What do I have to loose

Getting His Voice Back

The next few weeks were trying. After their movie date Gen has been nothing but distant. She hardly speeks to him unless she has to, she doesn't look at him unless she has to, she doesn't even say his name, she refers to Onew as “that boy". She will say things like: ‘DANG! That boy is here’ or ‘Tell that boy that I'm not here.’.

Yes, it migh

t be a little extra, but she has to make sure she doesn't fall any further for “That Boy”. She is determined, but its getting hard to stay away.

On the other hand, Onew is doing the exact opposite. He thinks the reason why she is uncomfortable is because of the fact that they are roommates, so his idea is to warm her up to the idea by warming up to her. If that makes sense. He is not going to annoy her, but get her comfortable with him in a new way. He knows that there is chemistry between them, but she seems to not want to come to class. So he is just going to bring the class to her.

He started off by sitting closer to her on the couch, when he was able to get her to sit down next to him. While they were watching tv, he would lightly graze her arm with his or discreetly lay his hand on top of hers. After that he would do something a little more daring. Daring like, leaving her a gift in her car or at work. They would be little gifts. Like little chocolates or a little snacks she could eat on her break at work. He even bought her a little plush octopus to put on her bed. He doesn't know if its on her bed, but he hopes that she kept it. He likes to think about her sleeping soundly with her plush octopus cutely lying next to her.

Then he started to bring on the heavy artillery. Touch. Onew has learned over the months that Gen has certain places that are no touch zones. Like her knees, and her waist. Whenever he accidentally touches these areas, Gen jumps so high that she nearly touches the ceiling. She will have goose bumps all over her body, and sweat forms. Soon afterwards she will start fanning herself while looking for the nearest electric fan. And the most sensitive area on her, is her neck.

Gen will have NO ONE touch her neck. Jaquan once accidentally touched her around her neck and she pounced on him and repeatedly hit him across the head. It was the most violent he has ever saw Gen. And even though he knows he is probably going to get beat just like Jaquan, Onew is still going to touch her there, and her other sensitive areas, because he knows that is what it is going to take to break her. He just hopes she doesn't break him.

So that's what he did, he touched her in all those places, and even though he is not the one being touched, every time he touched her, he would get hot and sweaty himself. He thought that to be weird, because it never happens to him. He thinks its Gen's fault, she does weird things to him.

{}{}}}

 

Its a sunny Saturday morning and Onew is in the kitchen working on his latest plan to woo Gen.

The boy is making her breakfast in bed. Yes, Onew is doing the most romantic thing in the book, making a girl breakfast in bed. Making a girl breakfast in bed is like telling her ‘Baby… I got this… I'm da man.’.

Onew rarely cooks in the house. Its not that he doesn't know how to cook, its just that Gen is always cooking, and if she is not cooking she orders food. So Onew doesn't have the need to cook meals. But today Gen is in bed, sleeping late and he wants to treat her to something nice. Even though, lately, he has been treating her to something nice almost every day. He just wants to do something that screams I LIKE YOU!

So here he is, flipping fluffy oversized pancakes in a frying pan while, at the same time, singing a new song he discovered while listening to his Spotify. It's getting better, not his singing, but his heart when it comes to singing. Its starting to feel like it used to. When he was in the booth with the rest of Shinee, singing his heart out. Moving to America was a good decision. 

He puts his phone on replay, so he can continue to sing his song over and over.

"There is a place in the distance

A place that I’ve been dreaming of

No more time and space don’t exist there

We can dance like there’s no tomorrow

There is a place" *cough cough*

 "no time in space"

Onew covers his mouth with his sleeve. Here he goes again with the coughing. He turns back to the frying pan and continues to flip Gen's pancakes. 

"I can feel the city crumbling around me

I can’t seem to find my way

But I can see a bright light calling through the dark night

Hoping I’ll find my way" *Cough cough cough*

"Yeah I had what I wanted" *cough cough*

"It went away so fast fast

Yeah I got to let go" *cough*

"We can dance like there’s no tomorrow

So here we go" *COUGH COUGH COUGH*

Onew bends over the stove, unable to stop coughing. Afraid of coughing on Gen's pancakes, he quickly turns around. This happens all the time. He sings, then he coughes. It would be small coughes though, and it wouldn't last, but two minutes. Today however the coughes are relentless.

He stumbles over to the counter to sit down, but not before he removes the pan from the stove and turns it off. What's wrong with him? Why is he coughing so much? COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH! Maybe he shouldn't have sung so much this morning. COUGH COUGH! Maybe his throat isn't ready for so much singing. COUGH! Maybe a song a day… maybe that would be good. COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH… COUGH COUGH! 

Onew's stomach starts to hurt, and his vision gets blurry. He starts to breath fast and his muscles start to tense. He feels his stomach turn. He holds on to the counter and squeezes his eyes shut, forcing his stomach to settle. COUGH COUGH! However his stomach has something else planned. Tears cascade down his face as he quickly runs to the bathroom. He knocks a couple of things down on his way, but he can care less. 

With the speed of lightning, Onew opens the toilet seat and dives face first into the toilet bowl. He has no idea what is happening to him. Singing has never caused him to throw up. Is he sick again? Impossible, the doctor said he was in perfect condition, and that there is no way the tumor could come back. Its confusing. Why is he throwing up?

He braces one hand on the counter next to the toilet, and the other on the seat. Waves upon waves came out of him; it is like the end is nonexistent. Without looking he grabbs the nearest towel and holds on to it until he finally stops.

He slowly sits up and places the towel against his mouth. He falls to his bottom and scoots over to lay against the counter. What just happened? He brings his knees to his chest and rests his forhead on them. He catches his breath and tries to cool down. He is not really thinking about anything, he is just sitting there, with his eyes closed. It is silent in the house, except for his phone, which is still playing the song. He really should have stop singing.

He opens his eyes a little to see the bathroom door open. He quickly closes his eyes back. Why didn't he shut the door? The last thing he needs is Gen hearing him spilling his guts all over the place. For a moment he focuses his hearing to the stairs, when he doesn't hear anything, he releases a pent up breath. She wasn't coming down the stairs, so that's a good sign. He sits up and looks down at the damp towel in his hands. He “smartly” grabbed a white towel, so not only does he have to vent the bathroom, he probably has to power wash the towel. Its gonna take days to wash all that red out, he might as well throw it away. Wait, RED!? 

Onew stares at the blood stained piece of fabric in shock. Did he just? He slowly looks over to the toilet. Not being able to see anything at that angle, Onew shakes and scoots over to the toilet to slowly peer over the side of the bowl. When he finally sees the water, he is forced into stillness. The bowl is filled with hot pink, almost red, water. It is a nasty sight, so nasty that Onew thinks he might throw up again.

Onew puts one shaky hand to his mouth, and the other on the lever to flush the toilet. He pulls it down, stands up, and puts the seat down. He turns and sits on the toilet. He just threw up blood. He just threw up chunks of blood. From where? His throat, is that where the blood is coming from? He can't tell anyone about this. He can't tell Jaquan, his parents, he would rather get jumped by a hobo, than tell Gen. The only people that need to know about this is him, God, and the four walls surrounding him.

He stands up and makes his way to the sink. This never happened, it… never happened. He digs through his drawers for his tooth brush and paste. He is just going to clean up, sanitize, and continue cooking.

{(THE CITY( EXTENDED MIX) BY MADEON)}

{}{}}}

 

Gen slowly opens her eyes to he spacey attic room, which is brightly lighted by the sun. She sits up and stretches her arms out, yawning her sleep away. She starts to pull her covers down so she can get out of bed, but she stops when she sees her door open and a smiley face poke through. Oh no. She has to deal with him all ready? She unnoticeably roles her eyes and scoots further into her covers. She lifts them up and over her covered s. She wasn't wearing a bra under her night shirt and the heater in her room was temporarily off, so her headlights were beaming and she didn't want Onew to be the deer in the road.

“Good Morning, ” Onew says, walking in with a big plate of pancake and eggs in his hands. Gen's eyes automatically widens.

He walks over to her bed and places a yellow towel over her lap, then places a plate on top of the towel. He runs back to the bedroom door, grabs the glass of apple juice and the bowl of fruit that he laid there earlier, and slowly walks back to her bed. He places the juice on her bedside table along with the fruit. He places his hand behind his back and pulls out a bottle of syrup that was stuffed in his back pocket. He sits it next to the fruit and smiles at Gen when finished.

Gen, the whole time, was silent. Did he really just make her breakfast in bed? She looks up at him and smiles. She momentarily forgets about her covers, and they slowly slide down her chest. When she feels them sliding down, she quickly picks them back up. Onew notices this and blushes.

“Thank you Jinki. This smells delicious.” His smile gets brighter.

“You are welcome. I hope it is good. I wanted to do it from scratch, but I realised that, that took more time, so I made it from the mix.” Gen lightly laughes at him.

“That's fine.” She looks up at his handsome face. It's different, a little pale. “Are you ok?”

Onew frowns. “Yes, why?” He hopes she didn't hear him earlier.

“You just look a little pale.”

“No I'm fine. I just need some sun. Its been cloudy lately. Its good the sun is out today," he says, knowing that talking fast with short sentences will not hep him assure her. However, Gen relaxes and reaches for her fork and spoon.

“Ok. Dont want you getting sick or anything.”

Gen scoops some eggs in , careful not to drop her cover again. Onew stares at her while she takes her first bite. Her perfect brown and pink lips wrapping around the fork slowly. What a lucky fork. To feel those soft lips consume it in her warm mouth, then slowly release it, only to drag it back in. What a lucky fork indeed. To have her the sweet syrup from around it, not wanting to waste one drop. What a stupid lucky fork.

“Jinki?” Gen says flexing her hand on her covers.

“Huh?” Onew snaps out of his thoughts and look Gen in her eyes.

“Are you sure your ok?” She is getting a little worried. He is pale, spacing out, and swallowing alot. She reaches up to feel his forehead, but unable to reach him. He bends down for her so she can place her hand on his forehead.

“Im fine Gen. Promise.” He knew he was lying to her again, but he couldn't tell her what is really wrong with him. Sick and .

Feeling no temperature, Gen takes her hand away from Onew's forehead and continues to eat. “Ok. I guess your ok.” 

Whew!

Onew sits at the end of her bed and quietly plays with her sock monkey. He looks around her room and finds it inviting. It is clean and spacious. The sun shines through the window perfectly, shining on all the cool things in her room. He looks at the the bed he is sitting on. He doesn't know how she can sleep on a pure white bedpread all the time. Its too risky, so many things can happen, so many things can be spilt on it. He looks up towards the head of the bed and sees the octopus plushy laying there staring right at him. He smiles, she sleeps right next to it, like he imagined.

Gen's room

His attention focuses on the floor next to her bed. Stacked movies lie there. Which reminds him of the question he wanted to ask Gen. He hops up and makes his way to the bedroom door. “I will be right back.” He leaves her, and in a flash, he is right back in the room. He tosses her something and waits patiently for her to read it.

Gen puts her apple juice down on the bedside table and picks up the flyer Onew threw at her. "Korean Heritage Drive-In Movie Night?" She says, one eyebrow up. Onew vigorously nods his head.

“Yes! I found the flyer at your job. There is a small Korean community here, and they are having a Korean heritage week. Tonight is the last night and its a Drive-in movie.” Gen's facial expression didn't change. So Onew continued. “It is a good way to reconnect to Korea, and I really want to go…” Still nothing. “… And I thought we could go together, since the first time we went to the movies together you fell asleep on me.” That got her. Her face softened and she put the flyer down next to her on the bed.

“I guess we can go tonight… as an apology.” she added that last part just in case. She didn't want another date.

He grins at her. “Cool. I will see you tonight.” He hops up, but Gen stops him.

“Where are you going?” He sits back down.

“Jaquan asked me if I could help him move one of his girlfriends stuff out of his room.”

“Again? He gets tired of them quick. Which one is it?”

“I dont know. He just called me and asked me to help him.” Gen shrugs her shoulders and pushes her plate away. “Are you done?” She nods. Onew leans over to her and takes her plate. Seeing that she wasn't done with the rest of her stuff, he just leaves it. He hops up, leans closer to her, and pops a quick kiss on her forehead. “Goodbye!”

Gen tenses up and doesn't respond. She doesn't look at him either. She just sits there with her eyes wide open. Onew doesn't seem to be fazed, and continues out her bedroom door.

After he leaves Gen falls back on her bed. “This is why I cant be in the same room as him. It's too early for this.”

{}{}}}

 

Onew curiously watches Jaquan from his second story room window. He was at Jaquan's house packing a few clothes in a box when he heard some commotion going on outside. He ignored it at first, thinking it was just neighbors going about their day, but when it got louder, he couldn't help but get curious. So he stop packing and made his way over to the large bedroom window. He saw Jaquan helping a pretty girl with very tight pants on, out of her car. Then he saw Jaquan stop her from going any further, and started to talk to her. Onew assumed that it was the girl Jaquan was breaking up with.

At first it started off calm, but now the girl is all over the yard cussing and screaming at Jaquan. Tears are flowing down her eyes, her hair is all over the place, she is clearly upset whith Jaquan. She is quickly pacing around the yard, with jaquan, at a distance, following behind her. The neighbors have come out into the cold to watch the show, but neither the girl nor Jaquan seems to notice. The girl finally stops walking in a circle around the yard, and turns to Jaquan, she puts one finger in his face and tells him something. Onew can't make it out, but next thing he sees, is the girl repeatedly hitting Jaquan up the side of his head with her big black purse.

Onew can't contain the healthy laugh that comes out of him. The sight is hilarious. He wished Gen was here to see this. She tells Jaquan all the time that he shouldn't play around with girls like he does, but he never listens. A girl should be treated with respect and kindness. Like a queen. They are precious gems.

Poor Jaquan, getting beat up by a girl in front of all his neighbors. Onew didn't blame him though. Who would want to go against a 6 foot four woman, wearing pointy thigh boots, a large fur coat, and a heavy looking black suitcase of a purse. Onew would willingly loose all of his dignity, then fight against that woman.

Jaquan finally escapes the grasp of his now ex-girlfriend. Neighbors cheer and clap for him while he runs in the safe confines of his home. Onew moves away from the window and slowly makes his way down the stairs to greet Jaquan. When he makes his way down the stairs, he is greeted with a heavy breathing sweaty Jaquan. Onew is suddenly in the mood for teasing.

“What happened to you?” Jaquan drops to the flour and takes off his heavy winter coat. He peers over to Onew and rolls his eyes.

“You didn't see all that? She whipped my .” Jaquan moves to take off his boots.

“What! Really, you let a little girl beat you up?” Onew is grinning wide now.

“Man shut up. You know that girl ain't little. Far from it, really far.” Onew laughs at him while he helps him off the ground. “Thanks for helping me pack up her stuff though. Even though I'm pretty sure she is gone, her or her friends should be back tomorrow to pick her stuff up. Imma put them on the porch tonight so they won't have a reason to come in the house. Mama would kill me if she found random women in her house… again.”

“Anytime.” Onew looks down at his wrist watch. Seeing it is close to 6:00, he hastily tries to locate his coat and hat.

“Why you in such a hurry?” Onew disappears in the living room, then reappears with his coat on, and slowly putting his hat on.

“I'm going somewhere tonight.”

“What, like a date?”

“Kinda.” Onew runs around the house looking for his car keys.

“Ooooo. Is she cute?”

“Yep”

“She got a nice body?”

“Definitely.”

“What's her name?” Onew find his keys and pauses.

“Umm… Jen…nifer.”

“Aww. Good for you buddy. I used to date a girl named Jennifer. Then a girl named Jenner. They were nice and athletic." He pauses to reminisce. “Is this y'all first date?” Onew shakes his head. “Second date? Go you.” Onew looks at his watch again and Jaquan notices. “Well bye then, I don't want you to be late. But if you want any advice, I'm your man.” Onew nods and makes his way to the door, but pauses.

“I have one question.”

“Shoot.”

“She is really shy. How do I make her open up to me? I want to get close to her.” Jaquan thinks for a moment.

“During your date tonight, get all in her bubble. Personal space is nonexistent. She will get all hot and flustered and open up.” Onew considers it.

“Thanks Jaquan. Gotta go.” He pauses then returns to the door. “Can I borrow your truck tonight?”

“Sure man, but don't be doing no nasty stuff in my new truck.” Jaquan says throwing him his keys. Onew throws his keys to Jaquan and catches Jaquan's at the same time.

“YOU don't do anything nasty in my car.”

“Whatever.”

Onew says thank you and waves goodbye and makes his way outside to the truck.

{}{}}}

 

“Are you sure no one is going to recognize you tonight?” Gen whispers to Onew. They were in line for popcorn and suddenly Gen got nervous. It would totally for her and him, if Onew was suddenly recognize tonight. 

“Im sure. Its dark out here and Jaquan's truck windows are tinted, they shouldn't recognize me at all.” Gen slowly nodds her head.

“Ok, but if they do, I'm just a girl standing next to you in the line.” Onew looks at her.

“What? Are you ashamed of me?” he says teasing.

“No! But I've seen how your fans react when their biases are around, talking to, or even looking at another girl. I've read the stories.” Nope… Gen wasn't about to get beat today.

Onew quietly laughes at her. Gen laughes too but it's cut short when she starts to shiver. Seeing this, Onew puts one arm around her and guides her under his arm. Gen reluctantly moves under him to use his body heat. She is warmer, but it is kinda uncomfortable standing like this. So, even though she doesn't want to, she wraps one arm around his waist so she can comfortably stand next to him, and steal his warmth. She can't see, but Onew is grinning like a misfit.

When they made it back to the truck with their large bucket of popcorn, that Onew made Gen get, they settle down as the movie starts. Onew smartly brought blankets with him just in case it got too cold. Knowing that he can't have the truck heat going all night, Onew found a handy battery powered heater he could put on the dashbord. Gen brought snacks and drinks, just in case they wanted something other than what was supplied by the Korean Herritage Society. They are set, all they have to do now is just enjoy the movie.

{}{}}}

 

Gen groans inwardly. What is this boy doing? In the last twenty minutes Onew has gotten from sitting in his own seat quietly, to having his head laying lightly on Gen's shoulder. Its all Jaquan's fault. If he would have taken her advice and bought the Ford Crew Cab and not the Ford Regular Cab, she wouldn't have this problem. 

Onew was all over on her side. The deal was that they both had their own side. Onew has the driver side and Gen has the passenger side. The food was to be in the middle, but after seeing Onew put the food in the middle of the floor, she knew she was about to be in big trouble.

And that is now where she is. In trouble. She was leaning on her window, but when it became time for the truck to be turned off she moved closer to the middle so she could be warmed by the portable heater. Onew did the same after he moved all the food to the floor. After that, Gen put her legs up on the seat, Onew then moved closer so that their legs were touching. This was no big deal to Gen, it was just their legs, but when he started to lean in closer, she was forced to put her legs back down.

However that didnt stop him. Onew moved closer and closer. So close that his head is now in between her shoulder and and neck and the arm that is in between him and Gen, is laying comfortably on Gen's thigh. Gen just KNOWS that Onew knows what he is doing, but she hasn't said anything. She didn't want to bring anything up, if she brings it up then that means they are going to to talk about it, and the last thing Gen wants, is to talk about how close Onew is to her and how hot its making her.

Deep down in the deep depths of her soul she wants nothing more than to pull Onew on top of her and kiss him to death, but she can't, she refuses. Her stomach is hot her hands are hot her girl place is hot, she is burning up in there.

She looks over to the couple in the car neighboring them. They are all over each other. The girl was in the boys lap kissing him to no end, while she, hopefully, was grinding on top of him and not doing something else. Gen has never felt jealous for somebody elses love life and she wasn't jealous now, she's just… she doesn't know.

She tries to focus back on the movie they were watching, more like the subtitles she is reading. The movie wasn't in english, so she had to read the subtitles then look up at the scene, it wasn't annoying or anything, she just wished it was in English.

She finally settles down and gets into the movie again. Onew hasn't moved for a while now so Gen guesses that he has met his goal for tonight. The awkwardness dissipates and Gen gets used to Onew being there, even the little rub on her knee that he is doing with his index finger.

“Are you enjoying this?” Onew whispers into her ear. BREAK!! That broke her. Not only did he just whisper in her ear like they aren't the only two people in the car, he lightly rubbed her outer ear with his lips.

Gen suddenly jerks up. “WOW. WHEW… OK. I have to go.” Gen moves and opens the door to the cold late October air. She hops out and moves to shut the door, but Onew stops her.

“Where are you going?”

“Umm… I don't know. To the bathroom. I have to pee. BYE!” Gen slams the door and goes out to find the portable toilet. She needs to think.

{}{}}}

 

Jaquan leans back in Onew's car with his arm comfortably wrapped around his new girlfriend Denise's shoulder, calmly watching the movie in front of him. As soon as Onew left his house Jaquan got a call from Denise saying she wanted to go to some heritage drive-in. Jaquan agreed that he would take her and now here he is at some drive-in, watching a movie about an old Korean dude's journey to the top of some mountain.

Denise if full Caucasian, but her son is half asian. She wants her son to get to know his other side, so thats why he is sitting in her lap with his head in between her sleeply watching the movie. Jaquan would rather have his head there instead of the boys, but he will let him stay there for now.

He looks down at the people below him. He made sure they got a good spot on a hill overlooking all the other vehicles and perfectly seated in front of the movie screen.

His eyes focuse on a figure getting out of the truck right below him. The shape looks familiar and so does the truck. Jaquan realises that it is his truck and the figure is Gen. He looks at the person in the drivers seat. He couldn't really tell who it was, but he knew that he leant his truck to Onew, so it couldn't be anyone, but Onew.

But Onew is supposed to be out on a date tonight with a girl named Jennifer. Not Gen.

Jaquan looks over to Denise and excuses himself from the car.

{}{}}}

 

Onew is digging through the snack bin on the floor when Jaquan reaches the truck. He doesn't notice him at first, but when he sits back up and notices something in his peripheral vision he freaks out. He looks over to his side and sees an angry Jaquan standing there with his hands on the window.

What is Jaquan doing here? Onew has no idea. He reaches for the door to unlock it, but pauses. Instead he rolls down the window a little. He didn't roll it down enough that Jaquan could stick his hands in, but he did roll it down enough that they could communicate.

As soon as the window rolled down Jaquan's voice penetrated Onew's ears. “MY LIL COUSIN MAN! MY LIL COUSIN!!”

“Calm down Jaquan.”

“CALM DOWN!! YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING OUT ON A DATE WITH A GIRL NAMED JENNIFER. WHAT HAPPENED?” At that moment Jaquan realises Onew just played with Gen's name and Jennifer doesn't even exist. “DOES JENNIFER EVEN EXIST?”

Onew shakes his head “No.”

“I'M STUPID AS !” Jaquan throws his hands in the air. He looks back to Onew. “WHY ARE YOU ON A DATE WITH MY LIL COUSIN?”

Onew looks down at his hands. “I like her,” he states simply. Jaquan puts one hand on his forehead.

“Ok, why didn't you just tell me that at my house?” Jaquan seemed to have calmed down, so Onew rolls down the window a little more.

“Because I wasn't sure how you would have reacted.”

Jaquan eyes widened. “A whole lot better than just a minute ago.” Jaquan sighs and punches in the code to unlock his truck. He opens the door and leans on its frame. He looks at his friend. “Its totally fine that you like Gen. Your a good guy, but I don't like to be lied to, especially about Gen. Im not overprotective or anything, but we both are the only children of our parents, and we think of each other as siblings. Even though we treat each other like trash.”

Onew nods at him. “So you're ok with us dating or becoming close?”

