Chapter 5

Bad Girl: Hawaiian Adventures

December, 2011

South Korea.

Kris sighed as he stared at the almost deserted bar. He was extremely tired, trying to maintain himself for an hour more, but somehow the sleepiness always went back to try and close his eyes. Needless to mention, he was dead drunk. It was five in the morning and Kai suddenly decided to meet a girl, who apparently was like a sister to him or something. Kris couldn't care less, he was dying to go home and sleep. However, the bastard left him and he was all alone.

He sighed. Kai forgot him already, didn't he? How could the birthday boy ditch him like that?

Kai smiled as the door in front of him opened. Seeing Mirae like that made him laugh, his eyes fixing on her pink pajamas, desperately trying to ignore her hair going all over the place. She was adorable.

"Are you drunk?" Mirae chuckled softly as she yawned. Leaning over to take a closer look at him, she caught the smell of alcohol, causing her stomach to sadden, resulting in her withdrawing back to her original place. A safe distance from the smell. "Oppa... Why are you here?"

June, 2014

Hawaii.

"Oppa, why are you here?"

Kai smiled as he faced her once the door opened.

Until five minutes ago, he was arguing with Se Ra downstairs for something that he couldn't even remember. She used to do things like that, but he tried to understand her, since everything was hectic right now. Both of them weren't themselves.

But somehow, before he knew, he found himself in front of Mirae's door and as his head was burning from tension, everything faded away once he met her eyes. That's how she worked on him, she calmed him down every time.

"Are you sleeping? You are still in your dress." He took a step forward as he caught a glimpse of someone in the room. Mirae blinked and turned around, pulling the door with her, revealing the whole room to him. "Chen is here. We were drinking wine."

Kai's eyes met with these of Chen, both of them creating a long pause before speaking.

Mirae found it strange. Just an hour ago, the two of them were happily chatting about random things, without even hearing themselves, while now, a weird atmosphere came upon them. She found them weird, but she thought it was something normal, since they were best friends. Why was there an awkward moment? Was there something wrong?

"Chen." Kai spoke, breaking the silence. Staring into his childhood friend's eyes, he cracked a smile. "Don't forget about tomorrow, both of you." Turning his gaze to Mirae, he grinned. "I will come and wake you up." Before she could react, Kai patted Mirae's head and walked away, closing the door behind him, leaving the two of them inside.

While Mirae was wondering what had happened, Chen growled. "Aigoo, it's always like that. Walking in suddenly and leaving in the middle of a conversation." Muttering something in the end, Chen chuckled. "I should be going now. It's late and you must be tired." Mirae nodded and patted Chen's back as he opened the door.

Letting out a soft laugh, Chen slightly turned around, giving her a cold stare. "Ya, don't seduce me like that. I might stay." As Mirae laughed, Chen chuckled and waved at her for goodbye, before closing the door.

Silence, it greeted Mirae softly, slowly taking over her body. Everything was silent. Somehow it reminded her of the way everything should have been.

Why him? Why was Kai the one that had her life revolving around? Why was she unable to fall in love with someone else? What was so special about him? She felt that he didn't let her be free, even if they last saw each other three years ago.

Mirae didn't even realize how she fell asleep with her clothes and ruined makeup. No, the makeup she used wasn't cheap for it to ruin so easily while she kept pressing her pillow to her face. It just wasn't waterproof.

 

"Mirae," She smiled as she snuggled closer to Kai, who was her hair. "Five more minutes, oppa." She muttered as she buried her head closer to his chest, feeling his warmth.

Wait, what?

Snapping her eyes open, Mirae nearly screamed as she saw her sister's fiancé in bed with her. "Aish, I finally got to wake you up." Kai chuckled as he yawned, completely ignoring Mirae's frightened stare. "I have been trying to wake you up for ten minutes now. Mirae, you shouldn't drag random men in bed! What if it wasn't your oppa, but...Kris?!"

"What the..." Mirae tried to speak, but gave up on her as she stared at him standing up. She was beyond confused.

"Come on, you have forty minutes. Get dressed." Walking to the door, Kai sighed. "Don't leave your door unlocked from now on!" Chuckling, he closed the door behind him, leaving Mirae in her freaked out state.

Leaning on the wall next to the door, Kai hid his face in his palms, trying to cover his grin. Even though he didn't want to say it, he was glad that she left her door unlocked. And he sure was happy that he woke up earlier just to come here and be the first one to greet her.

December, 2011

"I am serious about your sister, Mirae." Her eyes widened as her heart broke in little pieces. "What do you mean?" Trying not to stutter, Mirae asked, only to regret it immediately after the words escaped her lips.

Kai gulped. "If I proposed to Se Ra, would you give us your blessing?" Mirae's tears fell suddenly, causing Kai to sigh. Feeling pressure rising, Mirae softly nodded her head, feeling helpless. "I will. You have my blessing, oppa."

June, 2014

Hawaii.

Kai hoped that back then, three years ago, Mirae would say no.

 

A week passed and Kai and Mirae saw each other every day. Surprisingly for her, things went easier than she thought. Her seeing Kai wasn't that painful and actually the opposite. She talked to the boys a lot and in the rare moments when most of them weren't flirting with her, they were actually fun. Slowly, she and the boys got closer and somehow her attention was less often occupied by Kai.

Chen was the one who always made her laugh.

Sehun was the one to whom she could always talk to.

She didn't feel as empty as before and she actually started enjoying her stay.

Unlike Kai, who was starting to regret everything he did for the last three years, starting with that faithful night after his birthday. As Mirae felt better, Kai felt worse.

The thing that most bothered him was that he didn't know why.

---

OKAY! :D I had a little hiatus, since I was kind of desperate and stressed, but lately things got better! I finally adapted with living in a different country, have good grades and am on a diet. I feel great and even better-productive! I won't wait for a weekly update anymore and try to update every two days or something, meaning as quick as I can! If I start to forget my story, then how about you guys? Comment your thoughts about the story, upvoting is optional, blah blah, so don't be shy! Thanks for reading! ^^