Chapter 4

Bad Girl: Hawaiian Adventures

"Waah... You are Se Ra's sister? Daebak..." I could feel the awkwardness hit me as I met the stares of six boys. Visibly disturbed, I stepped back a little, only to hit the table with my back. I honestly couldn't help but wonder, why were Kai's friends so weird?!

"My name is Luhan, Kai's best, best, bestest friend. I am basically his male soul mate!"

"Shut up, Luhan! Kai hates you! I am Lay! You can call me oppa!"

"Smooth, very smooth! The name is Kyungsoo, by the way!"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Xiumin! Is that the way to greet a girl?! You broke up with someone not long ago anyway... Suho, at your service!"

"I am Chanyeol! Nice to meet you!"

 

As soon as I went down, I lost Tao somewhere and when I was about to look for my parents, I met them. I don't know how they spotted me, nor I know when they had circled me, but I knew that this was one of the most weird interactions I have encountered.

As if they were aliens.

Staring was the only logical thing to do at that moment, since I was extremely shocked by their strange behavior. It was either that this dress worked, or that those people were extremely .

Maybe it was both.

 

I slowly stepped away, bowing as I excused myself in order to see my family, which was the best escape for the moment. Even as I approached my father, I could feel the stares.

"Omma, Appa!" I hugged my parents and directed my attention towards them, whom I haven't seen in a while. As we talked, I met my sister for a brief moment, before Kai told us that it was time for the party to begin. I held my frustration in as I walked after him, going to my seat, which was between my father and sister. We didn't speak much before Kai stood up with a glass of champagne in his hand. His speech was about to begin and everyone clapped as he chuckled, looking over to her, my sister- Kang Se Ra.

 

 I had actually decided that I was going to leave after two days. Even upon stepping on Hawaiian land, I immediately understood that it wasn't my place to be. The wedding was in three weeks or so and I could simply come again for it only. I couldn't spend so much time, not like that.

 

"And I can certainly say that Kang Se Ra is the one for me." I watched as Kai stared into my sister's eyes, with that same lovey dovey look that I gave him when he was in front of me. As a tear rolled down my cheek,  I heard my mother chuckling softly, thinking that I was crying from happiness for them. He was near the end of his speech and I already had the urge to throw up. Yet, my mother still thought that I was crying from happiness.

I wasn't. I was dying inside.

 

"Hey, sis." After a while, Se Ra muttered as she looked over. "I need to ask you for a favor." I leaned back on my chair and looked over to her behind my father. Smiling softly, she rubbed her shoulder. Chuckling nervously, I raised my brow, waiting for her question. "What is it?" I asked, trying to hide my negative feeling about the night.

"Our chef can't make it for the wedding ceremony, since he had to leave for America, just now. I know this is sudden, but since you will be here, and are really good..."

"Okay." I sighed softly, smiling at her. "I will cook for your wedding." Honestly, how could I say no? "This might ruin your stay here, you won't have the free time that I wanted for you." She pouted and I instinctively chuckled.  "It's okay. Besides, you know I only sleep when I am free. I shouldn't sleep through the wedding, right?" Heh, a dream. We laughed and she looked over to Kai, giving him a soft squeeze on the shoulder.  "Oppa, she said yes!"

He cracked a soft smile as he looked at me. "Really? Thank you, Mirae! We will be seeing a lot then." I raised a brow, asking what did he mean by that, making my sister laugh. "I can't go near a kitchen. I eat everything in it and I need to stay fit for my dress. Also, he has the taste for food and menus, so I trust him with the wedding's decision about the food." She winked at me, reaching for my hand, squeezing it softly. "Of course, you are more experienced than him." I laughed. "We will figure something." I assured her as she turned her attention back to her soon to be in laws.

 

I looked around and Sehun instantly grabbed my eye. Why was he sitting next to Kai's parents? I got the idea that they knew each other but being so close? As I stared at him, his eyes met mine. Widening them, he titled his head a little, opening his mouth asking me what I was doing here. I barely got what he was trying to say, since he was just mouthing the words and not actually saying them, since someone would have heard us. "I am the bride's sister." I spoke softly.

He stared at me, held in any possible reaction for a while and after that chuckled. "Well, I am Kai's brother." I laughed upon understanding a silly thing like that. I knew that I wasn't a good lip reader, but even this? "What?" I furrowed my brows, shaking my head, showing that I couldn't understand him. My heart raced a little, but that was too funny and incredible for to happen. No, even I wouldn't be this unlucky.

"I am Kai's brother!" He finally spoke, causing people around to shut up and look at him strangely. I didn't even realize when my eyes widened, nor when my jaw dropped, as I was too shocked. This was a big hit...

 

My one night stand person was my first love's brother.

 

"What do you mean? How come are you his brother?!" Sehun placed his hand on my mouth, preventing me from further speaking. We went to one of the corners of the garden, where people were less likely to hear us. Looking around, he smiled, nodded at a few people and looked back at me. "Be quiet, Mirae! People might think something!"

"Why didn't I know?!" I stepped back as my back hit one of the columns in the garden. "We rarely talked about family, why would you know? Of course, talking about family in bed would be..." I hit his shoulder as he laughed. "You really should have came to all these family meetings we had. Things would be easier."

"Was that why you were in Busan every single April?" I asked in disbelief as he chuckled again. "Was that why you had so much work in the restaurant then?"

My gaze dropped, dragging the mood with it as our surroundings calmed. "Is something wrong? So what? We are going to be in-laws. Not so bad." My shocked face failed to make him understand that this was indeed a serious issue. I was not like that, not the type of girl to go around and have one-night stands with their close firends, who were her first love's siblings. Yes, I think Sehun couldn't get the full picture.

 

"Aah, you met?" My attempt to answer him was interrupted by Kris. "Mirae-ssi, is this guy troubling you?" He chuckled as he glanced over to Sehun, who just give him a wink. "Ya, hyung, go away." He playfully pushed him and looked at me. "We will talk later, okay? Don't run away again." He chuckled and I smiled. Kris stared at me and sighed. Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he grabbed my attention as he whistled. Sehun left immediately, before I had the chance to even say bye. Or strangle him.

"Our Sehun is really cute, you should know." He smirked as he moved closer. "Did you meet now?" Why was I feeling like that? As if he was trying to burn holes through me. Oh my, it was as if Big Bang's Seungri met a new catch.

 

"Kris, Chanyeol was looking for you." Kai smiled as he approached us. Tapping his shoulder, Kris nodded softly and looked back at me. "See you later, Mirae-ssi." I nodded and he walked away. Good, I was saved. I don't want people asking of my relationship with Sehun. Especially now.

"I know, they can be strange." He spoke softly. "They are creepy." I couldn't lie, they were. Kai laughed and nodded. "I know, oppa will protect you from them." He was saying it so easily. "Will you?" I laughed and we walked to the bar. He ordered a drink for him and looked at me. "No, let me remember!" He shook his head as I was about to tell him and looked over to the barman. "One "Bloody Mary"." As soon as he ordered, he looked at me again, as if checking if he was right. I laughed and nodded,  feeling incredible joy because of a such stupid, little thing.

 

"You don't know how much I've missed you." His smile stayed as he we sat on the stools, him facing me. I chuckled. "You have Se Ra, why would you miss me?" I asked softly as I took the drink from the plot. "You were my little sister, why wouldn't I miss you?" He reached his hand and gave my shoulder a soft grip.  I flinched upon his touch, but stayed still as he squeezed it. His gaze was soft like everytime, as if there was nothing unusual and he had seen me last yesterday and not three years ago. "Mirae, did something happen?"

"Why would something happen, oppa?" I smiled softly as I kept my gaze on the glass in front of me. "You would have work every time I came to see you. Every time I was in Seoul, you would be somewhere else. You rarely go to Busan. I can't actually remember the last time we had a proper meal together." He was saying all those things, but didn't he understand that I was avoiding him?

I remembered though. It was after your birthday, when you told me that you were serious about my sister. I remember that morning so well. "I have a lot of work, oppa. I am in the kitchen non-stop." I smiled and looked at him. "Will it be always like that?" He chuckled softly, making me tremble.  Shrugging, I looked over to find my sister chatting with her friends from school.

 

"How are things with Se Ra?" Perfect. "Perfect." He gave a wide smile, his gaze travelling to her as well.

Of course.

"Couldn't be better." He muttered softly.

"I am happy about you." I wasn't.

"I know, Mirae." He didn't.

 

"I was planning on taking the boys with me tomorrow to an island. I used to go there a lot when I was younger. You can come if you want to."

"Wouldn't you guys want to be alone? Have some man time?" We chuckled and he shook his head. "The boys were waiting for a long time to meet you." A pause followed, before he spoke again. "I know you are not close with your sister. I know that you don't feel comfortable around her and your parents in one place. I have noticed." I looked at him, a wave of shock running through my body. How did he know? "I am not stupid, Mirae. Your sister loves you, you love her as well. But I can't help but see that you don't like being with her."

I looked over to my drink again, cracking a soft and calm smile. "You can't miss anything, huh oppa?" I sighed and leaned my head on my hand for support. His intelligence and awareness were maybe the first thing that made me like him. Of course, he wasn't stupid. He was Kai after all. 

 

But would he be that smart to figure out why I have been avoiding him as well?

 

"I actually thought that you were going to decline to be the chef and make an excuse to go to Seoul for the next three weeks before the wedding. Stupid, huh?" He laughed and I chuckled nervously. He knew me all too well.

"I love you, you know that, right?" He hugged me suddenly and I smiled. "Ye, oppa. I know." I knew all too well. I snuggled closer, hiding my chin in the crook of his neck. We stayed like that for a brief moment, before he pulled away. Smiling at me, he patted my head like a pup.

 

"You must be exhausted. I will walk you to your room." I shook my head, smiling. "Oppa, your guests are here, I can go by myself." "You will be okay?" "It's just a three minute wait in the elevator, oppa." We laughed and he nodded. "Okay, go tell your parents." He patted my back and walked to my sister, who was close nearby. I obeyed and went to my parents, wishing them a good night.

 

"You going up?" I saw Chen in the hotel lobby. I smiled, nodding. Pressing the elevator button, laughed suddenly. "So you are like me after flights, huh? It's barely eleven. " I laughed. "My hobby is sleeping." I joked as the doors opened. "Aah, you must be my soul mate then." He had a nice sense of humour, I had to admit that. We walked in the elevator and as the doors closed, he reached to select the floor level. "Which floor?" He asked. "Tenth." I spoke and checked my state in the mirror.

"We are on the same floor." He noted and I smiled.

 

"I can see that you are not tired, Chen-ssi." I spoke jokingly, and chuckled at the look he gave me. "Ah, you got me. You are the one to talk, I saw how bored you were throughout the party." I pressed my finger to my lips, signalizing him to be quiet. "Shht! It's a secret!" "I am good at keeping secrets!" He exclaimed quietly, as if keeping our conversation private, while no one was around us. I liked it, it felt all secretive and funny at the same time.

"I have a bottle of wine in my room. Normally it was for me, in my boring moments, but I am willing to share?" I chuckled and nodded. "My room has a nice view, we can drink it there." I suggested, to which he nodded and as soon as the elevator stopped, we went to his room, which was actually two rooms away from mine. Taking the bottle of wine, we went to my room and after I took two glasses from one of the cabinets, we sat on the balcony.

 

"So we finally met Kai's weakness." My insides warmed upon hearing that. "The guys love you already. They would have made a clear move on you, if he didn't promise that he would kill us if we made you uncomfortable." I struggled not to spill the gulp of wine I just took from my glass, onto his shirt. "Oh, so they haven't yet made a move on me?" We laughed. "They are strange sometimes. Even I am like that." He stared at the ocean view for a moment.

"You are obeying nicely, though." He chuckled at my remark. "I don't want to die, Mirae-ssi." I almost felt bad for him. "Kai was right though." I looked over to him again, raising my brow, waiting for him to continue. He looked back and smiled.

"You are really beautiful."

------

So I am back. Thank you for waiting patiently <3 Next chapter should be done soon! Please comment! Your opinion gives me new ideas! I already have gotten some from the comments below!