Dear My Wife

Joah

 

This is a request from one of my subbies I hope you like and I'm sorry that it took so long but I just havent had the motivation to finish any of the oneshots that I've started (and its quite a lot to tell you the truth) but honestly thankyou for reading :) Not edited sorry there may be a lot of mistakes so read with caution! lol It's also inspired by Mino's 'Dear My Wife' :)

 


 

 

MINZY’s P.O.V

 

“Hello?” I ask as I answer the phone that had been ringing ever since I had come out of the shower.

 

“Minzy he proposed!” I stop in my tracks, hoping…no praying that the voice in my ear was not who I thought it was but yet the little voice in my head had to deny it and tell me that it was who I hoped it wasn’t.

 

“What?” I ask as I try not to sound as devastated as I felt right now.

 

“The connection must be bad…Minzy! Mino he proposed and I said yes!” Her excited voice bubbles over the phone while my minds runs wild as I try to get my emotions in check just to wish my friend a congratulations that I hope sounds sincere both in her ears as well as mine.

 

“Thanks Minzy, here’s Mino,” As she hands over the phone I fight with myself not to hang up but the good friend part of me resists the tormenting voice of the girl in love with her best friend part.

 

As Mino comes on all he says is ‘Minzy,’ making my hands ball up into fists so that my nails are digging into my palms which I know will undoubtedly leave little crescent like indents on my palms.

 

“Congratulation’s Mino,” I say my voice coming out soft and sad, which I pray he doesn't hear yet I know he has as his silence answers my unheard wish.

 

“Minzy, I..” He starts before I hang up knowing that the tears I was holding onto were about to burst.  I drop my phone so that I can press my palms into my eyes as if this simple action could hold back the tears that so desprately wanted to fall yet I know its just my wishful thinking. I don’t know how long I sit in the corner of my room before I hear voices and insistent knocking on my door that goes from soft to hard banging in seconds. Throughout that time I don’t know what was being said from outside my door but I know that after a while the banging on my door stopped making me sigh in relief at being left alone, to my thoughts of sadness.

 

 

 

CL’s P.O.V

 

 

I look at Mino worried as I get off the phone with Bom who has been waiting outside Minzy’s apartment for the past few hours trying to get Minzy to open the door since she had lost her key that Minzy had given her to her apartment months back, in case of emergencies.

 

I put my cell down next to my cold coffee as I try to get my mind cleared at the news the boy in front of me had just sprung on me so casually as if it wasn't a big deal.

 

“Mino…do you know what your putting Minzy through if you go through with this marriage?” I say as a lump starts to form in my throat, while I force the words out as the mere thought of my precious best friend and little sister getting hurt by the one she loves the most in this whole world. Silence greets my words as I force myself to stay seated while my mind goes through the many different strategies in which I can get Mino to see reason which all end up in me slapping him silly and yelling at how stupid he’s being. I sigh silently as I pick up my phone deciding that this is a waste of time as I could have used this time to go to and help Bom coax Minzy to open the door. Before I can move out towards the door, he speaks.

 

“She’s pregnant.” I sit back down my mouth open as if to say something that wont be verbalised. My once over active minds goes blank as it processes the two little words that had just shattered my hope of Minzy ever being happy with Mino and vice versa.

 

I don’t say anything as my mind flicks through all the memories that had involved Minzy and Mino, first with them starting off as best friends then later on into a loving couple. I shake my head as I flick the past away before standing up once again, my disappointment rising higher and higher at how this relationship seems to be ending before it could really start.

 

“I’m going to go and try to get my best friend who is like a little sister to me to open the door as she's locked herself inside of her apartment. I know that we’re family and bloods supposed to be thicker that water as your my cousin and all but she’s also my family just without the blood ties and she comes first no matter what. I’ll talk to you later,” I say as I squeeze his shoulder before walking towards the exit. Not before hearing a ‘look after her please,’ come softly from the boy behind me.

 

 

Mino’s P.O.V

 

 

My mind just keeps on replaying the moment where my heart breaks for the second time in my life. 

 

Dear my wife
Dear my wife
The chance that no other girl was chosen to have
I’ll hand it over to you, to my future wife

 

I scroll through all the photos on my phone with every single picture of her having different expressions on her face.

 

 

I stop as I come across a photo of her smiling so brightly at me that I have to close my eyes in sadness as I wonder if I’ll ever get to see her smile like that ever again or if we will be as close as we once were.

 

I open my eyes as I hear the sound of chairs being moved back as if some was planning on sitting at the table. I sigh as I see my brothers Youngbae and Jiyong sitting in front of me with serious expressions on their faces as I know they are going to growl me for hurting the girl who they thought of as a little sister.

 

“Chae called and said that you needed us more than ever right now.” Youngbae says breaking the awkward silence that was settling between us as if we were mere strangers that had met today, rather than real lilfe brothers.

 

“How are you two doing by the way? I forgot to ask Chae,” I ask Youngbae needing to get my mind of Minji and how she must be right now, I need distracting so that my body doesn't move and make its way to Minji’s apartment to see if she's alright and to also beg for forgiveness.

 

Youngabe just nods his head with a small smile on his face “We’re good, I’m just trying to get her to move in with me at the moment.” I nod my head as I look down at my hands. Even though Chae’s my cousin and Youngbaes my brother, the only relation they have is through me as both Youngbae, Jiyong and I have different moms but the same dad while Chae and I are related through my mom as both of our moms are sisters.

 

Youngbae & Jiyong (Same dad different mom’s) - Me - Chae (Our moms are sisters)

 

The table gets quiet with me not being able to look at any one of them in the eyes.

 

I hear Jiyong sighs before he speaks “Mino whats wrong?” 

 

I grab a napkin and start pulling it to pieces before I speak “I’m getting married.” I hear myself say emotionlessly. Theres a shocked silence before I hear congratulations being sent my way.

 

“Where’s Minzy? I guess I should call her to congratulate her, finally man, you finally asked the girl of your dreams to marry you, you little brat!” Jiyong says making me flinch as I tear my eyes away from the little pieces of napkin in front of me, which slightly resembles my heart at this very moment. I see Youngbae stay quiet while next to him, Jiyong blabbers excitedly.

 

“I’m not marrying Minzy hyung.” I say my voice coming out broken. I watch as J stops mid sentence while he stares at me in confusion. Youngbae nods as if this was what he thought was coming but stays quiet as they both wait for me to carry on.

 

“What?” J asks as if he didn't hear me clearly and a little bit impatiently as I was was trying to find the right words to say to them, to explain what happened.

 

“I’m not marrying Minji,” I repeat softly wanting to take back the words that had come out of my mouth. Oh how I wish this was just some nightmare that I could just wake up from.

 

“Huh? You and Minzy are soul mates, how did this happen? Do you know the mistake your going to go through? Marrying someone other than Minji who loves you more than she loves herself? Please don’t tell me your getting married to her,” Jiyong asks in disbelief and a little bit of disappointment. I nod my head as I grit my teeth so that I don’t scream out in pain at his words.

 

“I know hung, don't you think I know? Don’t you think I know that the girl I love with my whole being is not the one I’m going to be marrying? The one girl who I knew straight away when I met her all those years ago, that she would forever be mine? That she was the girl that would be my wife one day? That would wear the ring on her fourth finger? That the girl who I’ve always looked at…that the only girl who I’ve ever loved isn’t going to be the one I see walk down the isle towards me? That I fu*ked it all up that one night I let her go long enough to screw up and get someone, who I don't even love, pregnant, where it’s supposed to be Minji that has my baby growing in her…that the same girl is probably crying her heart out in her apartment while I sit here trying to ignore all my instincts and mind yelling at me to get up and run to her house so that I can tell her that I love her and that she was supposed to be the one to have my ring on her finger!” I stop as my breathing starts to come out in angry huffs as I tear my eyes away from the sad looks the two were sending me. I glare out the window so that I don't start crying in the middle of the busy cafe where I just want to be left alone.

 
 

Few months later….

 

 

Minzy’s P.O.V.

 

I close my eyes as I move from one side of the room to another as if my body is weightless. Dancing has been my escape for a long time, my playground since I was a young child, and the medicine to my pain.

 

“Minzy!” I spin around to see Chae standing at the door of the practice room an amused smile on her face telling me that she had been calling me for a while.

 

“Sorry unni I was in my own world again, whats up?” I ask as I move over to the speakers so that I can stop the music. I turn around to see the smile on Chae’s face has gone from natural to strained in a heartbeat meaning only one thing. Mino’s wedding. I smile softly to myself as the girls have been trying to protect me from being involved in the wedding, which to tell you the truth has been pretty hard and tiring for not only myself but them as well, since Chae was asked to be a bridesmaid and Bom was asked to sing, which left them both involved with the whole thing.

 

“Never mind, I’ll pack up and then we can leave but I have to stop off at my office first.” I say as I pack up. I move around the room packing my bag and grabbing my hoodie so that I can wrap it around my waist since I was still warm from dancing plus I’ll have to put it on over the sports bra I was currently wearing since I cant walk around the city like this.

 

“Minji we are going to go eat so I came to pick you up since I already have your outfit ready I just need you to go shower and everything.” I nod ignoring that she hadn’t said the reason behind why we were going to eat in the first place. I quickly close the practice room door and jog to my office since I need to check if I have everything I need before I head out or else I’ll be making my way back here in the middle of the night which I wouldn't like to do.

 

I look at the phone on my desk to see that a red light is flashing which mean that I have a message waiting for me on the answering machine. I sigh since I have to listen to it before I go as it could be important, and as the owner of the dance academy it’d be wrong of me to ignore it until tomorrow morning. I carefully put the phone to my ear and listen with a pad of paper in front of me ready for what was going to be spoken.

 

“Hey Minzy, it’s Lay from EXO Entertainment and I would like for you call me back once you are free, as I would like to work with you on a few projects that I have lined up which I think will interest you. Contact me on XXX-XXX-XXX, I look forward to your call.” I put the phone down before sitting down in my chair my mind going haywire at the sudden call from EXO Entertainment, one of the most influential entertainment companies in the country when it comes down to the entertainment industries. This is a company that produces a lot of good singers and music as well as a lot of beautiful actors and actresses that are around today as they strive for the very best.

 

“Minzy? Are you ok?” Chae's voice asks making me come out of my deep thoughts making me realise that I was staring at the number I had quickly jotted down. I quickly stand up to face Chae with a smile on my face as I shove the note into my pocket hoping that she didn't notice the paper.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine I just had some messages to listen to but I finished them all, lets go before we get in trouble since we cant be late for dinner since you are one of the bridesmaids and that wouldn't be good,” I say as I grab my bag out of Chae's hand once I'm done locking everything up.

 

 

Dinner

 

 

I stare at my plate my mind thinking about calling Lay back. I feel someone jab my side softly trying to get my attention knowing that it’s Dara who had come and sat with me since Chae was at the front while Bom was busy so she couldn't make it. I look at her with a small smile on my face trying to show her that I’m ok which she just rolls her eyes at my attempt.

 

“Minzy, whats wrong? Don’t lie to me since I’ve watched you for the past half an hour play with your food more than actually eat it. So just tell me now or else I'm marching right up to Chaerin just to tell her your not feeling well.” Dara whispers threateningly so she doesn't gain the attention of the people who are seated around us on the same table. I slump in my chair at her threat which she no doubt would actually do.

 

“I got a call from an entertainment company asking me to call them back as they had work that I might be interested in,” I whisper after a long time of contemplating wether I should tell her or not but my need to tell someone, anyone really won out since my minds been in shambles since Chae and I had left the dance studio. I watch as Dara’s eyes widen in surprise and something else I can’t explain.

 

“Which company?” She asks softly making me look down briefly to see that my hands are clasped tightly on my lap, before looking up to see a look of worry plastered on her face.

 

“E.X.O.” I sigh as I look around the room in hopes of avoiding looking at Dara reaction. I look around the room to see that everyone is talking happily with one another. As my eyes rove over the people who are here to celebrate the soon to be married couple, my eyes decide to rest on the table where the happy couple and their bridesmaids and groomsmen are sitting. I look over the faces with a small smile on my face, as I see Chae sitting in her seat with her own small smile placed on her face as she talks to her boyfriend Taeyang, before moving over the faces that I barely know, before coming to rest on the happy couple themselves. I watch as the bride laughs and smiles brightly at the girl next to her (who I assume is her maid of honour) with happiness that simply can not be contained. My happy smile dims a little as I move to stare at the man next to her, where my traitorous heart starts skipping a beat telling me what I already know and try to ignore and hide, that the love I have for him love is still deep. I feel my smile drop slowly as my eyes meet the eyes of the man I am still in love with. I don't know how long we sit and just stare at each other as the both of us sit on the opposite sides of the room, something I know was done by Chae in hopes of keeping me out of his line of sight and vice versa. I watch as a vary of emotions play in his eyes which I know he’s seeing depicted in my own.

 

I look away as I feel a soft jab come from my ribs, knowing it’s Dara who must have noticed my little staring match with Mino. I look at her gratefully since I don't know if I was strong enough to look away on my own, I see sorrow cross her eyes before determination takes root in its place. I my head to the side wondering what she was thinking before she speaks up.

 

“Minzy pack your things we’re leaving.” She says making me frown at her in confusion yet I do as she says. We both get up with me following behind her, like a child follows their mother, towards the front table in which sits the man I just was staring at just a few moments ago. Dara walks slowly so that we are walking at the same pace.

 

“Minji, don’t react just nod your head to whatever I say, ok?” I nod in reply as we stand in front of the celebrants table. I smile shyly as they all focus their attention on us.

 

“Hey sorry for interrupting but we have to head off,” Dara says next to me with regret laced through her voice, I just nod with what I hope to have a sad look plastered on my face.

 

Laney stands up, a look of surprise and sadness on her face “What why?”

 

“Minzy just got a phone call from an old friend and he’s asked to meet up with her since he’s only here for a short period of time,” I notice Taeyang, Chae, Jiyong and Mino all shoot me a surprised look as Dara says he. I blush once everyone on the table looks at me.

 

"I guess thats a good enough reason, have fun," She says as she comes to give Dara and I a hug before we leave this nightmare behind.

 

 

The next night:

 


Why does love have to hurt this badly? I think as I look up at the stars with my head resting on Chaes shoulder. She had come over the night before, as she probably heard from Dara after we left the dinner, that she had just dropped me off home and left since I used the ‘I’m tired’ excuse.

 

“I guess Dara told you about the offer I received?” I whisper into the still night, knowing that whatever needed to be said would be said, right here and right now.

 

“Yeah, what are you going to do?” She asks as we stare up at the sky without actually seeing anything, as our minds we’re far far away.

 

“I-I don't know,” I whisper knowing that when the words left my lips that I was lying.

 

“You don't need to lie to me, I’ll always have your back no matter what you decide,” She says before we both go silent, as our thoughts start to over take our head.

 

~~(~)~~

 

 

I lay in my bed as I cant sleep knowing that I had made a decision yet was to scared to say it out loud as it would make it even more real. My eyes automatically close as I start to think of the things that need to done tomorrow, starting with calling Lay back.

 

 

~~(~)~~

 

 

I stare at myself in the mirror knowing that today would be the day where I start to set things in motion as I’ve made up my mind. I’ve taken Lay up on his offer and have already started to pack up the things I would need before I leave.  It’ll be a good change for me as I know that if I stay here any longer I’ll break even more than I already have. I’ve already booked my flights so I know that their is no turning back for me. All I need to do is box everything up in my apartment and then send everything that I’m taking with me to my new place in Korea. I sigh as I sit down on my bed since I also have one more task to do, which is to break the news to the girls since I can’t leave the country without telling them. I think about how they will react before shaking the thought away as I know I’ll end up getting worked up which won’t help anyone, especially myself. My mind wonders to Mino, where my thoughts fight over whether I should tell him that I’m leaving or not, as I know on the off chance that he asks me to stay, I would. I think of the day that I plan to leave, which is only in a few days which gives me a little amount of time to get things sorted.

 

I pick my phone up from next to me before calling the people that are the most important to me in the entire world.

 

“Hey Chae we need to meet up, can you call the other girls to tell them? Meet me at the normal place kay? An hour from now.” I say once she answers knowing that nows the time. I hang up before she can ask questions.

 

I look down at the coffee in my hands before looking up to stare at the three girls sitting in front of me, with two looking close to tears while the other one looks grim.

 

“I’m not dying so please don't look like that, you may not see me as much as you usually would, but I will always come back to visit and you can come to visit me too, my door will always be open.” I say while smiling as I all three nod their head.

 

“When do you leave?” Dara asks,

 

“I leave in exactly a weeks time,” I say as I watch the girls eyes go wide in realisation.

 

“That Mino’s wedding day! I can’t see you off because I’m in the the damn wedding! You did this on purpose didn't you!” Chae shouts making me look at her in shock as she never yells.

 

“I will be going to the wedding for only a short time so at least we get to see each other before I leave.” I say as I try to calm Chae down from her yelling.

Bom shakes her head sadly “You didn't want us to make a big commotion about you leaving did you?” She says softly  making me nod my head.

 

“If you guys are there then it would be extra hard for me to leave and I cant be crying my eyes out all the way to Korea now can I?” I joke or well try too. The girls are still silent which starts to bring tears to my eyes. “I know this is hard but I have to do this. If I ever want to be happy again then I have to remove myself from the place where memories of those times are everywhere I look. How can I move and grow if I’m held back by bittersweet memories?” I whisper softly.

 

 

~~(~)~~

 

 

The days that I had left were hectic as I had to pack and send things over to Korea where I would be staying with my sister, while I got settled in with E.X.O. and my new job. I had given Taeyang my dance academy to look after while I was away. I would have signed him everything but he said that he would look over it until I was ready to come back and look after it once again. Chae, Bom and Dara were always with me as the days passed quickly, saying that they had to make up for the days that they wouldn't be seeing me. I sigh as I come back to reality where I’m standing outside the chapel where I would be saying goodbye to all those that I love.

 

 

~~(~)~~

 

 

I look at the door that separates me from the man that I love. That I will forever love. I sigh softly before knocking on the door, to hear a soft ‘come in’. I turn around quickly once I step in so that I’m facing the door as I close it as I don't know how I’ll react once I turn around to see Mino standing before me in a tux waiting to be married to another woman. 

 

“Minzy…” I hear Mino utter softly. I brace myself mentally and emotionally before I turn around to see Mino for what may be the last times I ever see him and I die a little inside. I paste a smile on my face as I look at his slicked back hair that is tastefully done, with a simple white collared shirt with black suspenders and nice black pants.

 

“I came to see you before you say your I do’s.” I say with a small smile. I see that his bow tie is hanging un-done around his neck. I step towards him so that I can tie it for him, knowing that this is something that I will remember forever. We stay silent as I softly and slowly work the bow tie into the proper place, and for the first time since I found out that he was getting married, I felt at peace. I smooth out his bow before taking step back, the whole time Mino watching me. I take a shuddering breath before looking around the room he was in, a small smile on my face as I remember the many times we had hid in here as kids. The silence between us lengthens as I lock gazes with him again knowing that this time I wasn't going to look away.

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispers making me blink at the first words he had spoken in the still air that had settled between us.

 

“You have nothing to be sorry about,” I whisper with a small smile playing on my lips knowing that this was the right decision as its making it a lot easier in letting go.

 

I pull his head down softly just as I tippy toe to touch my lips with his, knowing that this was my goodbye. Before we can go any further than that I step away from him and towards the door. He’s still in shock as he watches me

 

“You know that saying, ‘If you love something so much let it go, and if it comes back to you then it was meant to be.’ Well lets see what fate has in store for us.” I say as I open the door with a genuine smile on my face "Be happy," I whisper before closing the door behind me. I walk towards the entrance of the chapel with a lighter heart than I had entered with, knowing that I would be fine.

 
 

 


Well this fanfic is FINALLY finished. You dont know how hard this one was to do. I would start it then stop because I was at a loss as to how I would carry on. It was supposed to be short (it also has so many versions of how it could have gone but this won out soooo...lol) but eh I'm kinda happy with how this turned out. I ended this fanfic like this because I didnt know if Mino would get married after his and Minzy convo/good bye so I just wanted you guys to come to your own conclusion....? I hope you liked and once again thanks for reading :D