005

Remember Me ?

                There is a time in everyone’s life when they are afraid of doing something but they wanna do it so badly that they end up making someone explode in anger. And Chanyeol was facing that kind of time.

“Chanyeol, where are you going?” Mrs. Park asked from her son, who was power walking to the front door.
“F- For a walk, mom” Chanyeol answered out of nowhere.
“It’s not a good time for a walk, honey” Mrs. Park stood up from the couch and walked towards Chanyeol. “It’s 6 o’clock. It’s getting dark.”
“Uh-Doesn’t matter. Just wanna have a walk outside.” Chanyeol uttered fast as he couldn’t wait another night to find the place that would be able to bring his memory back.
“No, you are not going anywhere.” Chanyeol startled hearing the deep, scary voice of his father, who was coming down the staircase. “Go to your room! NOW!”
“But-”
“No buts! Into your room, young man.”Chanyeol went back to his room without another word. He wanted to talk back, but talking back to someone, with whom he had no clear memory of, was hard. For some reason he was unable to remember about his parents. Though he felt familiar, no memory of them came back to his mind.

“What are you doing?” Mrs. Park asked as soon as she heard the door of Chanyeol’s room shutting.
“I did what had to be done.” said Mr. Park and handed his wife a piece of paper. Mrs. Park took it and gasped as she read it. “This is-”
“I found it inside his pocket. This kid wants to hurt himself so bad.” Mrs. Park uttered with anger rising inside of him.
“What do we do now?” Mrs. Park asked, worried.
“Just don’t let him go too far from here”

 

“Aish!” Chanyeol kicked the wall with his left leg. “Ouch! He sure knows something about my plans. I have to find this house somehow.” He ran his hands through his pockets to find the piece of paper in which he wrote down the address of the house. “Where is it?” Chanyeol was bewildered as the address was nowhere to be found. “Oh don’t tell me!” He lay down on the bed as he uttered. “Dad.”

“Chanyeol, honey! Breakfast is ready! Come down.” The next morning Mrs. Park called Chanyeol as she finished making the delicious breakfast. “Chanyeol!” but nobody answered.
“Chanyeol get down here! Your momma is calling you!” Mr. Park shouted as he came into the kitchen. “So what do we have here?”
“Your favorite!” Mrs. Park said, smiling. “I’ll go and wake him up! He sure is sleeping.” She washed her hands and hurriedly climbed the stairs, shouting “Chanyeol”.

She knocked on Chanyeol’s door quite a few times but there was no response. Finally she decided to go in. As she opened the door she was stunned. There was nobody in the room and the window was left open.

 

“Hey mister, you can’t sleep here! Get up and get going!” Chanyeol opened his eyes to find a police officer in front of him. He was sleeping on a bench in a park. “Okay” Chanyeol uttered as he sat on the bench. “But hey!” He called the police officer who was walking away from him.

“Why?” The police officer asked.
“How can I get to Seoul?” Chanyeol asked politely.
“You don’t know how to go to Seoul? Man, are you really Korean?” He was surprised. Chanyeol just smiled, embarrassed. “Do you even know where this is?”
“It’s – It’s N-Nanw-wom” Chanyeol uttered, uneasily.
“It’s Namwon!”
“Yeah, yeah, that’s it”
“New to here?” He asked, narrowing his eyes.
“Y-Yes”
“Well, Seoul is not so far from here. You can get there within 3 hours maybe.” The officer answered. “You’ll have a long bus ride.” He turned around and left as he answered.
“Bus ride? Oh come on!” Chanyeol whined. “I don’t even have money!” He ran his fingers through his hair trying to figure out a way to find the bus fair. Then an idea struck him. “My wrists watch”