if her losing weight was because of him.

Onew runs the washcloth along his arms. He doesn't hate her new look. It's just that… he doesn't know… her healthier look was more attractive to him. She is still beautiful, but… he doesn't know? His past girlfriends were the same size as her, some even smaller, so he should be used to this right? Onew shake his head and continues to wash himself. He can get used to it. He's sure.

{}{}}}

 

Gen patiently waits in the living room for Onew. She has been waiting so long for Onew to open his Christmas/Birthday present. She knew his birthday was in December and that she was going to miss it as well as Christmas, so she bought him a present for both.

Onew makes his way in the living room with a box in his hands and sits next to Gen. He places the box on the living room table and sits back on the couch. Gen smiles at him, still not over the fact that he is back. However, putting her feelings aside for a minute, Gen reaches over to her left to get Onew's gift. She hands it to Onew and patiently waits for him to open it.

Onew teases her by inspecting the box and shaking it a little. He rubs it with his hands and caresses the wrappings like it's fine paper. He got away with a few minutes of fooling around, but he stops when he sees Gen about to snatch his gift away from him. He finally tears the paper off the box and inspects his gift. It is a headphone survival kit. It contains two red and white Beats by Dre headphones with two matching earphones. At the bottom is a Beats Pill speaker. He loves it.

“You lose your headphones all the time so I thought you would like a healthy supply of headphones. Do you like it?”

“Yes Gen I love it. It's the perfect gift. Thank you.” Onew does lose his headphones all l the time, but with these giant Beats he won't have a problem with that anymore. He grabs her gift off the table and hands it to her. “Here is yours. I hope you like it.”

 There is no teasing from Gen. She gets straight to the point and tears the wrapping off her gift. She opens the long box and looks at the beauty inside. “Onew wow.” She takes out the silver bracelet and holds it up to her face. “It's beautiful. Onew oh my goodness,” she says in awe while Onew helps her put it on her wrist.

The silver bracelet shines beautifully. She rotates her wrist back and forth letting the diamonds dance on her skin. “When I saw it, I thought of you.” Onew couldn't help the blush that hit his face after admitting that. Gen looks at him and pounces on him. She kisses the life out of him and he likes it.

Disconnecting from him Gen sprays kisses all over his face. “Thank you, thank you, thank you. Nobody has ever given me anything so beautiful. How much did this cost? You know what? Don't tell me, I don't want to know.” Onew laughes. She might have changed bodies, but she is still his Gen.

They lay back on the couch, content. Onew held her while she lay on his chest. Yes, she doesn't feel the same, but that is not what counts. She is still his Gen and her body will never change that.

{}{}}}

 

‘She is still his Gen and her body will never change that’ is the stupidest thing Onew ever thought. Of course her new body would change her. It changed everything about her. It changed her conversations. Everything that comes out of has something to do with health. It changed her eating. She can't eat this, she can't eat that. And you know when something changes the way you eat, it's going to change the way you cook. All the meals for the past week have been all vegetables. THAT'S IT! VEGETABLES! 

Onew loves eating vegetables, but not all the time. He would be fine with all of this, if she was being smart about it. Vegetables and laxatives can't be the only thing that someone eats all day. It's unhealthy and Gen knows it. He found out from Jaquan that Gen has been eating like this since December, when he left. Who can spend three months eating only vegetables and laxatives?

Gen might be skinnier, but she looks horrible. She almost looks as sick as Onew. Onew cares for her and doesn't like to see her be so careless with her body. Like he has any room to talk. It's been a week and Onew still looks like crap. He has gotten even drowsier, and his skin is much paler. He has been taken his pills regularly and still his health is bad. The coughing hasn't stopped and he is still flushing blood down his toilet. He is amazed he hasn't been caught yet.

Onew sits at the kitchen table, watching Gen gulp down two little red laxatives. He is not too happy, and is ready to tell Gen exactly how he feels about the death sentence she calls her diet. Onew stands up, body weak and exhausted, and makes his way over to Gen. Gen sees Onew coming over and smiles.

“Do you want to go out? I heard there is a good movie playing tonight,” she says putting her bottled water down on the counter. She sees Onew's face and immediately frowns. “What's the matter?”

Onew takes a deep breath and lets it all out. “Gen, I don't think you should do this diet anymore.” Gen just stares at him.

“Why?”

Onew hesitates. “Because, I don't like it.”

“What is the matter with it?” Onew slides his hand on top of Gen's.

“It's not healthy.” Gen is confused.

“But… I look good.” Onew frowns.

“That doesn't matter Gen. It's not healthy for you. You looked good before.”

“When I was fat?” Gen asks, interrupting Onew. Onew shakes his head.

“You weren't fat.”

“Yes I was. I was fat. My legs rubbed together when I walked, my stomach poked out far, and my arms were thick. I was fat.” Gen says taking her hand out from under Onew's.

“Gen, you were perfect.” Wrong choice of words. Gen steps back a little.

“I'm not perfect now?” she says in a soft voice. Onew tries to save himself. 

“Gen I…,” he pauses. Gen swiftly grabs her water bottle off of the counter and puts it in the refrigerator. She turns to leave the kitchen and Onew sees this. He walks behind her trying to catch up to her. “Gen wait.”

Gen turns around and looks at Onew. “Jinki I'm fine. I've been doing this for three months. I'm OK.” She pauses then continues. “You said I was beautiful.”

“You are beautiful.” Gen points towards the kitchen.

“You didn't say that just a few minutes ago.” At this point Gen is getting more upset, not to the point where she is yelling, but it's clear she is upset.

“Gen, you were perfect because you were yourself back then. You are not yourself anymore, you changed.”

“Jinki, I'm still Gen. I'm just a better looking Gen.” Gen shrugs her shoulders. “I don't even know why you're mad. We look like we belong together now. People can look at us now and not think 'why that fat girl?'. It's bad enough that we are an couple.” 

Onew stands there shocked. He can't believe his ears. “Why that fat girl? What happened to you? Why are you so insecure all of a sudden? You used to be so confident in yourself. What happened?” Gen shakes her head. Shaking what Onew just said out of her brain.

“You know what? I already got this speech from Jaquan." Gen says, snapping. “What happened? You happened. You, kpop, and kpop music videos happened.” That was the last thing she said before she jogged up the stairs. Onew didn't say anything else either. He let her go; partially because she probably needs some space, and partially because he is too weak to run after her.

He didn't understand at first, but after he sat down and thought about it, he knew what was up. Him, kpop, and kpop mv's. Gen is feeling different. Ever since he told her about his kpop life, Gen has brought it on herself to know everything about kpop. That means she watched all the kpop music videos, read all the blogs, and watched all the dramas. She saw all the pale skin and slim bodies. She probably saw his Etude commercials. He gets it now. Gen felt overweight and out of place next to him. He probably shouldn't have showed her his ex-girlfriends. She asked him to, but he still probably shouldn't have done it.

Onew leans back on the couch and rubs his hands down his face. What to do now?

{}{}}}

 DONE! YAY! TWO MORE CHAPTERS AND THIS STORY IS FINISH. I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND THANKS FOR READING.