Chapter 2

Bad Girl: Hawaiian Adventures

Five hours after departing, I found myself in deep depression as I started recollecting every single moment I had with Kai. Just like a crazy ex-girlfriend, with one thing missing: I was never his to begin with.

And now I am re-watching "The Notebook" and I still think that there would be a chance for us to be together. Should I kill my sister? Or make her cheat? Would this pass as a possible choice? Of course not, my sister is an angel.

 

I am not slightly envious, I am mad because of everything that has happened to her and not me. With number one being having him as her partner in life. I may face everything with irony and sarcasm, but secretly, I am dying inside.

I was lucky that the little devil of a toddler wasn't near me, but in the opposite end of the plane, making my trip less painful and nerve wrecking. I was lucky enough to have the seat next to me empty, which was unusual for a plane to Hawaii in the summer.

As the little kid started screaming again, I decided that it was enough for me and I could easily, guilt-free, close my eyes and enjoy the music on my player. I had five more hours of flight and I wasn't thinking on enduring them all, awake.

 

So like that, five hours and 23 minutes later, I was in front of the gates of the arrivals, trying to gather my courage to face my family and my crush, hoping that he wouldn't act all lovey dovey with her as always. Maybe that was why I last saw him two years ago, since I couldn't bare seeing him with her anymore. Not in that way.

Gulping, I sighed as I gathered my courage to walk out and face my destiny- being the laughing stock of the century. Looking around, I tried to find my mother's proud look and my sister's sneaky grin, failing in the end, meeting only a pair of friendly eyes.

 

My heart fluttered as I instantly recognized Kai 5 meters from me, holding a big bouquet of flowers, grinning like an idiot. Walking to him, I thanked the Lord for granting me my lifetime wish of having him just like that. As soon as we were in front of each other, he gripped the flowers in his hand and pulled me into a deep hug with the other one. I seriously wanted to cry. Out of happiness or sadness? I had no idea, maybe both. But still, I couldn't complain of the current situation.

 

"I haven't seen you in two years! Where have you been?!" He hugged me again and I felt my legs shaking, unable to stand straight. I just wanted someone to glue us together.

"I..." Gulping for the second time, I looked down. "Work." It wasn't a lie, I received a lifetime opportunity in receiving a year internship in one of the most prestigious restaurants in France. I found a job as an executive Chef immediately after in another prestigious restaurant in Seoul, "Claude Monet", maybe the only perfect thing for now.

"I should have visited you, who am I to seek for an answer?" he chuckled as he ruffled my hair. "Mirae-ah, sorry." He smiled softly as he looked into my eyes.

 

Oppa, I forgive you for everything.

 

"Are you alone? Didn't you meet the boys?" I raised my brow as he looked around. Boys? What boys? "They were on your flight, though..." He muttered and I couldn't help but wonder what he was talking about. Seconds after he searched with his eyes, he smiled and raised his hand, waving at someone.

 

I could only melt as I saw his smile again.

 

As I redirected my gaze in the direction in which he was looking at, I saw three men, walking towards us with a big grin on their faces. I recognized one of them, it was Chen.

 

"Guys, this is Kang Mirae, my fiancée's sister. Mirae, those are Baekhyun, Kris and-"

"Chen, we met earlier." Chen interrupted Kai and gave me a big grin. I could only wonder why the two men with him glared at him. A silent moment came, before it was ruined by Kai, who clapped his hands together. "Okay, we have to go. Did you get your stuff?" I nodded and so did the others. Grabbing my luggage, Kai led us to the parking, where he had parked his car. I felt extreme joy upon not seeing my annoying sister anywhere around.

 

"Mirae, you'd better sit in the front with me." I didn't wait long until I was comfortably  sitting on the passenger's sit, waiting for Kai to get in and start the car. After the boys loaded the luggage, they got in as well.

 

"Aigoo..." Kris sighed as he leaned his head on Kai's seat, staring at me. It was unnecessary to say that I felt extremely awkward. "Kai, you never said that you were hiding such a beauty as your sister in law..." At this point, I felt extremely uncomfortable as I could feel his dirty stare.

"Kris, keep your hormones to you." Chen growled, causing me to give a small smile in relief. "Is she my nuna?" I met gazes with Baekhyun from the rear mirror. He cracked a smirk and blinked fast. "I would love to have you as my nuna." He muttered and I could feel my face flushing.

 

"Guys, no hitting on my sister in law." Looking over at Kai after he spoke, I felt my heart breaking upon he calling me that. "Do I look older? Was that why you called me nuna?" I chuckled softly, looking at Baekhyun.

Blushing, he shook his head. "Kai told me you were five months older." I chuckled. "Don't call me nuna, then." He grinned and raised his brow. "Then you call me oppa!" I chuckled upon seeing Kris' fist landing on Baekhyun's head.

"You won't be the person whom she will call oppa, ." Muttering, he looked over at me, giving me a wink which scared the life out of me.

 

"Hang in there, Mirae..." Kai muttered as he kept his eyes on the road. "There are eight more, where are we going to." I honestly didn't know if he was joking or not.

"Why did I choose all 11 of you as my best men?" My eyes widened and I stared at him. "Did you say eleven best men?!"

He glanced at me and shrugged. "If you bothered to come to our anniversary, you would have met them." Trust me oppa, coming to your anniversary wouldn't have been a good decision.

 

"We are here." After twenty minutes of silence, Kai parked the car in front of his family's house. "Mirae... Something happened with your room and it's kind of flooded." Kai frowned as he opened the door for me. I chuckled. "Kind of?" Chuckling as well, he grabbed my luggage and locked the car. Fully ignoring the three boys, he led me towards  the beach. "The boys will be staying in a hotel nearby. I reserved a room for you as well, if you don't mind..." He looked at me, biting his lip.

I smiled. "I am perfectly fine with it."

 

I was, right?

 

We were interrupted as I was pulled into a big hug from a stranger I have never seen in my life. "I FOUND HER! I FOUND MY FUTURE!" I barely breathed in as he released me for a moment, before pulling me back into his arms.  

Kai sighed and ruffled his hair, while I was helplessly tossed around like a toy.

"Mirae... Meet Tao."

What have I gotten myself into?!

---

Garght. WHY DID I MAKE KAI HER SISTER'S BOYFRIEND?! Why didn't you stop me guys? :D 

Nothing is decided yet! Every single one could be the one, so please comment and tell me who would you'd love to see her end up with :D