Time to let go

Getting His Voice Back

--- THERE IS A CHURCH SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER JUST IN CASE YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH CHURCH. ALSO, IM SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG. LESS FREE TIME---

 

“SAY WHAAAAAT?” Jaquan says loudly, disturbing the quiet of his young cousin's home

“I know right.” Gen says while putting on her name tag. She was getting ready for work when Jaquan walked through the door looking for her. She decided to tell Jaquan so Onew wouldn't have to. She knew he was still uncomfortable with his loss, so she saved him the trouble by telling Jaquan herself. 

“ I cannot believe this. He was famous this whole time." He pauses. "You think he will loan me 600 dollars? ” Gen looks up at him and hits him on his shoulder.

“No fool! I have to go to work, so leave my house." 

He kisses his palm and hits her on the forehead. “Love you lil' cus.”

 “Eww! Love you too.” She wipes her wet forehead and proceeds with getting ready for work.

 {}{}}}

 

Jaquan feels bad for Onew, who wouldn't. One day your all happy and singing and the next day you can't sing anymore. It's like life just decided you can't be happy anymore.

Jaquan knows how it feels to loose something that defines you. He experienced it himself. It hurts, and it leaves a hole in your heart that can never be refilled.

But the hole can be refilled. He refilled his. Onew can too. Jaquan just has to help him.

 

BRIIIINNG BRIIIINNG!! BRIIIINNG BRIIIINNG!!

 

Jaquan stops walking and reaches down in his pocket to retrieve his cell phone.

“Hello?” he hears a slow laugh on the other end and immediately rolls his eyes. “Joseph man, what do you want?” he hears a scoff come from the man.

“How come you gotta sound like that everytime I call you?” Jaquan laughes a little.

“Probably because evertime you call me its to borrow something or try to get my lil' cousin's number.” he hears a laugh.

“Man, im over your cousin. I found a new girl. She's not as thick as Gen, but she gets the job done.”

“Ew dude. Dont call my cousin thick, that's nasty.”

“She IS thick, nice and healthy. You know I like to eat healthy.” Jaquan bent forward, about to throw up all over the sidewalk. He hears Joseph laughing through the phone. “Thats not why I called anyway. We are having a party tonight and I'm in charge of guests. I would like you and Gen to come. Spread the word.” Regaining himself, Jaquan agreed to come and spread the word. 

“Good, bring some girls from Rette University, they have some nice looking girls over there.”

“Fine man, bye.” he hangs up and continues his walk home. He smiles to himself. A party is just what he needs. To be surrounded by people with good music blasting from the speakers.

Maybe a party is what Jinki needs too. He can let loose, dance a little. Maybe get a girl, get laid, and relax. There is nothing a good lay can't fix. He smiles to himself. Jinki is about the most awkward person he ever met, if he was to get laid tonight, it would be a miracle.

{}{}}}

 

The sun is shining and the wind is blowing in Bertholdi park today. Children are running around, smelling flowers, while their parents walk slowly behind them. It is a great day to read a book outside.

And that is exactly what Onew is doing. There is nothing much to do today. There is nothing going on in the house or around town, so he went to a local bookstore and bought a book. It's not really what he wants to do today, but he had nothing to do and the book is kind of interesting so far. However he is having a hard time reading it, because of the fact that it is in English. 

But he is determined to read it; he just spent 20 dollars on it, he better read it.

Onew feels a vibration on his leg. Reaching into his pocket he grabs his phone to see who is calling him. Gen's name pops on the screen. He pushes the green button and places the phone to his ear.

“Hello?”

“Hey Jinki!” Gen says, genuinely happy to hear his voice. 

“Hey Gen!” Onew says, smiling. 

"Ok, so I just got off, and im on my way to the house imma need you to meet me there. Ok?”

Onew's eyes widens. “Is everything ok?” He would hate if anything happened to the house.

Gen laughes. “No boy. Jaquan invited us to a party tonight and its a long distance away. We need to get ready now or we will be late.” Onew relaxes and shuts his book. A party?

“How do you know I want to go to a party tonight? Maybe I want to just stay home and watch tv.” He hears absolutely nothing in the other end. He had to take the phone away from his ear to make sure she is still on the phone.

“Oh, uhm. If you want to stay home you can. I just thought you might have wanted to go somewhere tonight, since its been a quiet week. But if you dont want to go I can stay with you, if you don't want to be alone.”

Onew smiles at the sad tone in her voice. He sighs into the receiver.

“I guess I could go. I never been to an American party before.” 

“YAAAAAY! I really didn't want to miss this party. I will see you when you get home, ok? Bye.” 

“Bye.” Onew hangs up the phone and prepares to leave.

His first American party. He is both excited and nervous about this. He is excited because he needs to party. Its a great stress reliever and a good way to meet people. He is nervous because parties can go either way. It could go really good, or tremendously bad.

He takes his time walking to his car. He is in no real rush. The park isn't that far from the house. Onew actually could have walked to the park, but he bought the car for a reason.

{}{}}}

 

Neol mannago maeil saerowojyeo

 

Dapdaphaetdeon maeumi ppeong tturlyeoseo

 

Simjangi tteugeowo neomu tteugeowoseo

 

Gwaenhi neol barabomyeon nattteugeowojyeo~

 

Onew winced as he listens to Gen butcher CRUSH's HUG ME. She didnt know any of the words, but he didnt judge, its an entirely different language. He just wish she didn't have to sing so loud.

Hug Hug Hug Me!

Hug Hug Hug Me!

Hug Hug Hug Me!

Hug Hug Hug Me!

He laughes at her. Ever since he told her his secret she has been looking up every kpop song from the last 10 years to now. He likes that she is into his country's music, but if he knew he would have to go through this, he would have postponed his confession. 

“This is such a good song! I cant believe I didn't find kpop sooner," Gen says finally calming down. “Its a bummer I dont know what they are saying.”

She sits back and relaxes against the seat of Onew's car. Onew volunteered to drive since Gen had just gotten off of work and is a little “tired”. She rests her head on the window and takes a deep breath. Closing her eyes, Gen desides to take a nap before they get to the party.

“Hey, you need me?” Gen asks, eyes still close; trying to put the seat back.

“No, I have the GPS to help me. Go to sleep.” He reaches for the radio to turn the music down. 

“Ok, just wake me up if you need me.” Gen settles in her seat. Onew looks over to her. He guess she IS tired after all. She probably used up the rest of her energy when she was singing and dancing.

Refocusing on the road Onew begins to silently drive to their destination. The radio was quietly playing Korean music while the air conditioning blew lightly on his skin. Gen moved her air vent away from her, pointing it towards Onew. She knew he liked air so except for just shutting it she just moved it over a little bit.

He was amazed when he found the Korean station on his phone. iHeartRadio has a live kpop radio station that is hosted in Hawaii called K-POP 107.5. He was super grateful he found it, it could help with the home sickness. Along with the giant Korean flag in his room.

When he told Gen she immediately went to Wal-Mart for something to connect his phone with the radio.

He looks back at Gen. She lightly sleeps, with her arm covering her face, one leg tucked under her while the other lays on top of it. Her short hair lightly blowing from the one air vent pointing in her direction.

 

Gen's Dress

 

 She wears a flowy knee length floral dress and black flats. In Onew's opinion it would look better with heels but he remembered a conversation they had a few days ago.

A girl came in Mr. Cafe wearing nine inch heels and Gen about had a heart attack. Onew asked why she was so shocked about it, and she simply said ‘Heels are evil.’ and walked off. Jaquan later explained to him that she has a hard time walking in high heels, and chooses no to learn to walk in them.

Onew agrees with her decision. He doesn't think they are evil, but they aren't necessary. They can complete an outfit, but so can simple pair of flats. The longer he lives with Gen the more he admires her simplicity. 

It took her a whole two and a half hours to get ready. It simply took him 30 minutes. All he did was shower and put on a shirt and pants. That took 25 minutes; the last five was for his hair. Simple.

 

Onew's Outfit

 

He stretches while at a red light. They've been driving for 45 minutes already. He has to pee. 

Traffic continues and Onew presses on the gas. He turns up the radio a little bit, being careful not to wake up Gen. It was on commercial but that is ok, it sounds like its almost over anyway. And he is right. Soon he hears the stations self promotion and the music start.

The beat sounds familiar to him and he turns it up to hear it better. However, he realises it to be Colorful. He immediately turns it off and switches the radio to the American stations. He settles back in his seat and presses the gas harder. Done with the traffic.

He is ready to party.

{}{}}}

 

By the time Onew arrives, and finds a parking spot, the party has already started. They weren't too late though, as Gen said. 

“Their parties always end REALLY late. So even if you arrive an hour late, your still on time.”

Onew follows Gen up the driveway towards the huge three story house. Many people stand outside the house dressed in all kinds of fashions, drinking from their red cups, being loud. The music impossibly exploding from all corners of the yard. 

Looking around, Onew realises there are speakers on the outside, as well as, the inside of the house. The ground vibrated at each hit of the bass. It is so strong, every time it hits, it feels like his legs are giving out. He actually had to hold on to Gen for a minute to regain himself. She, of course, looked at him like he was insane.

However the vibrations on the ground are nothing compared to the rush of sound that hits your face when you first open the front door He squinted his eyes at how loud it was. But music aside. What he sees is the most awesome thing known to man. 

Bright blue lights where the main source of light in the room. Spotlights rotated around the place while giant clear balloons bounced from person to person, wall to wall, and floor to ceiling.

Glitter flowed around the room, coating everyone in shiny gold and tiny bubbles descended from an unknown source; landing on everything; leaving everyone sticky. Hundreds of bodies gyrate in the house. Voices and music collide together, making one loud noise. 

There was a king sized bed in the middle of the floor, supporting probably over 30 young bodies. Why it was there? Probably no LOGICAL reason. He looks over to his left to see a bikini clad girl with a huge lion head covering her face. She skips around the room scaring people. He looks over to his right to see two guys tied together back to back, fighting to reach cups of beer in front of them. Onew guesses whoever reaches his beer first, wins. They both are huge men, one moment the guy on the right is dragging the guy on the left, and another moment the guy on the right is the one being dragged. It is a stupid yet entertaining game.

Gen grabs him by the hand and leads him through the party to the kitchen. She stops by the kitchen table which is covered with drinks and food.

“Wait here. Im going to go find Jaquan ok?” Onew nods and pulls a chair from under the table. He sits while she turns to leave. He hopes she finds him quick, he still has to pee.

{}{}}}

 

“Jaquan… Jaquan… JAQUAN!!! You better not be in there.” Gen screams, leaning against one of the bedroom doors. The party JUST started and he better not be with a girl already.

“Im not, crazy!” Gen turns around to see Jaquan lazily leaning against the opposite wall. 

“You better not be. I would have been super dissapointed in you.” Jaquan rolls his eyes.

“First of all the hottest girls haven't even arrived yet. Everybody knows hot girls don't arrive until two hours after the party starts.”

“Whatever. Look, Jinki is downstairs in the kitchen. Show him a good time and don't get him in trouble.” Gen gives him the eye and starts to walk off, but Jaquan quickly stops her.

“Can you wait though. I got to do something before I go down there.”

“What are you doing?”

“Joseph asked me to refill the bubble machine. There is like ten of them so...”

“Fine go." She turns and descends down the stairs quickly, not wanting Onew to wait for long.

{}{}}}

 

He couldn't wait for long, he had to go before he embarrassed himself in front of everyone. So he quickly found a downstairs bathroom and let it out. 

Not wanting Gen to come back before he does, he quickly washed his hands and sat back down in the kitchen, wiping his hands on his shirt in the process. As soon as he sits down Gen walks in the kitchen.

“Sorry for the wait, Jaquan will be down here in a minute. In the meantime what do you want to do?” Onew looks at yhr ceiling, then looks over his shoulder to the food filled table. He raises his eyebrows at Gen. “I should have known.” She smiles and rolls her eyes while he reaches back and grabs a bag of chips and two beers. He places his beer in between his legs and hands the other beer to Gen. 

She turns and places the beer back on the table. Onew pauses to look at her. “You don't like beer?” she smiles and shakes her head. 

“I don't drink.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“It's ok. You didn't know, but you can drink all you want.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yep.” She eyes the chips. “Are you going to give me those chips or are you going to hold them and let them stale?”

{}{}}}

 

“So 3+3= gwi-yo-mi?” Gen says making guns out of three fingers and repeatedly shoots Onew in the face.

“Yes.” Onew says laughing. 

“Ok whats the next step?” Onew swallows the chips in his mouth and rubs his cheese covered fingers on his pants.

 “4+4= gwi-yo-mi~.” He shows her the move and she bursts in a fit of laughter.

“What is that?” Onew laughes with her.

“An octopus?” he says, still laughing. He is on his second or third cup of beer and is starting to forget. He can't even remember what 5+5 equals.

“Ha ha ha thats so cute. And you performed this in front of an audience?” he nods, sipping from his beer. “I bet everyone liked it. It's really… wait.” she stops talking and sits still for a moment. “I love this song. It's so beautiful.” 

Onew listens to the song being played from the speakers. It is a slow song and it sounds pretty good. He sets his beer down on the table and stands up. He reaches his hand to Gen. 

“Would you like to dance?” A face of pure uncertainty appears and she shakes her head vigurously. “Come on, I know how to dance.” She didn't budge and Onew is forced to drag her up. 

He pulls her through the crowd, past the king sized bed, and pony, to the middle of the room. He stops and wraps his arms around her waist. She stands there, still, not making an attempt to embrace him back. She feels weird doing this. On the other hand Onew feels fine and unaffected. It could be the beer.

Onew grasps her arms and places them around his neck. How are they going to dance with her being so stiff. He returns his hands to her waist and starts to slowly sway back and forth. 

It was incredibly awkward for her at first, but after she got used to it and the song got into her system she found herself loosening up and enjoying the dance. She even laid her head on his chest while his forehead was on her shoulder. Her hands traveled down to his shoulders, not being able to lay her head on his chest and keep her arms around his neck at the same time.

They stay like that for the entire song. Enjoying the warmth of each other's bodies. Gen listening to his heartbeat, and Onew breathing in her sweet perfume. And when the song was over only one of them moves to separate. 

“Jinki, the song is over.” she hears silence. She taps him on the shoulder, but gets nothing. “JINKI!”

“Snore, Snore, Snore.” Gen widens her eyes. 

“What are you doing?”

“Snore, Snore, Snore.” Gen cracks a smile

“Get off of me boy.” She pushes his shoulders to escape but he doesn't budge.

“Snore, Snore, Snore.” Gen starts laughing now. “Snore, Snore, Snore.” 

“Ha ha get away from me~!” she moves and twist to get out of his grasp, but he stays in position. “JINKI!!”

“Ummmm sorry to interrupt this… weirdness, but y'all kinda ruining my vision here,” Jaquan says partially covering his eyes. Gen rolls her eyes while Onew stands. “You ready man?” Disconnecting from Gen, Onew walks over to Jaquan. Jaquan puts his arms around Onew's shoulder and leads him out of the crowd.“I'm going to introduce you to some of my friends.” 

Gen stands there alone in the middle of the crowd. Now that Jaquan took Jinki, she can go find her girl-friends and do some gossiping. 

{}{}}}

 

“Alright dude, do it to me… right here." A big brawly dude approaches Onew. One hand on his hip and the other lightly shaking his balls through his thin shorts.

“OOOOOOO man no… what are you doing?” the boys say. The big dude looks back at them and smirks. 

“I want to see if it really hurts like y'all say it does.” 

“Um, yea… it hurts. Look at my forhead,” one guy in the group of 20 says, pointing towards his red forehead. However, the guy doesn't listen and lays on the floor anyway.

After Jaquan took Onew from Gen, he introduced him to the football team. They then proceeded to drink make jokes and play around. Onew, who has had way more than 3 beers, decided he was going go crack walnuts with his finger like he used to do. Seeing this, the football team immediately asked him to crack all of them. It kind of became a game of ‘How many walnuts can Jinki break in under 1 minute.'. The result was… all of them.

Onew then told them how he used to do it on people and over 10 guys volunteered to get their foreheads, throat, eyes, and everything else hit with Onew's strong middle finger. Onew had thought he had hit everything, but obviously he was wrong.

Onew sits on the ground next to the daring guy who's willing to sacrifice is balls in the name of research.

“Somebody go get some ice. And precall the ambulance just in case go down.” Jaquan yells taking out his phone to record. 

The guy slightly widens his legs so Onew can get to him. Onew crouches and gets ready to do it when somebody yells wait. After a few seconds of silence the guy speaks again. “I had to pray for his future children.They are probably going to have brain damage.” Soft laughter fills the room, but soon dies down in anticipation. Onew assumes position and draws back his finger.

Silence is all you hear for a second, then a loud POP, then an even louder “AAAAHHHH , , DAMN. OH MY GOD!”

“OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! DUUUUUUUUDE!!!” 

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!

{}{}}}

 

“I can't believe I drove all they way back, and is dragging these two drunk idiots into my house. I got something for them,” Gen says as she supports Onew on one shoulder and practically drags Jaquan into her house. “I mean, they are huge. They should be carrying me.” she throws Onew on the couch and leaves Jaquan on the floor. “I'm going to bed, they are staying right where they are.”

