Closer

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

A/N: For the first time, switching the P.O.V...and we're switching to Luhan ^__^

Luhan

'We won't be home again for a few months, so you can do whatever you want during your semester break. Just make sure you send us a message every now and then.' 

'Of course, Ma..' I replied. 'Is business still going well? Are you and Ba eating okay?'

'Everything's good on this end, your father says hi. I have to go now, but make sure you tell me if I'm putting enough money into your bank account, okay? Bye Lu.'

'Bye, Ma.' I replied before I hung up the phone. I took a glance at my calender, which was stuck onto my door. It had already been 3 months that I'd been given responsibility to take care of the house on my own, but I just saw it as freedom and having my own space. My parents have always been over-achievers, working over time when I was younger and often having me put in the care of relatives. And now they were successfully infiltrating China with their new business. Despite being separated from them constantly since childhood, I was fairly close to both my parents and I knew they loved me unconditionally. 

Most people in these situations have problems coping on their own because they're mostly lonely, and of course I do get lonely, but I'm never alone for long. I have all my friends and my Uni work to keep me busy. I was just like any other University student really, going out with friends, attending classes and occassionally partying. My life is pretty fun-filled and interesting so I didn't have much to complain about.

However, a big part of how living on my own is working well is all thanks to my best friend, Oh Sehun. Most of the time I didn't even feel like I was living alone, because Sehun is always chilling here as well. My house is like his second home really, and he has been coming since even before my parents left for China. It was just like having a roommate, plus I knew Sehun felt more at home at my house so much more than he did in his own. He was my opposite, and that's why we're best friends really. He's unique and unpredictable to most people, but I'm the only one who knows all sides of him, and vice versa pretty much.

I guess the only other thing to note is that I have fangirls in my life, due to my apparent 'perfect face and voice' and most of them didn't really seem worth getting to know properly. Hey, being popular is a good ego boost and I'm proud of my looks, but fangirls aren't what I have in mind, although lately there was an exception.

-RING RING-

My thoughts were put on hold and I picked up my phone after checking the caller ID.

'Hi..Luhan? It's me, Minzy.'

'I know, I'm the one who asked for your number in the first place, remember?' I replied.

'Ah...oh yeah.' She replied, making me smile to myself.

'So, what can I do for you?' 

 

And this was the exception. A new girl who entered a part of my life as of recent. She was cool, funny and and cute at the same time. She was the most recent fangirl I met.

I actually don't get along the best with girls and when I do, I surprise even myself. I have zero close girl friends, just a few acquaintances here and there I guess. So when Sehun told me he met a girl who was interesting, I definitely wanted to meet her. The reason being, Sehun rarely went out of his way to tell me about a girl. He actually has a lot of connections with girls unlike me, but he hardly brings them to topic.

'I uh..just wanted to say another thank you for yesterday.'

'It's a shame you left too soon last night though.' I teased.

'Haha...yeah well...thanks to those daiquiris.' She replied. 'T-That's actually why I c-called...'

'Go on.' I replied, walking downstairs into my kitchen and opening the fridge with my free hand.

'Would you mind...if I payed you back?' She asked after a few silent seconds.

'What do you mean pay back?' I asked before grabbing a piece of unfinished cake from my fridge.

'Well...you did buy me more than one drink..so could I maybe....uh...' She trailed off.

'Do you want some of my time today?' I chuckled to myself.

'Yes!!' She exclaimed. ' I mean....yeah if that's okay with you.' She said it more calmly.

'I would love to hang out. What do you have in mind?'

'Can I treat you to lunch...or something...I don't really know what you like.'

'I thought fangirl duties were to find out what their idol's interests were and stuff.' I laughed.

'Eh..I guess I'm not doing a good job then...' She replied.

'I was kidding. Wanna meet me in Hongdae later then? There's a cafe I always go to, so l can text you the address.' I suggested.

'Okay....thankyou.' Was all she said before we both hung up. I nodded approvingly to myself because I actually had plans for the day. Thinking about it, I actually hadn't met up with a girl since my ex girlfriend properly, but that was ages ago. Today, I'd be doing a favor to Minzy anyway, and I laughed to myself at how little girl and giddy she was around me, despite having the most charismatic and strong presence around Sehun.

Sitting by my dining table, I indulged into my breakfast...which was a slice of the big strawberry shortcake that I had bought to last me for the week. You know, the usual. I love my sweets afterall.

 

------

'Sorry I'm late...did you have trouble finding this place?' I asked when I sat down in front of Minzy. I saw her blush slightly and shake her hea to which I unknowingly smiled. Typical.

'I didn't wait very long uh...I like to be early in general.' She looked down at her hands. I watched her for a moment as I propped my elbow on the table and rested my face on my hand.

'I like what you're wearing today.' I smiled, and when she looked up at me and blushed even more, I started laughing.

'Oh come on, I can't have this much of an effect on you.' I grinned, to which she cupped her cheeks and looked away.

'Don't laugh at me....It's literally like hanging out with an idol.' She mumbled, looking way too embarrassed.

'Hm...' I pondered for a moment. 'Is there an idol out there that you like?'

'Well...I'm a huge fan of Bangtan Boys as of recent.' She slowly uncovered her face. 'Especially their maknae.'

'Ahhh Bangtan..' I nodded in approval. 'They're awesome. I like them too.'

'Really? You do?' She suddenly beamed. 'We should go check out a concert if they have one sometime!'

'If we manage to get tickets...' I nodded.

'When it comes to getting things quickly, you can count on me.' She raised up her fist up in fighting.

'That's what I like to see.' I pointed at her.

'Eh?' She tilted her head to the side, her hands going back to resting on her lap.

'Like this. Be more comfortable with me.' I explained. 'I can't be 'Prince Luhan' forever right?'

'Well...maybe if you stopped smiling like that...' She eyed me before pouting to herself.

'You're so cute, It's hilarious.' I looked at her in amusement and smiled.

'Shut up! Your smile is just really-STOP SMILING!' She flapped her hand around and cupped her face again, trying to hide that small smile I could see. I burst into some more laughter and held my stomach because it started to hurt. After a few more moments I wiped those few tears from my eyes and noticed Minzy holding the menu open in front of her face, completely covering herself.

'Hey hey.' I took the menu away from her. 'You can't tell me to stop smiling.' I stuck my tongue out at her. 'You'll get used to my smiles alright?'

She snatched the menu back and hid behind it again. 'Doubt it...' She mumbled. 'I'm sorry I'm so weird.'

'Weird is better than boring.' I shrugged. 'Anyway, I guess we should order something.' I took the other menu and flipped to my favourite section. 'I'm gonna be simple and get a bibimbap like I always do.'

'Can you order something else as well...?' Minzy looked at me from behind her menu.

'Why? Remember, you're the one treating me so..'

'Yeh, so a bibimbap isn't enough to make up for those daiquiris last night...'

'I don't want a full payback for the drinks you know. But if you insist, why don't we share an extra thing? Chicken!' I quickly suggested, pointing at the menu.

'O-Okay...' She laughed a little, putting the menu down. 'I'm just gonna get some ramen.'

 

It had been some time after we started eating and we were mostly silent because we were just digging into lunch. It seemed that like me, Minzy didn't have a proper breakfast earlier because she was eating so hungrily, basically attacking her bowl of ramen. It was pretty amusing and I stopped eating for a minute to watch her. When she finally noticed my eyes locked on her, she choked on the strands of noodles in and hurriedly gulped down some water.

'Yes...I'm hungry...' Her face started to turn red as she looked at me.

'I can see that.' I smiled and gave purposely threw her a judging eyebrow raise.

'Luhan you have to stop teasing me...it's hard enough sitting here and not fangirling to myself with just sitting opposite you...' She frowned slightly.

'And YOU have to stop unknowingly complimenting me!' I put my index finger up to her head and pushed her slightly. 'I get enough of it at Uni anyway.'

'Can you really blame me?' Minzy pat the little dent I probably made on her head. 'I can't really help it.' She replied before going back to her ramen. I blatantly stared at her again which made her frustrated one more.

'Hey! Stop staring at me!' She whined.

'It's too funny.' I chuckled before going back to my bibimbap.

---

In the late afternoon I arrived back at my house and unlocked the gate, walking up to my front door and unlocking it. The pair of shoes at the entrance didn't go unnoticed and I wondered how long my best friend had been inside the house for. I walked past my living room and kitchen but found no one, so he was probably in my bedroom.

'Hey.' I said as I swung my bedroom door open, revealing Sehun relaxing on my bed and watching anime on my TV. 'When did you get here Sehun-ah?'

'About half an hour? Where'd you go?' He glanced at me briefly before returning his eyes back to the screen. He was eating his favourite chips while focusing intensely on the episode.

'Ah, I went out for lunch.' I replied before joining him and eating his chips.

'What? You decided lunch on your own was better than lunch with me?' He sounded kind of hurt, but I knew he was acting.

'No actually...I went out with Minzy.' I smiled before taking a handful of chips and putting them in my mouth.

 

'What??' Sehun's eyes left the TV and he was now staring at me in interest.

'I said I went out with Minzy.' I repeated, keeping a poker face. I watched Sehun as he nodded slowly before turning his attention back to the TV. Aw, boring.

'She was really cute today, and she eats so funny.' I remarked, trying to get more of a reaction out of Sehun and to my success, he nodded and a small smile formed on his face.

'Yeah, I know. She eats like a pig.'

My head banged the air and I silently face palmed at his comment. Oh Sehun is always Oh Sehun afterall..

I gave up trying to draw attention towards Minzy and both Sehun and I just kept watching the anime for a while until Sehun's chip bag was empty and he groaned before getting up and retrieving another packet from his bag.

'Are you starting to warm up to her more?' He asked when he returned back his spot on the bed, and his question made me smile. Considering it had been about 10 minutes since either of us had said anything, I wondered if Minzy had been on his mind for the time being.

'I've always had a good feeling about her since we met..I'm trying to get the fangirl out of her.' I laughed.

'It's not gonna work. She's crazy about you hyung.'

'Not crazy....just enthusiastic.' I corrected while slapping his arm lightly. 'But I know she likes me. Probably not in that way though.'

'It'll turn to that soon, trust me.' Sehun replied before opening his second bag of chips. I frowned a little in annoyance. Come onnnnnnn Sehun! Show me your interest.

'What about you huh? She's fairly comfortable around you.' I started. 'Are you sure my hunch is still wrong?'

'You and Kai hyung are delusional if you think we would make a good couple. You know my routine with girls, hyung.'

'Yes yes I do.' I rolled my eyes. 'But come on! She's the first girl in ages that you haven't immediately....touched.' I frowned at my words.

'What the ? You make me sound like some .' Sehun turned his head to me for a moment and glared. 'It's her dance. Her dance is something special.'

'You told me that already.' I grinned. 'I wanna know something else now.'

'Like what?' He asked annoyingly, and I smiled because it meant he DID have something more to say about Minzy. Ever since I met the girl, Sehun always had a few things to say about her. But in the past week, he refrained from doing so since Kai and I pointed out that he was properly talking about a girl for once.

'Hmmm...do you think you could ever go out with her?' I nudged his shoulder.

'God no...we have a strictly hate only relationship and she's not hot enough.' He replied while scrunching up his face.

'She's better looking than most of the girls you hook up with. What are you on about?' I laughed, remembering the many faces of girls that my younger best friend had made out with at parties.

'Her dancing is hotter than her face, Let's say that.'

'You're such a jerk.' I nudged him again and he shrugged in response. 'I bet she'd be a good girlfriend as well.'

'Maybe to you hyung. Test it out, see if you end up liking her as well.'

'I'll do just that.' I smiled proudly and got more comfortable in my spot.

'Good for you.' My dongsaeng replied simply and ate some more chips.

'Only Sehun....just don't regret saying that later.' I said in a matter of factly tone.

'Yeah yeah..whatever.' He yawned.

'So can you at least tell me more about her?' I poked his face and he sighed heavily before pausing the anime. He to his back and stared back at my face, and I was waiting in anticipation.

'Okay, facts about the little princess.' He looked up at the ceiling.

 

'Her name's Gong Minji.'

'No sherlock.'

 

'She likes to dance.'

'Yeah, we ALL know that.'

 

'Her favourite colours are orange and pink.'

'Finally something useful!'

 

'She loves to be early.'

'Found that out today.'

 

'She's got a pretty hot body.'

'in ert.'

 

Sehun suddenly eyed me weirdly before flipping back onto his stomach and continuing his anime. 'You should really go and find out this stuff on your own hyung.'

'Yes, but who's the one always monopolising her time?'

'Her girl friends?' He asked sarcastically, and when I didn't respond, he looked at me with slightly widened eyes.

'Are you inferring that I'm with her 24/7?'

'Hey, I didn't sat anything.' I raised my eyebrows teasingly and smirked when I saw him bite his lips.

'Let's find out which one of us is more her type then huh?' I pat his back gently.

'You can do that.' Sehun replied, closing his eyes and preparing to fall asleep.

Aish this kid. I stifled a laugh and ruffled his hair.

'By the way, they're gone for another few months.' I mentioned. 'Ma called me this morning.'

'Are aunty and uncle doing well?' Sehun opened his eyes and looked at me in anticipation.

'They're fine. Really fine it seems.' I chuckled, but Sehun didn't laugh with me. And he rarely did when it concerned family, because he always worries too much about me.

'Sehun-ah, I'm fine.' I assured. 'I'm planning to skype with them during semester break as well.'

'Remember Lu hyung...you can always ask me to live here with you. Heck, I practically live here already.'

'Exactly, so quit worrying. Infact, now that the house is also free during semester break, we should hold a party when the time comes. What do you think?'

'Yes, so I call dibs on your bedroom when I pass out.' He laughed.

'Nah, you can stick with the couch you little .' I replied. 'I don't want random girls to be in my bed with you.'

'Hyung! I only kiss and make out with girls. I don't have with them, I wouldn't worry about whoever's gonna be with me.'

'Imagine if it's Minzy.' I said under my breath, then received a huge hit by the pillow that was lying under Sehun's body.

'! Piss off.' I frowned and smirked at the same time.

---

A/N: I did better with the update time right?? RIGHT?? xD teehee. Enjoy another fun filled Seluminzy (lol) moments (y) Apologies to those people who are the ones who enjoy reading fast escalating stories LOL actually not even sorry because gradual and steady is better imo. That's just my take aha ! And about choosing Hongdae..IDEK LOL I wanna go to Korea guys.

It doesn't take long for me to get writer's block so I beg you before I run out of ideas, post some future events that could occur. Go go! :D 

Thanks to new subbies:

And thanks for the upvote:

Successfully written the 5th chapter for my new fanfic that won't be released for some time(just letting those who are excited for it know about its progress ^^)