Ice coffee

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: hahahahaha oh man. this was half crazy angst half fluffy but idk so I made suho a very professional and motherly doctor! you can look forward to seeing more of him C: once again thanks for reading this fic ahhhhh

Jongin sat silently in his apartment slumped against the sofa. Sehun had left earlier for a job interview. He had decided that slouching about at home for the entire day wouldn’t do him good and applied for a job as a barista in a small homely café. Jongin sighed as he flipped his phone open and searched for the familiar number. His hands trembled a little as he pressed the dial button.

“Dr. Kim? It’s Jongin. I think I’ll need to come down to discuss the surgery with you.”

“You’ve finally made up your mind?” The man on the other end of the line spoke slightly worried.

“Yes. I’ll come down when you’re free to have an appointment.”

“If its as soon as possible, later at 3pm. I’ve got no appointments then.”

“Thank you.” Jongin stammered as he placed the phone on the floor beside him. He shut his eyes as he fell into light slumber, his hair ruffled and messy by then. He awoke to the sound of his main door opening. He had given Sehun the keys to his apartment the day before after they came back from the café in case his aches came back in the period before his surgery lest he fainted or didn’t have sufficient energy to make it to the door. He trusted Sehun and he knew that for this period he might become some sort of a burden. He looked up weakly as he heard Sehun walking into the room with the scent of coffee lingering in the air. He held a plastic bag in his hand as he walked into the room hastily and squatted by him.

“Feeling better today?” Sehun ruffled his hair and smiled at him as he placed the plastic bag on the table, “I got some food…In case you felt like it.”

Jongin appreciated it as he smiled back and nodded, “Thanks. How was your interview?”

“Fine I guess? They aren’t telling us the outcome until a later date. They seemed kind of satisfied with the coffee I made so I’m hoping for the best.” Sehun adjusted himself to sit beside Jongin as he reached out for his hand and held his hand tightly between his two hands, playing with them slightly. He wanted to find a way to make Jongin feel better, yet the mood prevailed. Jongin seemed slightly better today though.

“Mm hopefully you’ll get it~ You probably can~” Jongin smiled and pat his head a little as he bit his lip, seemingly hesitating and thinking twice before he continued to speak. Sehun looked over at him with worry and nodded as though telling him that if there was anything he wished to say he could do it. Jongin took a deep breath and told him about the appointment he had made with the doctor to which Sehun nodded quietly. It was 1 and it was time for him to leave.

“Would you like me to accompany you?” Sehun held onto his wrists as he stood up. Jongin smiled and nodded as he walked towards the room. Sehun sat on the sofa and sighed. Ever since the incidents yesterday Jongin had been out of sorts, his eyes plagued with more fatigue than he had ever noticed, his back lifeless and slouching slightly. He no longer had the radiant smile or the smothering charisma, these aspects replaced with his gloomy dejected self. He knew he could not blame him for this given that the decision wasn’t one that had ever wished to make. He just hoped that through the surgery he would get through safely and recover in due time – perhaps by then he would be himself again, the same boy he had fallen in love with back then. He smiled as Jongin emerged in a black button up shirt and a pair of bermudas. They left the house together and waited for the lift. Silently, Jongin inched closer and placed his head on Sehun’s shoulder while he wrapped his arms around Sehun’s arm, “Thanks for being here for me.” His voice was close to a whisper. Sehun nodded and leant over to rest his head on Jongin’s head.

“It’s what I should do.” He smiled tugged on Jongin’s arm, “The lift’s here.”

-

The bus ride to the hospital had been especially quiet with Jongin sleeping on Sehun’s shoulder. The entire thought of needing surgery must’ve made him especially tired as he began to grow weaker. Sehun sighed as he held Jongin close and looked out of the window while people walked past busily on the street. He wondered why the pain and agony had to fall on his precious body – he had things to prove, he had to prove that he was outstanding. He sighed a little and recalled the times when he felt upset that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter