Final

Getting His Voice Back

“Welcomeback to Sae Nolae! We are here with Shinee!” the excited show host says to the crowd. He looks back to the five boys standing beside him. “It's been so long since I have seen you boys. Almost a year and a half huh?” The boys nod. Jonghyun lifts his mic and begins to speak.

“When you think about it, it's really not that long, but it does feel like forever.”

“Ne, ne. Well I'm happy, really happy to see you, and your new song is beautiful. The lyrics made my wife cry, and that woman never cries.” The crowd lightly chuckles. “What made you write something so beautiful?” All the boys point at Onew.

“Onew wrote the lyrics,” Key says. The host's eyes widen.

“Oh really? Onew, you wrote this song? What made you write it?” Onew lifts his mic to his lips.

“I wrote ‘Discovered Love’ a few weeks before I left America. I wrote it to give to the person that is the inspiration for the song,” Onew says.

“Oh so you found love in America?” the host asks. Onew nods. “So ‘Discovered Love’ was a love letter to her?”

“Ne. I never gave it to her though. It was emotional when I left and I didn't want to make it harder for us, so I hid the letter under her pillow.” Surprisingly, the crowd erupted in awe's. This is a good sign considering kpop fan girls don't react well to their idols having a love life.

“Aww. That is romantic. Before you perform, can you tell us a little bit about this woman?” Onew smiles to himself.

“She is a pretty, short, smart, wonderful woman who I love. She is the reason why I am still here. She is the person who got my voice back. When I'm around her she makes me feel like a king, and if it wasn't for her Shinee wouldn't be standing on this stage.” The crowd is silent but you can see the girls holding their hands to their chest, wanting that girl to be them.

“Wow, she must mean a lot to you?” Onew nods. “She sounds wonderful. Let's hear the song you wrote for her then.” The host points towards the crowd. “Do you want to hear Shinee's new song?” The crowd bursts out with screams and Shinee gets in position.

------

 

After leaving Washington, Onew didn't know if he was going to survive without Gen. So his first couple of weeks back in Korea was spent in his room. He would talk to her on his computer, that only made him kiss her more, but eventually he decided to get off his and do something. Actually, Gen scolded him out of bed by telling him to stop being a problem for his parents. So except for lying in bed all day, Onew put his energy and time in helping his parents around in their store and finding an apartment for himself. After a month he found the perfect apartment and that following week he moved in. Everything was going fine. He had his own place, is voice was clearing up, and even though in two different countries, him and Gen were still going strong. It took so long for his throat to heal. He guessed the stunt he pulled back in Washington was the final straw. He doesn't blame his body at all. It's his own fault. He was getting frustrated though. He wanted to sing to Gen again, especially when she was on her way to sleep. However, he had to wait.

One night after meeting up with his new manager for potential jobs, Onew was in his shower washing himself of the day. It had been a few days since his voice was restored and he could talk normally. As usual he was thinking about Gen and began to sing. He didn't notice at all. He wasn't really listening to himself, he was just singing. But after he turned off the water and stepped out the shower, he could hear himself loud and clear. Onew ran towards the mirror and wiped all the fog off of it and looked at himself. He began to sing again and nearly flipped his top. Although very raspy, his voice was back. The first thing he did was contact Gen on his computer. He had no idea what time it was in America, all he knew, was that he had to tell Gen. He waited patiently for Gen to answer, it took a few minutes. She popped on the screen with a towel wrapped around her head and a robe on. Onew could see a good amount of cleavage poke out of her robe. She must been under the robe. He smiled to her, about to say hello, when she suddenly jumped out of the screen screaming. Onew freaked out wondering what the matter was. He doesn't see her hut he does hear her.

“Jinki! Oh my god! Put some clothes on!” Onew looked down at himself and noticed not only that he was , but also that he was still wet. He rushed over to his dresser and grabbed a t-shirt and boxers. He rushed back to the computer finding Gen lightly smiling into the computer.

“Sorry. I forgot to put clothes on.” Gen lightly laughs.

“Jinki, how do you forget to put clothes on? Did you do that on purpose?” Gen asks wiggling her eyebrows. Onew blushes a little.

“No Gen. I'd prefer to be in front of you, in person. So I can touch you.” It was Onew's turn to wiggle his eyebrows then. Gen smiled; face heating up. “But the reason why I called you is because I discovered something.

Gen furrowed her eyebrows. “What?” Onew took a deep breath and began to sing. He watched Gen's face slowly light up. Then she started to scream. “Aaaaaaaiiiiiiii. Jinki! Your voice! It's… It's… back!”

“Yea I know! I was thinking of you and I started to sing and… It's back!” Onew wished he was in the same room with her. Gen just wanted to reach inside her computer and kiss him.

“Oh my goodness, so what are you going to do now?” Onew's smile faded and Gen noticed; making her smile fade away as well.

“I don't know. I guess I am going to have to think about it.” Gen touched her hand to her computer screen.

“I know you'll make the right decision. I love you.”

“I love you too.” It got silent after that. So Onew decided to lighten up the mood. “So… are you under that robe?” Gen gasped.

“Jinki! You used to be so innocent when we first started dating, what happened?” Gen asked in mock shock. Onew laughed and took off his shirt.

“I got a little taste of chocolate.”

------

After long weeks of thinking, and the advice of his former band mates, Onew decided to give fame another try. It didn't take long for them to come back, they're Shinee. One of the best kpop groups to exist.

{}{}}}

Onew grabs a towel from the towel girl. He wipes his face and makes his way to Shinee's joined dressing room. He sees his parents standing there with a giant gift basket in their arms. Once they see him they burst out with congratulations.

“Oh Jinki, you were so good out there. I like watching you dance.” Onew's mother says while hugging her son. Onew smiles and hugs her back.

“Thank you Mom.” Onew's father pats him on the back.

“How did it feel to be back on the stage?”

“It felt good, like visiting an old friend.” Onew's mother pokes Onew on his side.

“We have a present for you.” She says backing away from him. Onew looks down at his gift basket.

“I see. How did you find a gift basket so big?” His father chimes in.

“Not the gift basket you doof?” Onew looks up to see what he means and stops in awe.

Right in front of him is the reason why he wakes up in the morning, the reason why he starts his days, and the reason why he is even here. In a beautiful white lace sundress that hugged her REAL good, stood his best friend and lover. He hasn't seen her in person in so long. He has barely seen her on his computer, with all the ‘Discovered Love’ promotions they've been doing. He was becoming afraid that his fame was once again taking him away from something he wanted and loved. However it seems that God has got his back.

“Jinki it's unhealthy to stare,” Gen says, his staring making her nervous. Onew snaps out of his trance and runs to her. He wraps his arms around her and holds her tight. He nearly moans out load. She's gained all her curves back.

After what felt like an eternity, Gen finally feels Onew let her go. She stopped breathing 15 seconds into the hug. He grasps her face and kisses her, and he kisses her good, so good that his parents had to turn a little. Gen's eyes rolled back as she let the best kiss of her life roll over her lips.

“Gen I missed you so much. Why didn't you tell me you were here? Never mind that. I'm just so happy that you are here in the flesh,” he says after disconnecting from her lips. He hugs her again.

“I missed you too Jinki. Oh god, please don't make me cry in front of your parents.” Onew chuckles.

“I love you Gen.” he pauses to look her in her eyes and he can't help himself. “Please stay?” Gen's eyes widen as a tears escape. It is silent for a minute, so Onew asks again. “Gen, please stay with me. I have an apartment we can stay in. You don't have to pay half the rent, I got it. You don't have to worry about anything; I can take care of you just like you took care of me, but longer. Please stay here with me.”

“Jinki, you just dabuted.”

“Fame is so small compared to you. Do you want me to beg on my knees? I will. Just stay with me?” Gen looks Onew in his eyes. She smiles and nods her head.

“Yes Jinki. I will stay with you.”

{}{}}}

It was hard for the both of them, especially Gen, but through thick and thin, they made it. They didn't let the media, crazy fans, racist strangers, nor the looks they received tear them apart. Shinee stayed strong and to this day, is still shining on us all. 

Onew got love, Onew got happiness, and Onew got his voice back.

{}{}}}

THE END.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE ENDING.

IN MY OPINION, ONEW IS A PERSON WHO PICKS RIGHT OVER WRONG ALL THE TIME. HE IS A PERSON WHO PUTS FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND LOVE FIRST. I DON'T KNOW, BUT I FEEL LIKE ONEW WOULD DROP ANY AND EVERYTHING FOR SOMETHING OR SOMEONE HE LOVES, THAT'S WHY HE IS MY ULTIMATE BIAS. I FEEL LIKE HE IS A TRUE PERSON IN AND OUT.

AND IF ANYONE MESSES WITH HIM I WILL GET ON A PLANE TO KOREA AND DROP KICK THEM REAL QUICK. JK! not really.

THANK YOU ALL FOR STICKING WITH ME AND THIS STORY. IT'S MY FIRST CHAPTER STORY I EVER FINISHED AND YA'LL ARE THE REASON FOR ME FINISHING. IT WASN'T A LONG STORY AND PROBABLY NOT THE BEST, BUT JUST THANK YOU FOR READING.