Final Chapter

Bad Girl: Hawaiian Adventures

 

Upon opening the door, her gaze met his. As she caught herself gasping in surprise, Mirae took a fearful step back, a storm of questions running through her mind. And they were so many, so confusing, so full of hope. Why was he here? What did he want? She barely noticed the flowers in his hand, waiting to be given to her. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't, her heart pounded like crazy. Maybe, for a second even, Mirae hoped.

He didn't hurry to say something. Waiting for her to respond in any way, Kai stood on his place in the corridor where the only barrier between them was the door frame. He didn't want to rush anything, for he sensed that this may be their last meeting if things ended in an unfortunate way, and he surely didn't want that. She didn't hurry to tell him to leave either, maybe she sensed it as well. Maybe, he thought, maybe he could fix things.

For him, she was family. For her-true love. While he was fighting his feelings for her, ignoring every sign she gave him, she accepted her fate as being the main heroine in this one-sided drama. While he lived, for what he thought, happily with her sister, she distanced herself from them, only to make him happy. She did everything to make him happy, always. Maybe that was why it was so important for him to make her stay; She was the only one capable of giving him true happiness. She did it so easily, only a smile needed and he was hers.

He found it useless to blame himself, Sera or anyone else. He did it for a year now and it led him nowhere. Kai suffered a year in agony, regret and analysis of his bad decisions and he was tired. Tired of every decision he has that that led him here. However, even if Sera wasn't there, even if was another, would this have happened? 

She couldn't say she was better. Being used to running, self-blaming, drowning in self irony, Mirae didn't find a difference between the year she spent in 'recovery' and the five before that spent in running. She was basically doing the same-avoiding her problem, but this time lying to herself that he deserved it and she was getting better, she wasn't. She was in denial.

She was family.

He was a distant dream.

They were fools, who were desperately in need of each other, lying just to feel less guilty in front of themselves.

Their gazes stayed connected as the tension dropped. Regretting of breaking the comfort of silence, Kai cleared his throat, gaining her attention. He was ready to do this as it was now or never.

"I remember when you were born." A soft smile played on his lips. "I was two and this was my first memory." His grip on the flowers tightened. "I remember how I took you on your first day of elementary school, middle and high school." A sigh followed. "I remember the last time I saw you, before you disappeared for three years." He felt his heart beat fasten, while she just listened. She didn't even know why, but she listened. At first, she wanted to kick him out, but she guessed there would be no harm in listening. After all, what could he say to change her mind? He never intended to, he never would.

"And I remember how you appeared a year ago. How I embraced you, immediately questioning every choice I have taken up until then," He looked down. "Including in marrying your sister." He did not see her eyes widen in surprise, as he refused to face her after his speech. Kai felt ashamed of his self, even if he didn't know why.

"I remember how glad I felt that she cheated on me and it killed me. I remember how I spent the night in the hotel lobby, gathering the courage to face you. I remember how afraid I was. What if you left me? You were the only one who I wanted to talk to. What if you were gone?" A tear rolled down Mirae's cheek as she listened, her body feeling lighter and lighter by each second. She did not dare to move, afraid he would stop. "I remember how you gave up on me that morning a year ago." He didn't know how he had affected her through all her life. He had no idea.

"I remember every single night after you left, every single day. And a year later, seeing you with my brother..." He looked up, his expression as torn as hers. "It killed me inside, Mirae."

"Kai." She had no idea why or how, but she needed to stop him. Upon seeing his surprised face, she sighed. "Come in." Barely with a whisper, she invited him in. Following her inside, Kai closed the door behind him. Even though, she was still far, as her legs moved on their own, trying to keep the distance between them as long as possible, Kai felt the need to come closer.

"Mirae, please." He couldn't help as his voice cracked as in the end of his sentence, his body shook as well. Leaving the flowers on the chair near him, he walked forward, stopping in a short distance before her. He needed her and it was killing him. He had spent so many years in ignoring his feelings that suddenly, he was boiling. "I am so sorry for hurting you." Turning around, she faced him and Kai saw a mess. The difference between her expression a minute ago and now was drastic as she was covered in tears, barely keeping herself under control. He felt afraid, did he cause all of this?

