I will always love you

Getting His Voice Back

All night, that's how long it took Onew to come up with a way to talk to Gen without pushing her deeper into her hole. He got zero sleep last night. The reason being Gen, and the fact that he couldn't seem to stay out of the bathroom. He is getting worse but he can't think about himself right now. He looks at the clock on his phone. It reads 9:30am. Gen should be on her way out the door for work right now. He hears footsteps coming down the stairs. That's her.

Onew slowly gets up from the bathroom floor; the place where he spent his night, and makes his way out of his bedroom. He opens the door and sees Gen going through her purse. She doesn't notice him at first but when she hears one of the floor boards creek, she turns to see what caused it. When she sees it's Onew she looks down to the floor, not really wanting to see him this morning.

Onew makes his way towards her and she pretends like she is still going through her purse. It takes what seems like a year for him to reach her, but when he does, he places his hands on her shoulders. He rubs her shoulder while looking down to her, waiting for her to look up. When she doesn't he begins to talk.

“Gen, I want to talk about yesterday.” Gen suddenly shakes her head and takes his hands off of her.

“Not right now Jinki, I have to go to work.” Gen turns away from him and makes her way to the door.

“Gen wait. Just listen a minute.” Gen doesn't stop. She reaches her hand for her keys on the key hook and turns the knob on the door. However she doesn't open the door. She stops when she hears his voice, singing to her.

This wasn't Onew's plan, but it's all he's got. He didn't think him singing would have stopped her, but it did.

Gen has no idea what Onew is saying. He is singing in his language, but with the way he is looking at her… she has an idea of what he is saying. He walks over to her and she doesn't move, which is a good sign, but doesn't get too close, her hand is still on the door knob. She could bust out the door any minute. He sings louder, hoping she can feel what he is saying, even if she can't understand.

His voice is still rough, but it's so beautiful to her. She doesn't know how, but she can hear his true voice through the thick fog of his bristly one. From day one, when he first sung to her, she could always here his real voice. She slowly lets go of the door knob and stands fully in front of him. She can't help it, she can't be mad at him for long. He was only trying to care for her, that's all.

Seeing that she let go of the Knob, Onew walks closer and closer to her until…

COUGH COUGH! He feels his old friend come back. He thought he threw up enough last night for it to at least give him a break today, but no. It's back, ready for another round of agony. COUGH COUGH COUGH! However, stop singing is not an option. He is not going to stop until he is satisfied, until the song is over, until Gen understands how he feels. He is not going to let this cough, this illness, Gen's unhealthy diet, or whatever else, tear him apart from true happiness. COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH! COUGH COUGH!

Gen sees Onew struggling and coughing and gets worried. She loves his voice, but he has to slow down.

COUGH COUGH! Onew is not going to be unhappy anymore, he is not going back to that. He wants Gen. He needs Gen. Gen brought him more happiness in a few months, than fame had brought him in five years. Onew admits it, COUGH COUGH, that he's been depressed before. He admits that striving on was an unanswered question before. IT . But Gen brought him so much happiness that he doesn't think could ever be unhappy again.

COUGH COUGH! Onew continues to sing through his struggle and Gen sees this. “Jinki stop.” but he continues. “Jinki please stop. I'm not mad at you anymore.” but he continues. Onew starts to turn red and purple, while his coughs grow stronger.

He is so weak already, the harshness of his coughs cause him to topple over onto the floor. At this point Gen is freaking out. She screams before running over to Onew to help him up, but she can't. His eyes are closed and he is still singing his heart out on the floor. Gen tries her best to sit him up, but Onew is heavy. She has gotten weaker herself, with all the laxatives and light meals she been eating.

Onew continues to cough. His singing has gone down to a light whisper. This scares Gen. He might be losing conscious. “Jinki please, please, please stop,” Gen says, tears starting to form. “Please stop Jinki.” Gen sits on the floor, trying to pull him onto her lap. Doing this disrupts him and causes his coughing to come on full force.

Onew, being on his back jerks over to his side and spits up on the floor, then passes out. Gen sees the blood stained floor and covers with her hands while shutting her eyes. Through her hands she asks, begs, and pleads Onew to wake up. “Please Jinki, baby please wake up! Oh my God. Just please wake up.” Tears are flowing out of her eyes. You would think they would be unable to flow with how tightly shut her eyes are.

Gen tries again to lift Onew up on her lap and manages to get him in between her legs with his back against her chest. She pulls her phone out of her purse, which is still wrapped around her body. She calls 911 and tells them what happened. The lady on the other end asks for her address and Gen quickly tells her. The lady tells Gen an ambulance will be over there soon and Gen hangs up the phone after a thank you followed by a goodbye.

She holds Onew in her dark living room. She never turns on the lights when she is leaving early to go to work. She kind of wished she did. Onew's really pale right now and some light would make his skin seem healthier, but it's not on, and he is not healthy. He is unconscious in her arms. Gen can't stop the tears and doesn't try to. She lightly Onew's soft hair as he lay limp in her arms and she quietly prays to God that the ambulance arrives soon.

{}{}}}

 

Onew opens his eyes to bright lights and white ceiling. It's really cold and he feels… high. As his vision clears he notices he is in the hospital and the high feeling is the medicine. He shifts a little, feeling stiff; he must have been laying here for a while. He lifts up his arms, trying to sit himself up. His body is really heavy, so it takes him a while to get in a comfortable sitting position. When in a nice position, Onew looks around but winced in pain. He puts a hand to his throat and lightly squeezes, which is a stupid thing to do. Onew winces again. He had another surgery. He can't help but get sad. First surgery made him lose his career, what's this surgery going to do?

{}{}}}

 

Gen stands in the lobby, talking to the doctor. She has been at the hospital for 48 hours. Onew still hasn't woken up and she is beginning to get worried.

“Don't be worried Ms. Howden. Mr. Lee should be waking up any time now. The medicine we are giving him makes him sleepy so it's prolonging the anesthesia. That's all. It's normal for patients to be out of it for more than a day.” Gen rubs her arms. Cold from the hospital air.

“Ok. And you are sure he is going to be 100% fine?”

“I'm 100% sure Mr. Lee is going to be 100% fine.” Gen nods, satisfied in his answer. The doctor excuses himself and Gen turns to go back into Onew's room.

She walks to the door and gets ready to open it, but hears noise in the room. She jerks the door open and sees Onew sitting on his bed with the remote in his hand. Gen is ecstatic. She happily squeals and runs over to Onew, tackling him in a hug. It is painful but Onew didn't make a noise, he just enjoyed Gen in his arms again. Gen lets Onew go only to grab him by his head and fiercely kiss him over and over. She thought she lost him back there. Onew smiles, he always loves kisses from Gen.

“Jinki oh my god. Do you know how scared I was? Don't ever do that to me again. You hear me?” Knowing he can't talk, Onew nods to her.

Gen gets off of Onew and sits in a chair next to the bed. Onew points towards her cellphone and Gen gives it to him. She watches his fingers move around the screen until he turns the phone towards her. On the screen is a message for her and Gen realizes what he was doing.

   [What happened?]

Gen looks back at him and smiles.

“While you were singing you threw up and passed out.” Onew goes back to the phone and starts to type.

   [I probably should have stopped. I'm sorry I put you through that.]

Gen shakes her head. “No. If I wasn't so focused on my weight, I would have noticed how sick you were. I'm so stupid. Jinki I'm so sorry.”

   [Don't be, it's mostly my fault. This is the second time I have awoken in a hospital after passing out on the floor.]

Gen smiles, but she still feels the guilt.

   [What did the doctor say?]

Gen intertwined her hands with Onew's. “When you were in surgery the doctor couldn't find anything, but after looking some more he found some hard tissue deep in a hidden spot of your throat. He says that it's a possibility that your surgeon back home didn't see it.”

Onew's eyes widen. [So the tumor is still inside me?]

“No the surgeons got it out. They said it was the cause of the coughs you had. They assume that you've been having these coughs way before yesterday. Have you?” Onew nods. “Jinki! Why didn't you tell me or Jaquan?” Gen asks whining. Instead of typing out his answer Onew just looks down to the TV remote in his hands. Gen continues. “They think the throwing up of blood was frequently done as well.” Gen doesn't look at him; she knows he was hiding that too. Onew places her phone in her lap.

   [How come this time was so extreme?]

“The doctor said that the tumor was pretty lose when he got to it so he thinks that when you sing the air passing through your esophagus pushes it around and causes the coughing. The air is stronger when you're singing so I'm guessing that's why it only happens when you sing. The doctor also saw fresh red scarring, so some of the tumor must have come out when you threw up yesterday.” Onew nods in understanding. Gen gives her phone back to him.

   [So all of it is gone now?] Gen nods and Onew smiles. [That's good.]

He is so cute when he smiles so big. Gen stands and leans over the bed to give him a big kiss on the lips. When she disconnects he lightly grabs her hair and kisses her again. When done, Gen moves to sit back down, but stops when the door suddenly opens.

A little Asian lady and a man, who Gen is guessing is her husband, walks in the room with fear all over their faces. The lady looks at Onew then looks at Gen. Gen looks back at the lady and man then looks at Onew. She notices the resemblance between Onew and these two people and this causes her to jump up. She looks back to the two adults and freezes. This has got to be Onew's parents.

Onew lightly takes Gen's hands and rubs them trying to get her attention. She slowly looks down at Onew. “I think it's time for me to go now. I will see you later.” She quickly walks to the door. She shyly says hello and moves past them to walk out. Onew wants to call for her, but he can't talk and it is kind of an awkward setting.

Onew's mother and father look after the girl, then looks back to Onew. Onew just sits in his hospital bed and smiles. Not even caring about the look they are giving him. They close the door before going deeper into the room. Onew frowns. He is about to get another lecture.

{}{}}}

 

Gen walks down the hall towards a vending machine and buys her a candy bar and a pack of m&m's. Chocolate soothes her. She did not expect to meet Onew's parents today. She didn't expect to meet Onew's parents ANY day. Actually, the thought of meeting Onew's parents never passed her mind. She sits down in the lobby and eats her candy. No food is allowed in the lobby, but if there is no food allowed then why is there a vending machine? Gen hasn't had a chocolate bar in so long, she dares anyone to come up to her and tell her she can't have any food right now.

They gonna get a nice sanctified slap to the face.

{}{}}}

 

Onew is surprised that it took them so long to get here. He guesses the insurance call is longer overseas.

“Jinki I can not believe you did this stupid thing again,” Onew's father says. “You know what the first surgery did to you, who knows what this surgery could do. You might not be able to talk period.” Onew once again feels guilty.

“I just can't understand why you don't get help, or at least tell someone when you are sick. Why didn't you tell us, or your Shinee brothers? You could have at least told your girlfriend, she lives with you,” Onew's mother says. Onew's eyes widen. They know? Onew reaches for the tablet and pen his mother sat in front of him. It's the same tablet and pen from the first time.

   [How do you know about her?]

“Minho told us.” Onew frowns. Minho can't seem to keep anything to himself nowadays. “We wanted to know more about your stay in America so we asked Minho if he would relay some things he found out from you. When he found out, he told us your are seeing an American black girl. So that's how we know Chen,” his father says, completely mispronouncing Gen's name.

“Don't be mad at Minho, Jinki. We asked him and he answered. He didn't tell us these things to tattle on you, he told us because we asked him to.” Onew wasn't mad. He just wanted to tell his parents himself about Gen. His mother puts her hand on top of his. “Minho said you really like this girl.” Onew nods. “Then why did you hide your troubles from her?”

   [Because I wanted to stay with her. I wasn't ready to leave. I wanted more time with her.] Onew's mother smiles. He did this all out of love.

“Jinki, Chen is a pretty girl. Minho says she is nice too. I can see in your eyes why you hid your sickness from her. I would like to meet her some more.” Onew smiles at his mother.

   [So you approve of her?]

“I am like every other Korean mother. I want what is best for my son. I would like for you to be with a Korean girl, but you have been going through so much lately that I think you deserve whatever you want. So if you want Chen, I will not stop you from having her.” she says, struggling with her words. Saying this is not easy for her, but her little boy is happy and she wants him to stay that way. Onew grins widely. He then looks at his father.

   [What about you dad?]

He sighs and this worries Onew. However when he begins to nod, Onew's heart beat quickens. “When I said you looked happier, I knew your new girlfriend had to have something to do with it.” Onew is ecstatic. So ecstatic that he could jump and sing all over this hospital.

This must be the best day of his life. He is tumor free, he can sing as bad as he wants without any bad consequences, and his parents like his girlfriend. He can't wait to tell Gen or Chen, as his parents say.

{}{}}}

 

It's been a month and a half and Onew and Gen couldn't be any closer. Gen stopped dieting and began to eat normally, and Onew stop throwing up and coughing. Onew told Gen about his parents decision to let them be together and Gen was nothing but happy. However, she couldn't be happy for long.

After Onew's big accident he got a call from his insurance company claiming that complete protection overseas over something as big as a surgery can't be supported. They protected him from his recent surgery, but any further incidents of that amplitude can not be covered and will put his insurance on pause. After hearing this Onew had to make the decision to go back to Korea early. His parents are on his insurance and if the insurance was to become dormant, not only he, but his parents will be unprotected.

He doesn't want to leave, but he must. It was getting so good though. Gen and he were getting closer, his parents were getting to know Gen as well as America, and he can now eat all his favorite food again. It was getting so good. However all good things must come to an end.

Onew walks through the door of his home away from home and walks to his room. He and Jaquan have been moving his stuff out of his room all day and they are finally close to getting it all out. They just had a few things to get. All the big stuff he bought will be left with Gen, and she can do with it whatever she wants. He enters his room and grabs some things only to leave and walk right out the door again. On his way out he looks in the kitchen and sees his mother and Gen sitting at the kitchen table laughing while Gen shows her all the art she has drawn.

Onew smiles to himself. He loves how much his mother and Gen have bonded over the weeks. They seem to like the same things and both are very invested in babying Onew through his healing process. Yea, they can't understand each other, but they are really good with charades, and seem to be doing just fine. Onew's father, who is more introverted than his mother is bonding with Gen as well. They might not have the same things in common, but he is very interested in the foods Gen cooks. Just like Onew, Onew's father has a huge appetite and the fact that Gen likes to feed people automatically puts Gen on his good side.

Onew continues on to the moving truck and puts his things in the back. His father sits in the driver's seat blasting the heater, not even trying to help. Onew rolls his eyes and turns to go back into the house. He walks to his room and sits down on his bed. Jaquan gets up from the floor and sits next to him. It's quiet for a moment, but Jaquan soon interrupts the silence.

“You know, I never would have thought I would be best friends with a famous person. Now I can tell all my other friends I got connections in Korea.” Onew smiles at Jaquan. “Imma get straight to the point man. Imma miss you. Imma miss you, your weird little happy personality, the way you make me laugh, and coming over and sitting with you on the couch.” Jaquan encloses Onew's hands with his and brings him in for a bro hug.

They disconnect and continue to sit. “You know, I'm not gone yet. This is my last night,” Onew says with a little rasp to his voice.

“I know, but I might as well get my goodbye over with.” Jaquan moves and grabs the last box of stuff and makes his way to the door. “Im just going to put this last bit of crap in the moving truck.”

Onew looks around his soon to be ex-room. Everything but the bed and dresser is gone. He even took his giant Korean flag. He offered to give it to Gen, but she said she didn't want it. Actually she didn't say she didn't want it, she kind of just looked at him like he had two heads and walked off.

Tonight is his last night. He rubs his hand on the bed. He packed his bed sheets; what is he going to sleep under? Maybe his parents will let him bunk with them at their hotel. Naw. He wants to spend his last night in America in Gen's house. Maybe he will just have to get some extra blankets and sleep like that. Or… he could sleep in Gen's bed. Onew smiles; red covering his face. She never let him sleep in her bed before; maybe she will make an exception.

At that moment Gen walks through Onew's door. She sees him smiling and smiles herself. What is this boy thinking about now? She walks over to him and sits down next to him. “What are you thinking about?” Onew grabs Gen by her hips and leads her on his lap. Her body is still different, but it's closer to home. He wraps his arms around her and leans his head on her shoulder.

“I want to ask you a question. ”

{}{}}}

 

It took some whining but Gen finally said yes. What did she have to lose letting him sleep with her in her bed? Well she could think of a couple things, but she pushed them away and led him up to her room.

 His parents left an hour ago and Jaquan left an hour before that. So it is just Gen and Onew now. Onew walks closely behind Gen as they go up the stairs. Gen notices this and stops. She turns around and looks Onew in the eyes.

“Jinki?” Onew looks at her confused on why she stopped.

“Hmm?”

“I trust you Jinki. You are leaving tomorrow and I'm never going to see you again. I trust you, but I'm not ready.”

Getting what she is saying, Onew's eyes widen. He would be lying if he said he didn't think about that, but Gen is his girl, and he wants his girl to be comfortable. “And I respect that.” Gen's smiles bright and grabs Onew. She places her lips on his then pops up and takes his hand.

She continues to walk up the stairs worry free. No, she didn't want to go all the way with Onew, even if it is his last day in America. However, she is going to make his last night a night to remember.

“I DO want to make tonight special.”

“Oh really?”

“Mmhm. Come on Jinki, let's go to bed.”

{}{}}}

 

Onew opens his eyes as something moves under him. He jerks up and realizes he slept on top of Gen last night. Last night. Onew smiles to himself. Last was awesome. No, they didn't have , but OH was he close to taking her. 

*As they changed to go to bed Gen decided that she was only going to sleep in her bra and underwear. It shocked him, but he soon got over it. He stripped as well and only left his boxer briefs on. Gen was nervous but once they were in the bed together, she calmed down.

This was the first time Gen has ever done this with someone so when they started it was a little slow. Onew started first; too excited at the fact that Gen was in his arms with only two pieces of thin fabric covering her. He kissed her on her lips, then moved down to her neck. He rubbed her back and as he did that, Gen began to loosen up. Gen brought her hands up his chest and rub there, and then later moved them up to his hair. As they got more into it, Gen found herself under Onew.

Onew kissed her down her neck and to her chest. She couldn't help the gasp as Onew kissed around her , around the fabric he desperately wanted to remove. His lips and tongue made their way in between her and worked there, making Gen's heart beat faster. He was having the time of his life. His hands itched for this so long and now he finally had the chance to get it. After a while of loving on her , Onew made his way back to Gen's lips. 

Gen was light headed; she had never had anything like that before. As he touched his lips to hers, Gen decided she didn't want to just lay there. She ran one hand down his chest, lightly brushing her fingertips over his . Onew shuddered a little before smiling against her lips. Her hand passed his flat stomach and stopped at the hem of his boxer breifs. Onew lifted a little, giving her all the space she needed. He was hard and he knew it, he just hoped Gen didn't get scared or anything. Her hand went further down until her fingertips fell upon the beginning of a bump. Onew disconnected from her lips to bury his head in her neck. Gen continued on until her hand was directly on Onew's hard on.

Her eyes widened. She did it. She touched him. She pressed against it and squeezed it a little. It was quite large and she began to wonder what it looked like. Gen moved it around some more and heard a moan come from Onew. She heated up a little and continued to run her hand around his . Onew pushed his lower body against Gen, really enjoying what she was doing to him.

Onew out one hand to her and rubbed it around while his other hand ran under her to get a hold onto her behind. And that was how it was for a while until Onew had enough of her teasing and grabbed her hand. He held onto it while it pleasured him and brought his lips to her ear.

“Gen please make me feel good.” Gen was a little confused. Wasn't she making him feel good the whole time? Onew took her hand away from his and began to lower his boxers. He hoped he wasn't going too fast for her because he really wanted this.

Gen felt something hit her middle and she froze a little. Oh! Make him FEEEEL good. Onew took her hand again and placed it right on his pulsing . Gen gasped so loud that she scared Onew. He looked her in the eyes in question. She looked right back at him.

“Jinki,” was all she could say. She was so she couldn't really move. It took Onew's to jerk in her hand for her to move. The hand that wasn't under the cover went up to the back of Onew's head. She brought his head down to hers and kissed him hard. At the same time she moved her hand back and forth on Onew's . Onew moaned grabbing her hips in his hands, digging his fingers in them.

Later he found his hands in Gen's underwear, pleasuring her, making her moan in his ear. It was pure bliss. The noises she made, the way her hand felt on him, and the way she felt on his fingers. It was pure bliss. The room was filled with her cries, his groans, and a few other sounds. It was the best night.*

Onew moves off of Gen. He told Gen he loved her tonight. She confessed as well. Finally he found someone he loves and he has to leave her in a few hours. She cried last night. She didn't want him to leave. Onew said he will always love her and they will always be together. She continued to cry until she couldn't anymore then Onew kissed her tears away from her face, took her underwear completely off, and pleasured her with his fingers until she fell asleep.

He raises the covers over her body and just stares at her. She is so beautiful. He scoots her body close to his and wraps his arms around her body. Gen, still asleep, raises one leg up his waist and settles in for a comfortable sleep. Onew closes his eyes with his chin over her head. If only he could stay.

{}{}}}

 

Gen said her goodbyes, tears flowing down her face. She hugs him and kisses him. She gives him gifts for him and his parents, and watches him walk out the door and into Jaquan's truck. She didn't want to drive him to the airport. It would be too hard. It was hard enough waking him up this morning to tell him he had to go.

Last night was so special. She never went that far before. The way he touched her, the things he said to her, the way he said he loved her, the way he reacted when she said she loved him, it was all so… wonderful.

Tears continued to fall from her eyes.

“Jinki Lee.”

{}{}}}

 

ONE MORE CHAPTER Y'ALL!!! IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT THE ASTERISK WAS FOR, IT WAS TO SHOW Y'ALL IT WAS A FLASHBACK. AND I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT INSURANCE SOO I OBVIOUSLY MADE UP ALL THAT.