Thanksgiving in California 1.

Getting His Voice Back

One bright and early morning Gen softly nudges Onew from his good sleep. She has been nudging him for the last 10 minutes and after a few more nudges, he finally opens his eyes. They slowly make their way to Gen's smiling face. He immediately starts to smile himself, happy to see her pretty face so early in the morning. He sits up and lifts his hands to his face to roughly rub the sleep away. It is obvious to Gen that the sleep is still there when he only opens one eye to look at her.

“Good morning Jinki.”

“Good morning Gen.” Onew looks down at her outfit, she is in her work clothes. “Going to work this morning?” Gen nods her head and stands there quietly. Onew sits in his bed, silently waiting for Gen to mention the reason why she woke him up at 7:00 in the morning.

Gen is uncomfortable. She came in Onew's room to tell him something, but she can't seem to get it out. She decides to sit down and tell him. So she shifts over to the end of Onew's bed and sits down. She looks over at him and smiles. He smiles back at her and playfully pokes her with his foot, wich is under the covers. She giggles and playfully swats his foot away from her. He moves his foot and the room gets silent again.

“I dont want to be rude or anything, but why did you wake me?” Onew says, trying to sound as non-sleepy as possible. 

Gen looks at him for a moment. “I've been thinking about what you said last night…” Onew looks at her in confusion, but she looked away right before she started speaking so she didn't see it. Onew has no idea what she is talking about. “… and I like you too. Ok?”

Onew's eyes widened. Was she saying what he thinks she is saying. He is wide awake now.

Gen pats him on his leg. “Ok, I have to go to work now… so… bye.” Gen stands up and makes her way to his bedroom door. She waves at him one last time and exits his room. Onew leans back onto his elbows and thinks over what just happened. Did Gen just… what exactly did Gen do? 

Well, she just came in his room at 7:00 in the morning and woke him up. She bluntly told him that she liked him, and then she left. So what does that mean? Are they together now? Onew hopes so, trying to get her to be with him is exhausting. He enjoyed it, but… whew!

He slams back down on his bed and closes his eyes. He will find out later, now is time for some sleep.

{}{}}}

 

A few hours later Onew suddenly wakes up and runs to the bathroom. He lifts the toilet seat up and and lets all the possessions of his stomach out into the bowl. He assumed the same position as last time and spilled his guts out for the second time in two days.

Onew knew better by now, something is the matter.He wasn't even singing and he all of a sudden has to throw up. He wasn't going to make the mistake again and not go to the doctor; that “smart” decision got him nowhere. No, he is going to the doctor and he is going to fix this right now before he gets caught throwing up by Gen. He can't have Gen worrying about him. It could ruin their relationship that he thinks they just started this morning.

After he finishes, he looks at the substances occupying the toilet. Yep, blood, time to go to a doctor.

{}{}}}

 

Onew sits quietly on the examination table, patiently waiting for the doctor to come back and tell him what's wrong with him. He has been in the neighborhood doctors office for four hours now. As soon as he was done throwing up, he brushed his teeth, took a shower, and drove himself to *Dr. Fargo's Family Doctor, Doctors Office* to get checked on. It wasn't a long drive, but it sure was a long wait for Dr. Fargo to finally have an opening for him. This is not the first time that Onew has been to this place. He has been here multiple times with Gen. When he would hurt himself at the house and Gen didn't know what to do, she would call Dr. Fargo. Onew has been here so much Dr. Fargo probably knows everything about him.

Onew s his jacket and throws it to the chair at the side of the examination table. Gen is usually sitting there watching him and Dr. Fargo interact. He wishes she was here now, but he can't have her finding out about whatever it is that is wrong with him. He feels bad about keeping this from her, but at least he wasn't lying. It isn't technically lying if it never was mentioned, right?

The door opens to Onew's room and tall Dr. Fargo comes in holding his clipboard and pen in the crook of his right arm. He steps in and closes the door behind him, making sure to make eye contact with Onew in the process. This scares Onew, and he gulps down a large wad of nervous down his throat. Dr. Fargo grabs his rolling stool and possitions it in front of Onew, then he sits down upon it and lets out a steady breath.

“Mr. Lee, I have only known you for a few months now, and I have never met anyone who gets in more trouble. I'm amazed Gen hasn't got hurt since living with you. You're a cool kid, but you're walking time bomb.” Dr. Fargo laughs at his little joke. “But this time I didn't find anything.”

Onew relaxes his worried body and lets out a sigh. Well, he didn't have anything lurking in his throat. “That's good, that's good.” Dr. Fargo holds up his hand.

“Wait a minute Mr. Lee. Just because I didn't see anything doesn't mean there is nothing there. Now im going to prescribe you some medication for your cough. We're also going to give you a steroid shot to boost up your immune system.” Dr. Fargo hands him a peice of paper. “Just go to the nearest pharmacy and give them that. After we give you the steroid shot, you should be good, but if you're not and you're still coughing, even if you are taking the medicine, come back and see me. If it gets even worse and you start to cough up blood, you're going to need to go to the emergency room. Ok?” Onew nods his head and tightly grabs on to the material of his jeans.

He didn't tell Dr. Fargo that he's already coughing up blood. Onew knows that is a stupid thing to do, but he wanted to wait and see what happens with the medicine and the shot before he tells him about the blood. And also, he doesn't want to have to go back to Korea so soon. Before he left Korea his mother made sure that their insurance company called her or her father whenever Onew went to the doctor or anything while in America.

When she gets a call today, the information she will receive will make it seem like all he has is a cold and needs a steroid shot to get rid of the virus. Now if he would have told everything he wouldn't have been able to get treated because his mother would already have him on a plane. It's just best for him that he keep quiet. Don't get him wrong, he wants to tell Dr. Fargo, but at the same time he can't seem to find it in himself to do it.

“Alright, well, I'm late for my next patient. A nurse will be in here in a minute to give you your shot.” Dr. Fargo left the room and in the next few minutes a short black lady with short blonde hair comes in holding a needle.

Onew rolls up his shirt sleeves to receive his shot, but the lady just looks at him with a smug smile on her face, while shaking her head. Onew then rolls up the sleeve to the other arm and looks at her for confirmation. However, she shakes her head again. Onew looks at her in confusion. The nurse just points at him and lifts one eyebrow.

“Imma need you to bend over.” Onew realises what she is saying and looks at her in disbelief. “Come on. Bend on over.”

{}{}}}

 

Three weeks later Onew was doing fine. He decided to only sing one song a week and to only sing fast songs. When he sings fast songs, it feels more like talking then singing. He still gets that fulfilling feeling when he sings, now he doesn't have to worry about throwing up, that much. Even though he hasn't thrown up since his visit to the doctor, he proceeds to have the feeling that he is going to throw up. It goes away, but maybe five minutes later the feeling would come back. The medicine has been working on stopping him from coughing and the shot he recieved did it's job with stopping him from throwing up, but it seemed to not last long. He would hate to go back to the doctor and get another shot. Dr. Fargo probably wouldn't let him get it. He would probably send Onew to the hospital and have the insurance company call his mom. He guesses for the moment he is going to have to deal with it. At least Gen nor Jaquan knows of his state.

{}{}}}

 

Gen quietly sits next to Onew on the couch while he watches cartoons. She loves the love he has for cartoons. She loves cartoons with a passion herself. She hates it when she has friends over and all they want to watch is reality tv shows. When she was a senior in highschool. All her friends liked those reality tv shows that did nothing but show how stupid older women acted when it came to men. She hates those reality tv shows. 

That is another reason why she likes Onew, they fit together. It seems like they were ment to meet, because under two months of knowing each other, she already calls him one of her best friends. Even if she DIDN'T like him in a romantic way, they would still be sitting on the couch just like they are now; with Gen's head lying on Onew's chest while his arm is securely wrapped around her shoulder. Because they are best friends, and now a couple.

It's only been three weeks and Gen is enjoying her relationship with Onew. It is going a little slow, but she thinks that's the perfect pase for them. They haven't really shown any signs of being in a relationship. They treat each other the same, they just sit a little closer and kiss each other on the cheek often. They have yet to kiss each other properly. Gen wants him to make the first move, but Onew hasn't even tried to kiss her anywhere other than her cheeks.

Onew is a little scared to kiss her on the lips. He wants to and he is confident, but what if he has the urge to throw up when he touches his lips to hers. Its too risky. He has to find a solution to his problem before he takes the next step with her. In the meantime he is going to keep on doing what he been doing.

Onew takes his eyes away from the cartoon, to watch Gen for a moment. She is consintrated on the drawing in her lap. This time she is not using her computer but a regular peice of paper and pen. He should really show her his latest drawings. Since living with her, his drawing ability has hightened. 

He looks at the man she is drawing. He is big and brawny with huge amounts of chest hair. His arms are huge and also full of hair. He looks like a viking except for the gun in his hand. His face is masked in Aztec tattoos and his nose has a huge piercing sticking out of it. He wonders why she is drawing this man. 

Onew knows she sometimes draw things for people for extra money. So it might be for some guy. They are mostly guys who ask her for pictures. The pictures they ask for are usually characters from anime's or video games. Onew wonders if she would draw something for him.

Gen notices Onew looking at her, so she slowly lifts her head to look into his cute little eyes. “Yes?” Onew smiles down at her and points towards her drawing.

“Who is this guy?”

Gen looks down and shrugs her shoulder. “Some guy called Mr. Corkscrew. He is off some video game.”

“He looks like a bad guy.”

“When I looked him up earlier, I thout he was a bad guy, but actually he is a good guy. He is kinda y too.” Onew's face has a mixture of suprise and discust.

“y, look at him. His face looks like it has tire tracks all over it.” Gen laughes at Onew's sudden outburst. She was kidding, but he must not have caught the joke.

“I was just kidding Jinki. He is old anyway, like 60 or something.” Onew didn't say anything in response so Gen slowly looks at him and sees him mumbling. She consentrated her ears on the words he was saying, but couldn't seem to pick up any english. So he must be speaking in Korean.

She nudges him with her shoulder. He looks over to her with a bored face. “Did you hear me?” Onew nods and turns back to the tv. Gen shyly looks back to her drawing. “Good, because there is only one guy I think is y” Onew snaps his head to her in surprise.

Gen stands up, stretches, and makes her way to her bedroom. A small smile makes its way to her lips as she walks up the stairs, listening to the silence that is coming out of Onew's mouth.

Onew watches her go up the stairs and starts to smiles himself. “She thinks I am y?” He turns off the tv and slowly saunters to his bedroom. “She thinks im y. Yes!"

{}{}}}

 

“Hey Jinki. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?” Jaquan asks while packing some clothes in his suitcase. Onew was, once again, at Jaquan's house helping him pack. Except this time it's Jaquan's stuff.

Onew shrugs his shoulders. “Dunno.”

"Well, I'm going to California to visit my family…" Jaquan pauses. “… and Gen is coming with me.” Onew pauses and glances over to him. “I know you two can't be separated for too long or one of you will explode, so would you like to come along to California with us?

Onew's face brightens. “Sure! I would love to.”

“Cool man. This way you can meet the rest of the family. My Uncle Sam, Aunt Rachel, Papa Brown, and Gen's mom. You can meet them all. You might get to meet her dad, if he in town.” Onew is pretty silent at this time so Jaquan looks over to him to check on him. “Are you nervous buddy?” Onew vigorously shakes his head. He isn't nervous, he is really excited. He gets to meet the mother that birthed the prettiest girl he knows.

“No I'm not nervous. I'm actually quite excited.”

“Then why are you so silent?” Onew reaches under Jaquan's bed.

“I just don't know if you want me to pack these.” Onew lifts two magazines for Jaquan to see and nearly topples over with laughter as Jaquan races over to him to snatch the magazines out of his hands.

“HA HA HA HA!” Onew tosses and turns all over the floor. “YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE!” Jaquan makes his way back to his side of his bedroom with magazines in hand, and stuffs them into his closet.

“Don't tell anybody,” Jaquan says, not amused at all, until he sees Onew's body shaking all over the floor with laughter. He smirks and throws a shoe at him. “It ain't funny. You probably have dirty magazines of your own.”

Onew puts two fingers to his lips and zips his mouth close. “Yea yea yea. Just don't be going under my bed anymore!”

{}{}}}

 

Gen is just putting the last of her things in her suitcase when she hears Onew running up the steps. She smiles to herself. If he doesn't stop running up those steps, he is going to fall again. She hears her door open and looks up from the floor of her room to his slightly sweaty face starring back at her.

“Where back!” He pauses to smile, which gives Gen an uneasy feeling in her gut. “Come down and see it!” Onew runs back down the stairs, leaving Gen on her bedroom floor.

She gets up and slowly makes her way down the stairs. Afraid of what she might see, she just closes her eyes and says a short prayer. She opens the front door and sees Onew standing at the end of the driveway with his arms wide open, presenting the biggest RV known to man. Where did they get this? How much did it cost?

“Are you serious?” Gen says making her way down the driveway.

“Do you like?” Onew says still in presentation pose.

Totally ignoring Onew, Gen looks at the person behind the wheel. “JAQUAN!! I told you to rent an affordable RV, not a monster mansion on wheels.” Jaquan pops open the RV door and slides out of it. He walks over to Gen and puts a hand on her shoulder.

“You need to calm down. We did everything you told us to do. We got an affordable one bedroom, one bathroom RV that is good on gas.” Gen brushes his hand off her shoulder.

“What do you mean affordable? We can't pay for this. I told you to buy something we can be comfortable in, drive far in, and not waste money to buy. SOME-THING-WE-ARE-A-BLE-TO-AF-FORD”

“Yea- I heard you, but you didn't specify which one of us had to be able to afford it.” At that moment Gen calms down and closes her eyes.

“Did Jinki pay for this RV?” Even though her eyes are close, she knows Jaquan is nodding his head like an idiot. After a minute, she opens them to see both Jaquan and Onew standing in front of her with dumb expressions on their faces.

She looks over to Onew and lightly smiles. “You didnt have to pay for the RV.” Onew smiles back.

“I wanted to. It was my idea to buy it.”

Gen sighs. “Fine.”

“YES!!” Both Onew and Jaquan scream at the same time. High-fives and fist pumps go everywhere. Gen rolls her eyes and walks back into the house.

{}{}}}

 

The next day everyone was packed and ready to go by 6:00am. Gen made sure the house was in shape and nothing was left on, while Onew put their bags and things by the front door. Jaquan arrived at 6:30am exactly with his mother lightly sleeping in the passenger seat next to him. They boarded the big machine and they left the driveway at exactly 6:35am.

Now they are comfortably sitting in their temporary home waiting for California to welcome them with its presence. Gen is reading a book, trying to use this vacation as time to get away from school work. Jaquan is happily driving, listening to his music, while his mother loudly snores next to him, and Onew is quietly face timing with Minho. However it is really hard to keep a good conversation going when he keeps sneaking glances at Gen. Twice Minho had to get Onew's attention back.

“Jinki, what is on the other side of the screen, that is so interesting, that you can't finish any of your sentences?” Onew looks back to miniature Minho on his computer screen. Should he tell him about Gen?

“ I'm just looking at my housemate. Her name is Gen.” After hearing her name, Gen looks up from her book. This whole time Onew has been speaking nothing but Korean. Even though it looks like she is reading a book she is actually trying to pinpoint some words she learned from listening to Kpop, but no such luck. However, she heard her name.

She continues to stare him down, while he continues to talk in his language. “You live with a girl?” Minho asks. Onew nods his head.

“Yep, and we are dating." Minho's eyes spread with unbelief. “Would you like to meet her?” Minho closses his eyes for a moment.

“Wait, wait, wait. You're saying you are dating someone?” Onew ignores Minho and calls for Gen.

“Gen?” Gen looks up from her book again to see what Onew wants. She had given up on trying to find out what he was saying, and started reading her book for real. “Do you want to meet one of my former bandmates?”

 Gen vigorously shakes her head. “Nope.”

“Please, he really wants to meet you.” 

Gen shakes her head again. “Ugh, ugh.”

“Please.”

“Nope.”

“Please, please, please.”

“Ugh, ugh. Nope. Nada. No!” Onew jumps up and makes his way across the RV to Gen. He sits the computer in her lap and points to the screen.

“Minho, this is Gen, Gen this is Minho.” Gen, who is still surprised that she is looking into the eyes of one of Onew's old band members, waves shyly to the screen. Minho, with eyes still wide, just smiles and nods his head.

To break the ice, Onew introduces Minho a little more. “Minho was our rapper and is a great actor.”

“I loved To The Beautiful You. It was my first drama.” Gen says shyly.

“Thank you." He pauses. "So… you're housing Jinki for the year?”

“Yes.”

“And you are dating?”

Gen swallows hard. She hears the bother in his voice. “Yes.”

“That's cool.” Minho looks over to Onew. “우리는 분 혼자 이야기 할 수 있습니까? (Can I speak with you alone for a minute? )” Onew slowly nods hoping that Gen didn't find that rude.

Onew looks to Gen “Minho doesn't like to speak in english for too long. It makes him uncomfortable.” Gen nods and watches him go back to his side of the RV. Onew repositions his computer on his lap and angrily looks at Minho. 

“ 당신과 함께 문제는 무엇인가? (What is the matter with you?)”

“Jinki, you are living with a black girl.” Onew nods his head in a ‘DUH’ way. “You are dating a black girl.” Onew continues to nod.

“Yes Minho, I am dating a black girl. Do you not approve?” Minho leans back into his chair and scratches the back of his head, nervous about what he is about to say. 

“I don't… DON'T approve, it's just... don't you think you could have picked a girl closer to you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean... a less different girl.”

“Like a Korean girl?” Seeing Onew's face darken, Minho tries to save himself.

“Not just a Korean girl, but maybe just someone… Asian.” The last part was a whisper, but Onew still heard it.

“What are you trying to say Minho” Onew knew what he was trying to say, but chose not to say anything. 

Knowing that he was going to have to spell it out for Onew, Minho gave up on beating around the bush. He sighs and relaxes his muscles. “Look hyung, you are coming back in 6 months, why are you dating now? Why couldn't you just wait until you came back to date? I have nothing against Gen, I think she is very pretty, but did you think of her feelings when you decided to date her?” Onew looks down to his hands, Knowing where Minho was going with this. “Don't you think dating someone and then having to break up with them, because you have to leave, is a little unfair? I know you Jinki. You probably thought that the two of you are going to keep in touch after you leave, but Korea and America is a long ways apart...”

“... And let's just say you two stay together. What about your career? I heard SM has plenty for you to do when you come back. How are you going to have a plentiful career with a girlfriend, especially a foreign girlfriend, in the way.” Minho pauses. “I… don't want to sound like a jerk, but if Gen was Asian, It would be better.” Onew looks from his hands to his best friend. “I don't want you to think I don't like Gen. I do… it's just, I'm looking at this from a business angle. You, even though you can't sing anymore, are still famous, Jinki. You still have a promising future ahead of you, and a girlfriend is not what you need right now. And if you where to have a girlfriend, an Asian girl would be best.”

Onew sighs. He didn't think about anything. All he thought about is how cute Gen is and how much he wanted to hold her and kiss her and have her as his. He didn't think about Korea, and what Korea would think. He just was enjoying his life. Yes… he thought he could persuade Gen in coming to Korea with him and being with him, but he threw that thought to the sidelines. They only been dating for three weeks, her moving to Korea with him is way too serious.

Minho sees the sadness in his hyungs eyes and becomes sad himself. He knew it was bad to say those things to him, especially since he is on his vacation. However, all he wants is Onew to be happy. Loosing his voice was the worst thing to ever happen to him, and he still has a promising future; he doesn't want Onew to ruin the rest of his career. Minho likes Gen, he only met her for a few seconds, but she seems sweet, and she is pretty. He sees why Onew likes her, but Onew is his best friend and he has to look out for him.

Minho decides its time for him leave. “Hyung, its almost 11:00pm over here, and I have a photo shoot tomorrow morning. Can we talk later?” Onew smiles at him and nods his head.

“Bye Minho.”

“Bye.” Onew closes the top to his computer and sticks it into his computer bag. He then slugs his way over to Gen and sits next to her. He wraps his hand around her waist and leans leans head into her shoulder. 

Sensing somethin is wrong with Onew, Gen puts her book down and holds him. They reposition to where Gen is leaning her back onto the arm of the long couch with her legs spread out in front of her, and Onew is lying on top of her with his head on her chest. This is the most sensual position they have ever been in since they started dating, if Onew wasn't so upset, Gen would be sweating up a storm.

“What is the matter?” Onew closes his eyes enjoying the feel of her fluffy chest under his head.

“Nothing, just a little tired.” he reaches under her and rubs her back while slowly falling to sleep. Gen rubs his head and combs the hair out of his face, he looks like a sweet angel like this.

{}{}}}

 

After 9 hours of driving, Jaquan is finally able to get out of the RV and stretch his legs. He stretches his hands towards the sky and twists his body. “Aw yes, this feels good.”

“I don't know why you just didn't stop at a rest stop somewhere. You could have BEEN rested and stretched your legs,” Jaquan's mother says while sliding out of the RV. 

“I didn't want to stop. If I stopped then y'all would have wanted to go grab something to eat, then after y'all got done eating, then you would have wanted to look around or something. The 9 hour trip would have taken 11 hours.”

“Stop making up excuses. You just wanted to get here before everyone else so you could get one of the nice bedrooms.” True, Jaquan did want one of the nice bedrooms. “But jokes on you son. You're sleeping in the RV tonight.” Jaquan throws his hands in the air. DAMN!!

Gen hops out the RV and smiles at the sun. What a nice bright sunny day today in California. However it is a cold sunny day in Califronia and she tightens the strap around her big coat. Onew hops out after her and squints towards the sky. It's nice and bright today. Even though its cold you can definitely enjoy your day.

Onew feels something on his arm and sees Gen wrapping her arm around his while her head lays on his shoulder. Ever since he fell asleep on her in the RV, they have been nothing but touchy. He likes that, they need to be touchy. Its a good step forward.

They make their way to the front door of a beautiful two story yellow brick house and loudly knock on it. They hear a distant voice shout and everyone but Onew yells out in response. The door opens wide and a beautiful woman approaches with a smile a mile wide.

“MOMMY!!” Gen yells, disconnecting from Onew to jump on the woman that conceived her. She repeatedly kisses her mother all over the face while screaming out an array of ‘I miss you's’ and ‘I love you's’. Jaquan rolls his eyes.

“IT'S COLD GEN MOVE!!” Jaquan pushes past Gen, quickly kisses Gen's mother on her cheek, and runs in the house. Jaquan's mom walks in after him yelling at him through her teeth. She stops to quickly greet Gen's mom, then proceeds to scold Jaquan. That left Onew at the door starring at the two identical twins in front of him.

Gen finally sets her mom free so she can let her breath. She really misses her mom, she rarely gets to see her. She notices that Onew is still standing at the door and immediately moves out of the way to let him into the warm house.

Onew walks in and takes his red beanie off of his head and rakes his hands through his hair. Gen's mother looks at the boy and then at Gen. She smiles and reaches her hand out for Onew to shake. He lightly grasps her hand and shakes it.

“Jinki, this is my mom Annette. Mom, this is Jinki Lee… my roommate.” Annette's smile fades when she hears roommate come out of her daughter's mouth. 

“Roommate?” Annette lifts one eyebrow at her daughter, but doesn't say anything. “Hello Jinki, its nice to meet you.”

Onew smiles at Annette and bows. “Its nice to meet you too Mrs. Howden.” Gen smiles at how cute he is; bowing and stuff.

“Oh, just call me Nette. How about you take that coat off and make your way into the livingroom. I have some cookies on the table, you can have some if you want.” Onew nods while shrugging of his coat. “Gen, will you come with me in the kitchen please.” Annette walks away from the two and makes her way to the kitchen. Gen looks to Onew and smiles.

“Dont be nervous or anything to go in there. Just sit next to Jaquan and you will be ok. You will get asked a bunch of questions, but Jaquan's got your back if things get uncomfortable.” Onew nods to her and they awkwardly go their separate ways.

{}{}}}

 

Gen enters the kitchen expecting her mother to be angry with her, but when she sees her mothers face, the woman is nothing but smiles. “About time you came home with a boy. I was starting to think you would never get with anyone. I was giving up on you.” Gen's eyes widened.

“You gave up on me?”

“YEP!”

“How do you give up on your only child?”

“Im sorry baby girl but it just seemed like you weren't getting none.”

“What do you mean getting none?” Gen says hoping her mother wasn't saying what she thought she was saying.

“I mean getting NONE.” Gen freaks out.

“MOM!”

Annette puts her hands up in defense. “Im sorry. I don't encourage before marriage at all, but baby if that is the reason why you haven't brought any boys home then, baby have . Let it all go if you want.” Gen couldn't believe what she was hearing. She throws her hands in the air and walks out the kitchen. What in the world just came out of her mothers mouth?

{}{}}}

 

 Onew sits on the living room floor with four young children surrounding him, playing a game. Onew doesn't really know what the game is, but he knows he's losing. Gen's family members watch him play with the children while quietly talking among themselves. Since they were one of the first people to arrive early, there weren't many people in the house. Just 7 people, excluding himself and Jaquan, are in the living room at the moment. He is thankful for this.

Something happens that causes one of the children to burst out in a fit of laughter and when one of them laughes, the others join in too. The two year old that started the choir of laughes repeatedly hits Onew on the shoulder. Onew looks over to him and the baby starts to point at the game board. Onew looks over to the game board and sees nothing the matter, but when he looks back to the baby, he is still laughing. Lacking in reason for the laughter, Onew starts to laugh himself, which makes the children laugh harder. A four year old falls over with laughter, which causes the other children to fallow. Being the only one still up, Onew falls on his back aswell causing all the children to get up and tackle him. The adults watching are laughing as well, not really knowing what is going on. The whole ordeal is confusing, but hilarious.

Gen stands at the entrance to the living room and smiles. Onew, the only guy that can have a whole room laughing from doing absolutely nothing. She was afraid he would be uncomfortable sitting in the living room with the “bland” people in her family. She thought she would have to wait a few hours for the younger, more up beat part of the family to arrive for him to be comfortable, but it seems that he is comfortable with about everybody, no matter the age.

She doesn't have to worry about him. Onew is so confident that she is sure he will be fine around her family. 

{}{}}}

HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER. PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL.

SORRY IF MINHO SOUNDED LIKE A JERK. HE JUST WANTS ONEW TO BE OK. HE CARES ABOUT HIS HYUNG.