003

Remember Me ?

Chanyeol never saw the police officer again. And soon they told him that he was fine and was taken home too quickly that he didn’t even have time to think about what was happening. As he entered his so called home, he felt weird. It wasn’t weird because the garden was filled with uninviting bushes and kinda looked abandoned or because his room was way too small. It was weird because he wasn’t familiar with it. When he saw his parents for the first time, he felt familiar with them. But this house just brought no memory of him. It was more annoying because Chanyeol was trying to make himself remember about his past and he was kinda excited when they said that he’s going home. But he gained no memory at all.

           Chanyeol entered his room and looked at everyplace and everything in hope of remembering anything. He just ransacked the whole room and soon it looked as if a tornado just came into his room. It was totally upside down when his mother, Mrs. Park, entered with a cup of tea in her hands and was stunned.

“What are you doing, Chanyeol?” She asked looking at the mess.
“Nothing. Just c-cleaning” Chanyeol answered quite dumbly.
“Cleaning?” Mrs.Park raised one eyebrow.
“Well it is how I clean my room. I-it’s how- how people with lost memories clean their rooms”
“O-okay! Here’s your tea” She left as she handed Chanyeol the tea.

           Chanyeol sighed as she disappeared. He was unable to find anything that would make him remember anything. Then he went outside to see if there was anything, anything that looks familiar to him. He walked around the garden. It sure was an abandoned garden where there weren’t a single flower. I wasn’t familiar either. Chanyeol was tired. All he wanted  was to feel alive. But he now feels like he is lost and alone. It was hard to start a life again when he knew that he was missing a lot things, more likely everything. He glanced back at the garden. Then he was reminded of one of his dreams. The one where he remembered his name. In that dream there was a garden. And it was familiar. But this garden looked nothing like it. He hesitated whether it was really his house. Is it really my house?          

            At the dinner table everyone was eating quietly. It was a delicious dinner for Chanyeol. After eating hospital food for days, this dinner felt as if it was from a five star hotel. Suddenly a thought crossed his mind.

“Mom” he uttered.
“Yes darling”
“Aren’t there any pictures of my childhood? I mean photographs”
There was a little silence and then Mr. & Mrs. Park looked at each other.
“H-honey our house was burnt. You sure don’t remember it” Mrs.Park said finally, forcing a smile.
“Burnt?” Chanyeol questioned again, quite puzzled. He had no memory of that.
“Yes we lost everything that day” Mrs.Park seemed troubled. “Everything including photographs and all”
“Listen son,” This time it was Mr.Park. “We know you want your memory back. And we’d love it too if you could. But the thing is there is nothing that we could show you to gain your memory back because our house was burnt”

             Chanyeol was mute again. He was thinking too hard. He lost his hope in life. He saw no future ahead of him. He did not wanna live that way. No past, no memory and fewer feelings. He felt as if he was a robot.  And suddenly he lost trust in those who he called his parents. He felt something fishy going on. But he had no idea what to do. So he lay down on his bed and closed his eyes. But hey! Chanyeol sat on his bed again. Even if the house was burnt, the garden should still be there….And it may help me to remember something, anything! What if the garden was damaged too? Well, nothing to lose by trying.

BEEP~~                      

             Chanyeol was woken up by the alarm the next morning. He felt as if he was a secret agent. He had to find the address of his house and go there to see if anything is gonna bring back memories. He got out of bed and ran into the bathroom and within minutes he was ready for investigation.

“Firstly, I have to find the address! Where can I find it?” Chanyeol asked himself. He had no idea where to find it. He walked forwards and backwards inside his room. He lost contact with reality and soon was sinking in a sea of ideas that made no sense at all.

“Honey, what are you doing?” Chanyeol was stunned, looking at his mother he never noticed coming in. “Why are you walking like that? I could hear you even from the kitchen”

Chanyeol was totally dumbfounded. “Morning exercising” he finally managed to spit some words out that would make some sense. “Good for your health, you know” then he started to make some random moves to prove that he was excercising.

“Okay” Mrs,Park said awkwardly and turned around to leave the room.
“Mom” Chanyeol’s sudden voice quite surprised her.
“Yes, honey” She was curious about what her son had to say. But,
“N-Nothing” Chanyeol answered with an unreadable expression on his face.
“Are you sure?” Mrs. Park asked.
“Yeah. It’s just nothing” said Chanyeol. “I just need to get back to exercising” And then he forced a smile.
“Okay then” She said and left Chanyeol alone in his room. Chanyeol put out a heavy sigh.

“There is no way that she will tell me the address. All she did this far was avoiding any chance of me remembering anything. And if I asked she may hesitate about me and I won't be able to find any clue about my past”. Chanyeol thought to himself."But then how can I? This is harder than I thought!"