“First of all, your are already close. But, yea I'm ok with this. Just don't get her pregnant! ” Onew widens his eyes and Jaquan busts out laughing. “Im kidding Jinki, just kidding.” Onew calms down. “If you get her pregnant, you dont have to worry about me. She has a father that doesn't trust anyone with a . He from the hood too.”

“The hood?” Onew shakes his head, not understanding.

“Its just a place, don't worry about it.” Jaquan pats Onew on the back and shuts the door to his truck and disappears. Onew makes a mental note to look up ‘the hood’ later when he gets back home.

He looks down at the chicken wing that is sitting in his lap. Oh yea! He picks it up and takes a bite out of it.

{}{}}}

 

Gen opens the door to the truck and slowly gets in. The line to the bathroom was ridiculous. Did that many girls have to pee? Really. It was bad enough the line was long, but did she have to go through the awkwardness of being the only non-Asian there? She just wants to go home. Its cold, she has too many clothes on, and she has to pee. But she doesn't dare tell Onew. She ruined one movie for him, she is not going to ruin this one. So she sits in the car, with her hands in her lap and her eyes straight forward.

“Are you ok?” Gen turns her head toward Onew. He must see how upset she is.

“Yes. I'm fine.”

“Are you sure?” Gen nods her head except for replying. Onew reaches over and places his hand on top of hers. Usually Gen would just move her hand, but she is mentally tired.

“JINKI! Please stop,” she says exausted like. “Why are you doing this? All night all you have been doing is touching me and stuff. You see me trying to move away and you still keep going. I dont understand.”

Onew widens his eyes, at first shocked, but he calms down and smiles at her. “You know why Gen.”

“No I don't," she lies.

“Yes you do.” Onew pauses. “I like you Gen. Your beautiful. Your smart. You have a big personality and even bigger heart. That's something I like in a woman,” he states. That's all he has to say for now.

Gen runs her hand over her forehead, much like Jaquan, when he did it a few minutes earlier. “Jinki we can't.”

“Yes we can.” Onew looks at the movie screen. “The movie is over. Are you ready to go home?”

Gen's sighs and nods her head, giving up for the night. Onew puts the key into the ignition and starts the car. Soon they're making their way down the dark roads to the house.

{}{}}}

 

 Back home Gen makes her way to the stairs, but is abruptly stopped by Onew. He turns her around, grabs her by her waist and slowly kisses her on the cheek. It is a little forward, but what does he have to loose. He disconnects his lips from her cheek and bends down to nuzzle her neck. Gen shivers from the contact to the most sensitive spot in her body. What is this dude doing to her.

She starts to breath hard and get sweaty, a sign to Onew that he touched the right spot. He only stays there for a few seconds before he moves away from her.

“Goodnight Gen. Have a goods nights sleep,” he says cutely. Gen just stands there, still shivering. Onew takes notice and starts to smile. Without giving him a response, Gen quickly turns around and jets up the stairs.

Onew clasps his hands together and sighs in contentment. “That should do it.”

{}{}}}

 

Gen falls to her bed and grasps her sock monkey to her chest. She is breathing hard and can't seem to stop the shivers that are gliding through her body. 

She thinks it over. What does she have to loose if she goes out with Onew. Nothing really, it could be just a fling. She doesn't really do flings, she does long term. However she has no choice. She wants Onew and Onew wants her, so why not? She of course has to throw her long term rule out the door, but its worth it.

So what is she saying? Is she about to give in to Onew? Well she sure ain't going fight him anymore.

{}{}}}

 

SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO WRITE THIS. WORK WAS STUPID BUSY AND THE DAYS I GOT OFF WERE SPENT SLEEPING. IN THIS CHAPTER I DIDN'T WANT ONEW TO SEEM LIKE SOME OF THOSE GUYS THAT PRESSURE GIRLS SO I HOPE Y'ALL DIDNT FEEL THAT WAY. I ALWAYS WANT TO TELL Y'ALL SOMETHING WHEN I'M WRITING, BUT ONCE I END THE CHAPTER I FORGET EVERYTHING I WANT TO SAY.

IF THE CHARACTERS AT ANY POINT CALL HIM ONEW EXCEPT FOR JINKI. IT'S MY BAD.