The Regrets

The Red Connection

Taekwoon sits on his bed. He runs his fingers though the red string. He doesn't bother to cry anymore. His father put a guard in front of the door. He's not allowed to leave the house. He looks at the crumpled, tear stained, piece of paper before him. He shakes his head.
"So, June thirtieth is your birthday, Hakyeon," he mutters, remembering the words spoken to him. He crumples the invitation. He shakes his head, and moves from his bed. He opens the door, and the guard stops him.
"Where do you think you're going?" He asks, voice deep and rough.
"The kitchen. I don't think my father is paying you to starve me," Taekwoon snaps, before continuing on his way. The guard follows after, as Taekwoon weaves through the house. He steps into the stainless-steel room, and walks to a fridge. He pulls out a small bundle of sugary and meaty snacks. He walks to a counter, and leans against it. He grabs the first piece of meat he encounters, before tearing at it with his teeth.

 

Hakyeon lays on his bed. He shakes from cold, despite the warm temperatures and five blankets. He sneezes, as he pulls the blankets close. He watches the door, hoping that his one love will walk through the door. He shakes his head, and closes his eyes. He rolls over, pulling his legs up.
"You really are sick."
"Go away, Jaehwan. I don't want to talk to anyone," Hakyeon mutters, rolling back over.
"I don't think that's possible. You love to talk," Jaehwan counters, walking over to him. He kneels by the bed.
"I did something stupid, didn't I?" Hakyeon mutters, looking at him. Jaehwan nods, and fixes Hakyeon's hair.
"Completely," he confirms. Hakyeon looks down.
"I love him. Why couldn't he say that he loves me?" He whispers, looking up at Jaehwan. Jaehwan sighs. He looks down at the string around Hakyeon's fingers.
"Connections tend to grow up together. You and Taekwoon have known each other for less than what, six months? This is new and terrifying for him," he whispers, brushing back Hakyeon's bangs.
"I want him to love me," Hakyeon whispers, slapping the hand away.
"He does. I see the way he looks at you. You need to stop moping around like this, and find a way to talk to him," Jaehwan explains, sighing after. "You have your chance. You should take it."
Hakyeon sniffles, before sneezing. "Maybe once I'm better," he offers, smiling at Jaehwan.
"Yeah. Maybe then," Jaehwan speaks, smiling back at him.

 

Taekwoon stands outside his father's office. The guard stands beside the door. Taekwoon sighs, before walking inside. He looks at his father, fear and disgust boiling in his stomach. His face his kept neutral, as his father looks up.
"Yes, Taekwoon?" He asks, smirking at him.
"I'm going to go live with Hakyeon. You can cut me off. I don't care. I refuse to follow you any longer and to marry Tiffany," Taekwoon speaks, attempting to keep his voice from wavering. His father stands, and walks around his desk.
"Fine. Go then. Just don't crawl back to me when it fails," he agrees, looking at Taekwoon. Taekwoon turns, and moves to the door. He doesn't glance back at his father. His finger is tugged. He looks up to find his father twirling a red string around his finger.
"Or I could just cut your string Taekwoon. Then, you don't even need to go back to that low life waste of space." He yanks the string, pulling Taekwoon with it. "I love being a fate, Taekwoon. . It helps with so many business deals. I can literally pull people into deals they don't want. Now, I believe you a suit fitting at three. You wouldn't want to be late for that. It is for your wedding after all."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Plot twist! I'll bet none of you saw that coming. I was getting to this point, but some people just so impatient that they can't wait for the plot to unfold. Oh well. Two more chapters guys~! (-<) <3 ^_^