Chapter 8 Love Style

Don't Touch My Girl

Chapter 8 Love Style

"What a crowd..." Donghyun once again looked at the screen monitor showing the concert venue. He's the first one to finish his make up and uniform. The others are still sitting on the make up chair getting ready. It's their much awaited comeback in Korea and everyone should look their best.

Luna is walking back and forth inside the dressing room. She's more nervous than the group who will perform. If the concert fails she will lose her job.

"Again, instead of 5 songs straight, you'll just perform 3 songs then everyone will go backstage, lights off, then solo number starts so Kwangmin can have enough rest. He won't need stamina boost injection." She reminded them for the millionth time. The boys rolled their eyes and laughed at her. They know how nervous she is and seeing her like this is really aegyo (cute).

"Luna... Relax... We already know." Jeongmin who just finished his make up stood and held Luna on her shoulders, lead her to the sofa and made her seat.

Just when she's about to speak, someone knocked on the door before opening it. A young lady in white came in carrying a medical kit.

"Annyeong haseyo... I'm Shanz. I'm here for the boys' medicine." She said in a very nice voice. Everyone looked at her and fell silent for a few seconds before someone finally snapped back to reality and asked what happened to the nurse who usually is in charge.

"Apparently, nurse Eun is not available. She's my senior and she told me to take charge... Shall I set this now?" She asked and raised the medical kit.

Luna assisted her. Donghyun and Jeongmin got their dose first followed by Minwoo, then Hyunseong and finally, Youngmin. When it's Kwangmin's turn, Luna explained their plan.

"But his stamina won't last without this." Shanz who is unaware of this plan, insisted. She wanted to follow the exact orders given to her, 6 vials, 1 for each member.

"Okay let's just give him a dose if he became too tired but as of now, keep this." Luna took the vial and put it in her pocket. Shanz didn't argue anymore.

After a few seconds, the organizers told them to get ready for in a few minutes, the concert will start.

Boyfriend members lined up near the exit fixing their wireless microphones on their neck. Luna, being the ever so caring assistant, took a final check on them one by one.

"Don't forget to take selcas with the fans ok...?" She told Donghyun. They need for their official website.

"Avoid fixing your hair once on stage. It'll ruin your dance. You're still good looking even with messy hair." She turned to Jeongmin who is actually fixing his hair again. He's doing it instinctively like a mannerism.

"When you think you can't reach the high notes, I already told you how to avoid such situation...but I know you can reach the highest notes on any songs." She cheered while helping him clip the mic on his collar.

"Send the fans lots of hearts, aegyo representative." She winked at Minwoo who shyly smiled and looked down like a little boy who just saw his crush.

"Youngmin... Please focus.. Whatever is it you're not telling me brush it off your mind for the mean time...." She asked as if pleading for her life. For the past weeks of practicing he's the most distracted because of those unexplained rendezvous and meal-skipping he'd done.

"I won't screw up. I swear." He assured her.

"...and Kwangmin.." She faced the last guy on the line who is quiet ever since they woke up today. Kwangmin is still checking his suit buttons purposely to relieve stress. He is muttering something like his rap but with unclear wordings.

"If you feel too tired and can't perform tell me immediately. We will give you a dose of stamina-booster..." She worriedly reminded. Kwangmin just gave her a nod, giving only half of his attention to her and half on memorizing his rap. He also started doing some awkward out-of-this-world movements with his hands that all of them understood to be his way of releasing tension when he's nervous.

"But I'm really worried you'll suffer from the side effects again.. You look better when exhausted rather than drugged." She added but still the 4D prince keeps on muttering under his breath.

"Okay this is it! We'll start now." One of the staffs informed them and the guys one by one marched out to meet their fans.

Feeling the shame of being ignored, she awkwardly looked down and reluctantly turned back but someone grabbed her arm after a few steps.

"Kamsahabnida." Kwangmin finally spoke. Luna turned to face him again but he quickly pulled her close and embraced her tightly.

She froze with his action. It took her a few seconds to even take everything in. Is Kwangmin hugging her?!

"eh..?" She's confused, she can't say anything. She doesn't know how to properly respond.

"G-gomenasai.." He freed her when he realized what he'd done. He even spoke in Japanese because of his 'adrenaline rush'. "I mean, sorry I'm just so nervous and your just too beautiful that's why I don't want to look at you.. Avoid distractions, remember?"

He smiled sheepishly and scratched his head a bit. With that, he turned away and leave Luna dumbfounded.

"Whew! Exactly, what happened to him?" She accidentally spoke aloud.

The make up artists and other staffs saw everything. They are smiling teasingly at each other while exchanging meaningful looks as Luna walked in and sat on the sofa again, joining nurse Shanz who is also trying not to show she's giggling on the previous 'scene'.

The show started with a very cheerful Japanese song entitled 'Start Up'. Even the staffs backstage are dancing with the beat.

Shanz and Luna is chatting about their jobs while waiting for the members to come backstage. Luna found out Shanz is a trainee nurse working on a private medical group that usually focuses on elite society. In a short time they became comfortable to each other, giving Luna the opportunity to convince her about the side effects of their formula on Kwangmin.

"We have a nurse? Doctor? Any assistant?" One of the back up dancers rushed into the dressing room all of a sudden.

Both Shanz and Luna stood up with shocked and curious look on their faces.

"Youngmin slipped and fell hard on the floor. I think he's badly injured...broken ankle." The guy explained.

The two ladies looked at each other then back to the guy then hurriedly ran out to get Youngmin. They could hear the screaming and shouting of fans who are worried and shocked at the accident.

On the VIP seat, Prexy is sitting comfortably beside a young lady who looks so much like Minwoo. She happened to be his younger sister Eun Bin.

Her ears hurt when Boyfriend members appeared on stage to start the show. Screaming fans all over the venue... Voices out loud, shouting their lungs and hearts out to express how they love the group.

Prexy who even practiced the way she would cheer them especially Youngmin, seemed to forgot all that she's been preparing for. She felt a different feeling now that she's seeng this overwhelming love from fans of Boyfriend.

"Youngmin!! Saranghae!" Shouted one of the fans near her. Prexy could only smile.

Boyfriend is singing Start Up, setting the environment warm with the message. All the while, she fixed her gaze at Youngmin, waiting for him to notice her. Of course he knew where she is because he is the one who chose her seat.

After the first song, she is disappointed. He didn't look at her....not a single glance. The next song came up, which is On & On, but still, Youngmin didn't look. All the members already noticed Prexy and even bowed simply at her to acknowledge her presence except Youngmin. He even seemed to avoid going near Prexy's side of stage... Is he avoiding her?

"Daebak! My favorite!" She snapped out f her reverie when Eun Bin snapped and clapped childishly when the next song started playing... My Avatar.

Seeing the. Perform the dance steps is really impressive but after Kwangmin's rap, something bad happened. Youngmin slipped when he's about to do the acrobatics part. Relying on each other's leg, everything collapsed, breaking Youngmin's left ankle.

Youngmin tried hard to stay cool but when he stood up and attempted to continue dancing like what a professional idol does, he finally felt how painful his left foot is.

"Aah!" He lost his composure and fell on the floor once more, holding his left leg, curling like a fetus, feeling the excruciating pain.

The other members noticed and stopped to help him. Kwangmin is most worried. He dashed towards his hyung and put his arm on his shoulder to support him in his attempt to stand up. The fans screamed. The guards and staffs quickly formed a defensive line to stop the fans who are rushing n stage to Youngmin's rescue. Some of the fans cried. It pains to see their bias injured and suffering. Other fans were blankly staring at the stage, too shocked to witness such unexpected incident.

Prexy worriedly ran up to help Youngmin was blocked by one of the guards.

"Wait, I-I know him..!" She couldn't even speak straight. Her kind is only thinking about Youngmin's condition.

"Of course you know him, you're a fan. Please everyone calm down. Please go back to your seat." The staffs shouted while blocking them.

"No! I mean...he knows me! Let me come to him please!" She insisted but the guards don't believe him since the other fans are also making their own excuses to get near.

"I swear! I'm his friend! He knows me personally! YOUNGMIN!!!" She called put, hoping one of them would at least notice her and confirm to the guards that she can come but to no avail. The group is also panicking and too focused on getting Youngmin out of the stage.

"I know what to do! I can help!" She again tried her luck.

"Please! Stop making up excuses. He'll be fine. Now go back t your seat!" The staff raised his voice. She got offended but she understood his situation also. It's hard to stop such crowd.

Feeling frustrated, she went back to her seat and looked at the idol group on stage. The noisy crowd.. The painful cry of Youngmin.. The thick line of crowd blocking her way to him.. She felt pity towards herself.. Suddenly, reality bites. She's Prexy. He's Youngmin. She's a fan. He's a star. He's out of reach. The special treatment she'd received from him might be only because of making up for her bestfriend Luna. That's all. After this cover-up, she will go back to her country.. Back to being 'the fan'.

"Hey... Are you okay Unni?" Eun Bin tapped her shoulders when she noticed tears are silently falling down Prexy's cheeks as she stared blankly on stage. She noticed that the group is gone. A very pretty young lady who is in a nurse uniform will be the one to aid Youngmin... She felt a pinch on her heart. A pretty girl, freely coming up to Youngmin... Why can't she be that girl?

"I'm going home..." She just said and took her purse. Like a zombie, she marched out of the venue, the noise slowly fading each step.

When she reached the streets, she finally let out her sobs that she is holding back a while ago. She wondered if Luna felt the same thing that night she called her when she got lost on the streets of this unfamiliar country. Suddenly realizing she's alone and helpless and away from her loved ones.

She was about to hail a cab when her phone started ringing. Reluctantly, she fished it out of her purse. It's Jeongmin.

"Hello." After arguing with herself to answer or not, she decided to receive the call. Maybe she could also tell them she went back to hotel coz she's not feeling well. Yeah, that is a convincing excuse. Or not.

"Youngmin here." She felt goosebumps when she heard his voice on the other line. He seemed whispering.

"I used Jeongmin's phone coz I can't find mine I think it's with Luna. They're outside so I took the chance to secretly call you." Youngmin explained as if reading Prexy's mind.

"Oh.." Is what she could only say.

"Hey are you crying?" He noticed her voice has changed. When she couldn't answer, he snapped victoriously. "I knew it! You're worried about me! Admit it!"

She heard him laughing on the other line. Feeling caught she tried to deny by sounding annoyed. "Excuse me! I know you'll be fine. It's not like you're shot straight to the heart. Besides, Luna's there I'm sure she won't let anything bad happen to any of you." She blabbered.

"Oh... I was hoping you're worried. I even faked a cry." He sounded hurt.

"What?! How could you still do that! Don't you know how worried I am! I almost fly towards stage just to check on you if not for the guards blocking my way!" And there slipped her tongue.

"Hahaha! I knew it! You're worried really! You don't want your prince to get hurt all right." He confidently said.

"Okay fine! I'm so worried!" She had no choice but to admit. Deep inside she's relieved to know he's okay now.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm fine. Please come back here. The show has just started!" He informed.

"Wait, how did you know I'm there? You don't even look at me ever since you appeared on stage! And when you got injured I called out but you still don't notice!" She started complaining like a child.

"I just don't want to get distracted that's why. But I asked Kwangmin to keep an eye on you instead." He reasoned out. So that's the reason Kwangmin is always on the side near to Prexy and Youngmin is always on the opposite.

"But I'm not doing anything! How would I be a distraction?" She defended.

"Well, you see, you're so beautiful. I don't wanna end up staring at you all the time coz it would be unfair to my fans." He smoothly said making Prexy blush.

"I think you got your head damaged when you slipped." She shyly said to keep the conversation light.

"Will you come back please? We need to surprise Luna, remember? Besides, I'm saving all my glances for you on our next song. I even practice winking!" He teased.

"What song?" She still keep her annoyed voice.

Youngmin coughed a few times then started singing instead of telling her the song title. "My lady, my lady I'm yours..."

"Ouch! My ears hurt. You have a terrible voice! Anyway, I'm going back now...FOR LUNA!" She pretended cool and ended the call.

She breathed deeply, wiped her tears off and smiled giggly before going back to the venue.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There, there...once Boyfriend members' partner is established I'll start revealing Luna's true identity... I mean the family she belongs to.

~ Author