Chapter 8

Bad Girl: Hawaiian Adventures

"Kris! I thought you died or something!" Pulled into a tight hug, Mirae smiled brightly as she felt nostalgia hit her. "While you are still out there, alone? I would never!" Laughing at his remark, Mirae pulled away to take a good look at him. He was the same, only even more handsome. As if time worked in reverse for him, he didn't seem any different, even for a year.

"You look brilliant." Hitting him playfully on the shoulder, Mirae felt nice. She felt the deja vu as she found herself thinking about last summer. Reminding herself that she hasn't thought about this in a while, a soft smile graced her lips as she recalled her last moments in Hawaii- dark and filled with tears.

"Heard you got engaged?"

Not far from the restaurant, Kai sighed as he stared at the documents in front of him. Another law suit, another greedy customer. Honestly, taking over the family business was an awful decision, most importantly, when he didn't take into an account the enormous group of people who were waiting for him to drop dead or fail, so they could fight each other for his place. He understood them, he was far from capable in doing what he did right now. Sure, he was doing okay with Hawaii, but somehow the addition of five more hotels to his care was a bit too much.

"Sir." His secretary knocked on the already opened door, calling out to him faintly, afraid not to disturb his work. Looking up, he shot a tired smile, nodding for her to come in. "Mr. Huang called, he said that he would be waiting for you in the new French restaurant across the street. Should I confirm?" Nodding in response, Kai chuckled softly as he imagined Tao waiting for him, with the idea of being late sounding even more pleasing. However, as the urge to get out as soon as he could from this hell hole grew bigger, Kai decided that it would be better if he would go earlier, where he could enjoy some time alone. Even if it was for fifteen minutes. Standing up, he put on his blazer and almost ran to the elevator. He was beyond happy to leave.

"Chef, the client for 13:00 is here." Looking towards the waitress in front of her, Mirae sighed and stood up. "Sorry, Kris... We can catch up next time?" Nodding, Kris stood up as well and gave her a quick hug. "I will call you." Winking at her, he waved as she disappeared in the kitchen. Sighing, Kris bit his lip, his grin still gracing his face. God, she was something.

"Is everything good? Is the table set?" Straightening her uniform for the millionth time, Mirae walked to the second hall of the restaurant, where she spotted the only occupied table. The client was facing the window, his back to her. Giving her best smile as she approached him, Mirae took a menu from the bar along the way, repeating the specials in her head. The restaurant was hectic, she could admit. But then again, she had to be thankful for a first week full of clients. Honestly, she never thought that it would go so well.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Kim! My name is Kang Mi-" As she locked gazes with Kai, Mirae found it impossible for her to go on. Seeing how he stood up suddenly, her only reaction came to be taking a step back, as her body automatically rejected the idea of him approaching her. "Mirae." He spoke out suddenly,  giving her chills as she recognized the same look in his eyes as the last time they saw each other. Why was he here? If a year ago, someone told her that this would be the question she would ask herself, immediately after seeing him, instead of her giving him the usual hug, she would have laughed.

But it was not funny. He was there, in front of her and she didn't want that. One year wasn't enough, she still wasn't over him. And to be honest, she doubted that she would ever be. But since she needed to prove him otherwise, Mirae tried to pull herself together. Flashing a smile for the second time, she opened the menu. "I am the chef of the restaurant. Our specials for today are-" She was interrupted by a pair of hands gripping her arms, causing her to drop the menu on the floor. Stunned, she looked at Kai, who stared back at her. "Please, Mirae." Feeling as her heart broke upon hearing his worried voice, Mirae broke the eye contact as her gaze hit the ground.

Kai furrowed his brows as he pulled her into an embrace. "I have been looking for you for a year! And you were here? Right under my nose? Why didn't you-" "Call?" He heard her mutter, realizing that she never hugged back. Pulling back, she looked at him, her gaze causing him to feel nervous. "Why would I?" The sudden change in the air around them was big, the tension rising by each second.

He let go of her this time. Trying to understand her words, Kai felt as her attitude was hurting him more by each second, as he compared it to her old self. Before, Mirae would give him nothing but sincere grins, whenever he saw her.  She would be anything but as what she is right now, in front of him. This broke his heart.

"I should go. I shouldn't be here." Muttering as if to herself, Mirae turned around and stormed out of the hall, leaving Kai standing alone.

"Send a waitress to the guest and reject any request for a meeting with him." Passing by the head waiter, Mirae walked to the second floor of the restaurant, locking herself in her office. Taking out her cell phone, she dialed a number quickly and pressed it to her ear, waiting for the other side to pick up. Sighing, Mirae tried to calm herself down, pushing away any thought that could be related to Kai.

"Hello?" As if all the weight has been thrown away from her, Mirae felt a tear roll down her cheek as she heard him speak. "Can you come?" Her voice shook, giving out the impression to the person  that something was not right.

After half an hour of waiting, Kai finally stood up, following her tracks. As soon as he got to the stairs, a waitress stood in his way, her apologetic smile hinting the incoming argument. "I need to see Mirae." "I am deeply sorry, but our chef will not meet with clients today." Furrowing his brows, Kai instantly looked up, before opening his mouth to speak.

"He is not just any client." Hearing a male voice behind him, Kai saw as the waitress suddenly bowed, muttering a quick greeting. "Manager Kim." Turning around in confusion, Kai came face to face with his brother, Sehun.

Sehun smiled. "Hello, brother."

---

This was the most I could squeeze out of my brain. Sorry guys, I can't really write recently... drama in school... bad people... aigoo, why is the world so cruel? 

Anyway, oooooh! What's gonna happen? Someone is engaged? Who? Who? :D We will see soon ;) OMG GUYS I MADE THIS BADASS POSTER! ISN'T IT BADASS????