She didn't say a thing and continued to sob in front of him, feeling more helpless and small by each second. She was so tired of all this, she was so tired of hurting. But then again, there was relief. He felt something for her and him admitting it, it was enough. He cared, that was what she wanted all along. She wanted to know him like this, she wanted to see him at his breaking point, she wanted him to trust her, to love her, to cherish her.

She cried louder as soon as she got pulled into his embrace, falling on the sofa behind them where she felt him hug her tighter, showing her that he wouldn't let go. Not this time, Kai though. Not anymore.

her hair and planting countless kissed on her head, Kai held her close to him until she calmed down. Seeing how much pain he had caused her, he felt the need to compensate her rising by each second. He knew he would never forgive himself for doing this for her and that he was willing to spend a lifetime in returning the favor. In that moment, Kai felt how much he loved her and how hard it was for him to ignore this until now. He loved her and he would be damned if he didn't show her how much.

"I will never leave you." Raising her chin with his thumb, Kai faced her. Smiling softly, he pressed his lips to her forehead in a soft kiss. "I love you." As soon as he said this, Kai couldn't help but chuckle as Mirae again found herself in tears. "I love you too." Sobbing, she snuggled closer to him, hugging him tighter.

"Who would have though?"Kai chuckled as he pulled Mirae closer to him. Laughing cheerfully, Mirae leaned her head on his shoulder as they watched how Kris spoke out his vows. Sighing, Sehun nudged him, receiving his brother and Mirae's attention. He chuckled. "I give them two years." Covering in horror, Mirae slapped his shoulder softly. "Ya! You can't say that!" She struggled not to laugh afraid that she would gain attention on her. Kai chuckled again, pushing his brother lightly. "Now, Sehun. We don't say this on weddings." Pausing for a sigh, Kai smirked. "We say it on the after party." Receiving a slap from Mirae as well, Kai fought a laugh as he directed his attention to the ceremony.

"What are you thinking about?" Handing her a glass of champagne, Kai placed his free hand around her, staring at the view ahead of them. "If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret." Chuckling softly, Mirae took a sip from her glass, continuing to stare at the ocean in front of her. Feeling how Kai placed his chin in the crook of her neck, she smiled softly, closing her eyes. Even after six months of them dating, she felt a tickling sensation each time she felt him breathe next to her ear. "I have a secret as well." He whispered, causing her to tremble beneath him. Laughing, Mirae glanced at him. "And what is it?"

Stepping back suddenly, Mirae felt as he tore away from her and as she turned around to face him, she met a playful smirk accompanied by a serious gaze. After making her wait for a few seconds, Kai narrowed his eyes. "I like this place. Nice atmosphere. We should come again."

Raising a brow, Mirae stared at him in confusion. "Kai, there are weddings here almost every day. What kind of vacation would we-" Sensing the urge for him to break his serious facade, Mirae gulped. "Kai..." She started, only for him to walk away from her. Chuckling in disbelief, she placed her hand on her hip. "Kai, what's on your mind?" "Aah, weddings are nice." Giving out a melodic whistle, Kai continued walking, ignoring his shocked girlfriend staring at him, with her jaw dropped. "Oppa! What are you talking about?!" Walking after him, she reached out to grab his hand in the process. Upon touching him, Kai turned around quickly and gave her a playful kiss.

Mirae glared at him, tugging his sleeve. "Oppa, I am not going to let you ruin another wedding!" Chuckling at her remark, Kai kissed her again. "Don't worry," her cheek, he smiled softly. "I would never risk in losing you."

Kai knew that what he was saying was true. But then again, he knew that he had no intention of returning the ring he had bought for her birthday two months from now. Nor the 101 roses, nor the surprise proposal. No, Kai had no intention in waiting, since two months were already enough hard for him.

The End.

I spent the whole evening in writing, trying to find the exact mood, music, blah blah... And I think it came out well. Did you like it guys? I know that not many of you were fans of Kai... but then again if she chose Sehun, Kris, Chen or whoever, I am not confident if I could write it as good as it should be. I may post drabbles after this with members you want... I am planning on doing one on Sehun and Mirae. Remember, it's a drabble/one shot. Who knows, it may be a back story of how they met? Anyway. "Bad Girl" is over! I loved this story as it was the first that was not so depressing, overly dramatic... do you guys think so? Did you like the story? I hope you did. You guys were the best commenters, seriously. I have never had so many readers commenting like that every time, after every chapter. I just love you! :D Thank you for supporting me! Thanks sooo much TT <3