Trust

Dreamcatchers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun walked out of the room as he scratched his head as he closed the door behind him and walked towards the end of the corridor as he saw Jongin’s mother standing with her arms crossed. She was dressed in a grey blouse over her flowy black chiffon long skirt as she stood there, a crystal pendant shining under the light. Her features were clean and sharp like Jongin, especially her eyes. She seemed friendly, a warm smile on her face as she approached Sehun as he bowed.

“Your name is…?” She asked as she nodded for him to get up.

“I’m Oh Sehun.” 

“That’s a pleasant name. If you would follow me, we can have a talk downstairs.” 

Sehun nodded as he followed behind her as he glanced into the room to watch Jongin sleeping soundly. They reached a café at the ground floor as she ordered two coffees as they sat at the table next to the window, the water feature of the hospital right outside. The sound of water rushing past concrete rang through the tranquil setting as Sehun shuffled awkwardly in his seat. He didn’t quite know what so say, neither did he know how to handle a talk with Jongin’s mother – it was somewhat stressful; they sat in silence before she looked up and spoke.

“Don’t get upset or anything but I’ll be asking you some questions without holding back – afterall Jongin’s my only son so I tend to get worked up about things…if its alright with you?” She spoke as Sehun smiled gently and nodded. She grinned as she nodded, “Okay. How’re the two of you related?”
“Well. Close friends?” Sehun smiled awkwardly, a little uncertain about how he should reply.

“I can see you care about him a lot; you two might be a little more but its alright. I’m an open-minded old lady so it’s the least of my concerns. Though, if you two plan to go further then his father will be a huge difficulty. But that aside, how’s his injury?” She chuckled a little as she went along. Sehun could sense that she was in fact a friendly lady.

“He’s been dancing a lot and he refused to give himself time to recover before he went back to dancing. The injury got aggravated so the need for surgery became inevitable.” 

“Sigh. He’s always been like this. I understand the need for him to dance. He never really had something he loved since he was young.” She sighed as her eyes scanned the room, “I’ll tell you this because it’ll be important if you spend time with him, and you seem like a pleasant boy. Our family hasn’t really been united for some time. He never got along with his father at home because he always expected Jongin to take over his company when he grew up so he always wished for him to study the things he wanted him to, and do everything he wanted him to. But it seemed that Jongin…he had different plans for his own life. Since young he made plans for himself…he’s always been a strong independent child and loved dancing since young.” 

“I see…He’s practically inseperable from his dance studio. It was hard to stop him for the past two weeks.” Sehun nodded.

“It’ll be a long six months ahead, I trust you to take care of him.” She paused as the waiter came and placed their coffee on the table, “Well but his father never quite understood why he loved dance because there was always a stereotype that dance was for girls. You know that right, but that’s not the point. So well, basically he wanted him to do what he wished to but this boy, he never wanted to give in so we decided that perhaps sending him overseas would work but it didn’t seem like it. His father got really upset when we found out about the surgery and rushed over immediately so he could’ve said things that hurt him…”

“I see.” Sehun nodded a little, “Jongin did seem a little affected earlier.”

“Yes. He wanted Jongin to leave along with us once he got well enough to be discharged but personally I thought it’d end up with them arguing constantly. I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter