x

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin chuckled as he watched Sehun walk through the living room, his hands full with bags of food and snacks Sehun insisted on buying to stock up at home, replacing the instant ramen collection. Sehun had brought him through the market, buying anything he found that Jongin liked and forced them on him – Jongin really felt how Sehun was trying his best to keep his mood up after the surgery, and he appreciated it more than anything. He loved how Sehun was trying hard for him, but at times it led to him feeling guilty as he couldn’t help but think of the fact that he really wished to dance soon – at times his despair made him lose it and he was afraid that if such a situation arose again, he’d flare up at Sehun. If that happened, he knew he wouldn’t be able to face himself.

“What’s the baby thinking of~” Sehun teased as he sat down on the floor and opened one of the packets and poured them into a pink plastic container which he had set on the table.

“Thinking of how much you remind me of a mum.”

“Are you saying I’m naggy too?” Sehun picked the wrapper up and crumpled it into a paper ball as he lifted it above his head as though getting ready to throw it at Jongin as he paused for suspense and simply flipped it over so that it landed again on his lap, “No attacks for the dear child.”

“Yes mum.” Jongin chuckled as the word rang through his head, bringing flashbacks of the scene where his father came to the hospital, spewing insults at a high speed as his mother stood beside him helplessly pulling on his arm – it was pathetic, seeing how weak she was. She used to be the kind of strong independent lady years back when he left the country. She was always reigning over his father, and even the company was under her name. She was the most capable lady he had ever met and that was the sole reason why he respected her. But the beginning of his father’s relationship with alcohol and affairs, she sank into despair – her marriage and family became her sole priority. Jongin found it funny at times, how his father didn’t seem to have much of a heart. He was a typical typhoon, the ones which had a perfect spick and span clean reputation in the field and in front of the media he would of course, speak of how closely knit their family was. Yet behind the scenes, he went for flings every night, he drank alcohol to the extent that the entire house stank of his disgusting stench, and he did nothing but bark at the two of them, reducing them to dust entirely. It was stupid honestly, how the one who did all the wrong pushed it onto the innocent parties and got away with it as though he had become king overnight.

“I kind of worry about my mum actually.” Jongin murmured as Sehun looked up from the array of biscuits in the colourful plastic containers on the table. He sighed and pushed himself back up to move to the sofa.

“Tell me about it.”

“I don’t know. She’s just so helpless and tired that she can’t probably do anything to fend for herself; especially with the fact that she’ll be alone with that bastard. I don’t know.” Jongin had placed emphasis on bastard, his voice close to a hiss as his eyes darkened. He began to clench his fist as he felt Sehun’s warm hands wrap around his wrist. Jongin turned to see Sehun look at him with concern as he smirked gently in respon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter