Camaraderie

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Together the three of them walked towards a café down the street as Sehun lagged behind silently, noticing that Yifan constantly turned to look at him subtly before looking down as though thinking before returning to his conversation with Jongin. Sehun sighed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets, it had been really long. Standing behind him he felt close to no tension, an entirely different situation when compared to what he imagined their meeting would be like. The uncertainty and reminders of pain did not come, neither did the urge to slap him and interrogate him about his reasons for leaving back then arise. He felt calm, and simply wondered about what sort of connection he had to Jongin. The three of them entered the café as Yifan left the table to place orders. Sighing and leaning on Jongin’s shoulder, Sehun closed his eyes.

“You alright?” Jongin gently his cheeks as he looked at Sehun with worry. He seemed tired since awhile back on the streets, was he not feeling well?

“Yeah I’m just tired.” Sehun smiled to reassure him as he dug deeper into Jongin’s neck and found himself burying his face in Jongin as though he was a small child. For some reason he felt like if he did not remind himself about everything that was going on with Jongin he might slip back into missing the old days now that he sat before Yifan. He kept his arms strung across Jongin’s chest and Jongin chuckled before turning over to kiss him lightly on the forehead.

“If you’re tired then sleep.” Sehun nodded as he closed his eyes – he really didn’t wish to see Yifan again. Quietly reaching out for Jongin’s hand, he grabbed it as he intertwined his fingers with his and held it close. Pretty quickly he heard the sound of a tray being set on the table as cups were placed on the table. He heard the chair opposite to them shifting slightly followed by the sound of someone relaxing in his seat; the same way he had always done so before. He had the habit of heaving as he sat down as though he had been standing for hours. He would then shuffle himself a bit and adjust himself into a comfortable position before letting out a shy smile and picking up the coffee on the table – he loved Arabica, and he hated having coffee with sugar. Sehun sighed at how clear his memory had been – he couldn’t forget these things which had become second nature to him over the course of six years. 

“Is he alright?” Sehun heard Yifan’s dulcet voice once again, a tinge of concern – similar to when they were still close.

“Yeah. He said he’s just tired so – he’s always like that.” Jongin laughed a little as he pat Sehun’s head lightly. Yifan nodded as he sipped from his coffee cup, he was indeed like that.

“Rei you know what, tell me when the pizza comes. I’m going to sleep for a little while.” Sehun sighed as he took his cap off his head and placed it beside him as he rest his head on Rei’s outstretched arm. He pulled on it slightly with his hands as he smiled and adjusted his head before falling asleep before Rei could even react. He chuckled at the sight of him curling himself up to sleep like a small kid. Ruffling his hair slightly, he smiled.

“Pizza’s here, sleepyhead.” Rei poked Sehun’s forehead as his eyes opened slowly.

“But I’m still sleepy…” Sehun pouted and turned back to sleep before he was stopped by Rei. Rei had reached out to pull his chin over as he dumped a bite of pizza in.

“Eat. Then we can go home and sleep, okay?” Rei watched as Sehun chewed silently with an eye smile.

Sehun kept his eyes closed throughout the conversation as he listened closely to the things they spoke about and he understood the situation immediately. He had left back then without a word on an airplane with the destination being Canada. His parents had decided that they would’ve preferred him going overseas to get more exposure and perhaps get a more normal and socially accepted love life – he paused; he knew that his parents never approved of Sehun. Even though Sehun was a pleasant boy, they were never quite satisfied with the fact that their son had gotten close to a guy instead of a girl. They were more traditional perhaps, he didn’t quite know. He still recalled the first time he broke the news to his parents – their fervent stares, the boiling tension, and their distinct disappointment in their eyes. It was just weeks after that they made the decision. After staying silent for a few moments, he continued to reveal that similarly, Jongin had gone to the same college for a few months for a dance course. They met each other during one of their lunch breaks where Jongin’s back problems had acted up and required help. Perhaps it was then when he saw his yellowing shirt along with a solid pearl tie hanging loosely along with the dark shade of amethyst around his thin wrist that he rushed over to help him to the sick bay. Eventually they got close, and became best of friends before Jongin’s exchange programme ended and he had to return to Seoul. He remembered Yifan promising to return to Seoul one day to meet him again, given that he would be glad to pay a visit to his hometown – he had returned to Seoul two nights before and spent some time pondering over how he would contact Jongin when he met them down the streets. By then, Sehun had gotten to sitting up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter