Chapter 6

Bad Girl: Hawaiian Adventures

"No." Mirae closed her eyes in frustration. Kris made her go with him and find a tuxedo for the wedding, however hours later, Mirae was a living Hell, while Kris didn't really give a damn. He changed at least into twenty costumes, which were, to Mirae's unhappy amusement, all freakishly weird.

"Like seriously, who wears pink on a wedding?!"  Undoing his tie, Kris raised his brow. "You?" "You are not a bridesmaid Kris!" She almost shouted, shaking her head in agony. She was so hungry and so pissed. "Just take it off, I don't like this shop." Of course, she should have never trusted him in going to a shop that had "Flashy" in its name.

Kris grinned. "You sure?" Sighing, Mirae nodded. "I am desperately sure. Please, Kris! Take it off." As if this was the answer he was waiting for all along. Upon seeing a shirt falling to the floor, Mirae met a six pack. Taking her a few seconds to realize what was going on, her face flushed, leaving her speechless and mostly-breathless. Kris smirked. "Happy?" Tensing his muscles more, he watched as the girl in front of him couldn't tear her eyes off his chest.

Oh yeah, Kris was proud.

"The pants." Her sudden words tore him out of his glory moment. As now his face suddenly flushed, he opened his mouth to speak, only to be interrupted. "It's easy to drop the shirt." Tilting her head in amusement,  Mirae broke a mischievous grin. "Drop the pants." Crossing her arms, she tried to fight back the need to laugh, only to let out a snort in the end.

When realizing that she was joking, Kris frowned and sighed in some kind of a pleasant relief. "Aish, you are so erted." Bending down to get the shirt, Kris heard her muttering something that he couldn't understand. "Watch out Mirae," Moving to the changing cabin, he gave her a dirty smirk. "You might just become a bad girl." Mirae was really happy to go with the decision to smack him later. "We have two weeks until the wedding and I am not-" Mirae stopped suddenly, as her hand instinctively reached to her lips. "Two weeks." Repeating it softer, her heart felt a little too heavy than usual. Time passed so fast.

Stopping the car near the beach, Kris looked over her. Mirae suddenly became quiet and he would most definitely say that he was bothered by that. "You okay?" She nodded unconsciously and he was certain that she didn't even hear him speak. Lifting her chin with his thumb, he caressed her softly while he cracked a soft smile. Mirae looked at him, questioning his actions. Kris was never so soft, at least not in the week she knew him.

"Kris, I have to design the menu today, so I won't attend the party. Can you tell Se Ra?" Mirae hurried to open the door and even before he knew it, she had gotten out, free of his touch. "Call me if anything?" He smiled as she closed the door. Nodding, Mirae chuckled. "You would be the first." Mirae sighed as she walked away. Until when could she ditch the family meetings? She decided to go with ''as long as possible" kind of an answer.

"You guys are actually really easy to work with!" Smiling softly, Mirae took off her apron and fixed her dress. The staff gathered around her and as she checked her clipboard, Mirae nodded in approval. "We did everything we had in plan for today. Thank you on working on such a short notice and I promise, I won't bother you for the next week. I just needed some help with the kitchen."

"No problem, miss Kang! The chairman told us to help you with whatever we could, but he never told us you would be such a perfect chef!" She and the people all laughed and after bowing, she sent them away. "I wish you a good night!" Waving at them, she looked at the clock.

Ouch, it was nine o'clock! As guilt took over her, she sat on the empty surface. "Aigoo, and I just made them work on a Saturday evening!" Looking around, Mirae smiled. The kitchen was made to perfection, just like the one she was working in Seoul.

Taking a quick look at her checklist, Mirae gave a sigh. "Wedding cake." It was okay, she found the perfect little shop that even her sister would love. As she was too occupied with her thoughts, Mirae didn't even notice how a certain someone stood behind her.

As he stayed for over a minute without being noticed, Kris chuckled softly and as he did so, locked eyes with a very startled Mirae. "Kris! You scared me!" Turning her frown into a smile, she examined him. "Well, aren't you y this evening?" While she laughed, Kris only cracked an amused smirk. "Well, don't you look awfully tired?" Kris placed a bag on the counter, next to her. Blinking in confusion, Mirae raised her brow. "Dinner, you know, the thing we-." He paused as he reached out for her hair. Taking a little part of a lettuce leaf, Kris chuckled. "Gosh, you sure feel your job."

"Don't remind me. I almost got killed today." Scooting over, Mirae made him space, which he took. "Someone accidentally slipped and dropped some ice cubes  in the hot oil."

"Ouch." They laughed. "You look like you could use a break, though." Kris looked at her, noticing how her skin was paler. "And you didn't come to the party."

"I told you, I had to be here."

"Yeah, but you didn't come two days ago either. Neither to the party before that." Standing up, Kris walked in front of her again, pressing himself to the counter, so he could close the distance. "You are not avoiding me or the boys, I know that. But what about..." Mirae looked down, feeling uncomfortable. Kris sighed as he tried to go on. Opening his mouth again, he barely managed get out a whisper. "Do you have a problem with Se Ra, or..." She looked at him again, certain that he knew everything already. She wasn't afraid to admit it, it was obvious enough. So she waited, for him to state the obvious so that at least someone besides her would aknowldege the exisitng problem. "Do you have a problem with Kai?"

"Why would she have a problem with me?" Kai and Sehun walked in, bringing even more tension. Both Mirae and Kris looked at them, visibly surprised by their sudden arrival. "What happened to the party?" Kris smiled, hoping he would make things less awkward. There was no success, Kai's frown deepened even more. "Se Ra didn't feel well and went to her room. Stacey was looking for you." Pausing, Kris and Kai locked eyes. "She said she enjoyed last night." Kris' smile faded, only to be replaced with a glare. Looking over to Mirae, he sighed. Giving him a reassuring smile, Mirae patted his shoulder. "Go y, get the girl." Whispering softly, she made Kris laugh and as he received a quick hug from him, she watched as he left the kitchen.

"I should go as well." Sehun muttered and rushed after his friend, shouting for him to wait. Mirae gulped.

They were alone at last. After a week, they were finally alone. The problem was that she didn't want this right now. She couldn't deal with this, Mirae was just too tired.

Kai stood on his place, his face still looking grim. He felt heavy and wasn't sure if he should move, so he stayed in his place instead. Locking gazes with her, he sighed. "What's wrong?" His voice was stable, however serious.

"Nothing." Mirae stood up slowly and turned her back against him, pretending to be clearing the remaining dishes from the nearby table. She was not in the mood to deal with her emotions and her trying to make it feel less awkward would be impossible, so she just prayed that he would let it go. However, it was the opposite - Kai had enough. Marching towards her, he felt awfully tight in his black tuxedo. Everything was suffocating him these days. Especially when it involved her.

Grabbing her hand, he forced her to turn around, causing her to drop everything back on the table. "Kai!" She shouted at him, causing him to step back with widened eyes. There was no oppa, there wasn't a smile nor a loving look. She was cold, she was...

She was angry. She was beyond pissed to be honest. How was he to come here and pretend to care? Mirae tried to fight her aggressive thoughts, but that only resulted in thinking about it more.

Silence fell again, only to be interrupted by Kai's sigh. "Is something wrong? Did I do something?" His eyes changed from strict to his old soft gaze. The gaze he had for her. Mirae was about to answer, before Kai interrupted her. "Because you need to tell me, okay? You know I love you so much and I can't bear to-"

"Love me?" She had enough. "Kai, wake up! You are engaged to my sister, stop saying this!" The hell with it. "I have listened to you telling me you love me my whole life! I don't know and as hell don't care if you love me like a sister, child or even a pet! Stop saying that!" Mirae shouted, frustration getting stronger as her tears started forming. "You are getting married, so stop acting like this with me." Trying to get away from him, Mirae angrily passed by him, heading to the exit. She couldn't bear it, the humiliation was too strong. "Mirae!" He caught her wrist, causing her to stop. She didn't turn around, she didn't speak, she gave no reaction. He noticed, she was cold. Ice cold.

"What did I do?" To his surprised, Mirae only gave an ironic chuckle. "Don't worry, you didn't do anything." Facing him, Mirae let her tears fall. "It was me who couldn't get over you the whole time. So no, you did nothing wrong." Closing her eyes in regret, Mirae pulled away her hand from his. "I was the idiot. For everything, for-" Not knowing if she could take more, Mirae walked out of the hotel's kitchen, leaving Kai all alone.

Her steps were fast, her breathing as well. Her heart was rushing and she couldn't help but feel as if she was suffocating. As her heels hit the marble floor in a furious manner, she walked outside of the hotel, hoping that she could at least catch her breath. Unable to keep calm, she pushed her hand to , muffling the desperate scream that finally came out of her, resulting a sudden, but long waited break down. Mirae felt strong arms wrap around her, with a painfully familiar scent coming from their owner.

Sehun.

"I want to be alone."

"Then pretend I'm not here." Chuckling, Sehun pressed his cheek to her head, tightening his embrace. She felt so right against him, how could she not understand it? "I know what's up. You don't have to explain anything. And even if I don't, I can always pretend to understand you if you want to talk about it." Obeying her urge to cry again, Mirae  felt as she relaxed her body on his support and muffled her sobs in his blazer. "Come on." Sehun smiled. "Let's go to your room. I hear you hide wine there. Chen told me about your tradition." He managed to get out a chuckle from her and as he pulled away, Sehun took off his blazer and placed it on her, covering her bare shoulders. Mirae's fade smile remained as she felt that she was in safe hands.

Stepping out of the elevator, ten floors later, they finally got to her room.

Sehun sighed as he closed the door after him. "You have been stressed ever since you came, I can see it." Passing by her, he laid on her bed, causing Mirae to raise her brow. He grinned. "Kim Sehun, the best shoulder to cry on." Patting his own shoulder, he winked, this time achieving in making her laugh. Changing his posture to sitting, Sehun's face turned serious. "I will be here. I can stay the night and I won't take no for an answer." Smirking softly, he took off his shoes. "But I can't bear the thought of leaving you while you are like this."

Sighing, Mirae rubbed off the tears from her cheeks. Cracking a soft and playful smile, she nodded. "Move over, this isn't your house." Chuckling at his laugh, Mirae turned off the lights and laid next to him, letting Sehun embrace her again. It was as if she got years back, when they just met, but this time, she didn't feel regret for anything. Closing her eyes, she relaxed, listening to Sehun's soothing voice talking about how he would get her the biggest bouquet of flowers first thing in the morning. That guy, always getting her smiles with cheesy talks.

Practically forcing himself out of the hotel, Kai felt an incredible need to punch something. As he suddenly lost himself in the garden, he stopped, desperately trying to gather his thoughts. He didn't know what to think as many faces came in front of his vision and as thoughts kept pouring in a chaotic manner. Walking into one of the mazes of bushes, he breathed out heavily. Was he supposed to be angry about it? Sad? Yes, Kai was angry. He was angry about being happy. Happy that she told him that. Relieved that she was feeling like this, he felt light, because-

"Someone will hear us." Hearing his fiancée in the distance, Kai followed her voice, filled after with giggles and moans. His steps fastened as he heard another voice, which was clearly male. Upon seeing the scene in front of him, he couldn't even be surprised or shocked. "No Mark, someone will-"

"See you?" Kai chuckled at the irony as he witnessed his fiancée, the one he chose over Mirae, having her hands all over a man he had clearly never seen before. Catching her terrified gaze, he snorted.

"Don't worry about that, Se Ra. I already did."