001

Remember Me ?

                Sometimes in life you have to go through a lot of pain and hurt just to know that you are alive. And once again being alive is one of the best feelings in this world. But there are times when being alive are also as tiring as dying. There are times when you feel like you’re dead even when you inhale Oxygen and exhale Carbon Dioxide, just the way a mortal man does. And unfortunately Chanyeol was facing the worst time of his life- he feels like he’s dead when he inhales through an oxygen mask.

                   Chanyeol opened his eyes. But everything was blurry in his eyes. He felt a sudden ache in his head. It was indescribable. His head felt like a huge rock that his body strength wasn’t enough to move his head. He slowly touched his head with both his hands and tried to understand what was going on. His head was covered thickly with band aids. “What’s going on?” Chanyeol uttered to himself as he couldn’t understand the circumstance at that moment. Then he tried to look around as his vision became clearer. He was in a small room painted in white and light blue, which made it pleasant in his eyes. A ceiling fan was rotating slowly making the only sound in the room. And beside him was a small wooden bedside table with a flower vase on the top of it and also a chair beside him. Only then he heard the sound of the ECG machine like his ears were inactive all this time. Now he knew that all his senses were activated and he felt that he was alive, in a hospital. But yet he was confused about how he came here.

                   Suddenly Chanyeol heard the door opening and looked straight at the door. In came a pleasant-looking guy with a long white coat. Chanyeol assumed that he must be a doctor. He smiled politely as he came in.

“So you woke up” stated the stranger coming near Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded slowly. “So how are you feeling?”
 “G-Good” Chanyeol said in a low voice, not sure about his answer. “How did I get here? What had happened to me?”
“Okay, okay. You’ll get to know all that later. But first you have to rest” said the man, smiling. “And I’m Dr. Choi and you are in the Sung-Ae hospital. I have some questions for you”
Chanyeol looked at the doctor with widened eyes waiting for the questions.
“Now can you tell me your name?” the doctor asked narrowing his eyes as Chanyeol struggled to remember his name.
“I-I can’t remember my name” Chanyeol shouted in disbelief. “I don’t remember anything at all” Chanyeol started breathing faster as he tried harder.
“No.No.No.Don’t force yourself. If you can’t remember, it’s fine” the doctor tried to calm him down.
“How can it be fine?” Chanyeol was going half mad when the doctor grabbed his hand and injected something to him. Soon his vision became blurry again and he felt everything fading away as he finally closed his eyes.

“Channie!” Chanyeol heard someone calling.

“Channie!!” It was familiar.

“Channie, wake up!” this time it was louder and Chanyeol opened his eyes all of a sudden to see who it was. But there was no one except for the doctor and the police officer, who were talking to each other at the corner of the room.

“He needs time to be recovered. Right side of his head has knocked against something very hard. If we force him to remember, it will only make him worse. He’s not in a good condition.” The doctor explained.
“Okay then. I understand. Inform us when he’s better. So we can investigate further.” Said the policeman to the doctor. “Thank you for your help” he said finally and left the room.

                   Chanyeol was listening to the whole conversation and he came to understand that he had lost his memory, which made him feel alone, friendless and homeless. He knew nobody except Dr.Choi. And when he tried to remember anything about him or his family, it only made him feel worse. So at the end he gave up and fell asleep as he felt tired.

 

“chanieee!wake up!”

“chanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

 

                     Chanyeol opened his eyes and he was in a small bed room. It was full of toys and other things that children use. And beside him there was a little boy. He looked kind and playful.

“Ah finally you woke up!Let’s go and play” he said. He took Chanyeol’s hand and tried to pull him off the bed.“Come will you!Ho…..w come….y-you are s-so he-he…avy????
“Hey, hey what are you doing???!!!!stop it!!” Chanyeol said since the little guy was about to part his hand from his body.
“This isn’t gonna work!” he said. Then he crawled into the bed and pushed Chanyeol with his legs.
“Hey, what are you doing?? Stop it! I’ll fall.”Chanyeol tried to keep himself from falling. “No! No! No! Stop it!” he shouted.
“You are coming with me!”said the little boy as he finally pushed Chanyeol off the bed.
 “Nooo!”Chanyeol shouted and got up quickly. He was stunned to see that he was still in the hospital.
“What the hell was that??! Was it just a dream??? It felt so real though” Chanyeol thought to himself. “That boy……he was somewhat familiar”

“So You finally woke up! Your parents have come to see you.” Chanyeol’s thoughts were disturbed by Dr.Choi, who was walking towards him with some people behind him. Chanyeol peeped to see who his parents were. They were familiar to him but yet too hard to recognize.

“Can you remember them?” Dr.Choi asked. Chanyeol shook his head. And a lady, who was there started to cry. “Oh my son”. Chanyeol was gazing at them in a weird way. Suddenly his head was starting to ache. He closed his eyes tightly while holding his head.

 He could see a two storied house with a big garden filled with flowers and plants. A little boy was running across the garden while a lady was shouting:

“Chanyeol, don’t be too late. And be careful…..and don’t be reckless.”

“okay, mom!” the little boy said and he looked back at the lady. Chanyeol felt as if the lady was calling to him. He knew it for sure for some reason even though she was talking to the little boy. He was looking at his own self. Chanyeol opened his eyes and he was breathing fast again.

“Calm down!” Said Dr.Choi sitting beside Chanyeol.
“Chanyeol! My name is Chanyeol” Chanyeol said finally what he felt was right. And the lady who was crying came and hugged Chanyeol tightly, making Chanyeol feel nervous. “At least you remember your name” She whispered to Chanyeol’s ear, sobbing.

                What is going on? Chanyeol himself couldn’t understand what was happening. “Is this lady my mother” he asked himself. This was just one incident. And he knew that there are more to come. He knew nothing about him and yet he had to live and find out.