The Mother

The Red Connection

Hakyeon's mother screams slightly when she arrives home.
"Hakyeon is sick," Taekwoon says after he grasps the situation. Hakyeon releases a small sounds from his body, and moves closer to Taekwoon.
"Then why are you topless in bed with him?" She asks.
"Body heat," Taekwoon says, fixing Hakyeon's hair. Hakyeon makes more little noises, and opens his eyes slowly.
"Did I fall back asleep?" Hakyeon asks, and Taekwoon nods.
"Hakyeon, explain," his mother says, and he looks to her.
"Sorry mom. I was sick," Hakyeon says, and she hums.
"But who is he?" She asks, and Taekwoon slips out of the bed. Hakyeon shivers as Taekwoon slips on his sweater, and kneels on his knees.
"I am Jung Taekwoon. Please accept me," Taekwoon says, meeting Hakyeon's mother's eyes.
"Jung?" She asks, and Taekwoon nods. She sighs, and looks at string.
"Okay. Just don't hurt him," she says, and Taekwoon stands.
"Thank you," Taekwoon says, as Hakyeon reaches out grabs his hand.
"Taekwoon," Hakyeon says, and Taekwoon turns to him.
"Yeah?"
"I'm cold." Taekwoon pouts, and rubs Hakyeon's hand.
"Okay," Taekwoon says, as he sits beside Hakyeon on his bed.

His mother sighs, and looks between the two. It's the happiest she's seen Hakyeon in a long while.
"I'm going to go make tea," she says as she watches them. Hakyeon hums, as Taekwoon plays with his hair. She walks out, and frowns. He can't be his son. She likes him, but hopes he isn't his son.

Taekwoon smiles as Hakyeon falls asleep again. Taekwoon kisses his nose, and fixes his hair. Hakyeon smiles in his sleep, and Taekwoon stands. He covers his connection, and walks out of the room. He sees his mother preparing the tea, and walks to her.
"Is he asleep again?" She asks, setting the kettle on the stove.
"Yes," Taekwoon says, looking at her fingers. He sees the indent, and frowns.
"Good. He needs it," she says, looking at him.
"I won't hurt him," Taekwoon says, and she nods.
"I hope not," she says, as she turns to grab the tea bags.
"I would never dream of it," Taekwoon says, and she nods.
"Life has been hard enough on him as it is," she says, sighing.
"What happened?" He asks, and she sticks a bag in the boiling water.
"He was born with a weak immune system, and we've had to shelter him from the cold and rain. When he was three months old the doctor was giving him his booster shots, and when he came back out he had a knot. Not a string, a knot. Three months old, and his love unknown," she says, tearing up slightly.
"I didn't."
"You wouldn't. Anyway, when Hakyeon was ten. His father went away to serve his time. He was shot, and Hakyeon still misses him," she says, rubbing her finger where her knot was. Taekwoon blinks, and frowns deeply.
"I'm sorry for your loss," he says, and she nods.
"Thank you," she says, as he walks to her.
"I can't change the past. But I promise your son a bright future," Taekwoon says, meeting her eyes.
"That is all I truly wish for," she says, as the pot whistles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Accepting mother. And Hakyeon's back story. I hope you liked it. Comments are loved. I need to write more, and I can. School is out! (-<) <3 ^_^