Will Always Be There

Daddy Is An Original Hipster

“Here! Here is perfect, doesn’t it Haru?” Jiyong sprinted through the park with Haru comfortably sitting on his shoulders, her hands positioned on Jiyong’s hat and a massive gin set upon her face. I gave an exasperated sigh as the two of them hastily dodged a walker before continuing to run across the woodland park to a deserted tree. And if it wasn’t enough, Gaho, Jiyong’s dog, was following them in a total tumult.

I quickened my pace as Jiyong had already opened up the picnic bag that he had clutched in his hand, pulled out a white picnic blanket and hastily placed it on the ground. There weren’t many people there, a few families with children screaming in delight, couples walking hand in hand through the trees.

I sighed, turning away from them and averting my eyes to the ground. I couldn’t help feeling jealous.

“Oh my god… Chaerin this is so good!” Jiyong moaned between bites of my succulent kimbap.

“Yah stop yelling like that, it’s… weird!” I scolded him as I sat next to them trying not to crumple my dress but I couldn’t help grinning widely, “And well, the cooking is a recent development.”

Jiyong paused in his brief moment of gluttony and looked at me, “Oh?”

Haru jumped in to answer, “We ate a lot of pizzas before!”

“I started to cook more for Haru.” I stated

“Now, you can cook for Yong-Yong too!” Haru added cheerily

I blinked.

“Jiyong is old enough to cook for himself you know Haru. Even if he can’t even cook ramen!” Jiyong glared at me but I just shrugged, “Come on how could you ruin ramen? It’s noodles!”

The tips of his ears reddened just a hint, “Seungri’s usually the one cooking...”

I couldn’t hold back the snort of laughter.

 

 

Ten minutes later and a dozen of ‘It’s so good Chaerin’, after conversing in between bites, we finished eating. Jiyong and Haru had managed to eat like ogres. All the food disappeared. Really, I didn’t know how they could eat so much without being fat!  

 “Mommy, can I go play with Gaho now?” Haru stood up determined

“Well, I thought you wanted to spend your day with me sweetie?” I asked a bit surprised

“Yeah but Gaho is much more funny than mommy!”

Okay, is it me or my daughter compared me to a dog? I heaved a great mental sigh.

“She’s right. Gaho’s funnier.”

And now Jiyong was just mocking me. But what could I do? Haru was already pouting and her eyes brimmed with watery tears.

“Fine. Go now before I change my mind!” I sighed defeated. Geez, now I was alone with Jiyong…

“Thank you mommy!” Haru jumped and threw her thin arms around my neck and hugged me tight. How could I be mean to this adorable daughter of mine when she was this cute?

“Don’t worry, she loves you a lot.” I heard Jiyong whispering as Haru left with Gaho running like crazy between the trees

“Yeah, I know.” My eyes followed Haru’s back until I couldn’t see them

“And even if Gaho’s funnier than you, you’re still way cuter.”

“Thank you a lot Jiyong. Could you please stop comparing me to your dog now?” I rolled my eyes irritated

“Fine…” he chuckled as he lied sprawled out over the blanket, taking off his hat and his hands behind his head.

I shifted a bit uneasy on the little plaid blanket.

“So… You’re a songwriter right?”

“Yeah, when I find the inspiration. Which is actually rare these days.” He yawned and closed his eyes

“Come on, you sound like it’s the worst job ever! You must be popular with girls and you must earn a lot of money!””

“First, yeah it makes me popular but most of my songs are heartbroken songs. And they are true stories. I can easily fall in love so I’m kinda unlucky in love. All I want is a serious relationship but I'm being too stupid when it comes to love. And secondly, I’m not writing songs for money, I give most of it to my parents.”

“I still envy you. I mean for your job. Being a waitress at Starbucks really !” I forced a smile

“Oh, I didn’t know. I thought you were a sort of lawyer or a secretary from the way you were dressed the first time I saw you…” He smiled his eyes still closed.

“It’s not because I’m a waitress that I can’t look good!” I narrowed my eyes at him, “I wanted to be a teacher when I was young but I stopped everything when I met Haru’s father. He was already working and we moved together.”

“How long did your relationship last?”

“We met in High School so… About five years. And it only took him a minute to dump me.” I let out a huff of humorless laughter equal parts embarrassed and frustrated for not being able to talk about it normally

“It’s your longest relationship?” Jiyong asked, voice respectfully soft.

“Yeah, and the only one.” I nodded

 “And after you never…”

“Never.” I took a deep breath, “I didn’t have the time for that. I have to care about Haru, about my job and the rent. And I don’t want to give Haru wrong hopes if I start dating someone. I don’t want her to get attached to a guy I don’t like anymore. She just wants a father so much. And who would want a girl who already has another man’s child with her…”

It was true that most of the guys who were visibly attracted by me were always stopping all their attend at the very moment I was evoking Haru.

“I’m sorry.” I heard Jiyong whispering. I knew he wouldn’t push. The Kwon Jiyong I’d come to know in the time I spent with him was surprisingly gracious. And a good listener, not judging you.

 

He sighed and pointed at the sky with his hand, “That one kinda look like you.”

I suddenly frowned and looked up at the sky only to realize Jiyong was speaking about the clouds and was trying to find shapes for them. This guy was a ten year old boy at heart, I swore on it! But I just shook my head, he knew how to put me at ease. I decided to stop thinking about the past and play the game.

I lied next to him on the blanket, shoulders pressed together and legs brushing each others and I looked at the sky,

“Like me?” I raised my eyebrow

“Yeah it looks like a cat.”

“It looks more like a pan!” I smiled

“It’s a cat, don’t deny it girl.” Jiyong protested

“Well, your cat is really flat then!” I smirked one of my eyebrow quirked up in challenge

Jiyong nibbled his bottom lip with his teeth visibly looking for an appropriated reply, “Maybe… It’s an old cat with lumbago?” he titled his head

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed his hat and put it on his face playfully hiding his forming cute smirk. I knew he was just playing the idiot to make me laugh and it actually worked.

“Thank you for being here Jiyong. Really.” I turned around facing Jiyong who pulled off the hat

His answering grin grew quickly as he responded, “Always.”

 

“Excuse me but are the parents of the little girl with the dog?” someone interrupted us beside us and I snapped my head around. Jiyong mirrored my actions.

“Yeah, Haru’s my daughter. But not his. He is not her father.” I managed a small smile which looked more like a grimace

“Yeah we never… you know… banged.” Jiyong added and the stranger immediately blushed

I shot him one of my warning glares. The one which said I-can-kill-you-and-no-one-will-find-you-body.

“Anyway, she’s playing in the fountain with her dog at this moment.”

 I groaned. Jiyong laughed at loud.

 

Here’s the second chapter of the weekend before starting a new whole week (I don’t want to go back to work tomorrow!!! :s). Anyway, I hope you spend a good weekend reading my story aswell. I saw Chaerin met Mia this weekend and it really made my day because these two were meant to meet and they’re for me the two best female rappers of the world!

Let’s go back to the story. I would like to thank you all for your support, for your comments and your upvotes which really encourage me *bows low like gd*! I think I’ll update my story each Friday in order not to make you wait any longer. Well, I'll try ;)

Chu~