Friends

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

'You are the most embarrassing person I know.' Chaerin shook her head in amusement at me. 

'Shut up! You could at least try and give me some sympathy right now unnie..' I whined while crouching in the corner of the bathroom, wiping my eyes.

Can you really blame me?' Chaerin asked, and I didn't need to look back to see that she was smirking. 'So you laughed and panicked, saying you needed to pee.' She tried hard not to laugh. I stood up from my lonesome corner and sighed deeply.

'What do I do? I'm such an idiot. They're still waiting outside and I cant go back out there!' I cupped my cheeks in frustration. 'But my bag is there and....ughhhh damnit!' 

'Oh my gosh Mingkki, you have to calm down. At least you're not the one who threw up on a cute guy's shoes.' Chaerin reminded me.

'That's different.' I rolled my eyes. 'You don't need to give me alcohol to make me act like a ditz.' 

'Fine fine, I get it. Come on let's go, I wasn't done talking to Kai anyway.' Chaerin grabbed me by the arm and forcefully dragged me outside the bathroom. 'And stop sulking you baby.' 

'Whatever.' I mumbled, and I nearly felt like I could almost cry. I've never made that big of a fool of myself. When a situation didn't go my way, I could easily act like nothing was wrong and be cool about it. That's a whole different story when the prince is involved it seems....

'But you know...' I started.

'Mmm?' 

'I feel like....I feel like he was deliberately acting like that. Do you think Sehun told him already that I'm a fangirl?'

'Correction: Stalker? And it doesn't take a genius to know that you really admire him. It's in your eyes heh.' Chaerin giggled. 'I'm sure he finds it cute.'

'It's hard not to be obvious okay? You know how much I like him.' 

'Being a fan and liking him are two different things. Just get to know him! I have a feeling we're gonna get closer to these group of boys.' Chaerin assured me, although she sounded more excited for herself for some reason. She was still holding my arm, dragging me back to the area we left Kai, Sehun and Luhan at and I could see them sitting together still, obviously waiting for us to get back. I was sure my face was growing red as we came closer but there was no stopping it.

'Oh, you're back.' Kai eyed me and then Chaerin. I gave a little nod, taking Chaerin's grip off me so it didn't look like I came back against my will. I took the courage to glance over in Sehun's direction and sure enough, he was smirking at me and I really wanted to slap it off his face. For some reason because of Luhan, I decided against it.

'Uh, it's about time for me to go and dance.' I announced, trying my best not to sound too enthusiastic about leaving. From the corner of my eye, I saw Luhan stand up and walk closer to me. Hesiting, I slowly turned my head to the right to make eye contact with me and it was a wonder I didn't faint right there.

'You mind if I come and watch?' 

WHAT. No no no, I won't be able to concentrate if it's just us two. I can't-

'Yeah, let's use the same room today. Chaerin, you wanna go?' Kai suggested. I let our a tiny sigh of relief. Thankyou Kai.

'Not really, dance doesn't really interest me. Plus I've seen Mingkki dance so many times. I've got a class to go to anyway, but you guys have fun.' Chaerin picked her bags up, seemingly disappointed because she probably wanted to ask Kai and the guys more about Chanyeol. I watched as she walked away and momentarily forgot where I was until a voice whispered in my ear.

'Babo.' 

I immediately jerked to the other side and turned to see that it was Sehun, making fun of me as per usual. 

'Get your lips away from my ear, thank you very much.' I covered my ear with my hand and glared at him. 

'Then stop standing around and spacing out.' He teased, about to nudge my head but then I saw Luhan stop him. 

'Come on Sehun-ah, let's go already.' He smiled at him, and then turned to look at me for a second. I widened my eyes slightly before fixing my gaze on Kai instead. 

'H-hey, maybe we should make up some choreo today, it'd be fun yeah?' I suggested for the hell of it.

'I'm working on something right now, I could teach you.' Kai nodded enthusiastically. 'And then you can help me think of some new counts.' 

One way or another, we ended up entering my usual practise room where I dance on my own, so it was weird having company, though it was probably because of meeting Sehun that I found myself wound up knowing these people. But since I met Luhan, I guess I should be thankful.

'I'm really digging this new song of Krush's, so I made up a few beats to it.' Kai connected his phone to the speaker and played a song.

'Oh, I love this as well! I downloaded it the other day.' I grinned. 

After Kai showed Sehun, Luhan and I some of his choreography, we decided to muck around a little bit before we seriously danced it together. I came up with some parts and Kai was frequently praising me, so I felt pretty good. Plus, Sehun wasn't mocking me about my dance for once and Luhan stayed quiet for most of the session, but even mute he was still awesome. I was surprised that he could dance so well because he really didn't look the type. After a few more run throughs, Kai and I became pretty tired so we sat around while Sehun and Luhan started dancing to girly songs. It was quite a sight really. 

Watching Luhan on my left, dancing to A Pink's 'No No No' was something I had to try really hard not to scream and 'kyah' over, whereas on my right I had to fight the urge not to cringe at Sehun trying to be Hyuna. He failed miserably. Kai was laughing at both of them while I was a mix of smiles and frowns.

'You know, Luhan doesn't normally perform for his fangirls so you should savour this moment.' Kai shifted closer to me. I snapped my head towards him and widened my eyes, knowing Sehun must've told him but he continued before I could speak.

'It's pretty easy to tell. I could tell you admired him at my party.' He grinned. 'There must be something about you if he wants to be friends.' He looked back towards the two boys dancing like girls in front of us, and so did I. But I tilted my head in wonder at Kai's words. Boy, Sehun sure had some mysterious friends. I found it hard to believe that after almoa year, by some miracle, I got to meet the guy I admired from afar. That only happens in movies too. I wondered if I'd really get the chance to know his real self properly.

It's like when you admire a celebrity. You get attracted by their charms, and you sort of create this idea or fantasy about what it'd be like to know them in real life. It could be different than what you'd imagine, but knowing someone's true self is ultimately what keeps it real. I definitely didn't want to lose this opportunity to become actual friends with Luhan. No way. He just has to do something about his over shining brightness.

'Hey, Minzy.' Sehun suddenly called me, and I was brought out my thinking.

'Huh?'

'You wanna see Luhan freestyle?' He asked.

'Uh-uh yeah, sure.' I stammered, because all pairs of eyes were now on me. I saw Luhan smile lightly before changing the song to a more upbeat one, while Sehun moved to sit next to me. We watched as Luhan slowly got into the music and freestyling. 

And it was a huge breath of fresh air.

His style still had sharp movements and precision, but he was more smooth and soft with his movements compared the Kai and Sehun. It seemed to suit him a lot as well. After a minute or two I was so totally focused on watching his body moving that I didn't even notice he was looking at me while dancing and when it seemed like he was about to finish, he had stepped up closer, making me notice his stare fixed on me and I kept my lips into a thin line, kind of hoping he would stop looking at me but it was too late because he gave me a small wink and I swear, I was going to lose it soon.

'Woo woo, hot Luhan!' Kai called out, clapping, and Sehun also clapped, making me aimlessly follow them even though I was way too ecstatic. Luhan just smiled at me simply, and I couldn't read his expression. It somehow frustrated me. I mean, wasn't the guy even going to make fun of me for being such a ditz earlier when I ran off to the bathroom? The whole time, he had just carried this small smile on his face, and it was hard to decipher.

'I'm gonna go out and grab some drinks for us. Kai.' Sehun first nudged me and then looked at Kai, who nodded and stood up with him before leaving the room, not letting me say anything. I kept my gaze on the floor because I knew Luhan was still standing in front of me. I was freaking out because we were alone for the second time and I prayed I wouldn't do something lame again. Then it hit me that I hadn't complimented him yet about his dancing. I fidgeted with my fingers a little before speaking out. 'Oh..by the way your freestyling was really cool.' I managed to say. I wanted to say much more though. 

'Thanks, it's not as eye catching as Sehun or Kai's though.' He replied, and I saw him sit down in front of me.

'That's not true..your style is really nice to watch.' I shook my head lightly. 

'Hm...you really think so?' He asked, and I suspected that he was grinning, although I don't know why I got that feeling.

'Mmm...' I nodded, my eyes still stuck to the ground, and I felt extremely awkward. I heard him get up before I saw his hand put out in front of me. I slowly tilted my head up and was met with his face, which was MUCH closer than I would've liked. 

'Should we dance together?' He asked, that simple smile stuck on his face again. I was about to take his hand before my hand halted and I placed it back down to rest on the ground.

'Do-Do you really say things like that to girls?' I asked, biting my lip because I probably let slip a chance for skinship. Again. But to be honest, just like before when he offered his hand out for me, it felt staged. No one, and I mean no one says things like that. Especially when you don't know people well.

'What do you mean?' Luhan asked me, and I bit my lip again before answering.

'Look..I-I know Sehun must've told you I...yeah. But you don't have to be nice to me on purpose....' I looked around anxiously. 'It doesn't seem like you'd be this nice to people you just met anyway...' I ended, wondering if that sounded a little offensive. I watched him as he retracted his hand and saw him step closer to me, and before I could say anything, he sat himself down next to me, where Sehun used to be. Too close Too close to me.

'Sehun didn't say anything like that.' He said after a bit of uncomfortable silence. I was a little shrivelled up and I kept playing with my hands so he must've figured I didn't know what to say.

'Sehun told me there was a girl who was interesting, and I was taken aback because he doesn't say those things lightly, and when I met you at Kai's party, I sort of understood why he said it. So I've actually been testing you today.' 

What?

I turned my head up and looked at him for a second, my eyes widened slightly. Testing me?

'You felt like it was a little over the top and it didn't seem natural to you right? Would you expect guys you like to act that way?' He asked, and I unknowningly nodded. 'It's a bit much, so no I don't expect it.' I replied, my anxiety suddenly dying down.

'That's why I want to be friends with you. Even though you admire me, you don't have this weird imagination of how you want me to be or what you expect my personality to be.' Luhan smiled at me, and this time it was an actual smile that made me smile back and blush a little.

'You ...want to be friends with me?'  I asked, pointing to myself.

'Yes. Because I think you're the first fangirl who I'm actually going to like.' He suddenly broke into a grin, and I had to turn the other way and cup my face to hide the embarrassment. What a weird way to become friends! But he said it!

'Uh-I definitely wanna be friends with you. But you might have to tolerate my reactions.' I closed my eyes and cursed myself for saying that last bit. I heard Luhan chuckle and time froze when I felt him take one of my hands and hold it, making me open my eyes and turn to look at our them.

Our fingers were intertwined, OUR FINGERS WERE INTERTWINED.

'I'd rather you not hide your reactions, I honestly think it's really cute.' I heard him say. STOP COMPLIMENTING ME LUHAN, IT'S TOO MUCH. 

My heart was beating so fast, I felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. Was he trying to kill me?

'Uh...Uh...I...' I mumbled incoherent words.

'Sorry haha.' Luhan chuckled before letting my hand go. 'I just wanted to see your reaction to me holding your hand. I won't do it until you get used to my prescence. Deal?' He suddenly asked. God, it's like he could read my mind.

'Okay.' I nodded quickly, still avoiding eye contact.

'Good.' He remarked, before standing up. 'Oh, Sehun-ah, Kai, you're back.' He called.

'Yeah, sorry we took so long. Should we continue in a few minutes?' I heard Sehun approaching me and he bent down and handed me a drink. I took my right hand out but stoped, and instead I took the can of soft drink with my left hand. Because the right hand was the hold that Luhan held.

'Nah, let's take a break for today. It was fun as though, thanks for joining us Minzy.' Kai took a big gulp of his drink.

'You're welcome, it was awesome for me too you know.' I smiled back, standing up and walking over to my belongings. 

And for a few seconds, I had the crazy thought of not washing my hand. But seriously, I wasn't THAT sad. 

We all made our way outside of the room, Kai and Sehun starting off a conversation walking in front of me while I was lagging behind. Luhan was also in front of me but slowed down and waited for me to catch up to him.

'Um...thanks for not making fun of me today....If..If it were Sehun then he would've given me hell.' I shyly bowed at him.

'Ah, but be warned. I tease too, especially if I'm close with a person.' Luhan laughed, and for the first time that day, I laughed comfortably.

'T-That's okay...as long as it's not as bad as Sehun.' I looked off into the distance at the said boy.

'You two actually get along quite well though, trust me.' Luhan suggested. 'I've never seen Sehun interact with anyone like he does with you in a long time.'

'Well....good for him?' I frowned slightly. 'I bet a lot of girls hate on him....don't tell him I said that!' I covered my mouth.

Luhan laughed slightly before nodding.

 

'Only if you give me your number first.' 

----

A/N: So...hello! XD Sorry for the late and short update hehe. Have a writer's block... >.< sigh.

 

Thanks to new subbies: (why the does the text not go small when i try and change it....ugh hate this new layout)

Thanks to new upvoters: