The Meeting

The Red Connection

"Hakyeon! Get up!" A mother yells at her son.
"I'm moving," Hakyeon yells, dressing. He moves his red bangs in the mirror, sighing when he sees his cut string. He walks out to his mom, and smiles weakly at her.
"Hey honey," His mother says, preparing breakfast for him.
"Hi mom," he sighs, looking at his knot.
"Thinking about who was on the other end?" She asks, setting a plate in front of him.
"Yeah. I just want to know," Hakyeon sighs, stabbing his food.
"I know sweetie," his mother says, with her knot imprint on her finger.
"I miss dad," Hakyeon says, as he stuffs his food in his mouth.
"I do too. Why don't you head to class?" His mother says, smiling weakly.
"Okay. I love you," he says, grabbing his bag.
"I love you, too," she says, as Hakyeon runs out. He walks his path to his school, and he attempts to avoid the stares.
"Freak," one mutters, as Hakyeon enters his room. Couples snuggle against each other, and Hakyeon just sighs, looking at his knot.
"Class. We have a new student," the teacher says, walking in with another student behind. Eyes flicker to the lack of a string on his finger.
"I'm Jung Taekwoon. Please take care of me," he says, with a neutral tone and face.
"Okay. Please sit in the back beside Hakyeon," the teacher says, and Taekwoon walks back to him.
"Hi," Taekwoon says, his eyes flickering down to Hakyeon's knot.
"Hi," Hakyeon replies, moving his hand under the table. Taekwoon sighs, and sits beside the shorter male.

Taekwoon didn't want to be here. He doesn't want to be around all the strings he can cut. That is why he moved again. He hates seeing the strings, hates the love that they think they need.
"New kid. Lunch time," Hakyeon says, and Taekwoon nods, snapping out of his long daze. Taekwoon hates seeing the faces of people who have had their string cut. He hates see the sad faces they always have.
"Can I sit with you?" Taekwoon quietly asks, following the shorter.
"Sure," Hakyeon says, walking to the lunch room. They walk in silence, making it slowly to the lunch room.
Hakyeon sighs, and walks to the table in the corner. Taekwoon follows, watching the knotted male.
"Line is over there," Hakyeon says, pointing. Taekwoon nods, and walks over to the end of the line. Hakyeon sighs as he leaves.
"What's with you?" A deep voice says.
"Just thinking Wonshik," Hakyeon says, looking at the curly, white-haired male with his connected string.
"Oh," Wonshik says, sitting beside him, string lengthening.
"Hey guys," a blonde says, sitting down, with his connection by his side.
"Hey Sanghyuk, Hongbin," Hakyeon says, looking at their shared string.
"Is it one of those days?" Hongbin asks, and Hakyeon nods.
"Kenjumma is here!" A large nosed kid says, sitting beside the stringed couple.
"Jaehwan. You're weird," Wonshik says, laughing deeply.
"No. I'm cute. Buing buing," Jaehwan says, rocking his stringless hands near his cheeks.
"Nope. Weird," Hakyeon says, as a tray is set near him.
"Who are you?" Hongbin asks, pushing up his glasses.
"This is Taekwoon. I said he could sit with us," Hakyeon says, and Taekwoon nods agreeing.
"Hello," Taekwoon says, sitting. His eyes glance over everyone's hands.
"You stringless?" Wonshik asks, peeking over at him.
"Yes," Taekwoon whispers, eyes settling on Wonshik's string. His eyes move to a group of girls at the end of the line.
"They all have strings," Jaewhan says, and Taekwoon looks to him.
"Just saying," Jaehwan says, and Taekwoon's eyes resettle on Wonshik's string. He sighs, and parts start to fray. Taekwoon moves his eyes to elsewhere, and bites his lips.
"... Will go," Wonshik says.
"I doubt," Hakyeon says, looking to Taekwoon.
"New kid. Do you want to take Hakyeon to the dance tonight?" Wonshik asks, and Taekwoon drops his fork. Taekwoon looks at white-haired, and then to the redhead.
"Sure," Taekwoon whispers, settling his eyes on Hyuk and Hongbin's string.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: first update. Yay! I hope you like it. Comments are loved! (-<) <3 ^_^