--

The next morning Gen woke up well rested. However, everyone downstairs wasn't as lucky. They woke up with bags under their eyes, face wet for some reason, and hair a mess. Onew looks down at the couch and sees a a huge wet spot where his face was. He touches the side of his face realising he drooled buckets while he was sleep. Jaquan's shirt was off and his pants were on there way off. He must have tried to undress while unconscious. 

They look at each other and smile. Last night was awesome. Onew got to dance with a pretty red haired girl and Jaquan got laid… twice. It was just what both of them needed.

Gen happily walks down the stairs ready for the day when she sees her older cousin and roommate trying to get up from their positions in the living room. She crosses her arms and and taps her foot on the hard wood floor. 

“Yall are sad. You should be ashamed of yourselves for drinking that much alcohol. I had a great time at the party and I didnt drink not one drop.” Gen says trying to hit them with some common sense. She did have a great time at the party. She saw her friends, caught up with them, danced a little bit. She even got asked to dance by a few guys and not one of them where Joseph. She had a great time. She DID get bombarded with a bunch of questions about Jinki and why she was dancing so close to him, but after explaining to them that he was drunk and they were just friends, they let it go. However, other than that, she had a great, sober time.

“You know what…” she looks at the clock above the television. “… we are going to church today. Get up and get dressed. Jaquan you have some clothes in my closet.” she marches back up the stairs to get ready herself. She didnt even wait to see if the two got up or not. If they didnt, she will make them get up.

She has nothing against alcohol, she just thinks it unnecessary. Yea it can make you feel good, but it makes you feel horrible too. She was just happy she was their driver. She would hate it if Jaquan or Onew rode with someone just as drunk as them.

She closses the door of her room and takes her night shirt off. She wonders if Onew will like her church. Its mostly black, but has white people attending too. No Asians though. She doesn't want to make him uncomfortable in any way. She shrugs her shoulders. He will like it, if he can hang with two black people most of his time and live with one, then he can stay in a room filled with black people. Its only for an hour or so.

{}{}}}

 

“Today's message is to let go… let go of all that baggage, and let God handle your problems." The preacher says while circling the pulpit. 

Gen looks over to Jaquan who sat quietly next to her with sunglasses on and head slightly tilted back.

“How you get away with wearing sunglasses inside?” she whispers

“I told the pastor I just had eye surgery.” Gen rolls her eyes.

“How do you come IN the church lying?” she shakes her head and brings her attention back to the pastor.

“ Can I have a show of hands all the people going through something right now," the pastor says, finding his position behind the podium. Most of the church raises their hands, including Gen and Jaquan. Gen looks over to him with confusion.

“What in the world are YOU struggling with?” she says. He looks at her.

“Im struggling to keep my head up. Im struggling to not throw up all over the back of this old lady's wig.” he crosses his arms and turns away, ending the conversation.

The pastor continues. “Now keep your hands up and look around…… everyone is going through something. It might not be the same thing. One might have their car note due and not have the money. Another might be having problems in their marriage, but everyone is going through something.” Gen looks over at Onew, who seems to be paying attention to what the pastor is saying. She wonders if he is thinking about his problem. She doesn't see any sign of discomfort. So she guesses he's not. But he is.

As soon as the man on the stage said ‘Going through something’ Onew immediately thought about his little problem. “You're not alone. You're not alone in this world filled with problems. Everyone is going through something. Some of you might think there is no solving the problem, but im here to tell you there IS a solving to your problem… and his name is Jesus.” Clapping and amen's filled the building. “All you have to do is give it all to Jesus, and he will solve your problems. Just let it all go to God, and you will feel better in the morning.”

Both women and men stand up to cheer the pastor on. “Now some of you lost this thing called happiness.” Onew looks down at his hands, being guilty of that. “There is nothing but a deep hole in your heart.” Onew, still looking down, nods, not knowing that he did. Gen sees this and her heart breaks a little. Knowing that he is unhappy makes her unhappy. “Its like you cant be your true self anymore. But child, all you got to do is let it go and put it in God's hands. Your the only one stopping yourself from being happy.”

 Onew looks up at the pastor. 

“So, let it go. LET IT GO, sit back, and sing a song.” Realisation hits Onew right in the face. “Sing yourself happy and let God solve everything, because he is the only one that can solve it.” 

Thats it, Onew thinks. If he is truly going to get over what has happened to him, he has to let it go and be happy. It seems so clear all of a sudden. 

Night after night he sat in his bed unhappy with himself, cursing himself for letting himself get sick, when he should have been getting over it. At one point he thought he WAS getting over it, but he realises now that he was just lying go himself. Yes, leaving the Kpop world will be hard, but looking at where he is right now, with two kind, wonderful people by his side, he can do it. Even when he leaves America, he will be confident that he will be ok.

The pastor is right, he is happy he came here today. He didnt need to party to unwind, he needed church. His parents and him used to go all the time, but when he became a star he didnt get the chance to go. But now that he isn't a star anymore, he is going to make it his duty to go to church at least once a week.

Onew looks over to Gen and sees her looking back at him with a worried expression. He smiles in reassurance. She smiles back, calming down, and takes his hands in hers. And thats how they sat for the rest of the service.

{}{}}}

 

“Gen, can you come down here for a moment!” Onew screams from down stairs. Gen went upstairs 20 minutes ago to change into some sleepwear. He was willing to wait until tomorrow, but if he doesn't do this now, he might never do it.

Two minutes later Gen arrives in the living room confused on why her roomate was calling her name. She rounds the corner to see Onew sitting on the piano bench, waiting on her. Confusion turns into worry when she sees him open the piano to play it.

“Jinki, what are you doing?” Onew pats the seat, indicating for her to sit down.

She slowly walks to the piano and sits down. She puts a hand on his shoulder as he positions his fingers on the keys. “Jink…”

“Im going to sing you a song,” he states, interrupting her. “I dont really know what this song is about, but I like it.” He starts to play the piano. He clears his throat, readying it as well as himself, and starts to sing. 

"You’re on your own

In a world you’ve grown

Few more years to go

Don’t let the hurdle fall

So be the girl you loved

Be the girl you loved," Onew sings. Gen's eyes widen at what she hears.

"I’ll wait

So show me while you’re strong

Ignore everybody else

We’re alone now~

I’ll wait

So show me while you’re strong

Ignore everybody else

We’re alone now." 

His voice is deep, much like the voice she hears on his albums, but the rest is way different.

He didnt sound like him at all. The way he sings on his albums is soft, melodic. Now he sounds completely different. His voice is broke, rough, strained. Almost painful. His face turns red and a vein in his kneck starts to show. His eyes get red as well, ready to realese pent up stress and heartache.

”Suddenly I’m hit

Is this darkness or the dawn?

And your friends are gone

And your friends won’t come

So show me where you fit

So show me where you fit” 

His voice breaks and breaks. Uneven sound coming from his mouth rather than the lovely even sound.

”I’ll wait

So show me while you’re strong

Ignore everybody else

We’re alone now.” 

And even though his voice is breaky, and it causes him to loose breath. She knows he is singing from the heart. A tear falls down his cheek, followed by several more.

"Suddenly I’m hit!" 

He squeezes his eyes close. Unable to keep them open.

"Is this darkness or the dawn?

And your friends are gone

And your friends won’t come

So show me where you fit

So show me where you fit." 

And to her, it is the most beautiful voice in the world. The voice of his heart. A voice so wonderful she can't help but shed a few tears of her own.

He stops playing and slams his head on the piano, unable to hold himself up anymore. He coughes trying to get his breath back. His throat stings and it causes his head to hurt. Tears rapidly fall out of his eyes and onto the dark wood of the piano. 

“Jinki!” Gen grabs him by his shoulders and hold him to her chest. He wraps his numb arms around her waist. 

She rubs his head, sure that its going to be bruised in the morning. Tears flow down her face as well, but ahe wipes them away, knowing that she had to be strong for him. Even though she was crying for an intirely different reason, she didnt want him to see her crying.

He sobs in her arms, trying, but failing to speak to her. She hushes him anyway, so he just gives up.

“I don't care what you say, that was the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. Jinki, you didnt loose your voice. Your voice is in your heart, and as long as you sing from your heart, your voice will forever be there. And beautiful.”

Onew's crying dialled down to a few sniffles. He laughes without emotion.

“Your so cheesy.” she smiles while she lightly rubs his head. 

“It might be cheesy, but its true.”

Silence over powers the room and it is just as comfortable as a full conversation.

“Im going to be happy now.” he says yawning, interrupting the silence.

“Thats good, you deserve it."

He yawns again. 

"You're also going to bed.” He sits up and smiles at her.

“Good night Gen.” He hugs her. “Thank you for being my friend.” 

He stands up and slowly walks to his bedroom.

She looks over her shoulder. “Any time.”

{}{}}}

--- SONG: RETROGRADE-JAMES BLAKE---

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER. IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO WRITE. I WAS GOING TO HAVE MORE IN THIS CHAPTER, BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWKWARDLY PLACED.