Progress

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

As usual, I woke up with plenty of time to spare before heading off to Uni. I was surprised when I spotted Dara rummaging the cupboard so early in the morning. After all, it was 7 and it had already been about 4 hours since she got home from her usual shift anyway.

 

'All nighter?' I spoke, making her jump.

 

'Oh Mingkki geez you scared me!' She placed a hand on her chest. 'But yeah, ill crash after I eat. Want me to make you something?'

 

'A healthy smoothie?' I said knowingly. 'Do you even need to ask?'

 

'Understood, health freak.' She rolled her eyes and I watched her grab some ingredients. 'Oh and guess who came by the bar last night?'

 

'Your ex again?' I raised my eyebrow. It was the only guess I had since her ex boyfriend did come by now and then.

 

'Gosh no. It was Jiwon and Hanbin!' Those little s grew even taller. I took them out for supper after my shift ended.'

 

'Oh so THAT's why you're awake.' I giggled. They must've bugged you big time. Don't they have training?'

 

'It seems they've been given a break for a few weeks, so they came by to let me know that we're due for a pop in to Dok's club. They probably wanna show us how much they've improved in the rap battle.'

 

'That sounds so like them.' I smiled endearingly, thinking it had been already 3 months since we'd caught up. Those 2 boys have been too busy training and working for their seemingly far away debut.

 

'Mingkki, here you go.' Dara tossed my bottle at me. 'One healthy Mingkki smoothie!'

 

'So should we go this weekend or?' I waved the bottle around in the air to show her my thanks.

 

'Have you forgotten?' Dara blinked. 'Your friend Kai is having a party, and yet again we're all supposed to be there, says Chaerin.'

 

'Oh yeah that was my idea...' I huffed my cheeks. 'Damnit!' I whacked the bench and regretted it as soon as I felt the pain in my fingers, wincing while Dara just laughed at me.

 

'Why don't you just visit them next week? I'll tell them to hit the bar again. I mean it's not the same as the club, but we can do both right?'

 

'That sounds good!' I replied enthusiastically.

 

'We better keep next weekend free so we can go to Dok's club then.' Dara hummed in response before slightly gasping when she saw the clock. 'Mingkki you're gonna miss your bus! Do you want a ride?'

 

'Hm?' I blinked, staring at the clock. 'Oh right....'I scratched my head and chuckled a little. 'Actually I'm already getting picked up this morning...'

 

'Oh, Sehun's coming over hey?!' She gave me the knowing look which was mixed with a smirk.

 

'What-NO!' I scoffed. 'It's Luhan, you doofus!' I ran over and smacked Dara in the arm,

 

'Woah watch it!' She frowned, hitting me back. 'Good for you and all, but can you really blame me for thinking it might be Sehun?'

 

'Yes.' I crossed my arms. 'We really aren't that close, okay?'

 

'Oh bull you! You can't deny the fact that he's become a huge part of your life as of lately.' Dara rolled her eyes. She was about to continue on her little statement before my phone buzzed, silencing her.

 

'Oh! He's here.' I beamed, not hiding my smile.

 

'Your mood just went on a 360.' Dara smirked at me. 'Incredible what guys can do to girls...really.'

 

'Shut uuuuuup!' I sang happily while skipping to the front door. 'And thanks again for the smoothie unnie!' I waved to her before shutting the door.

 

I quickly took a deep breath and made sure all signs of excitment from me were minimised before I walked out the gate to our apartment. And there, my Prince Luhan's car was parked outside the gate, waiting for me almost like as If he were waiting for me while riding a white horse in his fancy attire, although I didn't really suit the role of the princess....If anything I'm probably one of the ugly step sisters...just not ugly HEH! I was a little susprised to see him actually get out of his car(so, off his horse) and he started walking towards me.

 

'M-Morning.' I managed to hide my huge smile and gave him a tiny one.

 

'Hi.' He smiled warmly at me.

He's wearing his favourite beanie today. I noted in my head. Gosh I'm so lucky he came to pick me up today, I still wonder why he offered. Did Sehun put him up to this? ...No...that ert wouldn't try and help me whatsover, that's a fact. But then really, why would Luhan go out of his way to pick me up? I wonder how far we are from each other's house? Maybe he actually lives really close to me? I mean...we do take the same bus and everything so- My eyes turned big when I realised we were just staring at each other for a good minute while I was off thinking my usual stupid and paranoid thoughts. My Prince just looked down at me, waiting for me to talk. Did it look like I was gonna say something?

'Yeah so uh...let's get..going?' I fumbled with my fingers and looked at him nervously, glancing briefly at his eyes then down at my feet.

 

'Did I...come too early?'

 

'No no! I always go early and do my work in the library afterall.' I smiled politely. 'So...technically my first class isn't for about 3 hours...' I laughed awkwardly while looking at the time on my phoneZ

'Oh, that's perfect!' Luhan suddenly grinned. (Making me melt but also confused)

'Perfect?' I tilted my head.

'I don't have class until later either, I'll show you something. Let's go.' He said happily, gesturing me to get inside his car.

'Alright then.' I smiled, feeling somewhat excited.

Luhan started the ignition and began driving towards the direction of Seoul Uni. I surprisingly felt more relaxed sitting in his car this time round. We somehow silently agreed to sit in the car without making conversation whilst driving. As we passed Seoul Uni, I wondered exactly it was Luhan wanted to take me. The only thing I could think of was him taking me somewhere for breakfast though. My eyes widened a little when he turned into the gates of SM University.

'Hm? What are we doing here?' I wondered out loud, staring outside the window.

'It's a surprise. You'll see.' Was all Luhan replied with before parking the car. He rushed out whilst I was just about getting ready to open the door, only to be surprised that he ran all the way over to open it FOR me.

'Let's go.' He smiled, being the gentleman he was. He offered his hand out and took mine, leading me inside the foreign places of SM University. I was thankful I didn't really know people there, considering how aimlessly I was trailing next to Luhan with probably the most retarded expression ever.

'I was thinking...' He started saying as we walked inside what seemed to be the music or arts department. I started to feel more relaxed since the people walking around inside this particular building were very scarce. I guess it was still before 8AM afterall haha.

'You said you wanted to see me perform so I figured I should bring you to my music club's room.'

'Your music club room? Wow cool!' I beamed, temporarily forgetting that we had been holding hands for a while now.

'This is it.' He suddenly stopped by a room, making me bump softly into his back. I didn't have time to really react as he dragged me inside really quickly, almost yanking even.

'Wha-what's your rush?' I stammered, wondering about his sudden hurry to get me inside the room, almost like as If we weren't supposed to be in there.

'It's the fangirls.' Luhan chuckled. 'Don't want them spotting you.'

And then I suddenly remembered that we were holding hands as I looked down and saw my left hand with his right, clasped together.

'Sorry.' I immediately pulled away, stepping backward.

'No, it's okay. I was the one being careless.' He shook his head.

I took a moment to look around the spacious room which was actually humongous! One corne of the room was literally another small room that seemed like a recording studio. Ther ewas a huge grand piano in another corner and one side of the room had guitars and all sorts of insturments hanging on the walls. And in the middle of the classroom there were sets of desks, obviously for where students take notes.

'Luhan, this is amazing!!' I exclaimed.

'We have some of the best facilities in Seoul afterall.' He nodded. 'Anyway, the reaso I wanted to bring you here was this.' He walked over to a cabinet, opening it and looking through some folders before finding a certain one and taking it out. It had his name printed on the front.

'Is this some of the stuff you've written?' I gasped, looking at him flip threw several pages of sheet music.

'There's a few of them. But a lot of these are just rearranged piano bits that Lay plays for me when I sing. But I've been working on something new....' He finally stopped at the last sheet that inside the folder.

I scanned my eyes over the music and frowned.

'Why is it all in Chinese?'

And that was when Luhan laughed in amusement at my confused expression.

'Because I'm Chinese, duh.' He smirked at me, waiting for my reaction.

'You...what?' My head was cocked to the side, trying to register what he just said. And then I thought about his name.

Luhan.

Luhan.

Lu HAN.

LUHAN.

'YOU HAVE A CHINESE NAME!' I shouted all of a sudden like as If I discovered a huge treasure, my eyes being shot open and my mouth as well.

'Yeah, I know that.' He nodded, still smirking at me.

'You....Oh my god you're CHINESE!' I had my hands on my head, wondering how much of an idiot I was. It never occured to me that he was from overseas, he looks Korean afterall..

'But...But why is your Korean so good? You don't have an accent....Oh my god I'm such an idiot. Your name isn't even Korean.'

'That's okay. Everyone has their blonde moments.' He gave me a smug look and for once was teasing me. It felt so familiar I unknowingly pouted and smacked him on the arm.

'Shut up!' I puffed my cheeks. I then looked at him in horror, realising I just smacked my Prince. MY PRINCE.

I was just about to bark out a speech of apologies but then I looked at him...

 

 

And he was...smiling?

 

'Luhan?' I questioned.

 

'This is the first time.' He still smiled, softly rubbing his hurt(not sure how I hard I hit him) arm.

'First time what?'

'First time you're talking to me as you. I know because this is exactly how you treat Sehun.'

 

I paused, thinking about it for a moment before breaking eye contact.

 

'Right....' I nodded, bothered by the fact he could see through me. He knew...He knew and was probably just waiting for me to talk to him like I talk to his best friend. Then again, he must've had the same conversation I had with Sehun about 'showing our real personlities'....but I didn't like it. I couldn't ever imagine myself talking to Luhan like I talk to Sehun....

 

'Don't think too much about it.' Luhan said, like as if he knew I was having all these thoughts in my head. I didn't get to say anything before he walked forward, his face looking down at me as he brushed a lock of hair behind my ear. 'I like this a lot.'

----

A/N: I got nooo excuses. (yes i updated the other 2 fics before this one, I am sorry guys!) No time to ramble this chapter, I got work in a few hours :'D gotta sleep. Thankyou and enjoy!! Been home for a month already haha (y) how have your holidays been guys?