002

Remember Me ?

“My name is Park Chanyeol” Chanyeol uttered to himself desperately. He found his family name from the lady who claimed to be his mother. “At least I’m not homeless”

“They say that you have to stay here a little longer” The lady said as she came into the room with a sad face. “I wanted to take you back home so badly”

               All Chanyeol could do was smile. Of course it’s hard for him. He knew nobody and now he had to go and live his life with them He had to start his life again which would have been easy for a four years old but not for a 22 years old matured guy. He just didn’t know where to start. He only wished that his memory would come back.

“What happened to me?” Chanyeol asked from the lady.
“Huh?” the lady was stunned.
“I mean what happened for me to end up in a hospital” Chanyeol  made his question clear.
“Ah that” the lady hesitated before saying. “It was an accident. Your car crashed. That was all”
“Oh” Chanyeol uttered and was thinking to himself again. He doesn’t remember anything about a car crash or even him driving a car. Everything seemed blank in his mind like he had no past. Like he never lived at all.

               That night he fell asleep quite early because of the tired day and that familiar little boy was haunting him again in sleep. And this time he was looking at his childhood-self and the little boy.

“Channie, my mom said that I should become a doctor when I grow up” the little boy said. “Doesn’t your mother say things like that?”
“No, she says that I should be someone that I like” Chanyeol answered.
“Then who do you wanna become?”
“I don’t know”
“Then will you be a doctor too?” the little boy was excited.  “So we can work together”
“I don’t know” Chanyeol smiled at the little boy. “Maybe I will”

                  The next morning Chanyeol woke up in a good mood. He felt as if that little boy was his friend. Well, it’s crazy but sometimes feelings are crazy. Chanyeol felt that he had a close friend. A very close friend indeed.

“Uh…M-mom” Chanyeol tried to put some effort to talk to his mother. But as the lady heard that she was burst into tears. Somehow she managed to talk through her crying.
“W-Why Chanyeol?”
“Have I ever had a friend? A very close friend” Chanyeol looked straight at his mother. But her mother seemed quite puzzled or maybe she was scared.
“Why are you asking that honey?”
“Nothing. Just asking” Chanyeol said shaking his head slightly.
“No, honey” His mother said “There wasn’t any”
Chanyeol nodded though it was hard for him to trust her answer as it was totally against what he felt. “Who are you?” Chanyeol murmured to himself, puzzeled.

“Hey” Chanyeol looked up as he heard Dr.Choi’s voice. Both of them had got along and now were comfortable with each other. “How ya feeling?”
“Good” Chanyeol smiled brightly at the doctor.
“What’s your name?” Dr.Choi asked playfully.
“Park Chanyeol”
“Your mother?”
“Park BoYoung”
“Father?”
“Park NamSeon”
“No memory coming back?” Dr.Choi asked, worried.
“No” Chanyeol shook his head. “Except that I see a little boy in my dreams”
“A little boy?” Dr.Choi raised his eyebrows. Chanyeol nodded.
“It’s definitely your imagination, honey” Chanyeol’s mother entered the conversation, quite hurriedly.
“Is it?” Chanyeol shrugged as the doctor asked. “Do you always see him?” Chanyeol nodded.
“Then we should think about that?” Dr.Choi stated.
“He always used to imagine things when he was younger. Maybe that’s what he is seeing” Mrs.Park said quickly. Dr. Choi looked straight at her like he was trying to read her mind.
“So I’m going now” Dr. Choi stood up to leave. “Don’t force yourself, okay? And Mrs, Park, can I talk to you for a second?” Then both Mrs.Park and the doctor went outside. Chanyeol wished that he could listen to their conversation as he felt something weird about his mother. But they were nowhere to be seen or heard. So he just laid down and kept staring at the ceiling, thinking about himself. Am I really mad?

“Who really are you?”

         Next day Chanyeol woke up to see the doctor and the police officer talking again. He closed his eyes again and pretended that he’s still asleep and eavesdropped on the conversation. He couldn’t hear them properly. He could only get some words like: “car crash”, “music”, “guitar player”, “friends”….FRIENDS! Chanyeol wanted to go closer and listen. But it isn’t like they are not gonna stop talking if he did that. So he just kept acting as he’s asleep. But he knew that there was something that both his mother and Dr.Choi are hiding from him. And he really wanted to know what it was. His heart craved for it. Friends you say?