Selfish

Daddy Is An Original Hipster

 

Haru's POV

I couldn’t sleeping. Well, actually I didn’t want to.

I really had fun at school today, I made new friends even if some boys were very irritating! I wanted to go back to school tomorrow but at the same time I felt that something was wrong with mommy.

First, she didn’t seem happy when I saw her at the end of the school. And secondly she didn’t play with me at home. Well, I had Gaho for that and we played all the evening but I still missed my mommy.

Daddy was strange too. He was always hugging mommy to comfort her. And he didn’t played guitar and he went to sleep very earlier than usually!

I really wondered if they still loved each other. I was happy I had a new daddy because I could play with him but also because mommy wasn’t alone again. But seeing them like this made me sad…

I heard a little noise coming from the kitchen. Was it already Santa Claus? My teacher told me he would come to give me gifts but it wasn’t Christmas yet!

I stood up in my pajamas holding my teddy bear firmly in my hand and started walking out of my room.

“Daddy?” I called seeing him in the kitchen. He was sitting at the counter visibly drinking something. He was totally dressed. He even had his jacket on him. He looked at me surprised.

“Haru? You should be sleeping” he whispered back and smiled lightly to me. He stood up from his seat visibly tired. He had dark circles under his eyes like a panda.

“You too daddy.” I retorted back. Why adults always need to give orders while they are doing wrong things too?

He smiled again but more warmly. He walked toward me and kneeled at my level

“I know. But daddy needs to go Haru.” He patted my messy hair.

“Why?” I frowned. It was too dark and cold outside why did daddy want to leave?

“Well, I have to see someone very important.”

“Someone more important than mommy?” I frowned again. I knew she was sleeping at this moment. I didn’t want him to see other women than her!

“No never Haru,” he let out a light chuckle and closed his eyes. I was confused. He pulled me in his arms and standing up, “No one can be more important than mommy for me, I love her with all my heart.”

“Do you love me too?” I asked pouting a bit afraid he would forget me

“Of course. You’re my favorite little kiddo!!” he hide his face in the corner of my neck and tickled me with his nose.

I laughed.

“Then, I love you too daddy!” I smiled. He pulled a bit away and kissed my forehead. His eyes were bright. Was he going to cry? Don’t cry daddy!

“It’s really time to go to sleep. You have school tomorrow kiddo!” he said leading us to my room.

But I still didn’t want to sleep!

 

Jiyong's POV

 

Waving the waitress over to order a glass of whisky, I was observing the rest of the club. This place was the most selected place in Seoul. Most of the clients were business men, idols and rich dealers. It was a perfect place to speak about money, girls and to finalize new contracts. Alcohol and girls were making people friendlier.

He was there of course. Lee Soohyuk. At a table at the back of the room. He was accompanied by other rich businessmen, fat guards and drunken girls. Unfortunately for me, I had to join them.

For Haru.

I stood up hesitantly and walked toward them. Of course, the guards had seen me and stopped me at some meters from their table.

“I want to see Soohyuk right now. I’m GD from YG Entertainment.” I went straight to the point.

The guard stayed immobile ready to kick me out but I saw Soohyuk standing behind and raised his hand to shake mine.

“Excellent. Good to see you GD, how’s YG? Take a sit!” He shook my hand smiling at me innocently. It surprised and made me speechless. I had seen him a lot of times in YG’s buildings but never spoke to him. I was imagining him colder and selfish as a businessman. But he was the contrary. I understood now why Chaerin dated him…

I sat next to him as the drunken girls and the other businessmen left laughing at loud to reach the counter to order more and more alcohol.

“So how’s our friend, YG?” Soohyuk repeated facing me a glass in his hand.

“H-he’s fine.” I retorted a bit embarrassed. He wasn’t mean at all…

“Great. I could tell him I loved Epic High’s new album!” he laughed while drinking.

“Okay…” I cleared my throat, “But actually I didn’t come for that.”

“I know.” He became more serious, “I saw you with Chaerin today.”

His voice was colder and dry. I shivered a bit.

“I don’t know what you want from Chaerin but…” I started quickly but he interrupted me even colder

“I want to see my daughter of course!”

“You can’t Lee-shi.” It was my turn to become colder. I could feel anger grew up in my mind, my heart beating faster, my blood running in my veins. We were speaking about my family, I would give up on her.

The tension was palpable between us as our eyes were locked on each other waiting for the other one to look down. We wanted to dominate each other. The battle was beginning.

“And what makes you say that mister GD? Is it because you think you replaced me and Chaerin will love you forever?” Soohyuk raised his eyebrow amused

“Yeah, I replaced you. That’s the word.” I half laughed challenging him, “Haru calls me daddy not because I’m just dating her mother but also because she believes it.”

“But it’s not true. I’m her legal father. If I want to get her, I’ll have her for myself.” Soohyuk shook his head, “And that’s what I’ll do.” He looked like the conversation was finished as he stood up to join his friends at the counter. He looked satisfied arranging his jacket while smiling.

I clenched my jaws.

“Haru will never follow you because she hates you.” I shouted

Soohyuk turned back to look at me surprised. The look on his face showed he hadn’t planned that fact. He stayed speechless.

“She hates you because you abandoned her.” I added furiously then sighed,  “She… She’s happy because she finally has the family she always wanted. She has parents. If you take that to her, she won’t forgive you. You’ll make her sad.”

“I-I’ll love her…” Soohyuk sat back trying to find excuses. He sounded weak.

“I hope so.” I said harshly, “But it’s not time to come back in her life. Don’t be selfish.” I added and it looked like the last word echoed into Soohyuk’s minds as he sighed and looked miserable.

“Chaerin told me once that I was selfish…” he hide his head into his hands, “I tried to become someone better after what I did to her. I was a monster with her, that’s why I disappeared from her life, for her. But I feel so ashamed for leaving our daughter…”

“She’s not alone anymore Lee-shi. She’ll need you one day, I promise you. She’ll need to know. But it’s not the time yet. Let me raise her with Chaerin then?” I asked reluctantly. It was my last chance.

 Soohyuk looked up and…  

"Fine. I leave Haru into your hands Kwon Jiyong."

 

HI guys I'm back with a new chapter as promised! I'll like to thank you again, you gave me strengh to continue this fic! I love you, happy Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you readers and subscribers!

Kiss~